Are Republican attempts to levy contempt charges against Eric Holder comparable to a modern day lynching?

mach 2012/06/23 16:24:50
Lynchings are different and more civilized now
He's trying to upset the economic and political dominance of whites in America, hang em high!
Lynch Holder? Don't be ridiculous... we want Obama!
Other

• MichaelJ 2012/06/23 16:30:26
    Other
    MichaelJ
    +9
    The only public lynching I'm aware of currently is happening to the Zimmerman guy in Florida.

• KrSpo 2012/06/25 14:58:00
    KrSpo
    Yes, today they call lynchings, 'social gatherings'; for the lynchee, it is a mandatory event.
  • Næthan Æterna 2012/06/24 20:28:53
    Other
    Næthan Æterna
    Simply put: No.
  • CAPISCE 2012/06/24 16:48:16
    Other
    CAPISCE
    kill faf
    FYI: I'm not Republican, just want the transparent Government Obama promised.
  • mach CAPISCE 2012/06/24 17:29:15
    mach
    +1
    Powerful!!!...but many questions remain a mystery.
  • KrSpo CAPISCE 2012/06/25 14:58:51
    KrSpo
    +1
    Wow 300 versus 5000+ and THEY are the mass murderers? man are your goggles fogged.
  • CAPISCE KrSpo 2012/06/25 15:01:14
    CAPISCE
    Bottom line Holder and Obama have American blood on there hands
  • KrSpo CAPISCE 2012/06/25 15:07:00
    KrSpo
    +1
    As do most of the Republican Party from the invasion of Iraq.
  • CAPISCE KrSpo 2012/06/25 20:49:56
    CAPISCE
    Stay on the topic
  • KrSpo CAPISCE 2012/06/26 17:42:11
    KrSpo
    Bringing fact, or enlightening a bias conversation, is on topic. Without a level framework, things become lopsided, and thus feed the ignorant Give the full story.
  • CAPISCE KrSpo 2012/06/26 19:58:10
    CAPISCE
    "Give the full story", why don't you give Obama that advice?
  • KrSpo CAPISCE 2012/06/27 13:57:48
    KrSpo
    there is no talking to the likes of the ignorant. I am going to find a more intelligent conversation. Good Day, moron.
  • CAPISCE KrSpo 2012/06/27 14:39:58
    CAPISCE
    Obama is covering up his deep involvement in F and F by using Executive privilege. How anyone nowhere supports this chump is amazing. fff
  • mach CAPISCE 2012/06/27 14:54:02
    mach
    Executive privelege means we'll never know. which is the equivalent of no involvement. In the meantime. gunrunning programs designed to track weapons will stop. and the conventional gun smuggling to Mexico will still remain at even higher levels. That makes YOU responsible for continuing deaths of border control agents and Mexican civilians. ....Thanks!
  • CAPISCE mach 2012/06/27 14:56:16
    CAPISCE
    Brian Terry's parents disagree. Obama/Holder have there sons blood on there hands
  • mach CAPISCE 2012/06/27 15:08:48
    mach
    That's yet to be determined. but now that the ability to carry out tracking programs is no longer a consideration, an important tool of law enforcement has been compromised. The result will be more guns for cartels through conventional means, more civilian deaths, and more agents losing their lives. All for a slimy political "stunt" aimed at getting even with Holder because he's fighting voter repression policies. That's the irony here. those crying about a simple human error will themselves end up responsible for more bloodshed.
  • CAPISCE mach 2012/06/27 19:50:11
    CAPISCE
    We disagree---so be it
  • ruthannhausman 2012/06/24 06:02:19
    Other
    ruthannhausman
    +2
    No, there are legitimate legal bases for the charges lodged against Holder. Lynching is based on emotional trickery, basically, stemming from fueling the fires of hatred. No comparison. The man is either guilty or he's innocent.
  • mach ruthann... 2012/06/24 06:18:59
    mach
    Fueling the fires of hatred exists here, and you'd be blind not to see it. Thank you for at least leaving the verdict open, unlike the majority of the mob..... the "emotionally tricked".
  • ruthann... mach 2012/06/24 12:41:22
    ruthannhausman
    +1
    But the difference is that I sincerely doubt Holder need have any fear of being lynched, regardless of the facts and circumstances of this case.

And I try to never allow emotion or input of false information, whatever, lead me to prematurely judge anybody, be they criminal or political "defendants." To me, there is nothing more egregious than to wrongly convict a person of a crime, period. I am a huge sucker for erring on the side of caution in this regard. Been burned a couple of times but I still give people multiple benefits of the doubt before I "condemn" them.

