Are Americans that think America is great brainwashed to where they can't see the reality that it is not?

Mopvyzo 2013/01/08 17:02:40
There are too many people out of work, that want to work, and no available jobs, too many homeless, starving, etc. These people need help, and they aren't getting the help they desperately need.

This country will not be great again, until these problems are solved. Our government has failed us, and their irresponsibility and lack of compassion to the suffering of the people has got to stop. It is a disgrace.

i want you to fix america

Read More: http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/lovely-liber...

• Kaleokualoha 2013/01/08 20:57:37
    Kaleokualoha
    +11
    Disagree. With all of our problems, America may no longer be "exceptional," but we are still a GREAT nation.

BTW: Unemployment, homelessness, and hunger have always been problems in America. Although many American households are "food insecure," actual starvation may be a myth.

• Hopscotch gracious43 2013/01/10 16:33:55
  • bob h. gracious43 2013/01/08 21:32:55
    bob h.
    +4
    But we insist on electing lawyers to congress. What can possibly go wrong.
  • gracious43 bob h. 2013/01/09 06:12:58
    gracious43
    +1
    Who are we supposed to vote for? My personal belief, and maybe I'm feeling as depressed as Mopeder is, but my personal belief is that there aren't enough righteous men and women left in this country to elect a decent person to office as dog-catcher.
  • Unicorns vs Narwhals 2013/01/08 18:01:14
    Unicorns vs Narwhals
    America is still great especially compared to other countries. The government shouldent force people to help other people, that gets us nowhere, those people need to learn how to help themselves, it's okay to give them alittle charity everyone in awhile if they really need it though but the government shouldent steal from other people to do that.
  • jeane Unicorn... 2013/01/09 05:02:39
    jeane
    +1
    America is slip, sliding away......
  • Unicorn... jeane 2013/01/09 06:24:28
    Unicorns vs Narwhals
    +1
    Yes we shouldent be forced to pay fur healthcare or somebody else's mistakes.
  • findthelight2000 2013/01/08 17:58:12 (edited)
  • Mary Mary findthe... 2013/01/08 22:31:51
    Mary Mary
    +3
    I can't believe a so called patriot would post this. No matter what state my country was I I would NEVER be so disrespectful
  • Georgia50 2013/01/08 17:44:36
    Georgia50
    +2
    No. It's just that we agree with the millions of refugees over the past 130 years who fled here to escape the same policies liberals want for the US.
  • Hopscotch Georgia50 2013/01/08 18:35:53
    Hopscotch
    +8
    You give it teeth......teeth
  • jeane Hopscotch 2013/01/10 14:48:29
    jeane
    CONSERVATIVE CHRISTIANS laid the great foundations of tolerance, generosity, enlightenment that you are TRYING to espouse with your INTOLERANCE AND GREED.
  • Hopscotch jeane 2013/01/10 16:31:56
    Hopscotch
    I'm afraid that has already happened, long ago........Too bad there's no evidence of them today. The "INTOLERANCE AND GREED." are not mine, but CONSERVATIVES.

Besides..Why then is a CONSERVATIVE CHRISTIAN not interested in tolerance, generosity, enlightenment today? I have been a so called "CONSERVATIVE CHRISTIAN", and I became enlightened because I didn't like the hypocrites they had become. Professing one thing and doing another completely the opposite. There's no honesty in that!
  • jeane Hopscotch 2013/01/10 19:17:51
    jeane
    LOL - LIBERAL INTOLERANCE to anything but their IDEOLOGY is legendary!! LIBERAL INTOLERANCE LIBERAL INTOLERANCE LIBERAL INTOLERANCE
  • Hopscotch jeane 2013/01/10 20:14:41
    Hopscotch
    You're really funny............ROFL

"A great many people think they are actually thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices." -- William James

"The right wings take on reality". It may leave your head spinning, but at least it leaves your head spinning.

william james wings reality leave head spinning leaves head spinning
  • bob h. Georgia50 2013/01/08 21:46:03 (edited)
    bob h.
    Or not. Immigration  Mexico Of the to 10 immigration countries, not one is from an industrialized country.
  • Georgia50 bob h. 2013/01/08 22:12:46
    Georgia50
    +1
    Wow! That is amazing! I'm simply speechless! Look everyone...if you analyze immigration patterns between the US and Mexico, you won't find a single immigrant to the US from an industrialized nation! Who knew?

Gosh...I gotta call the NYT and see if they can stop the presses in time to get this above the fold on page one!

