Are Tea Party Conservatives brainwashed into thinking that they can call people names like “slut” and get away with it?

bob 2012/06/05 15:19:09
Most Tea Party Conservatives are rude, crude and socially unacceptable
The Tea Party Conservative rotten apple does not fall far from the rotting tree that produced it
The Tea Party Conservatives are selfish, greedy, bigoted tools with out any morals, so calling people names makes them feel like big shots.
Tea Party Conservatives believe that they can call people names like “slut” and get away with it
Tea Party Conservatives do not believe that they can call people names like “slut” and get away with it

• schjaz 2012/06/05 15:24:41
    schjaz
    +16
    Do the demeaning progressives think they can? Look what they did to Palin. Disgusting.

• luvguins 2012/06/09 22:36:02
    luvguins
    +1
    The ones I know are mostly old retired Republicans now railing against "socialism" while collecting their Social Security, and using their Medicare. They are avid Fox News viewers and believe everything they hear there. They are church goers too, who would not be profane nor admit to any racism. They like to talk about the days of Eisenhower and/or Reagan.
  • elptrek P.H.A.E.T.'s wizard 2012/06/08 20:53:54
    elptrek P.H.A.E.T.'s wizard
    +2
    Political parties are inherently combative, we need to go back to temporary parties for issue and when the issue is over the party disappears.
  • Little Angel 2012/06/08 16:32:25
    Little Angel
    +3
    I believe the Two Party System is obsolete and they have proved that
    neither can improve the economy or any other of our problems. I think
    the way the Democrats & Republicans talk about everything but the
    real issues and call names is disgraceful. Maybe the Tea Party thinks
    they should do the same but that makes them no better.
    This is one of the many reasons I support the Green Party and my
    vote goes to Jill Stein.
  • Posha King Little ... 2012/06/08 16:58:38
    Posha King
    I truly believe you are misinformed. The Tea Party is NOT represented by such loud mouthed insensitive talking heads like Limbaugh. We are simply groups of regular citizens who want our voice heard. WE aren't calling anyone names or promising anything. WE are just trying to get OUR representatives (yours AND mine) to do their jobs and listen to the people they are supposed to be representing. I'm all for more parties in our system. And I have a deeply held belief that most if not all of the folks in Washington longer than 1 term are the same creature, just different suit. New parties will inject new ideas and fresh perspectives into the public debate. Don't judge a whole party because someone SAYS they are a part of that party and speak on their behalf. It's bad form and usually inaccurate. And the Tea Party isn't a national organization. It is just a whole lot of local small groups who share similar ideas. But this is how new parties are formed and gain strength. I hope the Green Party can grow like this and offer alternatives and new ideas into our system. We all benefit. You can't point to one instance of a Tea Party Rally that ends in arrests, has video or audio of key note speakers or organizers up on the stand spouting hatred and violence. If you can find this, I would t...
    I truly believe you are misinformed. The Tea Party is NOT represented by such loud mouthed insensitive talking heads like Limbaugh. We are simply groups of regular citizens who want our voice heard. WE aren't calling anyone names or promising anything. WE are just trying to get OUR representatives (yours AND mine) to do their jobs and listen to the people they are supposed to be representing. I'm all for more parties in our system. And I have a deeply held belief that most if not all of the folks in Washington longer than 1 term are the same creature, just different suit. New parties will inject new ideas and fresh perspectives into the public debate. Don't judge a whole party because someone SAYS they are a part of that party and speak on their behalf. It's bad form and usually inaccurate. And the Tea Party isn't a national organization. It is just a whole lot of local small groups who share similar ideas. But this is how new parties are formed and gain strength. I hope the Green Party can grow like this and offer alternatives and new ideas into our system. We all benefit. You can't point to one instance of a Tea Party Rally that ends in arrests, has video or audio of key note speakers or organizers up on the stand spouting hatred and violence. If you can find this, I would truly appreciate a link to it. I want to know if the people I associate with are no longer on the same page as me in how we conduct ourselves. But I don't think it will be easy. Only those on the outside have said anything and those on the inside have clearly pointed out that they do not speak for us.
  • Dynasty Fighter 2012/06/08 15:17:43
    Dynasty Fighter
    they can get away with anything
  • Patric 2012/06/08 10:20:08
    Patric
    yawn,,, give it a break,
    we just went 5 TRILLION in the crapper in the past 3 1/2 years.
    and this is the best you got ?
    get some priorities,man, grow up...
  • bob Patric 2012/06/08 21:24:10
    bob
    +1
    Ah a typical answer of a religious conservative homophobic closet case
  • Patric bob 2012/06/08 22:58:59
    Patric
    yawn,,
  • Pat 2012/06/08 03:54:07
    The Tea Party Conservatives are selfish, greedy, bigoted tools with out any m...
    +2
    I don't think it makes them feel like big shots. I makes them feel righteous, holier than thou and better than the rest of us. They have the truth and we don't. They couldn't be more wrong.
  • Joel 2012/06/08 03:43:05
    The Tea Party Conservative rotten apple does not fall far from the rotting tr...
    Joel
    +1
    Look at partisan recrimination since 2000. Look at some of the posts in this space alone. American politics, 2012-style. This reflects our society. This is who we are to the rest of the world now.
  • Gracie - Proud Conservative 2012/06/08 03:21:29
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    Who called someone a slut? Paul Revere?
