ARE STAY AT HOME MOMS CLUELESS ABOUT FINANCES?

Drue-AFCL 2012/04/14 20:26:25
Related Topics: Mom, Finances, Moms, Home, Finance

• Seonag 2012/04/14 20:28:44
    ABSOLUTELY NOT
    Seonag
    +13
    Definitely not! They are usually the one who have to juggle the money to make sure the bills are all paid.

• marylou5 2012/04/18 02:11:40 (edited)
    ABSOLUTELY NOT
    marylou5
    No one knows how to balance a budget and stretch a penny better than a stay at home Mom! Trust me, they KNOW how to balance a budget! Stay at home Moms know that they made a choice to stay home and raise their own children...and that takes great sacrifice and astute budgeting, and it's worth it!

That means picnics and swimming at the local pool instead of vacations in the Bahamas!
    Trips to the museums are on "free" days and eating before you go! By pass the fast food places and eat healthier and cheaper! Manicures, pedicures and hairdressers are do it yourself! The gym membership becomes a run in the park or football with the kids!
    The only movies are those you rent, and you pop your own microwave popcorn, which doesn't cost $6 a bag!

That means parents are totally involved in their children's lives and giving them a well rounded lifestyle. You learn how to do it yourself. You go to the library instead of the bookstore, the local park instead of the Amusement park, use mass transport instead of two cars, and you concentrate on needs instead of wants!

All mothers make choices..and that's the way it should be! There are sacrifices on both sides. You make the choices that are important to you and your family.
    If you make the right ones for you..it's all good and won't be laced with ...

If you make the right ones for you..it's all good and won't be laced with guilt and regrets!

Sooo... Rosen, Obama and Democrats..butt out! We don't need your stupid war talk!

We, women, can handle it without your phony input to garner votes!
  • nverumind 2012/04/16 16:22:26
    ABSOLUTELY NOT
    nverumind
    +1
    I handle my own taxes thank you very much and my husband gets the money in the right accounts and I handle my bills , He handles his own.. and We manage our own Budget and Checkbooks every month..we check up on what was spent on what and where ,working together on what to change and organize with budgets for spending and saving each month, so that we can put as much as possible away for our future and our kids.
  • ChickenZombie~FIRE™ 2012/04/15 18:07:05
    ABSOLUTELY NOT
    ChickenZombie~FIRE™
    +1
    They're are the ones who make most the decisions, anyhow.
  • marylou5 Chicken... 2012/04/18 02:20:24
    marylou5
    +1
    How true!
  • Angi 2012/04/15 17:48:40
    ABSOLUTELY NOT
    Angi
    +1
    Mums tend to be resourceful and they definitely know about where the money goes.
  • D D 2012/04/15 15:06:47
    ABSOLUTELY NOT
    D D
    My mom was a stay at home mom and she always has been in charge of the finances. I am not a stay at home mom anymore and I also am in charge of the finances. My grandma left finances to grandpa.
  • Tennyson James 2012/04/15 13:37:10
    ABSOLUTELY NOT
    Tennyson James
    +1
    But millionaire wives are pretty clueless about the economic concerns of the average working American
  • marylou5 Tennyso... 2012/04/18 02:25:30
    marylou5
    Millionaire wives are well educated and well read and know how to manage money or they would soon be welfare mothers!
    It takes talent to manage money!

That's why Obama is such an incompetent....he never managed money...just spent other people's and was supported by communists:-)
  • Tennyso... marylou5 2012/04/18 17:29:24
    Tennyson James
    LOL - I've known several millionaire wives who were beautiful, but dumb as dirt. I'm not saying that Ann Romeny is - at least she sure doesn't appear to be - but trust me, not all millionaire wives are well educated or well read.
  • marylou5 Tennyso... 2012/04/18 17:52:57
    marylou5
    Trophy wives but they signed a prenuptial...... LOL
  • Franklin 2012/04/15 13:28:20
  • merlin 2012/04/15 13:23:09
    ABSOLUTELY NOT
    merlin
    +1
    Keep up the good work lady's;-]]] your commitment is a challenging one;-]]]
  • marylou5 merlin 2012/04/18 02:26:44
    marylou5
    +1
    Thank you... oh wise one:-)
  • apachehellfire65 2012/04/15 12:18:29
    ABSOLUTELY NOT
    apachehellfire65
    +3
    But it would appear that liberals are clueless about stay at home moms!
  • marylou5 apacheh... 2012/04/18 02:27:21
    marylou5
    +1
    "Ain't" that the truth??
  • ed 2012/04/15 12:01:57
    ABSOLUTELY NOT
    ed
    +1
    Those idiots that are making any comment bad mouthing stay at home moms are the ones that are clueless.Who do they think pays the bills and makes sure the house is run in a proper way not to mention the cleaning and taking kids to school or the doctor and food is on the table .
  • Brightsprite62 2012/04/15 12:00:44
    ABSOLUTELY NOT
    Brightsprite62
    +2
    please. Working in a budget. Getting the bills paid without having to rob Peter to Pay Paul. I don't have kids of my own, but I've helped my sister for years and I can tell you finances are something you learn to handle quickly.
  • www.sodahead.com/smithy 2012/04/15 10:31:23
    ABSOLUTELY NOT
    www.sodahead.com/smithy
    but im not that good!
  • Richard Hungwell AKA Relent... 2012/04/15 09:58:52
    ABSOLUTELY NOT
    Richard Hungwell AKA Relentless
    +2
    my wife was a stay at home mom for the past 2 years up until a couple months ago when she picked up a job working about 9 hrs a week, she has also handled all of our finances for years, and she does an excellent job at it.
    ABSOLUTELY NOT
    +2
    Quite frankly ..
    More than often .. they are well aware of Budget .. and the stresses of meeting the bills ..
    They HAVE to be pretty good at being good stewards of the family income ..
    with the children to raise .. of COURSE!
  • Pm 2012/04/15 07:26:54
    ABSOLUTELY NOT
    Pm
    +2
    What a ignorant lib question.

