ARE STAY AT HOME MOMS CLUELESS ABOUT FINANCES?

Drue-AFCL 2012/04/14 20:26:25
Related Topics: Mom, Finances, Moms, Home, Finance

• Seonag 2012/04/14 20:28:44
    ABSOLUTELY NOT
    Seonag
    +13
    Definitely not! They are usually the one who have to juggle the money to make sure the bills are all paid.

• marylou5 S* 2012/04/18 06:06:28 (edited)
    marylou5
    The amount of money that people have has never impressed or concerned me. I don't measure people's worth by the size of their bank account. Maybe because I have never had to struggle but have tried to do good things with what we have, that I resent people speculating that I am less than.... worth less.... because I did not struggle.

You comment so much about the "millions" that I felt you were envious of their wealth. Millions don't necessarily guarantee you health or happiness...it's how you use it that is important.
    I felt that they have used it for good and shouldn't that count for something? What you think is excessive is a way of life if you have earned a goodly mount of money.

Should you be criticized because you just inherited old money, or worked hard and are successful?
    I think people who are very critical of the wealthy are envious:-)
    Thus the "share the wealth mentality". If one earns it honestly, one should be able to spend it as they see fit. (For instance, is the car elevator for Ann R because she has MS and has difficulty with stairs and getting to the car? We don't know why people do what they do and should have no input!)
    Have a nice day!
  • S* marylou5 2012/04/18 06:13:33 (edited)
    S*
    I did not know she had MS, but what about those people who do not have 200 million and have no healthcare? That is my point. They can squander all the wealth in the world, but what about people who cannot afford elevators? We carry on two wars for ten years, and there are millions of people in our country with no healthcare, many have MS too, and you worry about how people perceive Mitt and his 200 million? I have a hard time feeling sorry for him or Ann when he is trying to take away Planned Parenthood, and other women's services and rights. That does not upset you? It does me. I hope he chokes on his millions, he is worse than a hypocrite.
  • marylou5 S* 2012/04/18 06:18:18
    marylou5
    I know...that was tongue in cheek which does not always translate:-)
  • S* marylou5 2012/04/18 06:05:59
    S*
    I am not the ogre you think I am, I just do not like people throwing out insults on the threads. Someone says they are smarter than I, I can live with, that is pure ego, and I admit I am not the smartest guy I ever met. But when someone suggests I am talking out of my a** regarding information, and suggest they are more informed or better read, I take note. But I do not enjoy making anyone feel bad. Most of the people here, you cannot hurt them with an eight pound sledge, and I apologized to Tru. Let us leave it there, because you are merely an emotional thinker too.
  • marylou5 S* 2012/04/18 06:18:55
    marylou5
    I never intend to offend..but that doesn't always work! I don't think you are an ogre and some of what I said was tongue in cheek..I stick a smiley face in occasionally to try to send that message!

In fact I rather enjoyed our dialogue. It isn't necessary that we all agree...how boring that would be...I'd run away screaming!

Ps..No fear, I am not the smartest twit on the block, nor the dumbest
    I hope!
    Have a nice day! Peace..truce!
  • S* marylou5 2012/04/18 06:24:37
    S*
    i just reposted
  • S* marylou5 2012/04/18 06:25:57
    S*
  • marylou5 S* 2012/04/18 18:22:16
    marylou5
    If you can't afford an elevator, wheelchair, ramp etc there are services in place that help those individuals who have real need!!

There are those who have NO Healthcare because they prefer the frills, the big car, the McMansion etc and there are millions of those, who live like millionaires with credit cards, not the money to back it!

EVERYONE who can't really AFFORD healthcare qualifies for free Medicaid and that include ILLEGAL ALIENS who flood emergency rooms for routine care!

So much for peace and truce!
    Planned Parenthood's main objective is abortion...that's where the money is. It originated as a way to reduce the black race. (Look it up.) You are mistaken! Getting my tax dollars out of that abortion mill
    whose goal is the killing of babies, paid for by my tax dollar does not upset, me but makes me cheer for the lives of those saved! Planned Parenthood pretends to prevent pregnancy, but simply removes the offending fetus.

This dialogue is going nowhere....and for you to hope someone chokes, no matter who it is, seriously offends me. Therefore, let us agree to disagree and end this counterproductive discussion...with or without the truce and peace.
  • S* marylou5 2012/04/18 23:05:11
    S*
    fair enough.
  • marylou5 S* 2012/04/19 03:08:27 (edited)
    marylou5
    Just want to keep you honest and up to date:-)

"During the White House forum on women the Obama administration held today, pro-abortion President Barack Obama misled during a speech he gave in which he falsely claimed the Planned Parenthood abortion business does mammograms."

