Are Hate Crimes Against Muslims on the Rise in America?

A stabbing of a Muslim cab driver and the desecration of a mosque, among other incidents, have the usual politically correct pundits screaming that hate against Muslims is wildly out of control.

But the only thing these incidents have in common? Drunk and deranged people are sometimes stupid, mean and violent.

In the first incident, a drunk passenger asked his cab driver if he was Muslim. When the driver said yes, the passenger stabbed him. In the second one, a man who police said had been drinking for five days, walked into a Mosque and urinated on prayer rugs.

The controversy over the so-called "Ground Zero Mosque," which is neither, and the ridiculous Quran-book burning party in Florida have certainly put the media on alert, scrounging for any way to sensationalize ignorance. Time magazine even had the title "Is America Islamophobic?" on its cover.

And the answer:

"Although the American strain of Islamophobia lacks some of the traditional elements of religious persecution — there's no sign that violence against Muslims is on the rise, for instance — there's plenty of anecdotal evidence that hate speech against Muslims and Islam is growing both more widespread and more heated."

In other words, no evidence. In fact, according to FBI Crime statistics, hate crime incidents against Muslims, which was at an all-time-high right after the Sept. 11 attacks, at nearly 500, dropped to 105 in 2008, the latest year data was released.

The year hasn't ended and certainly the subtle hostility against Muslims could escalate to overt attacks. But today, the evidence doesn't support it. What do you think?

• Dinkiedow 2010/08/27 22:08:04
    No, I don't think so
    Dinkiedow
    +28
    Gee i don't think it's possible to drown out that Muslim Cry "I Kill You"! Myself I Am sick of these bleeding Heart Cowards that would rather switch than fight!

Anti-American Non-Believers Crying that is not American!

Well Leftist Loons pack up and go with them!

"We The People are taking Back Our Rights and Our Country!

One incident of a liberal attacking a Muslim.Probably a rouse.Cut them self for attention.Hell these fools will blow their own balls off for a virgin."No Balls,No Need Virgin",you are the virgin!

So Liberal Jack Wipe Press Bite Me!

• VICTORIA Migsly 2010/09/03 11:08:31
    VICTORIA
    Yes, so when it happens 1,637 times- it's 1,637 times worse,isn't it?
  • Jack Sprat VICTORIA 2010/09/07 20:53:46
    Jack Sprat
    Here is the "1637" figure, dunno where the 1610 (?) number is, can you help, I have been able to bring up islamophobia site, but haven't had the time to look at it yet..

Cheers.
  • VICTORIA Jack Sprat 2010/09/08 03:49:12 (edited)
    VICTORIA
    The 1610 figure is from several days ago when I first posted n this site.
    The figure is now 1,646.
    http://www.islamophobia-watch...
  • Jack Sprat VICTORIA 2010/09/08 03:56:15
    Jack Sprat
    I was simply answering your question as to where I got the number, you seemed to imply I had fabricated it..

Have a great evening.
  • VICTORIA Jack Sprat 2010/09/10 07:16:23
    VICTORIA
    Are you sure about that?
    I was talking to Migsly.

I was the one that posted both numbers- so I definitely wasn't implying you had fabricated it.

How did you get that implication?

Yes, Eid started las tnight at sundown- so the next 3 days will probably be pretty good. Thanks.
    butterfly myspace graphics

MySpace Butterfly Icons
  • Jack Sprat VICTORIA 2010/09/10 18:38:56
    Jack Sprat
    +1
    "How did you get that implication?"

Probably years of drugs and booze, G_d saved me from.

May your fasting go quickly and your blessing be abundent.
  • VICTORIA Jack Sprat 2010/09/10 23:34:12
    VICTORIA
    You had some great impact on being responsible for your own sobriety too.
    You were the one that asked, weren't you?
    Thank you.
  • Jack Sprat VICTORIA 2010/09/11 05:03:38
    Jack Sprat
    +1
    You always have to watch patting yourself on you back, it's far to easy to break your arm if you fall. Some, we all get the choice, like yours helping so many, the blessing is ours, the victory is His alone. He made a world without end for those who find His blessings sweet.

All success in a result of "right" directions. I love my G_d, as He loves you.

