Are Tea Party Members 'Dumbasses'?

Politics 2010/07/27 13:33:42
Related Topics: Obama, Tea Party, Polls, Senate
Tea Party members are dumbasses.
Ken Buck is a dumbass.
Neither are.
In the age of video cameras, iPhones and opponents tracking every campaign stop, it's sad that candidates still get caught saying something that antagonizes their base: Ken Buck is one example.

Ken Buck, a Colorado Republican candidate for Senate, was caught on tape, by a Democratic Party worker tracking him, saying Tea Party members who continue to push that Barack Obama is not a U.S. citizen are "dumbasses." Buck, who has Tea Party support and has the lead in polls, added that he wished that so-called Birthers stop asking him questions about it on camera. He later apologized for his phrasing, according to Mediaite.

This is sad, not because Buck called Birthers "dumbasses" but because it's not the first time he was caught saying something that could hurt his campaign. He was also taped saying that people should vote for him because he is not a woman (his opponent is) or as he says, "because I do not wear high heels."

Are Tea Party members dumbasses or is Ken Buck?

WATCH: 24 Hour Tea Party People

Read More: http://www.mediaite.com/online/senatorial-candidat...

• Mr. Smith 2010/07/27 16:18:08
    Neither are.
    Mr. Smith
    +11
    Ken Buck's failure was in speaking his mind, but he's 100% correct. I actually applaud his honesty, don't sugarcoat it and don't play the PC game. The Birthers are dumbasses, it's a loser argument from the get go, so are Truthers. Now before any Tea Party people jump on me, I am a TP person, so I'm not saying the TP are dumbasses. Birthers exist on the Left, the Right, and everywhere in-between, not just in the TP. So my point is simple, with so many failed policies of the Obama Administration, why would anyone pick the Birther topic as the argument to shed light on. It backfires every time and only puts the focus on their own stupidity and naivete.