“When a mammogram is indicated, a patient is often referred to a local program, such as the STATE'S BREAST AND CERVICAL CANCER PROGRAM."

PP income is derived from tax payer abortions...the other wonen's health issues are not addressed at PP, that's a fallacy you've been sold!
  • S* marylou5 2012/04/19 03:27:17
    S*
    give me the link that proves it, please.
  • marylou5 S* 2012/04/19 03:34:06
    marylou5
    No offense but I'm not your secretary!
    Please Google..Planned Parenthood Obama for various sites.
    Also the Komen Cancer group has an article about "no mammograms" at PP.
  • S* marylou5 2012/04/19 03:35:16 (edited)
  • marylou5 S* 2012/04/19 03:43:05
    marylou5
    +1
    I prefer to get my info from VARIOUS sites, as I find WIKi has a liberal slant and leans left. IMHO
    I prefer to do my own research than rely on only one source!
    My quotes were from various sites.
  • S* marylou5 2012/04/19 03:45:13
    S*
    Planned Parenthood Federation of America has never said it does mammograms. Planned Parenthood clinics do, however, serve as a gateway to mammograms when they are needed, just as your OB/GYN or internist would do. But first it also does what any good medical provider does: a family history, an exam, breast health education, clinical examination and the like, all the while offering other primary care, ranging from diabetes and blood pressure screening to Pap smears and contraceptive delivery. In short, Planned Parenthood clinics provide the same services to women as does a private OB/GYN, the difference being that for the low-income, uninsured or under-insured women Planned Parenthood is their OB/GYN and primary care provider.
  • marylou5 S* 2012/04/19 03:50:10
    marylou5
    You forgot abortions!!!
  • S* marylou5 2012/04/19 03:56:21 (edited)
    S*
    http://www.politicalwrinkles....

here are the things that are said during campaigns.

they get funding from many sources, how are you suggesting they get revenue from abortions?
  • Rick 2012/04/15 03:09:33
    ABSOLUTELY NOT
    Rick
    How could they?
  • srini 2012/04/15 03:03:15
    ABSOLUTELY NOT
    srini
    +5
    Stay-at-home mums know (or learn very fast) how to stretch dollars beyond imagination of others!

Primary example of this Lily "aunty" Daniel, who turned 77 last month. When raising her five children (two born in India, two in US and one in Germany), she had to stretch rupees even beyond what may ABJECTLY POOR stay-at-home mums did.
  • kaZappoo 2012/04/15 03:00:19
    ABSOLUTELY NOT
    kaZappoo
    +6
    my wife "bless her heart " has more of a grasp on economy & finances than these idiots @ the fed reserve .....govt & IMF ......combined .....

she knows she cannot spend what not in the bank ...

