Are BILLIONAIRES purchasing the U.S. Government?

bob 2012/06/18 19:42:10
The BILLIONAIRES through puppet corporations are purchasing the U.S. Government
The BILLIONAIRES are not purchasing the U.S. Government
For the BILLIONAIRES the purchasing the U.S. Government is less than paying taxes to the U.S. Government
The U.S. Government is going to the highest bidder

• apachehellfire65 2012/06/18 21:54:01
    apachehellfire65
    +4
    purchasing? you make it sound like it hasn't happened yet. the rich on both sides of the aisles have own there respective governments for years.
  • Steve 2012/06/18 21:53:41
    For the BILLIONAIRES the purchasing the U.S. Government is less than paying t...
    Steve
    +1
    America has the best government money can buy.
    america government money buy
  • Magnus ☮ RP ☮ 2012 ☮ 2012/06/18 21:47:13
    Magnus ☮ RP ☮ 2012 ☮
  • pops 2012/06/18 21:26:06
    pops
    +4
    Where would the liar in chief be without George Soreass?
  • mach pops 2012/06/18 22:43:13
    mach
    He'd be where Willard would be without this guy casino king adelman
  • JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo 2012/06/18 21:25:56
    JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo
    +3
    They already have purchased all the influence they need to get their way in Washington. You can't purchase something you already own.
  • Margare... JoeyJoJ... 2012/06/18 22:10:15
    Margaret Jacobson
    +1
    THAT IS RIGHT
  • Xerxes 2012/06/18 21:22:18
  • Lady Wh... Xerxes 2012/06/19 12:09:23
    good one!
  • Joe Shwingding BN-ZERO 2012/06/18 21:19:58
    Joe Shwingding BN-ZERO
    +2
    the joys of Capitalism ...even the government is for sale.
  • Pat 2012/06/18 21:12:58
    +4
    Our politicians are already bought and paid for and have been for years. What's new is all these Anonymous PACs that are taking huge donations from various "private" sources. What we really need are term limits for Reps and Senators and no accepting corporate donation and putting a limit on private donations. We should also mandate that elected officials cannot accept employment from anyone or any business who contributed to their campaign/party for at least 10 years after leaving office.
  • Dwight PWCM 2012/06/18 21:12:13
    Dwight PWCM
    +6
    At least no more than Hollywood and Labour Unions are.
  • Boris D. 2012/06/18 21:00:46
    Boris D.
  • unclepat 2012/06/18 20:58:23
    unclepat
    +4
    Purchasing the gov't??? We prefer to think of it as an investment! lol kock brothers sheldon adelson
  • Pedro D... unclepat 2012/06/19 10:32:48
    Pedro Doller ~Inc.
    +3
    Warren Buffet out bid the Koch's Keystone pipeline and replaced it with his own Santa Fe BN pipeline.

buffet bid kochs keystone pipeline replaced santa fe bn pipeline

What's a little safety and reliability have to do with moving the oil of the second biggest producer, North Dakota. It looks like a technological step backwards but the pipeline can go anywhere, it's part of the buddy system.

reliability moving oil producer north dakota technological step pipeline buddy
  • #Justice4Trayvon 629 BLOCKT... 2012/06/18 20:41:57
    #Justice4Trayvon 629 BLOCKT CONS
    +4
    They're doing it through Americans for Prosperity (a Koch Brothers front group), ALEC & a myriad of others which doesn't even include the 501(c) 4s or Karl Rove's 'non-profits'--WHAT A CROCK!
  • Chief 2012/06/18 20:39:20
    Chief
    +6
    it is as clear to see as is the nose on ones own face.
  • Queen B 2012/06/18 20:32:37
    Queen B
    +5
    And in some cases, these billionaires are using foreign money to do the purchasing.
  • frank 2012/06/18 20:25:25
    frank
    +4
    Yomama has his own Billionaire backers; it has been that way for decades.
  • wicked soda boy 2012/06/18 20:24:01
    wicked soda boy
    +25
    None of the above...except Soros and perhaps Buffett.
  • Cat 1017 wicked ... 2012/06/19 18:17:02
    Cat 1017
    If you are going to include some, include Koch, The vegas magnate, and on and on and on....
  • Cochise 2012/06/18 20:22:32
    Cochise
    +7
    You betcha.............as Sarah Palin would say.
  • hat man 2012/06/18 20:21:05
    hat man
    +5
    Money is power. Nothing else seems to matter: not family, not belief, not humanity, not peace, not freedom, not loyalty. Everything seems to resolve around the green. If you have it the world turns for you, if not you are screwed.
  • LadyBGood hat man 2012/06/19 02:29:24
    +6
    It's hardly a secret that America, as well as other countries, are being controlled by the highest bidder.
  • gkirmani 2012/06/18 20:11:32 (edited)
    gkirmani
    +1
    The successive governments have already sold thier so CALLED nation to these ELITE and work & think for them only.................checck any action it is only for
  • Seriously Folks 2012/06/18 20:11:10
    Seriously Folks
    +4
    In this election, DEMOCRACY is effectively being taken from the People by BILLIONAIRES AND THEIR SUPER PACS. We knew that the Lobbys had a stranglehold on our elected officials, but now the "Activist Conservative" leaning Supreme Court who want to help the Republicans Win Elections, have let all of us KNOW THEY WANT IT TO BE IN THE OPEN and there is not a DAMN THING we can do about it.

