Are Republicans trashing the economy?

SortingFictionfromTruth 2012/06/09 15:52:00
No way I trust Republican politicians
Dam right they have been
Is it possible that because of the absolute resistance of the House to
sign almost any bill written by the Dems that the Republican party has
been the reason this economy simply will not continue in an upward
transition? Remember what Mitch McConnel said.

For Democrats, perhaps the most obvious piece of evidence of GOP
premeditated malice is the 2010 quote from Senate minority leader, Mitch
McConnell:

"The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president."

For a voted in Representative to dismiss every single citizen concern,
by focusing on a single issue, is to abandon his focus on America. And I
would ask you that if you knew this to be the case when you voted for
him, would you have? Now before answering this let me ask you another
question; If you had heard this from a Democrat Senate minority leader,
when Bush was in office, how would this have affected your vote?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/jun/09/did-repub...

• Vennie 2012/06/09 17:02:19
    Dam right they have been
    Vennie
    +4
    Need a choice for "other". I don't know for sure about "trashing the economy", but I'm certain that some bills have been blocked because of partisan politics rather than what would really be best for the country.

• rand 2012/06/10 15:43:07
    No way I trust Republican politicians
    rand
    What they are doing is the result of their ideologies, not of a purposeful desire to trash our economy. They think they're saving us from an exploding debt.
  • Sorting... rand 2012/06/10 19:40:35
    SortingFictionfromTruth
    +1
    Thank you, I understand that. And to a degree I agree, however when one does the full disclosure assessment on such a thesis, one must come to the deduction that society will always have a responsibility for its citizens disabilities (if you will allow me) even if it pisses them off that lazy bastards won't get off their duff and go to work. On the other hand one must also come to the conclusion that for a majority of the out of work citizens would welcome a job, and here I am not referring to the lazy welfare zombies, of which there are plenty. WAIT, a Liberal talking like this? Yes we are all aware of what exists, it's just that we are often approached with way far right notions that we are all damned to extinction unless we change parties.

So in the end both sides, you conservatives and we liberals must agree to compromise, yet it seems that Mitch McConnell and the House en masse have locked-step themselves all the way to November without thinking of even their own Republican middle class voters, who are also out of work in equal numbers like us liberals.

Thanks for being reasonable and not using right wing talking points, you my friend have a brain which thinks outside the FAUX-box.
  • rand Sorting... 2012/06/11 02:44:15 (edited)
    rand
    As a Goldwater Republican from the era when the GOP was "the party of reason", I'm not sure I qualify as a "conservative" any more. As another old Republican Alan Simpson said, "I'm now being called a RINO". I think that means "Reason Instead of Nutty Opinions". I agree with you...and O'Reilly...that we must have a safety net. I also understand that all so often the Liberal do-gooder way can be "the road to hell paved with good intentions". Even the Dalai Lama has warned us to beware of "pity".