I always loved the Arabic saying, "trust in Allah, but tie up your camel".

Salamo Alikom Wa Rahmat Allah wa Barakato.
    (or so they say)
  • VICTORIA Jack Sprat 2010/09/11 05:08:04
    VICTORIA
    Wa alaikum a salaamu a wa rahmalahi wa barakatu

Now see, that saying I always felt negated the trust in God part!
  • Jack Sprat VICTORIA 2010/09/11 20:30:33
    Jack Sprat
    +1
    There is no "faith" requirement involved, and frankly I feel the same way. As you may note from time to time I can be more than a little sarcastic, a flaw I do work on.

Alhamdulillah
  • VICTORIA Jack Sprat 2010/09/12 10:38:28
    VICTORIA
    +1
    Welll, one man's flaw is another woman's treasure Mr. Lean
  • Jack Sprat VICTORIA 2010/09/13 02:34:31 (edited)
    Jack Sprat
    +1
    America needs desperately for moderate Muslims to speak out as you are doing. The Radicals and those who support Radical Islam are winning the "PR" battle.
  • VICTORIA Jack Sprat 2010/09/13 04:23:00
    VICTORIA
    I've been on the phone this week with Imam Bray who heads the Muslim American Society saying just that-
    that by allowing others to define us- we are relinquishing our right to define ourselves.

I had a Muslim guy get kind of mad at me tonight for saying we have to take responsibility and stop blaming the media- or book burners- or whatever.

You're right, but I rarely say it out loud because then I'd get a pile on of triumphant people who would exploit it as weakness.

I'm thinking about it. :) Thank you for your very complimentary words.
  • Jack Sprat VICTORIA 2010/09/13 18:00:05
    Jack Sprat
    +1
    Compliments are great, we hear them at election time "every year", I don't like any true seeking after the "Face of G_d" defamed, we can be misguided in our attempt, but I believe G_d does honor our attempt. I believe that if we seek G_d, He will let us find him. I have only stated what I see and what is revealed by your words.

I have been very encouraged by the Muslim groups who have been vocal about different issues, but unfortunately you and they put their lives at risk from these radical terrorist elements, these aberrations of humanity kill more Muslims than any other force and have since the split between Shia and Sunni. Only Genghis Khan may have killed more.

The Church and Synagogues are going through the same thing only they keep silent on important issues and they are both a "power" wielder in our country.

“All that needs to happen for evil to prevail, is for good people to keep silent.”
  • VICTORIA Jack Sprat 2010/09/16 08:35:28
    VICTORIA
    Actually, the largest killer of Muslims, and the largest terrorist group on the planet is the Hindutva,
    I think they are estimated at between 40-45,000.

I can honestly say that I don't think I have ever thought about, nor had even one second of anxiety about some extremist coming for me.

The last though, one of my favorite sayings.

I'm so happy it was a post from you !

You get a roomful of people, no matter how tightly knit- together-
    you will have disagreement.
    We humans are a contentious lot.
  • Jack Sprat VICTORIA 2010/09/16 19:41:11
    Jack Sprat
    +1
    don't want to be abrasive, but Ghenghis piled the heads of the cities he conquered in a pile, often by the 100's of thousands. While he did only make it to NW'ern Mid-east countries, there were several very large towns.

One total estimate of Muslim on Muslim murders is 500,000, but I have no way of knowing.
  • VICTORIA Jack Sprat 2010/09/20 19:39:48
    VICTORIA
    Ghengis Khan wasn't a Muslim.
  • Jack Sprat VICTORIA 2010/09/20 22:43:33 (edited)
    Jack Sprat
    +1
    Correct, he was a Mongol, and the body count was in this case Muslims "by the 100's of thousands", he was very fair though, any city who didn't surrender, Euopean, Chinese and anyone in between. Kubli Khan was a bit more "forgiving" and actually sent a royal princess to a Caliph to marry, with Marcolo Polo.

Hope all is well.

100s fair city surrender euopean chinese kubli khan forgiving hope
  • VICTORIA Jack Sprat 2010/09/20 23:19:33
    VICTORIA
    Yes, so- the surprising conclusion to this point is- the largest terrorist group and killers of Muslims (who are ALMOST exclusively their target) is the Hindutva. Not surprisingly (by their name) Hindus.