Most of the time the stay at home mothers make the payments.
  • Sophie 2012/04/15 07:16:10
    ABSOLUTELY NOT
    Sophie
    +1
    Simply put, NOOOOOOOO
  • Biki~pwcm/potl~ 2012/04/15 07:02:06
    ABSOLUTELY NOT
    Biki~pwcm/potl~
    +3
    Those liberal dumb asses really stepped in the sh!t this week didn't they??
  • BonnieDeutsch 2012/04/15 06:12:38
    ABSOLUTELY NOT
    BonnieDeutsch
    +3
    Hilary Rosen has no right saying that Ann has nannies, cooks, etc. Who is raising her children while she is pointing fingers at stay at home women on CNN. Fire Hilary and let her see how smart the other women in her childrens' "play group" are and how really hard she is going to have to work to raise wonderful children.
  • banzaibuckaroo 2012/04/15 05:40:58 (edited)
    ABSOLUTELY NOT
    banzaibuckaroo
    +3
    99% of women have to plan and budget for the family foods and supplies.

The other 1% don't have to worry about finance, and just shop.. Just saying it like it is, and you know who apart of the one percent?
  • Flamingolady 2012/04/15 04:20:20
    ABSOLUTELY NOT
    Flamingolady
    +5
    Stay at homes are not clueless about anything. seriously
  • S* 2012/04/15 04:17:07
    YES
    S*
    +3
    Mitt Romney's wife is. He is fabulously wealthy, what is the issue?
  • AL S* 2012/04/15 06:23:57
    AL
    +1
    If you don't know the issue how can you give any honest answer then?
  • S* AL 2012/04/15 15:41:27
    S*
    You crack me up. It is a non issue, I guess I have to spell it out for the slow ones. It is manufactured to create a disturbance for those looking for one. Brings out all the brainiacs. LOL.
  • AL S* 2012/04/17 07:50:34
    AL
    +1
    LOL! And Yet the Only one that Made it an issue in the first place, Was Hilary I never met a MAN I didn't Hate Rosen herself
  • S* AL 2012/04/17 13:58:46
    S*
    If Rosen had called her a slut and prostitute, would Mitt Romney have taken offense? He did not mind when another woman was. I would have used other words, he said. Now he is outraged? What a crock.
  • AL S* 2012/04/20 06:33:10 (edited)
    AL
    Who ever said that heartless bitch Rosen called Ann Romney a slut or a Prostitute to start with! Yet thanks for the straw man argument here anyway! And Who said Romney didn't mind another woman being called names either?He just stated he would have USED OTHER WORDS instead is all! Yet now you think your also able to read Mitt Romneys mind as well?
  • S* AL 2012/04/20 16:05:27 (edited)
    S*
    LOL. My comment was not a straw man argument. The only straw man argument in the bunch is the contrived "attack" upon Ann. The Conservatives have to do something to take the pressure of themselves from their War on Women. Rosen merely said Ann did not have experience in the workplace, and how can you suggest she does? So this is a truthful statement. This was not a personal attack, it was an observation, Ann, I am sure is a good woman and a good mother, but that does not qualify her for a business degree. So spare me your attack on that "heartless bitch" for speaking the truth and she is the better person than you, you make it personal and she did not. As far as Mitt goes, his actions speak for Mitt.
  • AL S* 2012/04/21 06:12:38 (edited)
    AL
    LOL! If anyway has to change the subject and use these false issues- It had to be I have NO real record to run on Obama instead!
  • S* AL 2012/04/21 14:14:58
    S*
    In this one area, you are correct, keep it focused upon the candidates, not their wives, just like President Obama has said.
  • AL S* 2012/05/06 02:06:26
    AL
    LOL! Like Obama never knew Rosen in the first place! Yet she only visited the White House 35 times anyway! Do you find that as funny as I do?
  • S* AL 2012/05/06 02:10:32
    S*
    I am not sure, how many people do you think he meets in a day? I will often say, I do not know a person, but I have met them. I do not think shaking a hand constitutes knowing someone. But had not really thought about it, frankly. I am sure she is on the team, just doesnt get into the locker room apparently. Her chances just dwindled drastically.
  • AL S* 2012/04/21 06:17:48
    AL
    Because in fact Rosen is a heartless bitch that DID attacked a woman that had to deal with cancer and M.S as well! And yet she did it knowing all along-theres NO way in hell that bitch Rosen would ever trade places with her anyway!
  • S* AL 2012/05/06 02:14:43
    S*
    I feel badly for Ann, but I do believe she was talking about Ann's employment and business experience. Not about her health.
  • BonnieD... S* 2012/04/15 06:25:07
    BonnieDeutsch
    +5
    Here's the issue. Who do you think is raising Hilary Rosen's children ? She has nannies, cooks, etc also. By the way, Hilary is not a struggling working woman, she is on the staff of CNN (who, by the way are trying to quiet her mistake by interviewing only women who are supporting Hilary's position)as well as, up until this fire storm, a consultant to the white House (this job seems to be in jeopardy now ). She is not like the the women who need to work to support their families.

2014/10/02 10:49:01