Most people don't know that Carl Popper, the philosophic father of modern conservatism, believed strongly in piecemeal social engineering. Ideas need to be tested before being implemented whole hog.
  • Sorting... rand 2012/06/12 01:15:34
    SortingFictionfromTruth
    +1
    While I'm not clear on the RINO acronym from the Republican standpoint, I like that it gives reason a priority. Carl Popper I'll look up, testing ideas or partial ideas I agree with. Take care
  • rand Sorting... 2012/06/12 01:19:19
    rand
    "Republican In Name Only"; my interpretation was purely my slant.
    Dam right they have been
    +2
    They have stopped almost every single jobs bill in Congress.
  • Lady Wh... sjalan 2012/06/12 09:29:10
    YUP!
  • Keeping It Real 2012/06/10 02:51:38
    Dam right they have been
    Keeping It Real
    +3
    The Republiconteabaggers care about nothing but trying to defeat the president at all cost even if they bite their own nose to spite their faces!
  • Lady Wh... Keeping... 2012/06/12 09:29:34
    +2
    i hope it bites 'em in the ass come November!
  • YouSirName 2012/06/09 22:35:33
    Dam right they have been
    YouSirName
    +3
    Republicans know that by sticking to the "cut taxes" mantra they can justify not doing anything about the economy. Their plan is to reintroduce many of the bills that they now oppose after the election if Romney wins - bills that they previously supported. Then when the economy improves under the same policies that the administration currently advocates, they can say "see - you just needed to get rid of the President." Cynical, but what else is new for RW politicians.
  • A Founding Father 2012/06/09 20:12:26
    Dam right they have been
    A Founding Father
    +1
    Simple, Dr. Watson, very basic math. It works this way. The Republican Party is owned and controlled by the Reagan Banks, Wall Street brokerages, corporations and those very wealthy who control all of these. These "interests" have access to all the investment funds in America, including your 401k, retirement accounts, annuities, and such. They can "borrow" these funds and invest them in other economies, such as China, Brazil, Vietnam, Germany, India and Russia, where they can earn an average of 9-25% on the investements. These "interests" will pay you between 1 and 3%, making the difference their own profits, left overseas it is not taxable in the U.S.. So, buying up a domestic business, closing it's domestic operations and moving it to another country enables the hedge funds and these "interests" to become the new "Aristocrats", the "Top 2% Club" that we have enabled since these programs of "Reaganomics" began thirty years ago.

In the manner describe above, the Republican Party does enable the trashing of the U.S. economy, in a sorta "round about" way. Certainly the process has been successful and
    we face the problems it has created, and a choice of whether or not to bring it all back in
    an even stronger manner by electing one of the game players in November. Or, o...

an even stronger manner by electing one of the game players in November. Or, of course,
    we can just deny that the past thrity years of pillage and plunder never happened and again entrust our Government and our future to these same failed programs. Life is filled with choices.
  • RogerCoppock 2012/06/09 19:37:20
    Dam right they have been
    RogerCoppock
    +3
    The Republican plan is simple and obvious. Trash the economy, tie the government up in knots, then Obama will look bad.
  • Lady Wh... RogerCo... 2012/06/12 09:30:16
  • Wild Dog 2012/06/09 19:10:52
    No way I trust Republican politicians
    Wild Dog
    +2
    This is why I'm an independent .Both sides aren't the greatest ,but when from day one ,I hear all the neo cons, and other republicans bashing, and saying they'll make him fail ,I'm sick of them at this point, because in saying that ,they wanted the country to fail, because of party politics.
  • tommyg - POTL- PWCM-JLA 2012/06/09 18:47:53
    No way I trust Republican politicians
    tommyg - POTL- PWCM-JLA
    +1
    Plenty of bills have passed the House.

The Senate is the stopper. Who runs that?
  • Sorting... tommyg ... 2012/06/10 01:00:04
    SortingFictionfromTruth
    Name the bills you are proud of the House passing. Your answer is way insufficient.
  • tommyg ... Sorting... 2012/06/10 03:43:45
    tommyg - POTL- PWCM-JLA
    +1
    That wasn't the point of the post. Bills have been passed out of the House, whether I'm proud of them or not, and they sit in Harry Reid's trash can.

Talk about obstruction.
  • Sorting... tommyg ... 2012/06/10 19:42:48
    SortingFictionfromTruth
    You rerfuse to list even a few bills you think then are good for this nation as a whole?
  • tommyg ... Sorting... 2012/06/10 22:09:32
    tommyg - POTL- PWCM-JLA
    Any of the jobs bills.