/sarcastic overdrive
  • Mary Mary bob h. 2013/01/08 22:33:34
    Mary Mary
    +1
    Exactly and now they blame Obama
  • Mary Mary Georgia50 2013/01/08 22:32:45
    Mary Mary
    +1
    Guess those millions weren't at the polling booth on Election Day huh
  • say what? 2013/01/08 17:43:48
    say what?
    +2
    It is not the governments responsibility to provide people with jobs, homes, food, etc.. It is the governments responsibility to abide by, protect and preserve the constitution and our civil liberties. A truly free and unrestrained society can provide their own jobs, homes and food. Free citizens can voluntarily band together to help the needy in their mist without government interference.
  • claona say what? 2013/01/08 17:58:16
    claona
    +2
    I think you are kinda lost in some 'mist'
  • say what? claona 2013/01/08 18:08:13
    say what?
    An expected view of a willing subject.
  • bob h. say what? 2013/01/08 21:51:23
    bob h.
    +2
    That's what they tell the suckers, when they rip off every dime and give it to the 1%.
  • Mary Mary bob h. 2013/01/08 22:34:37
    Mary Mary
    +1
    I like you Bob
  • robert bob h. 2013/01/09 01:30:42
    robert
    Good thing you got obama to steal the money back huh? Why doesn't he use the redistributed wealth to pay down the debt? No chance right?
  • sjalan claona 2013/01/08 20:03:26
    +4
    Since "say what?" has me blocked, I'll answer here.

@ "say what?" -- Your statement is almost word for word what was said by Hitler in 1938 Germany.

To bad you don't see the reality of what has happened to America.

We have roughly 323000000 citizens in the US (not including non citizens). This last general election was the largest turnout EVER with ONLY 126800000 who VOTED. 7300000 are under 18 can't vote. Did you know we have over 35000000 who have been convicted of a felony and can't vote? So that leaves 86900000. WHO DIDN'T VOTE!!!

The apathy in our country is at an all time high when if comes to running our country. WHY? because of the corruption and Fascist actions of the Republican/Tea Party. People see this obstructionist party day in and day out discourage and demean the very people which they are supposed to be working FOR!! kill bill after bill after bill that will improve our quality of life by bringing back jobs to the US via various NEEDED public works projects and as the same time see BILLIONS spent on everything EXCEPT what really needs to be addressed and that is REAL JOBS of which those created by US companies are mostly being sent out of the COUNTRY.!!!

You and your brand of Fascist Vulture Capitalism has nearly killed this country's ability to sustain itself. ...

You and your brand of Fascist Vulture Capitalism has nearly killed this country's ability to sustain itself. As a matter of real fact, if we didn't import the food that is imported we would have millions more who would be starving because why? Because we have mega-agraculture corporations that have taken over the food production in our country and THEY are the ones that control the FOOD SUPPLY! Where did the family farm and ranch go? Fields set idle and waste away due to neglect when these companies take them over or they get "used up" so that only artificial means will produce the food. It is truly a sad day when we can't supply our own food. (one of the warnings of the prophets was there will be food shortages)

You and your brand of Fascist Military Industrial Complex demands WARS to steal from the citizens to make the owners of those corporations richer still. YEP Eisenhower was correct.

"Until the latest of our world conflicts, the United States had no armaments industry. American makers of plowshares could, with time and as required, make swords as well. But we can no longer risk emergency improvisation of national defense; we have been compelled to create a permanent armaments industry of vast proportions."

"In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists, and will persist."

Yet your brand of Fascism which has come the America, thrives one a budget which is $634 BILLION DOLLARS! FULLY ONE THIRD OF OUR NATIONAL BUDGET!!! I'd call that UNDUE INFLUENCE when President Bush II took the US to WAR and made huge numbers of new billionaires off the WARS he pursued. We produce more weapons of war than any other nation in the world yet it is not the people who benefit but the owners of the military industrial complex that Eisenhower warned of.

You and your brand of Fascism is removing the basic civil rights of the citizens of the US faster than those actions can be litigated in the courts. In 1980's Ronald Reagan created the FEMA REX84 program which over the years created a shadow government program which was foisted upon our nation under the guise of Executive Orders (which are outside the control of the courts) In May 2011 Bush II consolidated those EO's into just TWO EO's. The Congress for three years hammered those two EO's into what we see today as NDAA, the largest single threat to personal freedoms our nation has ever seen..

Nope,you haven't a clue just how deep into a Fascist State the US has sunk and how few real freedoms we have today. OH the Representatives of the REAL Fascist Party of America, Let me introduce you.

The Four Headed Hydra of Fascism
    The Four Headed Hydra of Fascism began taking shape under Ronald Reagan with the Moral Majority vowing to take over or create its own party.

Head One. The existing Political Party taken over by the Rabid Radical Political REICH.

Head Two. The Rabid Radical Political REICH is Controlled by the Rabid Radical Religious REICH of the coalition of the Evangelical movement of Christendom.

Head Three. The Ultra Rich industrialists in the vain of the Koch Brothers and other Billionaires PLUS the major fund raisers like Karl Rove.