But I have a huge bone to pick with Holder in that his actions in a number of cases do not seem right to me. But I am not a legal scholar and so I have given him some leeway and benefits of the doubt. I am very upset, however, in the lack of prosecution for violation of voting laws that we, the American people, witnessed personally in those videotapes of the New Black Panthers intimidating voters at that polling place. I for one would like to hear an explanation from Mr. Holder as to what possible legal grounds he had for NOT bringing action against those men. They were obviously "dressed to kill" and if that wasn't sufficient, they had no business standing where they stood for any length of time, let alone the length of time they parked themselves there for the obvious reasons. Sorry, but I'm not happy about that case at all.
  • mach ruthann... 2012/06/24 14:33:12
    mach
    That Black Panther "stunt" to me was more of a demonstration than anything. I'm certain there would have been action if it had moved to multiple sites and/or other states. Anyway, it was being staged in an area with overwhelming support for democrat votes, with no effect on the outcome.
  • ruthann... mach 2012/06/24 22:13:37
    ruthannhausman
    I went away with the same feeling; however, the imprint remains and the principles of law and order and law enforcement should have been exercised. It left a very bad example to not do anything about it. It may have indeed been a mere "stunt" but it projected one helluva frightening picture, and one which has no business taking place in America. To totally ignore the incident is a bad call, period.
    Other
    Absurd, really absurd. In fact let me go one step further, your question is stunningly stupid
  • mach Jackie ... 2012/06/24 04:20:27
    mach
    As long as there are those who continue to admit they simply don't like having a black president, I'll keep on beating the race card Jackie. Consider me your worst nightmare, LOL!
  • Jackie ... mach 2012/06/24 14:25:40
    No nightmare for me - He is incompetent and incompetency crosses all races and genders. It took me a while to realize that those that want this to be about race are using it as a cop out. If I do a lousy job and say people are picking on me because I am a woman, then I am blaming something I cannot (realistically ) change hence nothing is my responsibility or fault. It is a cop out for poor performance.
  • mach Jackie ... 2012/06/24 15:33:27
    mach
    What is a cop out is deliberately blinding yourself to the fact that racism plays a role. I'm a white anglo saxon protestant, and I hear what my kind say, and so do you. I was once a card carrying republican, and worked to get Reagan elected until I woke up to their selfish exclusive lack of concern for minorities and womens rights. I done the right thing.
  • Jackie ... mach 2012/06/24 20:07:01
    Well, I was a democrat and (am now an independent) saw first hand the racism, hate and lack of any respect for anyone not a hollow wood personality or very very wealth within that party at the highest levels. I watched them hand pick, and this is a direct quote, "She will be fine, not too bright and follows what ever directions we give; besides, is she gets out of line is easy to replace." In Texas about a Rep. still in office today bought and paid for by the DNC and is one of the dumbest members of House. I realized that I could not be part of any group who prided it self in picking stupid people who were easy to control in the name of racial equality.
    The difference I see between the parties: Republicans think that voters are smart and the Democrats think they are dumb as door knobs. They are both wrong to a certain extent. I know I did the right thing leaving the democrat party; hypocrisy, hate, and racism is just not for me.

Hey, have a great afternoon
  • CAPISCE mach 2012/06/24 17:55:14
  • mach CAPISCE 2012/06/24 18:00:54
    mach
    +1
    What can I say? ....It works!
  • CAPISCE mach 2012/06/24 18:04:51
    CAPISCE
    lol-----honestly, what a novel concept
  • relic 2012/06/24 00:50:03
    relic
    Hadn't considered it, but thanks for planting the seed.
  • RobHom 2012/06/23 23:03:37
    Other
    RobHom
    Holder has refused a number of subpoenas from Congress to provide documentation on the fast and furious scandal. He has lied to Congress as well. Now Obama has asserted executive privilege to protect Holder and the DOJ against their own stupidity.

I don't think this is an issue of "just politics"....because there are a lot of people on both sides of the aisle who want answers.
  • mich52 2012/06/23 22:33:09
  • relic mich52 2012/06/24 00:51:50
    relic
    Carter, don't forget Carter.
  • Stryder 2012/06/23 22:12:50
    Other
    Stryder
    +4
    Mach, why don't you ask this question to Brian Terry's family?
  • mach Stryder 2012/06/24 04:24:08
    mach
    Why don't you ask the families of police officers killed in the line of duty how they feel about legal and illegal American made guns.
  • Stryder mach 2012/06/24 04:31:08
    Stryder
    Who the hell do you think Brian Terry is?
  • mach Stryder 2012/06/24 04:52:15
    mach
    You seem to be concentrating on Terry, and I view the whole picture. Don't be so freaking narrow minded!
  • Stryder mach 2012/06/24 12:38:18
    Stryder
    +1
    It's your thread YOU started about Eric Holder and Fast & Furious and your lame attempt to bring the race card into play. I'm not narrow minded. I'm on topic. Learn the difference.
  • Charles E 2012/06/23 21:46:21
    Other
    Charles E
    +3
    Nice racist slant on the offered answers. At least he had the decency to offer "Other" which is winning in a landslide.

If he would provide the government documents congress is requesting there would be no need for contempt charges.
  • mach Charles E 2012/06/24 04:25:08
    mach
    +1
    I'm getting the results I expected Charles.

2014/12/23 00:54:08