  • bob Gracie ... 2012/06/08 21:24:55
    bob
  • \V/ 2012/06/08 01:55:51
  • Patric \V/ 2012/06/08 10:22:34
    Patric
    +1
    wow, tell me how your really feel,
    this time do not hold back....
  • \V/ Patric 2012/06/08 17:22:39
  • Patric \V/ 2012/06/09 11:29:30
    Patric
    lighten up a little,, I got it the first time.
    tried to use some humor to comment on your hard hitting reply..
    ease up, not every one is attacking every one...
  • \V/ Patric 2012/06/09 21:39:05
  • Patric \V/ 2012/06/10 16:01:51
    Patric
    file it in last year snow... :)
  • Posha King 2012/06/07 20:50:18
    Posha King
    +1
    This is a significantly slanted question that leaves little room for impartial voting. The Tea Party had nothing to do with Rush Limbaugh's insensitive, disgusting, shameful comment! He is a loud mouth I feel does more damage than good for true conservatives, libertarians and Tea Party members. He doesn't speak for us or represent us. We speak for and represent ourselves. This is more distraction and slight-of-hand tactics. DON'T BE FOOLED.
  • Patric Posha King 2012/06/08 10:23:37
    Patric
    very true,
    but what does truth matter to a liberal when they are in the full negitive mode ?
  • Posha King Patric 2012/06/08 16:46:09
    Posha King
    +1
    I've always felt it is critical to have both parties in our government. I know conservatives who would go too far right and infringe on the rights of others to get their way just like many feel liberals are already attempting to do. It's balance we seek. We want SOME social programs to help those who CAN'T help themselves and we want governmental non-interference that still provides SOME protection to workers, states and our economy. I just can't understand those who think their way is the ONLY way and no negotiation is reasonable. But never fear, balance is coming. How it arrives is still up to the citizenry, but currently, it's not looking pleasant.
  • splodge 2012/06/07 09:34:26
    splodge
    +3
    The Tea Party has definately hurt the GOP. In 20 years time their will be no change what so ever, they will still be calling the GOP names. It's a outradge to think they can get away with calling them names like "Slut".
  • Patric splodge 2012/06/08 10:24:11
    Patric
    +1
    hmm,, and just when did the " Tea Party " do this name calling ?
  • Posha King Patric 2012/06/08 17:02:29
    Posha King
    +1
    This has been my point all along. No one can show how this had ANYTHING to do with the Tea Party. Above, I challenged someone to link to a video or audio clip of a Rally organizer or key note speaker spouting hate and/or violence. It doesn't exist. We aren't looking for war, just better representation. More honesty and integrity in governing. That's all.
  • 81sp 2012/06/07 02:24:51
    81sp
    +2
    i am not sure any of the above sort of fits them. tea party people that i have come across
    are so nuts they would eat there young. they at times seem to devour there own any how.
    i think they are by and large not bad people, they are simply wrong on the issues and
    have a terrible grsp of history. they seem to think that many things in history that were
    judged to be a success they think were a failure.
  • mind-pilot 2012/06/06 18:48:38
    Tea Party Conservatives do not believe that they can call people names like “...
    mind-pilot
    +2
    I don't think they think they can get away with it. They really are just confused and more bigoted than they publicly admit. They think it's "cute" when they do the Witch Doctor thing, tounge in cheek type, but they aren't really sure how they are going to react to any legislation they like or dislike. They are confused. They can drink a lot of beer, though.
  • adamlad 2012/06/06 17:38:10
    adamlad
    Freedom of choice also means any one can choose the party of their choice including 3rd party points of view
  • Swampdog PWCM 2012/06/06 14:10:05
    Swampdog PWCM
    How quickly you forget Bill Maher calling Michelle Bachman a CU4T! Both Rush and Maher are entertainers and don't represent any particular group, come on Bob you can do better than this!
  • FeedFwd ~POTL 2012/06/06 13:29:03 (edited)
    FeedFwd ~POTL
    A double standard applies. Unlike liberals who could call conservative female politicians and activists a slut or worse and call Bush a chimp and get away with it, conservatives (tea party or not) always get harangued when they insult somebody. But who cares? When you apply for the Oval Office, you better have some thick skin. Haters are gonna be haters, after all.
  • bob FeedFwd... 2012/06/07 13:57:24
    bob
    A typical response from a religious conservative homophobia closet case
  • FeedFwd... bob 2012/06/07 14:40:23
    FeedFwd ~POTL
    Where's the love amigo?
  • All American 2012/06/06 12:22:16
    All American
    It was nothing more than faux-rage, that's all, politics in its basest form from the left. I don't recall hearing a peep out of the left on Letterman's insinuation that a major league baseball player was knocking up Palins underage daughter, or about Mahr's rants calling Palin and dumb c**t and stupid tw*t. Where was NOW on those two well publicized issues?
  • Sgt Major B 2012/06/06 12:07:33
    Sgt Major B
    Go back to watchin' Bill Maher, bob...
  • bob Sgt Maj... 2012/06/06 13:21:48
    bob
    comedy sure thing
  • Sgt Maj... bob 2012/06/06 13:41:28
    Sgt Major B
    And so's Rush... ;0)
  • bob Sgt Maj... 2012/06/07 13:57:53
    bob
  • Sgt Maj... bob 2012/06/07 15:50:18
    Sgt Major B
    bob, are you ever going to grow up and stop acting like a 5 year-old?

You can't discuss anything without name-calling, you're unwilling to debate any point, you simply toss out inflamatory questions and then offer nothing but a 'cut and paste, one size fits all response'.

On second thought, I take my first comment back; 5 year-olds are more mature.
  • Bill 2012/06/06 11:40:39
    Bill
    Are Progressive Liberals brainwashed into thinking they can shove their agenda down America's throat???????
  • bob Bill 2012/06/07 13:58:03
    bob

2014/07/22 19:50:30