Government is only BAD when people vote BY REPUBLICAN STANDARDS. The Republicans are IMPLEMENTING VOTER SUPPRESSION in every State they Control.

Rick Scott is ready to use TaxPayer Money to defend his stance on Voter Suppression against the Federal Government and the Voting Rights Act.

Government is GOOD WHEN REPUBLICANS CONTROL IT. Karl Rove Stated that they never wanted another Democrate in the White House, and the Supreme Court is helping them Achieve it. Bush 2000, Health Care, Roe V Wade, Civil Rights Laws, etc. you name it. Settled Law Decades ago BEING REVERSED and overturned SLOWLY BUT SURELY.

I use the term "Activists" when it comes to judges, because that is a term COINED by Sen. Orin Hatch (R) Utah, everytime A Democrat wanted to appoint a Judge. They are all activists and overturning Congressinal Law. Nothing to say about those Judges appointed by Republicans, l...

I use the term "Activists" when it comes to judges, because that is a term COINED by Sen. Orin Hatch (R) Utah, everytime A Democrat wanted to appoint a Judge. They are all activists and overturning Congressinal Law. Nothing to say about those Judges appointed by Republicans, like Chief Justice Roberts who claimed in his Confirmation Hearing he would not be seeking to overturn settled Laws. What Happen?

Well This Supreme Court just reversed 100 years of Election Finance and now they want to do the same to Montana, a Republican Red State that wants to control their own elections.
  • ruthann... Serious... 2012/06/18 20:16:08
    ruthannhausman
    +3
    Are your complaints based solely against Republicans, or is there room for a little Democratic blame as well? You do recognize the socialist/communist leanings of many of the democrats, do you not? Ah, sorry, didn't see your seeing-eye dog.
  • apacheh... ruthann... 2012/06/18 21:58:39
    apachehellfire65
    +1
    it seems the only thing that outshines her bias. is her delusions!
  • ruthann... apacheh... 2012/06/19 07:43:09
    ruthannhausman
    +1
    Have to agree with you on that one. Thing I can't believe is I'm 65 years old now and this all sounds to me like way back when I was a little girl and I used to hear the kids arguing back and forth about whose father was better or whose church was best (went to a missionary school for a little while there) and all that rot. It's so ridiculously childish and yet here we are, constantly reading opinions that blast one party all to hell as if all the world's troubles are on the shoulders of a single set of people.

Hey, I'm a Republican, but I realize that there have been some mistakes made by Republicans. And I don't overly care for the Democratic platform, but I likewise realize that not everything Democratic is evil or bad. Sheesh. When can I expect some sanity to reenter the picture so we can fix our country and stop this bickering and blatant hatred? Remember, I'm 65. I haven't got a whole lot of time to wait for this to happen, you know.
  • Serious... apacheh... 2012/06/19 17:47:20
    Seriously Folks
    Kiss by Grits JERK!
  • apacheh... Serious... 2012/06/19 20:58:47
    apachehellfire65
    how do you get kissed by Grits there flo?
  • Serious... ruthann... 2012/06/19 17:46:45
    Seriously Folks
    Yes, I see blame for Democrats for standing by and letting Republicans continue to Destroy the Middleclass for the 1%. The Dems need to be out there in LOCKSTEP with their messaging like Republicans. They have been Weak. The President who was trying to work with Republicans has been kicked in the Ass everytime by them. They HATE HIM and he is doing everything to get their approval and his side is also angry at him for TRYING TO HARD to work with VIPERS and the Country still gets nothing WHILE Republicans continue to OBSTRUCT ANY PROGRESS and BLAME HIM.