As for the 100s of 1,000s of Muslims slaughtered, that also seems to contradict the myth of the marauding bands of Muslims roaming the planet and converting people at the point of the sword.

I'm just sayin is all. :D

Thank G-d- well enough. Thanks.
    My favorite calligrapher, Haji Noor Deen (Chinese Muslim)
    http://www.hajinoordeen.com/g...

g-d- calligrapher haji noor deen chinese muslim httpwww hajinoordeen comg g-d- calligrapher haji noor deen chinese muslim httpwww hajinoordeen comg
  • Jack Sprat VICTORIA 2010/09/20 23:28:00
    Jack Sprat
    +1
    you do know that Genghis attacked the CITIES of the Muslims in what is now Northern and North eastern Iran? The cities are now long lost waste lands because of that "war", the only thing that kept him from continuing to "Mecca" was war at home.

Again

Love and Peace - حالة حبّ وسلا
  • VICTORIA Jack Sprat 2010/09/20 23:44:46
    VICTORIA
    He has a lot of grandchildren in Turkey too.

But, since the topic WAS Muslim terrorists, and Ghengis Khan wasn't a Muslim, and is also pretty far back in history-
    I'd rather diiscuss the master Haji Noor Deen- or this letter on my blog, where I invite you to comment.

Peace and Love

• saxxme1120 vwacira 2010/09/03 12:05:15
    saxxme1120
    +1
    Ignorance is bliss. Gear of loosing is greater, esp Americans!
  • VICTORIA saxxme1120 2010/09/10 07:17:35
  • saxxme1120 VICTORIA 2010/09/11 18:28:34
    saxxme1120
    +1
    Thank you beautiful! Blessed Eid as well!
  • VICTORIA saxxme1120 2010/09/12 10:39:24
  • zack VICTORIA 2010/09/20 18:56:07
    zack
    +1
    did you go to the eid prayer? i went to the one in north kansas city it was so much fun .
  • VICTORIA zack 2010/09/20 19:41:55
    VICTORIA
    Nooo. :( But I'm glad you enjoyed your Eid!!
  • TheresaG vwacira 2010/09/03 21:08:58
    TheresaG
    If someone broke into your house or apartment and said he was going to rape you, would it be rude for you to stab him to prevent him from raping you? Take that thought a little further, by applying your same answer to this. Someone tells you he is a Muslim who was commanded by his "holy book" the Qaran to kill you because you don't believe as he does.
    Do you have the right to take preemptive measures preventing him or any other Muslim following the teachings of the Qaran to kill you? THAT'S essentially what it boils down to.
    Simply peeing on their mosque carpets doesn't get it. We need to destroy those mosques as breeding grounds for terrorists whose religion commands them to destroy us.
  • VICTORIA TheresaG 2010/09/04 02:53:14
    VICTORIA
    ANother false premise.
    The Qur'an states clearly that we are to be protectors of People of the Book- Christians and Jews.
  • geneAR-10 VICTORIA 2010/09/08 09:49:59
    geneAR-10
    lady you are a damm liar.
  • saxxme1120 geneAR-10 2010/09/11 18:32:53
    saxxme1120
    +1
    genra...(whateva) truth hurts doesn't it? LOL!!!
  • saxxme1120 VICTORIA 2010/09/11 18:29:24
    saxxme1120
    +1
    I love this sister!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
  • Sutekh TheresaG 2010/09/04 12:43:24
    Sutekh
    +2
    I wouldn't put much stock in what Victoria has to say about the Koran. Islamic Law states that all who refuse to convert to Islam, except for Christians and Jews, must be killed. The Jews and Christians are allowed to continue their religion, if they pay high taxes in exchange for the privilege (not "right") to do so. If the Christians don't pay the taxes, the Islamic IRS is not as lenient as the American version. If you owe the IRS in the U.S., but haven't lied on your 1040 form, it can't put you in jail. The Islamic vesion of the IRS can kill you.

