AP Misleads, Claims Cheney Received Special Treatment Another in the Series of the Lying Left Lamestream Media

KCurtis 2012/03/28 11:57:06

Like
Jerry Seinfeld, the Associated Press did a masterful job of making a
story out of nothing this weekend after news broke that former Vice
President Dick Cheney was the recipient of a heart transplant.

In fact, APs first paragraph is
one of those masterful bits of psychological manipulation along the
lines of the old rhetorical trick that goes: "when did you stop beating
your wife?"

With
its first paragraph the AP cast doubt on the propriety of Cheney
getting a heart transplant, raised the specter of Cheney getting
"special treatment" (even while denying he did) and played the age card
to boot pointing out that many "thousands of younger people" are still
waiting while Cheney is now walking around with a new heart.

The nerve of that guy.

Of
course, the whole paragraph is geared to cause doubt about the
propriety of Cheney getting his transplant even while hiding under
plausible deniability that this was its purpose.

Here is that first paragraph:

Doctors say it is unlikely that former Vice President Dick Cheney got
special treatment when he was given a new heart at age 71 that
thousands of younger people also were in line to receive.

Think
about this. If doctors say it is "unlikely" Cheney got "special
treatment," then what the heck is this story here for? Of course, what
the AP did here is classic. They put the idea that Cheney did get
special treatment in reader's minds even while saying he didn't.

Read More: http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2012/03/28...

• Concerned Citizen 2012/03/28 12:13:12 (edited)
    Concerned Citizen
    +16
    Dick Cheney is fully aware that life itself is a gift,...and has a far more stronger will to keep living,....than do most of his younger opponents.

A desire to live is not a crime,....only a blessing!

• seadog6608PWCM 2012/03/30 00:04:41
  • pbunny 2012/03/30 00:01:50
    pbunny
    +2
    My Mother died at age 71. Up to the time she died she was a very vibrant productive individual who gave everything she had to her family, friends and community. Any means we had at our disposal were used to try to save her. Everyone has a right to survive if they can. I just don't think radical leftists respect life at all. If they think 71 is too old and a fetus is too young then were is that sweet spot? That time when it is okay to be alive and healthy? I don't think we need them making those kinds of decisions for anyone but themselves.
  • KCurtis pbunny 2012/03/30 00:28:01
    KCurtis
    +2
    Whoever thought survival would depend on the government?
  • pbunny KCurtis 2012/03/30 00:44:51
    pbunny
    +1
    Nobody if they had a brain that worked. What ever happened to all those people who hated the government and would never trust it?
    hippies demonstrate vietnam wars
    jane fonda in viet nam
    protesting viet nam