Head Four. The Propaganda arm under the guise of the Faux News owned by Rupert Murdock for TV and Newspapers PLUS the Radio groups owned by Clear Communications under BAIN CAPITAL featuring Rush Limbaugh and other mouthpieces. AND on the internet you have Glenn Beck

There you have the Four Headed Hydra of Fascism as it has developed here in the US -- Remember the words attributed to Sinclair Lewis It isn't IF but --

WHEN FASCIST COMES TO AMERICA IT WILL BE WRAPPED IN THE FLAG CARRYING A CROSS.

And YOU have helped if take a stronger foothold in the US than has ever happened before in our history.
  • jeane sjalan 2013/01/09 13:31:15
    jeane
    LOL - yeah Hitler wanted to protect CIVIL liberties. That is a good one! Socialism is great - UNTIL THE MONEY RUNS OUT!!
  • sjalan jeane 2013/01/10 06:21:35
    Jean, you haven't a CLUE! Not only did Hitler NOT want to protect Civil Liberties, he curtailed them in ways you cannot imagine. How do I know? My Great Uncle was a prisoner headed for Auschwitz when his train was diverted to a different camp and then was freed by the Allied forces from that camp. He then immigrated to the US.

What he told myself and my cousins about the violations of the basic civil rights and civil liberties of ALL the citizens of German and the countries they conquered during WWII, would curl even your toenails.
  • jeane sjalan 2013/01/10 14:36:10
    jeane
    SARCASM!!!!

I am well aware that Hitler considered democracy a joke - and so does Owebama.

I belong to Jewish Messianic congregation. Many have the same stories that you have. I have seen their tattoos. I REMEMBER!!
  • sjalan jeane 2013/01/10 16:45:00
    And well you should remember. Have you been to the Holocaust Museum in DC?

Your comment about The President, is uncalled. Frankly, the New American Fascist Party, aka The Republican/Tea Party, started back in the 1980's on a trek to their current state of dysfunction and delusion being corrupted as a political party by the Christo-Fascist of the "im"-Moral Majority and the vow of those leading that group to create or take over a political party so as to force their dogma, doctrines and beliefs upon our society.

Seems you haven't heard that we now have a Party of Fascism in the US.

The Four Headed Hydra of Fascism

Head Four. The Propaganda arm under the guise of the Faux News owned by Rupert Murdock for TV and Newspapers PLUS the Radio groups owned by Clear Comm...

>

The Four Headed Hydra of Fascism

There you have the Four Headed Hydra of Fascism as it has developed her in the US> Remember the words attributed to Sinclair Lewis It isn't IF but --

"WHEN FASCISM COMES TO AMERICA IT WILL BE WRAPPED IN THE FLAG CARRYING A CROSS."
  • Mary Mary say what? 2013/01/08 22:34:16
    Mary Mary
    It sure helps when they do our unemployment rate is under 5%
  • Grabitz 2013/01/08 17:43:13
    Grabitz
    +1
    No other place that I would rather be then in America so yes it is the greatest to me and I think the people are fantastic even if I disagree with 90% of them . I do agree we need a major face lift and this is what we should be working on not buying trinkets from China .
  • Mary Mary Grabitz 2013/01/08 22:37:01
  • Grabitz Mary Mary 2013/01/08 23:26:35
    Grabitz
    That must be an old movie because the Liberals have been winning , thats why the conservative are all up in arms . My country is the greatest country in the world simply because its my country and I have not lost one bit of faith in her people . Government I'm not so sure about but the American people are the greatest people ever . Not in any other country will you see such a veriety of everything .
  • Mary Mary Grabitz 2013/01/09 00:24:27
    Mary Mary
    How dumb are you it's not a movie it's a NEW series called The Newsroom look it up
  • Grabitz Mary Mary 2013/01/09 02:58:28
    Grabitz
    Movie , series whats the difference its a story something made up by some writer somewhere in the world . Now why did you have to go and call me dumb ? How dumb are you believing everything you see on TV ?
  • Mary Mary Grabitz 2013/01/09 03:08:11
    Mary Mary
    Lol made up,unless its something right lol
  • Grabitz Mary Mary 2013/01/09 19:14:23
    Grabitz
    Ive seen both sides make up things and plenty of them . The right is just making up a lot for some reason acting like fools ever since Bush . Its kind of embarrassing to my country if you ask me . Still all and all that " series " was what the writer believes and I think he is wrong .
  • Comment... Grabitz 2013/01/09 14:07:08
    Commenting_one
    You might try saying "our country", since it is not "yours".
  • Grabitz Comment... 2013/01/09 19:00:27 (edited)
    Grabitz
    Well I was talking to Mary Mary a foreigner , she has her country and I have mine so to her it is my country unless she is talking to all of you . If so then ours if just talking to me then its mine .
  • Comment... Grabitz 2013/01/10 05:51:30
    Commenting_one
    +1
    Okay.. I just reacted since I've seen some here refer to it that way when talking to the opposite party. I just feel that some do not possess specific "ownership" of it, when it is the country of all who reside within it.

2014/12/18 21:03:13