Revelations in the Koran that are peaceful and nonviolent date to the Mecca period, when Mohammed was a suffering servant like Jesus. After he was chased out of Mecca, Mohammed moved to Medina, acquired political power, became bitter, and suddenly the angel Gabriel began to bring him revelations that told him that for Muslims, it would now be no more Mr. Nice Guy.

"Fight against those believe not in Allah, nor in the Last Day, nor forbid that which has been forbidden by Allah and HIs Messenger (Muhammed) and those who acknowledge not the religion of truth (i.e. Islam) among the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians), until they pay the Jizyah [tax] with willing submission and feel themselves subdued."
    -- Surah 9:29 The ...

-- Surah 9:29 The Noble Quran

Christians and Jews are to be treated like slaves, who are protected by their masters because of their cash value.

Dr. Mark A. Gabriel, the Egyptian who is a former professor of Islamic studies from Al Azhar university in Cairo has this to say about the Surah quote above: "The phrase 'and feel themselves subdued' is much st5ronger in Arabid than in this English translation. The Arabic word means something like 'abject subjection.' It carries the idea of someone cowering in fear before a greater power. If abject subjection is not achieved, then death follows."

Also, I would like for Victoria to note that, unlike her pal Mara, of whom she approves, I don't commit hate crimes by manufacturing imaginary scripture of other religions for the purpose of insulting them. Most Musims respect the scriptures of other religions, but Mara doesn't, and Victoria has voiced her approval of the one instance in which Mara committed a hate crime against me and all Christians by manufacturing "Bible verses." in order to insult a member of a religion that she despises.
  • Laura TheresaG 2010/09/04 16:36:42
    Laura
    +1
    That is why we have laws. We are supposed to be a country of laws.
    If that's too complex, what about the kids rhyme "calling names can't hurt me"
  • saxxme1120 TheresaG 2010/09/11 18:32:00
    saxxme1120
    +1
    naaaaah! that WON'T Happen. Come out of your false hood teachings. Allah's on his way to return!!! (wink, wink and smiles! )
  • synerge... vwacira 2010/09/10 04:09:35
    synergetics4d
    the guy that did the stabbing was part of the group trying to get the ground zero mosque built.Thank God for thr cab driver who locked him in his back seat or they would be screaming it was the opponents of the mosque that committed the crime!It was all a set up and I salute the cabdrver who had the courage to catch the terrorist **shole before he got away!
  • Phil 2010/09/02 14:48:33
    Yes, I keep reading about them
    Phil
    +1
    Anti Islam is on the increase.perhaps this is the time for americans to refrain from this absrdity. Americans travelling to foreign countries may be subjected to greater harm. America is a place for all nations, color and religion. Remember Jacob and Esua are twin brothers. so islam and christianity are twin religion. there should be no hatred btween them. Moderation is essential please.
  • saxxme1120 Phil 2010/09/03 12:07:14
    saxxme1120
    +1
    Thank you Phil! Two, three, four five...religions under ONE God!!! There is but ONE HIGHER POWER!
  • Sutekh Phil 2010/09/04 12:53:49 (edited)
    Sutekh
    Thanks for the perfect comment. Many of the posters here seem unaware that, outside of Iran, and Afghanistan under the Taliban, there is no country in the world, Muslim or otherwise, that the Musim terrorists recognize as a truly Islamic state. The Islamicists are at war with anyone who disagrees with them, and that includes about one and a half billion Muslims worldwide. The government of Egypt, where modern jihad first began to sprout, has executed numerous Islamic terrorists because they are a danger to everyone, Muslim or otherwise. Most Muslims living today do NOT want to kill anybody,. Like everyone else, they can be extremely disagreeable, and at times might contemplate how nice it would be if everyone not like themselves disappeared, but they have no inclination to try to push that issue. The books written and printed by these jihadists have been seized and burned by the respective governments of the Muslim states in which they reside, and are permanently banned.

The object of the terrorists, is to convince Americans that all Muslims are out to get them, in which case, the backlash would frighten ordinary Muslims, and then they would become violent in self-defense, and then go on the offensive themselves (because the best defense is a good offense.)

One thing that ...