They drank the kool aid. Dumb *****.
  • KCurtis pbunny 2012/03/30 10:32:14
    KCurtis
    +1
    LOLz yup Dumb Masses.
  • Angela 2012/03/29 22:52:27
    Angela
    +1
    All I can say is this..how or why do you give a heart transplant to a man that never had one in the first place? Isn't Cheney needed somewhere necessary like..hunting for instance?
  • seadog6... Angela 2012/03/30 00:06:15
  • Angela seadog6... 2012/03/30 01:39:39
    Angela
    +2
    Oh..okay, well I get your point..
  • KCurtis Angela 2012/03/30 00:29:09
    KCurtis
    +3
    Cheney has always had a heart. It was not always untainted but it was always American.
  • Angela KCurtis 2012/03/30 01:40:01
    Angela
    +2
    true true..
  • Defend ... Angela 2012/03/30 12:26:28
    Defend Western Civlization
    i see more of your RACIST HATE from the DNC
  • Angela Defend ... 2012/03/31 14:08:04
    Angela
    +1
    Listen..I am not a racist..and why are you replying per this notion of yours on a thread about Cheney? Go straight to h, e, double hockey sticks. If you want a confrontation than I advise you to bring your wits en force, your intellect en force, and your 'army' en force..I am a one (wo)man army, but I fight the good fight, and losing? Well it's not an option. So dear lady, bring it all..watch and learn..
  • Defend ... Angela 2012/03/31 15:21:14
    Defend Western Civlization
    Again more propaganda from the terrorist Anti Semite Regime of obama bin laden
    Americans will be interested in your Racist Hate of Cheney
    And this is a Election Year
  • Angela Defend ... 2012/03/31 15:41:54
    Angela
    +1
    Listen up..I am an American with conservative values, a non politicized person. I abhor ANYONE from either party who embraces secret societies and the Bohemian Grove..if you do, well then you are just other luciferian occultist sympathizer who hasn't a clue about what this is all really about. So, spare me your ill thought out judgements, they have no merit..evil is evil, no matter what partisan face it wears. Skull and Bones has an occultist doctrine and membership..Bohemian Grovites worship the owl god Moloch..if you have a tendency for these things..then pat yourself on the back for pretending to be a conservative American. You are just another malformed and mal informed poiticized entity. I neither support nor respect that position. Personally, I don't give a fig about what our opinion is of me..And this is your argument? Wow this is far easier than I thought it might be..
  • Defend ... Angela 2012/03/31 17:54:33
    Defend Western Civlization
    And next your gonna say the Space Aliens beamed tower 7 to mars
  • Angela Defend ... 2012/03/31 22:29:18
    Angela
    +1
    Go ahead make fun..actually I had agreed with you on the Obama situation, but you will not embrace truth because it doesn't fit into your partisan agenda. Do I care? NO..why should I, it's your butt in the NWO sling not my own. So good luck in your myopic future..you are certainly going to need it lady!!
  • Defend ... Angela 2012/03/31 22:48:26
    Defend Western Civlization
    liberal progressive democrats Democrats believe the Jews rule America and did 9/11 not muslim terrorist
  • Angela Defend ... 2012/03/31 22:56:54
    Angela
    +1
    Reality check, I'm a 120% American patriot, I value my Bill of Rights, my Constitution and my God given freedoms...and I believe it was an inside job involving our own, as well as the Zionist cabal and some Muslims. You can believe what you want..you wont even accept the act that Bush is Obama's cousin..genetics/lineage does not lie..so buy into this freemasonry, Skull and Bones, Knight's Templar, papal knight adjudacator's game plan for the NWO..both parties inbred elite are in the mix..wake up.
  • Defend ... Angela 2012/03/31 23:14:11
    Defend Western Civlization
    9/11 was done entirely by RACIST SEXIST muslim terrorist
    the idea that Jews had a part in 9/11 is Anti American
  • Angela Defend ... 2012/04/01 00:29:04 (edited)
    Angela
    I disagree..remain in your little Bush/Obama fed utopia..keep telling yourself that. The enemy is not just Obama, the enemy is all those with him and like him. Bush is with him..and unfortunately you have no perception, discernment. You see with the fruition of the NWO, people like you will probably not survive, because you cling to partisan lies, cling to partisan elitists because you feel comfortably patriotic. Wow, you are a TRUE patriot becaue you are loyal to your party, even the corruption within it. What does that make you?
  • Defend ... Angela 2012/04/01 00:44:58
    Defend Western Civlization
    the NWO is liberal progressives and muslim terrorist
  • Angela Defend ... 2012/04/01 00:50:15 (edited)
    Angela
    okay you are coocoo...keep buying that lie..(it's the elitist cabal..hello)..again repitition..proof anyone?? hellooooooo!!
  • KCurtis Angela 2012/04/03 23:55:00
    KCurtis
    I don't believe 9-11 was an inside job. I don't believe that GW Bush would have tolerated any terrorism within or nearby his administration. Nor do I believe Cheney or Rumsfeld would. We elect leaders. While I never voted for either Bush and I do not agree with leading by faith, I believe that both loved this country, our troops and our people. Far from what we have today. I don't believe NWO controls everyone and a true leader will be able to resist and refrain from leading the American people in the wrong direction. I know that we can fight, we can be united and we can elect people who will not follow some secret plan and panel to overtake the world. If NWO was even close they would already have had this nation in it grips, fully not partially. Long ago.