They don't like Mitt either, but he is White and so they will take him over the Black Guy any day, even though Mitt will say and do whatever they want. Grover Nordquist said "All they want is someone to sign".

If you like how the Country is going down the crapper by Republicans holding up the progress for Economic RECOVERY and Wars they love, and the WAR ON THE WOMEN, then I am not trying to change your mind on anything on how you feel. But since you would rather trade insults then there is nothing more for me to say than ABOUT debating the issues intelligently with someonel who wants an honest debate, instead IGNORANT INSULTS.
  • ruthann... Serious... 2012/06/19 21:59:35
    ruthannhausman
    Hey, Serious, I didn't insult anybody. I asked that everybody stop the bickering. But you want honest discussion, that's all I am ever after. So let's begin with the first volley.

Please tell me how you can honestly say that the Republicans are not trying to get together with the dems for solutions when they have submitted more than one budget and Obama's puppet, Harry Reid, has pigeonholed every single one and refuses to even let there be discussion on the floor. This, mind you, when the Congress is REQUIRED to have a budget every fiscal year. And yet they have gone for how long now without one? Three-plus years maybe? Please remember that the Repubcs control the House but the Dems control the Senate. And let me look up the number of bills which have passed the House and gotten squashed by Reid or Obama and I'll get back on that subject later.

Let us just tackle one thing at a time and see how we amateurs stack up against the pros that are getting the big bucks and not accomplishing squat.
  • Serious... ruthann... 2012/06/20 02:02:33
    Seriously Folks
    Mitch McConnell said on Day One along with the GOP having a Secret Meeting on how they were going to Strategize to BLOCK everything this President put forth, their only GOAL WAS TO MAKE HIM A ONE-TERMER. The Senate has a 60-vote rule to pass anything if one Senator decides he wants to filibuster any bill before it gets to the Floor. The GOP has used the Filibuster at least 87 times to stop legislation from even coming to a vote unless they can get 60-votes to override it. instead of a simple majority. Check the facts on the Filibuster. It was rarely used until President Obama became President. Now Republicans are using it like a SLEDGE HAMMER to OBSTRUCT ECONOMIC PROGRESS. They are Actively trying to DESTROY the Economy as long as President is President.

They want Mitt to ride in like the White Knight to save the day and this man cannot TAKE QUESTIONS and SCRUTINY from the MainStream Media.

The President also had along with Republicans blocking, 6-7 Democrats along with Lieberman. The Dems kissed Sen. Snowe's but to get Health Care out of Committee and she still voted against it. Now she see that PARTISEN IDEOLOGY as just Awful. Too little too late.

So NOW that the Election is here they Republicans would Rather see the Country go down the CRAPPER than to appr...

So NOW that the Election is here they Republicans would Rather see the Country go down the CRAPPER than to approved anything. Mitt is even out there bad-mouthing the President when he is representing the Country. That never happen to another President. The Complaints STOPPED AT THE SHORE. The HATE for President Obama is so Strong by the GOP and the DISRESPECT, that the Damage THE GOP/TEA are doing to the Office of the Presidency will be IMMESUARABLE for a long time.

I personally, feel this is why Putin wanted to be Premier again, he is sensing a Weakness in our Political System by the Tearing down of the Office of the Presidency by the Republican Party. The Former Premier - Russia has already said Romney was still fighting the Cold War. So don't Blame President Obama as being weak.

If you pay attention to the News on how the GOP IS fighting tooth and nail not to tax even the Rich and extra one percent while they want to CUT CUT everything for Average Americans, there is nothing more I need to say.

Did you not notice how the TEA PARTY in the House held the DEBT CEILING HOSTAGE OVER A SLIGHT INCREASE IN TAXES on Millionaires.