• alphe512 2011/04/02 20:54:00
    Tea Party members are dumbasses.
    alphe512
    +3
    When you march in the streets to shut down your own government in the middle of a recession recovery. When you place rich powerful corporate interests over your own not so rich family interest. When you accept the notion that life saving options and better healthcare are bad for you and your family. When you compare the salaries of public servants, teachers, and union workers to those of wealthy corporate CEO's and then side with those same wealthy CEO's (who bankrupted the country in the first place) to give them even more money. I'd say yeah. The tea party are a bunch of dumbasses!
    Neither are.
    +1
    Neither are--the left is!
  • alphe512 wtw 2011/04/02 21:01:37
    alphe512
    +2
    How so? I don't see the left in the street marching to keep more peole from working or trying to get work. The tea crack P.O.T. (Protest On Tap) party is.
  • wtw alphe512 2011/04/02 21:19:21
    +1
    The unions in Wiscounsin and Ohio are radical and many are teachers that lied to leave school and had doctors lie for them. They encouraged kids to bag school--oh yea-they have so much integrity.
    Where is the Tea Party marching to keep people from working?
  • alphe512 wtw 2011/04/02 22:12:09
    alphe512
    In Wisconsin for one. Bussed in by the Koch Bros no doubt. This may sound dumb to you but these teachers diddn't skip school to ditch. They did it to save their jobs and way of life before the overreaching tyrranical GOP govt ripped it to shreds. if your job was threatend by gov't for wrongful purposes and underhanded dirty not fully legal processes. wouldn't you try to fight that somehow? Please , explain to me how taxpaying unions are so radical? Do working people offend you somehow?
  • wtw alphe512 2011/04/05 03:37:22 (edited)
    They bagged school and were bad examples and there is no way around that. They had doctors writing bogus sick notices--once again poor examples. The did not do so to save their jobs because their jobs were not in the balance. How can you justify the private sector loosing jobs and the government revenues less and the government workers not paying more to pay for their benefits than the private sector? The unions and teachers don't want equality. They want better pay and benefits than the private sector. They thingk they are special and should not have top pay like the private sector--What about broke and bankrupt don't people understand. The government is broke, bankrupt and out of money. Whyt should the taxpayers pay more? This is embarrassing for people who are so-called examples of our society!
    SO you think that teachers should be paid 50% in pay and benefits more than the private sector? I am am a working man that pays 20% of my health care--teachers pay none, I pay 96% of my retirement--teachers pay none. I have to work until I am 65 before I can retire with full benifits. Most teachers can retire with full benefits after working 20 to 15 years. You call that fair?
  • alphe512 wtw 2011/04/05 04:18:58 (edited)
    alphe512
    So you are telling me that you wouldn't join something that could give you better pay and benefits?! Your jealous of your teachers and firefighters for picking a better gig than you? I'm mad because unions get a better shake than me. Wah-wah-wah. You sound like a big whiner to me. When we had a good economy what did our "great" republican gov't do? Invest in our country? Nope, quite the opposite. Hey here's a good Idea lets squander that budget surplus Clinton left. I bet you wern't bitching about teachers and unions then. BTW are you including hardworking union members when you say taxpayer? Last I checked, hard working shlubs like you, me and people who work in unions paid taxes!! Corporations and the wealthy you love so much pay less and less in taxes. The money is here the gop is just not going after it. You don't give tax breaks to people/corporations that have/make billions and then go to you me and grandma to pay for a fake made up budget crisis.(Walker in WI.) You know what, forget everything I said in this post and keep crying and watching fox. I'm sure you'll be fine.
  • America... wtw 2011/11/15 12:59:25
    American☆Atheist
    the left is scientifically smarter
  • Dickens 2010/07/28 14:05:13
    Tea Party members are dumbasses.
    Dickens
    They have a "Neither are" choice; why isn't there a "Both are" choice??
  • Farside 2010/07/28 12:45:26
    Neither are.
    Farside
    +1
    He never said all tea party members were dumbasses. What a stupid, misleading article.
  • farkoff Farside 2010/07/28 12:59:08
  • Farside farkoff 2010/07/28 13:01:47
    Farside
    +1
    Racists? What racists? Look at your own party! Talk about a bunch of race-baiters! Makes me sick with the amount of racist crap I have to put up with. When was the last time you saw a tea party event with an AK in each protester's hand? F#!#ing idiot!
  • farkoff Farside 2010/07/28 13:15:19
  • Farside Farside 2010/07/28 13:24:52
    Farside
    OMG, that made me laugh so much! What extremists? What racism? There were maybe one or two signs that were racist, but you find me a crowd with out at least one wacko in it. It is bound to happen! The first video you posted was awesome. Please send me more- It shows me there are sane people in this country who are willing to tell the government to shove it. Arm the people, not arming the government against the people.
  • Racefish farkoff 2012/10/17 21:38:12
    Racefish
    Of course you do realize the "birther" question was started by the Clinton campaign, or do you?
  • jnl72 2010/07/28 12:37:21
    Ken Buck is a dumbass.
    jnl72
    Do politicians not realize that anything and everything they say can, and probably will, be blasted all over the media outlets? We have a 24-hour news cycle now....and everyone is always taping these guys. He's sabotaging his own campaign.

On the flip side, the whole "birther" situation is ridiculous. People need to let it go, because they probably DO look like dumbasses. I do think it's a little weird that no one can produce his birth certificate, but at this point, who cares? He's in the WH, we just have to deal with it. And for the record, there are very few people who are "birthers", and they're not all in the tea party. Most tea party activists don't say anything about this. There are only a few.
  • tito ca... jnl72 2010/08/03 17:06:43
    tito callahan
    +1
    You think it's just a "little wierd" that a supposed American citizen running for the most powerful position in the entire world, wont produce ANY documents proving who he is or even his school record history? Thats just a "little wierd", but the folks who insist on knowing the truth are in your eyes "dumbasses? What an open minded sheep you are.
  • jnl72 tito ca... 2010/08/06 02:42:02
    jnl72
    On the contrary, I think it's very weird, and no, I don't think they're dumbasses. I said they look like it. People think they're extreme and way over the top. The fact is that information has been hidden very well, and it's never going to be uncovered. Why do you think Obama made a trip to Hawaii and he visited the hospital? No one will ever be able to prove he's not a citizen. I just think they should let it go at this point.
  • Racefish jnl72 2012/10/17 21:39:35
    Racefish
    "the whole "birther" situation is ridiculous"

Thank Hillary for that.
  • crispy.wing 2010/07/28 10:47:49
    Tea Party members are dumbasses.
    crispy.wing
    +3
    Yes, they are dumbasses. Supposedly conservative, yet they were nowhere to be seen when the conservatives turned a surplus into a deficit and increased the federal government to the largest its ever been. They hate government but want the government to stop brown people from crossing the border. Finally, they think socialism means the guy you didn't vote for won. Complete dumbasses!!!
  • Kinetic crispy.... 2010/07/28 14:21:34
    Kinetic
    +1
    Like Buck, you mischaracterize those in the TEA Party. You are clueless as to who they are, what they stand for and their beliefs.

