Are people dehumanizing Muslims and other ethnic groups?

Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET 2012/04/04 16:08:11
Yes, explain
No, explain
Other
Many of you failed miserably and proved group think is still prevalent and dangerous. Many on here have not learned to judge each individual. instead of group.

Links to outspoken Muslims and those who had our support at the bottom.

muslims

I find many on this site and in general to be hypocrites. We say we are for the individual, yet why do we group cast? If it is really about the individual person, why do every person in a group have to defend themselves, because of other people actions. As a country, are we on the break of tyranny?

I feel that
we are at the breaking point of tyranny and such ingrained hatred that it will
implode us all. Just think for one second of your own biases; just sit back and
reflect on the people you find lesser than. Now think of the atrocities that
you subconsciously are ok with, because of your perceived notions of other cultures
and people.

When I
discovered many of my fellow humans went to great lengths to demonize the
innocent children killed in Afghanistan, my stomach churn. The same people who
were so pro for the lives in Israel were so quick to put a coffin on the others
in the Middle East, they perceived subhuman; like Iran for example.

5 steps towards tyranny

We still
have yet to learn.

http://njjewishnews.com/artic...
http://www.forbes.com/sites/a...
http://www.newsmax.com/Emerso...
http://theamericanmuslim.org/...
http://www.bestirantravel.com...
http://theamericanmuslim.org/...

http://theamericanmuslim.org/...
http://www.bestirantravel.com...

• shultzhound 2012/04/04 16:14:10
    No, explain
    shultzhound
    +19
    No one is dehumanizing the muslim, they are doing a good job of it themselves, they sure as hell don't need any help from us.
    Muslin atrocities Muslin atrocities

• USC Gamecock fan 2012/04/10 01:26:38
    No, explain
    USC Gamecock fan
    Their actions cause others to not respect them. they cause others to reject them and their beliefs because of their belief that their religion is the only way and it is based on man.
    Their objective is to overpower this country from within and force their beliefs on us.
  • Yuki ~ ♦Lion King of PHÆT♦ 2012/04/08 20:25:12 (edited)
    Yes, explain
    Yuki ~ ♦Lion King of PHÆT♦
    +3
    I see people on here rant and rage about Muslims to the point that you'd think they were the epitome of evil. Problem is, that's the same attitude people had towards communists... same problem, different time. They call you an idiot if you don't hate Muslims, or if you even trust a person who happens to be Muslim. It's pathetic, really.

Yes, there is violence going on in the Middle East. Yes, we have a radical fundamentalist faction operating there. But they should not be treated as the poster boys for Islam. Unless you want the Crusades and WBC to be the poster children for Christianity?
  • WannaBeRSC the Contrarian SOB 2012/04/08 10:20:07
    Yes, explain
    WannaBeRSC the Contrarian SOB
    +5
    When we look at men, women and children and say, "Other!", we dehumanize ourselves and destroy our own soul in the process.
  • IChangedMyNameAgain 2012/04/08 08:25:26
    Other
    IChangedMyNameAgain
    I dont know
  • eliosc 2012/04/08 04:32:06
    Other
    eliosc
    +1
    Radicals/extremists do that themselves, without any help.
  • bigfoot 2012/04/08 03:24:06
    Yes, explain
    bigfoot
    +1
    dehuminizing groups of people makes it easy to justify, hate and commit violence to non-humans.in the end it is always about Power,Wealth and Domination of othersby another group.in this case the People are the Right Wing Religious So Called Christians and Republican RWNJs.couple the Power Thirsty Muslims with the Power Hungry Conservative Christians and you have RadiO Active Hate and Greed.
  • bob h. 2012/04/07 16:47:41
    Yes, explain
    bob h.
    +3
    The first job of the oppressor is to transform the oppressed from a "thou" to an "it". Joseph Campbell.
  • Rubyking 2012/04/07 16:32:48
    Other
    Rubyking
  • Catch224u 2012/04/07 15:49:59
    Other
    Catch224u
    +2
    Is it because muslims want to kill all non muslims?
  • Rubyking Catch224u 2012/04/07 16:33:43
    Rubyking
    +2
    no they don't, just the extremists
  • Catch224u Rubyking 2012/04/07 19:32:27
    Catch224u
    +1
    Have you read much of the Quran ?
  • Yuki ~ ... Catch224u 2012/04/08 20:30:20
    Yuki ~ ♦Lion King of PHÆT♦
    +2
    Have you read much of the Bible? Or Old Testament?