What makes you think ANY bill helps the WHOLE nation?
  • Sorting... tommyg ... 2012/06/12 01:16:24
    SortingFictionfromTruth
    +1
    List them or go away.
  • tommyg ... Sorting... 2012/06/12 01:22:53
    tommyg - POTL- PWCM-JLA
    lol You go away. You're the one that felt the need to comment on my comment.
  • voice_matters 2012/06/09 18:21:51
    No way I trust Republican politicians
    voice_matters
    seeing according to this nlib obama and the libs are doing nothing it must mean that the republicans are doing something to help america.
  • Sorting... voice_m... 2012/06/10 01:00:38
    SortingFictionfromTruth
    Clarify your point, it is thus far meaningless.
  • voice_m... Sorting... 2012/06/11 00:47:07
    voice_matters
    libby you showed that obama is doing nothing to help the economy which means libby the republicans are the ones trying to help the economy
  • Sorting... voice_m... 2012/06/12 01:17:51
    SortingFictionfromTruth
    Your dublspeak is ridiculous. Make a valid point backed up with proof or leave this post.
  • voice_m... Sorting... 2012/06/12 01:44:35
    voice_matters
    libby you asked me to clarify the comments i made. i re-posted them seeing it is very clear what i said the first time. guess you are just a lib troll that is not interested in having a discussion
  • Vennie 2012/06/09 17:02:19
    Dam right they have been
    Vennie
    +4
  • Waldorf Vennie 2012/06/09 17:52:23
    Waldorf
    Don't you just hate polls like this?
  • Sorting... Vennie 2012/06/10 19:44:10
    SortingFictionfromTruth
    Sorry I just tried, but too late, to add your Other category. My mistake.
  • David Lindner 2012/06/09 16:19:33
    No way I trust Republican politicians
    David Lindner
    +3
    has obama been trashing the economy? didnt clinton create the housing bubble?
  • Sorting... David L... 2012/06/10 01:01:11
    SortingFictionfromTruth
    Shut the hell up or answer the question
  • David L... Sorting... 2012/06/10 02:27:45
    David Lindner
    +1
    I answered the question. the truth must hurt :)
  • Sorting... David L... 2012/06/10 03:39:28
    SortingFictionfromTruth
    You didn't answer, you asked and you too are fired.
  • David L... Sorting... 2012/06/10 03:43:03
    David Lindner
    +1
    I answered it, and you didnt like my answer.
  • Tigger Too 2012/06/09 16:17:20
    Dam right they have been
    Tigger Too
    +4
    Although there are many factors that have slowed down the growth of the economy, much of the blame falls on the Republicans in Congress. I mean, Senator Mitch McConnell even came out and said that the GOP's one and only job is to make Barack Obama a one-term president. It doesn't get much clearer than that. A special shout-out for the failure of our legislators to do anything to help with jobs and economic growth goes to the Tea Party members of Congress. Bottom line, the Republican Party is bound and determined to take down President Obama, even at the expense of the American citizens' welfare. Well, that is, except if you're rich, and then the GOP will bend over backward to help out. I hope that average Americans will remember this when they vote in November.
  • Lady Wh... Tigger Too 2012/06/09 19:08:53
    +3
    "Mitch McConnell even came out and said that the GOP's one and only job is to make Barack Obama a one-term president..."

Too bad people don't remember that....
  • Tigger Too Lady Wh... 2012/06/12 00:53:09
    Tigger Too
    +2
    Republicans who are trying to keep President Obama from serving for a second term are the cause of the "do-nothing" Congress. They are definitely the party of "NO," and their obstructionist policies since Obama took office are only hurting average Americans. For the life of me, I don't understand why America's middle class, elderly, working poor and military veterans don't see this and vote against the GOP. (BTW, in the 2008 election, I actually voted for Mitch McConnell, and not for the first time either. Jeez, do I ever regret that!)
  • Lady Wh... Tigger Too 2012/06/12 09:28:35
    +2
    Hopefully people will WAKE UP before November!
  • Reichstolz 2012/06/09 15:59:41
    No way I trust Republican politicians
    Reichstolz
    +3
    Considering until 2011 republicans had no ability to stop anything the democrats were doing, you look ignorant with this question.

2014/11/28 22:37:01