As one who attended a local TEA Party rally at the request of my 28 year old son and father of my grandson, I honestly know that you are totally off base about he and I.

I believe and support the US Constitution, Declaration of Independence, Life, Liberty, the Pursuit of Happiness, and where the blessing of these rights come from.

Those who would take away my liberty are more likely to be Marxists, Islammunists, Maoists, Communists, Progressives, Socialists or another kind of anti-American.

You have been as Buck has been factually incorrect about a great many things. I hold no hatred. Hatred does more harm to the one doing the hating than to whom the hate is directed at.

As far as Socialism goes, President "spread the wealth" Obama was in the past and may very well still be a Socialist. He never ran so much as a hot dog stand in the private sector.

CHICAGO DEMOCRATIC SOCIALISTS
    of AMERICA

New Ground 45

March - April, 1996

Contents

A Town Meeting on Economic Insecurity: Employment and Survival in Urban America
    Other DSA News
    A Town Meeting on Economic Insecurity:

Employment and Survival in Urban America

One of the themes that has emerged in Barack Obama's campai...

president spread wealth obama socialist ran hot dog private sector
    CHICAGO DEMOCRATIC SOCIALISTS
    of AMERICA
    socialist ran hot dog private sector chicago democratic socialists america

New Ground 45

March - April, 1996

Contents

Other DSA News
    A Town Meeting on Economic Insecurity:

One of the themes that has emerged in Barack Obama's campaign is "what does it take to create productive communities", not just consumptive communities. It is an issue that joins some of the best instincts of the conservatives with the better instincts of the left. He felt the state government has three constructive roles to play.

The first is "human capital development". By this he meant public education, welfare reform, and a "workforce preparation strategy". Public education requires equality in funding. It's not that money is the only solution to public education's problems but it's a start toward a solution. The current proposals for welfare reform are intended to eliminate welfare but it's also true that the status quo is not tenable. A true welfare system would provide for medical care, child care and job training. By "workforce preparation strategy", Barack Obama simply meant a coordinated, purposeful program of job training instead of the ad hoc, fragmented approach used by the State of Illinois today.

The state government can also play a role in redistribution, the allocation of wages and jobs.
    http://www.chicagodsa.org/nga...
  • crispy.... Kinetic 2010/07/28 14:47:09
    crispy.wing
    I agree with you in that I don't hate either. Its hard to hate someone for being stupid. I feel more pity for these people than anything.

Just because something has the word "socialist" in it does not mean it is purley socialist in the traditional 18th century sense. Although, that fact doesn't fit in with the rhetoric of the far right. Not to mention the fact that Obama merely gave a speech that was featured in this "socialist" newsletter. Or the fact that he was a lawyer for the biggest capitalist corporation in the world, Walmart. The tea-partiers are not ones to let facts get in the way of thir arguments.

During this recession the top 1% got richer while everyone else lost money and accrued more debt. This was of course because of the so called "conservatives" and their corporate policies, ideology, their 2 wars and expanding of the federal government to the biggest proportions EVER. So your fears of Islamists, Marxists or dear god, the "liberals" and their ideas of personal liberty for EVERYONE, make me pity this whole pathetic argument.
  • Kinetic crispy.... 2010/07/29 14:55:51
    Kinetic
    You are factually incorrect about a great many things, have misinterpreted my statements and make claims that are unfounded and unverified. As a TEA Party individual, I fully expect to be bashed, insulted, called names but have a thick skin and know that I am right, not perfect, but right.