a simple concept that harvard graduates still dont get ......
  • BabyBear kaZappoo 2012/04/15 10:30:04
    BabyBear
    +2
    That's because your wife, as well as most mothers that handle the family finances are not "well educated idiots", she has common sense. Good for her.
  • kaZappoo BabyBear 2012/04/15 17:19:41
    kaZappoo
    +1
    this is very true ....
  • marylou5 kaZappoo 2012/04/18 02:46:15
    marylou5
    Bingo...it's called common sense!
  • kaZappoo marylou5 2012/04/18 02:55:38
    kaZappoo
    +2
    a commodity real women have ,,, too bad the idiots in wash dont have any ....
  • marylou5 kaZappoo 2012/04/18 03:07:13
    marylou5
    :-)
  • S. Gompers 2012/04/15 02:49:27
    ABSOLUTELY NOT
    S. Gompers
    +1
    Most Americans are clueless, that is why the country is in the shape it is in, from a deadbeat government, to financial/ corporate scandals, to personal default. Everyone trying to borrow their way to prosperity.
  • BabyBear 2012/04/15 02:33:01
    ABSOLUTELY NOT
    BabyBear
    +7
    Every stay-at-home mom I've ever met are the ones that handle the household finances.
  • marylou5 BabyBear 2012/04/18 02:49:03
    marylou5
    And do a magnificent job, including saving for their children's college education.
    Those kids are not with OWS screaming for a free college education! They know responsibility...it was taught at home!
  • freebirdie 2012/04/15 02:18:51
    ABSOLUTELY NOT
    freebirdie
    +5
    There are rich women who stay at home and poor women who stay at home. Both choose to for various reasons. It's a personal decision.
    I know rich women who stay home for the same reason as the poor women. They want to raise their own children with their OWN values.
    It is automatically assumed by some elitists that the rich woman has others care for her children. Not true. She may need a nanny for times when she wants to be by her husband's side for business entertainment and such, (and hey--that gives someone a job!!!), but she also sacrifices for it all. She could have a job that pays much and boosts her ego like so many others. BUT, she seizes the opportunity to have her children raised by her and not others (who may compete with mom).
    I also know poor women who make sacrifices for a short time, and do without many luxuries they could have if they chose to work, because they want to raise their own children, instill their own values and not a daycare worker's who can't love them like she can. She wants to be there before and after school for them. She may want the latest technology or gadget but she knows what's important to her.. She wants to raise her own children.
    I also know women who want to work and don't have to, and put their children in daycare. Again, it's giving...
    I also know women who want to work and don't have to, and put their children in daycare. Again, it's giving someone a job! I don't understand not raising your own children if you can, but I will not say they can't. I think when you have children, you check your selfishness at the door. You have a problem if you think motherhood is 'less-than' or work is your identity.
    I also know women who must work as they are single parents. I applaud them for their stamina! We should walk along side them with support. They don't want it this way (usually). I don't think anyone goes into marriage hoping for divorce or widowhood. Let's help and give her some rest. She wants to raise her kids but she is soooo tired. She hurts, and she lashes out in her hurt. There is a certain amount of neglect..not because she wants it, but because she is worn out. Let's take the govt's place and help her!!! Invite her kids to the park or zoo when you take yours, buy her and her kids some goodies she normally wouldn't be able to afford, or some extra quick meals she can just pop in the microwave after a long day of work. Babysit for a few hours to help her 'reset' her buttons! (time alone or out with friends) Those little things really help her and the children!
  • BonnieD... freebirdie 2012/04/15 06:27:33
    BonnieDeutsch
    +2
    What a great read. Thank you for such a fine answer.
  • BabyBear freebirdie 2012/04/15 10:36:09
    BabyBear
    +4
    Don't forget the other group of single moms. Those, like me, that messed up, had the guy take off and dont see abortion as a solution. Because of my lil angel I've learned to stretch a dollar to astonishing lengths.
  • freebirdie BabyBear 2012/04/15 13:20:19
    freebirdie
    +1
    ((HUG!)) You would be a good example to others!
  • BabyBear freebirdie 2012/04/16 00:09:23
    BabyBear
    +2
    Thank you. I just try to be a good example for my daughter.
  • marylou5 BabyBear 2012/04/18 02:51:14
    marylou5
    And that's as it should be!
  • marylou5 BabyBear 2012/04/18 02:50:46
    marylou5
    Congratulations..you know what it means to step up!
  • Mamaknows 2012/04/15 02:05:21
    ABSOLUTELY NOT
    Mamaknows
    +5
    ARE YOU KIDDING? Please!!!
    LOLOLOLOLOL
    We are the ones that buy the food, pay the bills, and take the kids to the dr...and car to the shop.
    We have to be EXTRA careful most the time because our home is a one income family. We cook, clean, teach the kids(or homework), balance the check book, fix things around the house....basicaly work 24/7 with no sick days or holiday time.....so to think just because a parent (mom or dad) is clueless with money is a joke:)
  • Mrs. V 2012/04/15 01:34:05
    ABSOLUTELY NOT
    Mrs. V
    +7
    I am a stay at home mom. I do all the finances.
    ABSOLUTELY NOT
    +6
    Poor Hillary Rosen is clueless.
  • banzaib... Ken 2012/04/15 16:15:44
    banzaibuckaroo
    I don't totally agree with Hillary Rosen, but 99% of women have to plan and budget for the family foods and supplies.

The other 1% don't have to worry about finance, and just shop.. Just saying it like it is
  • Dogzebra~PWCM~JLA 2012/04/15 01:17:42
    ABSOLUTELY NOT
    Dogzebra~PWCM~JLA
    +5
    Oh, I'm sure there are men who try to keep there wives in the dark, but mine paid all of the bills and bought all of the clothes and groceries with our one and only check book. Hell, if I wrote a check, the banks would probably come after me since she's the one who also endorsed my paychecks for the last thirty-two years.

2014/09/18 05:53:21