It doesn't matter. There are parts of the Bible and Torah that justify the same kind of violence, or give excuse for it. Especially in the OT.

The Muslims I see in America as the ones who follow the Qur'anic tenets of good education, peaceful life, devoutness to their god, etc. They are no more violent than Christians. The ones who are are like the same Christians who bomb abortion clinics. What does that tell you? That the extremists are the ones you see the most, even if they are not the majority.
  • Catch224u Yuki ~ ... 2012/04/08 21:58:29
    Catch224u
    OT yes I've read it, where the Israelites did alot of killing. Where in the New Testament is the violence you are talking about?
  • Yuki ~ ... Catch224u 2012/04/08 22:12:24
    Yuki ~ ♦Lion King of PHÆT♦
    +1
    Other than Jesus being crucified, none that I'm aware. But there is still the subservience of women, where men are held higher than women. That's no difference than the oppression you see of women in middle eastern countries. But we don't hate on Jews here (anymore) and we don't (generally, I hope) try to dehumanize Christians for having parts in their holy scripture that calls for the subservience of women.

In short, the Bible isn't perfect, NT or OT. Neither is the Qur'an. But it doesn't give anyone right or excuse to dehumanize Muslims for their beliefs, when their beliefs do not translate into actual violence or violation of human rights.
  • Catch224u Yuki ~ ... 2012/04/08 22:59:55
    Catch224u
    Oh yea the part about submissive wives. Keep reading. The husband is to love his wife so much that he would die for her like Christ died for the church.How could he then mistreat her if that is true?
  • Yuki ~ ... Catch224u 2012/04/08 23:03:23
    Yuki ~ ♦Lion King of PHÆT♦
    +1
    He can mistreat her by demanding her obedience. By not giving her a say. By not letting her be her own person. By forcing her to bear his children (whether she wants to or not) or to stay at home and be a housewife (as opposed to having a career) or isolating her from friends and acquaintances because he loves her and knows that's best for her. Right.
  • Catch224u Yuki ~ ... 2012/04/08 23:47:59
    Catch224u
    Such words, demanding,obedience,forcing,i... I've never associated those words with love.
  • Yuki ~ ... Catch224u 2012/04/09 00:11:05
    Yuki ~ ♦Lion King of PHÆT♦
    +1
    You might not, but lots of people did-- or do. Hence the marriage vows-- "to obey". In a modern context, if the bible were taken literally in its entirety, the woman can be made to be subservient to her husband, and it could be considered that that's the ONLY way for her to demonstrate her love and affection. That's twisted, but that's also how the Bible was once widely interpreted, and still can be. We would recognize my previous statement as an example of a controlling abuser, but that's the power that the Bible tries to give men in relationships.

Do we encourage that in this day and age, even among Christians? Goodness, no! The same goes for Muslims and Jews.
  • Latti I... Catch224u 2012/04/08 23:47:10
  • Catch224u Latti I... 2012/04/08 23:57:55
    Catch224u
    +1
    Not impressed, This is not about racism as the Title suggests and they say nothing of Shiria law (did I spell that right?)
  • Latti I... Catch224u 2012/04/09 00:18:32
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +1
    Whenever you conclude that a whole group of people don't deserve to be treated humanly and with respect; you cross the line from being a critic of individual actions, to discriminatory. It's Sharia law ;-), but once again; those of the extremes want this.
  • Rubyking Catch224u 2012/04/09 01:50:31
    Rubyking
    +1
    I don't understand their language, so no
  • Paige 2012/04/07 14:03:38
    Other
    Paige
  • twocrows 2012/04/07 12:31:51
    Yes, explain
    twocrows
    +3
    dehumanizing the "other" is a tried-and-true method.
    first you claim they are less than you - possibly less than human - then you can oppress them with impunity. it has worked amazingly well down through history.
    witch burning
    holocaust
    jim crow
  • Red Branch twocrows 2012/04/08 01:11:27
    Red Branch
    +2
    Twocrows,