    So the two of you can have an open debate and prove your arguments to or against the status. When it all falls to the ground we as in USA wil need your help to make sure we elect the right people who can make the paradigm swing in the Conservative Direction.
    That's all I'll say.
  • Angela KCurtis 2012/04/04 11:05:58 (edited)
    Angela
    +1
    Understood KC, and well put..concentration needs to be placed on putting a conservative in office..the rest can be worked out later. Most importantly, get rid the the sitting president. Debating these issues are not helping anything..ty for the nudge..: )
  • KCurtis Defend ... 2012/04/03 01:55:30
    KCurtis
    Why are you fighting with Angela, don't you know we are all on the same side?
  • Defend ... KCurtis 2012/04/03 11:35:48 (edited)
    Defend Western Civlization
    this is a post from her
  • KCurtis Defend ... 2012/04/03 23:54:47
    KCurtis
    That's all I'll say.
  • Angela Defend ... 2012/04/01 00:31:41 (edited)
    Angela
    By the way are you done ranting yet? you have not proven any point whatsoever. You have merely repeated the same tired line, without ANY evidence. So spare me the bs okay?
  • Evan 2012/03/29 14:15:13
    Evan
    +2
    Under Obamacare, there will be loopholes for the elite to get whatever medical treatment they need., Actually Cheney is only 71, and it isn't until after 73 that people will no longer be able to get any major medical procedures. (One assumes that the rule won't apply to the elite.) I hope Obama lives to be 105, at least. That should give him plenty of time to "put up with some discomfort" that he thinks all seniors should put up with. (His words.)
  • DS in Oak Ridge NC 2012/03/29 12:57:38
    DS in Oak Ridge NC
    +2
    Deception taken to high levels... In addition to non-spin spin (kinda like saying 'there's no evidence Cheney ripped the still beating heart out of a veterans chest' - which doesn't say he did, but raises the specter of evil deeds), they omit facts like Cheney waited longer than average, so hearts others await may be theirs much sooner than his was.
  • Bevos 2012/03/29 12:39:00 (edited)
    Bevos
    +2
    ONLY with Obama's Healthcare bill, has there been a question that age should determine whether a person should be allowed to live or die. Because if that is the case, then there is no reason to study cures for anything. no reason for medicine, if you get sick, you die, then you are never a burden on anyone. And especially not the Govt.
    Thankfully, my husband got his pacemaker when he did"at age 84", I will have him a few more yrs. Next yr he would not have been allowed to have one.
  • Rodney 2012/03/29 07:19:39
    Rodney
    +3
    Dick was lucky. Had Obie Care been implemented, they would have given him an aspirin and sent him home. It's very typical of the media today.
  • Frank 2012/03/29 01:03:17
    Frank
    +4
    Left mainstream media is something I don't watch....
  • dave b 2012/03/29 00:47:37
    dave b
    +4
    What else could we expect from the scum Progressive Liberals?
  • ed 2012/03/28 23:30:53
    ed
    +4
    We can expect nothing but lies from the LSM,come to think of it they are just as good as obama at lying if not better.
  • Fashionable60s 2012/03/28 22:56:41 (edited)
    Fashionable60s
    +5
    Dick Cheney was implanted with Left Ventricle Assist Device (LVAD) for 20 months to prepare him for the eventual heart transplantation. The typical waiting period for a heart is between 6-24 months so he was waiting just for the right amount of time. About age limit? There was none, as much as the AP and the libtards wanted you to believe otherwise. Mr. Cheney did not get preferential treatment at all, the heart that matched his requirements just happened to be available at that time so he got it. The operative words in any transplantation of organs are tissue match. The libs have terrible habits of pulling out some rules out of a hat or crafted something up by themselves just to be different and the tyranny of it all, they don't want you to oppose or disagree with them no matter how off the wall their ideas are.
  • TruBluTopaz 2012/03/28 22:55:46
    TruBluTopaz
    +6
    Here's the deal. Transplant teams do all kinds of crossmatching for the best match of parts. It is possible that the heart given to Cheney was not appropriate in size for a smaller person. It is also possible that blood types were involved that would not work. AP is one of the two major news outlets and countless newspapers use their stories without question. AP will block anyone who questions their stories from their site. AP is being run by liberals for liberals.
  • Markie 2012/03/28 22:26:12
    Markie
    The Ex Vice President is entitled to a least one heart in his lifetime, even if he never had one before
  • Defend ... Markie 2012/03/30 12:29:05
    Defend Western Civlization
    i see more hate from the obama reelection committee
  • Markie Defend ... 2012/03/30 15:42:13
    Markie
    Sometimes you just need to fight fire with fire.

Be well

2014/08/30 00:30:10