1. You accused me of hate where there was none.
    2. Pure Socialism or Socialism-lite are still forms of anti-Americanism regardless.
    3. There is no evidence that Obama was a Walmart attorney.
    4. There is evidence that Obama was an ACORN attorney.
    5. Your 'got richer' claim is unsupported and unsubstantiated.
    6. Whomever is getting rich is of little concern to me as I have nothing against profit.
    7. Taking out the Taliban and Saddam Hussein from power was right and just.
    8. I fear no one including Marxists, Maoists, Progressives, Islammunists, Communists, Socialists and other anti-Americans.
    9. Those who oppose Liberty embrace Marxism, Socialism Maoism, Progressivism, Communism, Socialism and other forms of anti-Americanism.
    10. I am an economic Liberal and you oppose my Liberty which does not depend on government support.
    11. Those in the government cannot give Americans their Liberty. They can only take it away.
    12. Your argument is not intellectual but unintelligible.
    13. Americanism is the belief in an...

13. Americanism is the belief in and support of the US Constitution, Declaration of Independence, Life, Liberty, the Pursuit of Happiness, and where the blessings of these rights come from. Socialism in all it's forms supports the opposite of these values.

Being aware of anti-Americanism like Marxists in our government is not the same thing as being fearful. McCarthy was right by the way, in case you haven't heard.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/...
  • tito ca... Kinetic 2010/08/12 08:03:22
    tito callahan
    McCarthy was indeed right sir, and so are you.
  • Kinetic tito ca... 2010/08/12 13:35:34
    Kinetic
    Exactly! While Senator Joe McCarthy may have been over-zealous in his pursuit of Communists in Hollywood and drank too much, he was truly and absolutely accurate in his assessment. Hollywood was indeed infiltrated and used by anti-American Socialist Revolutionaries.

Question: How many Communists in the US?
    Answer: The number is equal to the current population of Hollywood.

: - D
  • Montgomery Kinetic 2013/10/24 19:06:16
  • Racefish Kinetic 2012/10/17 21:46:08
    Racefish
    I guess they haven't figured out there has to be someone willing to build businesses for these people to work in. I don't see government building a business and being able to run it the same as people who will risk their own property and wealth to achieve that end.
  • Tiger99 2010/07/28 08:01:38
    Neither are.
    Tiger99
    I don't beleive he referred to "Tea Party"
    members as dumbasses, just the dumbass "birthers" as dumbasses...
  • farkoff Tiger99 2010/07/28 13:00:16
  • flowerlady112 2010/07/28 03:15:16
    Ken Buck is a dumbass.
    flowerlady112
    This is exactly why I am voting for Jane Norton!
  • AngelaTC 2010/07/28 03:08:51
    Neither are.
    AngelaTC
    +3
    Once again, SODAHEAD creates a poll with ignorant choices.

TEA Party means "Taxed Enough Already." Obama's birth certificate has nothing to do with the TEA Party movement, except that the birthers are anxious to use the platform to advance their own agenda. TEA Partiers aren't dumb asses, but the birthers are.
  • farkoff AngelaTC 2010/07/28 13:01:15
  • AngelaTC farkoff 2010/07/28 17:45:50
    AngelaTC
    Let me know when they start beating up people in wheelchairs and threatening to kill babies. Then maybe I'll believe you're not just making stuff up. Maybe.
  • 1472365 2010/07/28 02:52:20
    Neither are.
    1472365
    +2
    Tea Party members stand for The Constitution and The Bill Of Rights, that's what makes them American patriots.
  • farkoff 1472365 2010/07/28 13:20:06
  • 1472365 farkoff 2010/07/30 07:07:48
    1472365
    It is seen as an affront to state sovereignty.
  • tito ca... 1472365 2010/08/12 08:06:51
    tito callahan
    +1
    Apparently, it's also what makes them racisct and militant extremists, to these useful idiots on here.
  • 1472365 tito ca... 2010/08/17 04:53:43
    1472365
    Word has it that anti tea party forces have been attending tea parties and acting like racists, militants or morons to discredit the movement.
  • alphe512 1472365 2011/04/02 21:09:28
    alphe512
    +2
    If most of these tea party people actually knew what was in those Documents they probably would be patriots instead of pawns.
  • Montgomery 1472365 2013/10/24 19:07:06
    Montgomery
    No they don't. They are racists and greedy sociopaths,

2014/12/18 18:39:41