That middle picture needs to be removed from your collage. The Grand Mufti Hussein,of Jerusalem, was Hitler's "special"guest in Berlin during WWII, and provided a lot of suggestions to the SS to kill more Jews. Grand Mufti Hussein raised 3 SS Divisions from the Moslems.

You seem to have an affinity for Blacks, but you don't seem to know your history. Moslem Arabs began enslaving Black Africans in the 630s and continue to this day. The slave trade in African blacks funded the Islamic empires throughout history. When the Euros began buying slaves in the late 1500s, they bought them from Moslem Arabs.
  • twocrows Red Branch 2012/04/08 12:03:10
    twocrows
    +1
    I'm sorry, what does your 'history lesson' have to do with the facts as I stated them, please?

fact: it is easy to oppress people if you get the rest of the population to perceive them as subhuman first. that was my one and only point.

thank you, though for pointing out to me the error of my ways. henceforward, I will submit my responses for your approval before posting them.
  • Latti I... twocrows 2012/04/08 23:47:36
  • Red Branch twocrows 2012/04/09 02:57:21
    Red Branch
    +2
    Your facts are off topic.
    You didn't have a point other than to take the foucs of the evil of Islam.
  • Raiders757 2012/04/07 12:23:57
    Yes, explain
    Raiders757
    I say yes, but the guilty party are the ones being dehumanized. The reason being is simple. The majority of said groups refuse to stand up and make their voices heard. They refuse to hold their leaders accountable and allow the lunatics/thugs represent them instead. If your not willing to rise up against a minority of radicals/thugs in defense of your beliefs, why should we even bother to care about you, or what you represent? If you don't make a stand against those that stain your very name, you might as well become one of them, and that's the way we see all of you.
  • Latti I... Raiders757 2012/04/08 23:48:47
  • All American 2012/04/07 12:16:51 (edited)
    Other
    All American
    +5
    Islam is a bigoted, sexist, hate filled "religion" that views non Muslims as less the human and women as chattel. You are either Muslim or an infidel.
  • bob h. All Ame... 2012/04/07 16:49:49
    bob h.
    +1
    So we better kill them all, just to be on the safe side.
  • All Ame... bob h. 2012/04/07 17:07:43
    All American
    +2
    Yeah, that's the ticket.
  • jeane bob h. 2012/04/09 03:40:31
    jeane
    +2
    Islam is a religion - yes I would like to see it die because of its inherent violence. Muslims are people.
  • Bucky All Ame... 2012/04/07 16:51:17 (edited)
  • All Ame... Bucky 2012/04/07 17:08:41
    All American
    +3
    It seems to be a "religion" of conquest and domination.
  • jeane All Ame... 2012/04/09 03:41:09
    jeane
    +2
    Muhammad was a man of conquest and domination. Islam is his legacy to the world.
  • All Ame... jeane 2012/04/09 03:46:51
    All American
    +2
    I hope people here wake up.
  • jeane All Ame... 2012/04/09 03:47:51
    jeane
    +1
    Most people still think that it is a religion because it is cloaked as such. It is actually more of a government controlling the lives of its "subjects".
  • All Ame... jeane 2012/04/09 11:33:26
    All American
    That's what I've heard and that Sharia Law enforces the tenets of the koran, or something like that.

2014/10/01 12:15:31