NUNS are doing a Bus Tour of the U. S. To talk about how DISASTEROUS the Paul Ryan Budget Plan will be for the American People as the Bishops sue the Administration over Contraception and try to Control how many Children Families should have, WHILE protecting Pedophile Priests.

All of this has been documented in the news.

So if Romney and the GOP/TEA are your cup of Tea have at them. Not trying to change your mind.
  • ruthann... Serious... 2012/06/20 13:55:54
    ruthannhausman
    Hey, kiddo, I have got to walk to the grocery store and it's going to be 114 today and I have to get things done very early before the heat comes or I'll drop dead in my tracks. I want to come back and answer you, okay, but I need to think about a lot of things first. I want to get my facts straight as well. Don't want to hop into some silly fray based on bogus information, you know. This is good. And I do want to change your mind if I can. Give me a day or two, okay? This is precisely what I want and why I got on SH in the first place. Thanks for volunteering to be the first guinea pig in the experiment. (Don't worry, guinea pigs are the cutest things in the world!)

I look forward to it. But I know I won't be worth a plug nickel after walking to the store and back again. It's about 3.4 miles total, not counting shopping mileage in the store. Ugh. My kingdom for a car. Do me a big favor and do a reply like "okay" or something like that so it goes under My Happenings so I don't lose this page. I have the worst time finding my place in this darned site once I get off of it. And, oh, did you figure out I'm lazy? Sure am....... Thanks. :) rah
  • Serious... ruthann... 2012/06/20 18:35:25
    Seriously Folks
    Sorry Ruth Ann, you CANNOT change my mind on the Destructive Action by this Current GOP/TEA. The Current Republican Party has gone off the rails. They were reasonable people before President Obama became President. Now it seems to be Bigotry, name calling of him and his family and total disrespect of the Office because he is in it. It is just SLASH AND BURN THE COUNTRY DOWN.

Newt Gingrich calls the President a Nazi and a Socialist, Mike Huckabee(the Minister) says he is a Mau Mau from the Kenyan Jungles, and Fox News Hosts parrots these statements to their Audiences and lets THROW IN THE BIRTHERS - Donald Trump, Orly Taitz. Orly is wasting all kinds of Taxpayers Dollars tying up Courts to prove the President is not a Citizen. Ted Nugent is a Romney Endorser and he spoke of violence against the President, Mitt said nothing. Mitt and the GOP have TOTALLY RE-INVENTED who Barack Obama is as a man.

Which Republican came to Sandra Flukes defense when she was speaking for young women on Contraceptives and Rush called her a SLUT AND PROSTITUTE? NOT MITT, the man who wants to President for all of the USA and over 1/2 are women. Mitt is against everything that would be good for Women to appeal to the Republican Base.

A Federal Judge risked his professional Career t...

A Federal Judge risked his professional Career to send racists emails about the President and his deceased Mother calling them Monkeys to his colleagues, then say he did mean it that way.

Their have been signs, pictures depicting violence against the President by Right Wingers, and not ONE REPUBLICAN leader or their super pundits, including Mitt stands and say ENOUGH!

So, Ruth Ann you can call this Liberal Bias if you want, I look at it as plain old HUMAN DECENCY towards your fellow man/woman.

FORGET TRYING TO CHANGE MY MIND. I certainly do not plan to TRY AND CHANGE YOURS. I don't do well with TOTAL INGORANCE, AND LIES from either Party. My Statements have been in the News about the GOP/TEA. Just stating some facts about how far a once Respected Party has gone and how UGLY for the Country.
  • EddyGee53 2012/06/18 20:10:17
    EddyGee53
    +1
    They have owned our government for the last 200 years! WAKE UP AMERICA!!
  • Bud 2012/06/18 20:09:45
    Bud
    +1
    All of your questions may be answered by "It's the economy, stupid!"

Bud
  • merlinskiss 2012/06/18 20:02:14
    merlinskiss
    +9
    The Supreme court recently clinched it. He with the most money controls the US economy and government with their bought and paid for politicians. It's called corporatism. And here in Missouri, we have some fine, elected officials... All tied to businesses making money from their tenure representing them. Why one of our senators has children working as lobbyists for such things as the tobacco companies lobbying their own father. Now that is what I call keeping it in the family.

Ain't America great???

2014/08/22 23:39:22