One thing that our resident teeny bopper jihadettes on this forum do that adds fuel to the fire is that they are childlike, immature intellectuals when they deny any of the bad truths about Islam in order to be able to yell "hate crime" at anyone who dares question them. Islam will not get better by denying the truth about its origins. The practice of a Muslim girl living in Colorado of wearing a T-shirt (with darts, no less) that says "I Love Jihad" does little to help the issue, and is only inflammatory as the posters intends.

The Mormon church has gone through this process of trying to escape its origins. It regularly buys up antique books with printed statements by early Mormon prophets that seem offensive, and hides them in a safe, so that modern moderate Mormonism can continue to coexist with Christianity. Mormon women do not wear T shirts that say, "I Love the Mountain Meadows Massacre."

Just as the Mormon knows that Joseph Smith allegedly had around 50 wives, our jihadettes know all about Mohammed as well. It just suit their purposes to deny many things about Mohammed that are unsavory. I don't blame them, but as I said, things don't get better until we all admit how bad things really are with Islam and all other religions, and try to rise above the limits of their origins.

Attacking or vandalizing any holy book, either by deliberatly misquoting it, or flushing it down a toilet is offensive to God, regardless of what you call HIm. and critics of Islam, and critics of Christianity need to remember this. And trivializing the deaths of hundreds of millions of people with a T-shirt simply to attract attention is beneath the dignity of any civilized person.
  • rebelrouser2 2010/09/02 13:45:09
    No, I don't think so
    rebelrouser2
    +2
    First of all, remember what their agenda is....to destroy America from within,,,divide and conquer. And make no mistake, they are here to conquer America. We see it on a daily basis. They are using our own laws against us in every way possible. Then they are going about to change us to Sharia Law....Islam...their law. Every other immigrant to America learns of America's history and lives here freely; while keeping their own traditions, they live by United States law. The Muslim community has degraded and demanded political correctness while attempting to destroy. This is not a legal immigration to a free country. If they want to change America, why did they come here? They could live their own religion in their home country. No other country in the world would let us go over there and get away with what they have here. It is time to call a spade a spade. It is against American Constitutional law for them to do many things they are doing. It is time for Americans to take a stand and take back our country. The Founding Fathers would be ashamed of how we have given them the road to destroy this great country. November is coming. Stay united. Do not give in to this hate-mongering from them. They are feeding on anger and fear. We have to show no fear and fight th...
    First of all, remember what their agenda is....to destroy America from within,,,divide and conquer. And make no mistake, they are here to conquer America. We see it on a daily basis. They are using our own laws against us in every way possible. Then they are going about to change us to Sharia Law....Islam...their law. Every other immigrant to America learns of America's history and lives here freely; while keeping their own traditions, they live by United States law. The Muslim community has degraded and demanded political correctness while attempting to destroy. This is not a legal immigration to a free country. If they want to change America, why did they come here? They could live their own religion in their home country. No other country in the world would let us go over there and get away with what they have here. It is time to call a spade a spade. It is against American Constitutional law for them to do many things they are doing. It is time for Americans to take a stand and take back our country. The Founding Fathers would be ashamed of how we have given them the road to destroy this great country. November is coming. Stay united. Do not give in to this hate-mongering from them. They are feeding on anger and fear. We have to show no fear and fight them in the trenches of our neighborhoods. They have been organizing for a while. We need to get involved in our community so that we can dispel fears and work together to defeat the enemy within. Study about them. Know your enemy. My Dad always said you better keep your enemies closer than your friends.. you never know when you may have to use that knowledge to pull yourself out of the fire. We have two short months to get this 'lame duck' Congress rejuvenated. They have let these usurpers come in and play havoc with a country which has good, moral values on which to base a belief in a stronger power than any Muslim nation. "If God be for us, who can be against us"! Take him with you today...get to know Him. You may be surprised how He will guide your direction to peace. Keep yourself from any type of harm to others and help your neighbor with his needs. Americans are resilient and get things done in a way no Muslim immigrant can understand. Their god calls for death...our God calls for us to take them to heaven with us. Support the groups that adhere to this belief or you will most certainly fall into the fear and anger trap they have set for Americans. America loves peace. Let's all work together to restore that peace. Thanks for listening.

2014/11/26 01:37:28