"Anti-Christian harassment and discrimination"~~!!

"Abe" 2011/10/06 01:11:33

Dear Xxxxxxx,

Over the past years we have seen an alarming pattern of intrusive anti-Christian harassment and discrimination. This discrimination is literally coming right to the FRONT DOOR of Christians across America. With your continued prayers and support, and with God's grace, we are not going to let ANYONE deprive us of our religious liberty!

It is shocking to consider that the freedoms we all thought were safe can no longer be taken for granted in America. Did you ever imagine that we would have to worry about whether or not Christians could hold a Bible study in their own homes? This is America, not Communist China! But, this is what's at stake again right now in San Juan Capistrano, California.

This isn't the first time Christians have been attacked for worshipping in their own home. In 2009, a San Diego pastor and his wife experienced a rude awakening when a code enforcement officer came to their front door on Good Friday and issued them a CITATION. After holding Bible studies in their home for years the couple was now being questioned about their weekly meetings.

According to Mary Jones, the pastor's wife, the most startling thing was when the officer began to ask, "Do you have a regular weekly meeting in your home? Do you sing? Do you say 'amen'? Do you say, 'Praise the Lord'?" After responding "yes" to these questions, the pastor's wife was told "YOU MUST STOP THE MEETING IMMEDIATELY!"

A threatening follow up letter was sent to the Jones' by San Diego County. It told Pastor Jones to cease and desist from holding his Bible Study.

Why? The county considered them to be holding "religious assemblies" that required the Jones' obtain a Major Use Permit from the County. This application process would have taken months, cost thousands of dollars and Pastor Jones could have been denied.

The county official warned if they kept meeting without the permit they would be charged with escalating fines starting at $100 and going up to $1000. If they still did not comply, "then it will get ugly."

This attack on Pastor Jones' right to hold a Bible Study was extremely serious. The kind of questioning that took place by the county official was completely inappropriate. What about other meetings people have in their homes to watch ball games or sell Tupperware? Do they need a permit too? Why were the County's charges specifically directed against the Jones' religious practices?

Thankfully, after a very intense national effort to rally support for Pastor Jones, the charges were eventually dropped.

You may have hoped public officials would have learned their lesson, but more instances of this same kind of discrimination continue to emerge in places like Rancho Cucamonga, California and Gilbert, Arizona. But, just like in San Diego, each of these bogus citations were dropped after they were made public.

Now a family in San Juan Capistrano, California needs our help. They have become the most recent target. Chuck and Stephanie Fromm have found themselves subject to multiple fines over the past few months because of their weekly Bible Studies.

The Fromms have been holding their study for over 18 years in a spacious neighborhood in a large home situated on more than an acre of land. On one side of their street there are no houses and lots of room to park. It was only after a neighbor complained that the Fromms began to receive these fines.

City officials claim the Fromms are in violation of a code prohibiting religious gathering in residential neighborhoods without a permit. The group averages about 50 people at its Sunday gatherings, but there's no limit written in the city code so the City's enforcement appears to be arbitrary.

To target a group because they're religious is clearly unconstitutional. Religious home group meetings are part of our inalienable right to the free exercise of religion. City codes can't trump our liberty. There's no legitimate, constitutional reason for the City to start attacking the Fromm's meeting.

Christian home meetings go all the way back to the Book of Acts and the birth of the Church. They are an important part of church life for millions of Christians across America. To arbitrarily target Christians because of the religious content of their meetings is clearly a VIOLATION of our religious liberties.

So far the San Juan Capistrano City Council has been unresponsive to our inquiries. We must rally support for the Fromms. If we don't win this battle it won't be long until other cities will try to regulate our home meetings out of existence.

With your continued prayers and generous financial support we will increase the pressure on the San Juan Capistrano City Council to abolish these unconstitutional codes.

Please, pray for us and then send your best gift today. Help us as we fight to defend our precious religious freedom for all Americans.

For Christ and Liberty,

Dr. Gary L Cass, D. Min.

PS We can't let this anti-Christian discrimination stand! Please pray for the Fromms and help us stand with them. Send your most generous gift today! Click here to donate online.

Read More: http://defendchristians.org/

• Bastion 2011/10/24 19:54:14 (edited)
    Bastion
    It's not just a home bible study - the Frommes had turned their home into a church, violating zoning laws: ""The Fromm case further involves regular meetings on Sunday mornings and Thursday afternoons with up to 50 persons, with impacts on the residential neighborhood on street access and parking," she wrote."

It's very funny that American religious freedom is now seen by Christians as "discrimination".

No, you CAN'T have a theocracy. Sorry; welcome to America.
  • "Abe" Bastion 2011/10/25 00:17:05
    "Abe"
    Your "facts/link" for some proof of your statement, please?. Anyone can make an "accusation" as you just have. No, I'm not for a "theocracy". Spent over 30 years of my life "defending The Constitution of the United States" and The Declaration of Independence" (NOT "The United States OF AMERICA).~~!!

msgt

USAF, MGSt. (Ret.) 22 1/2 years, Vietnam vet and 8+ years US Army Federal Civil Service, GS-12, Management Analyst (including JFK SpecOps, Ft. Bragg, NC).
  • Bastion "Abe" 2011/10/25 13:29:02
    Bastion
    +1
    Well, good for you. Thank you profoundly for your service.

So? What "accusation" are you refering to?
  • "Abe" Bastion 2011/10/25 17:43:53
    "Abe"
    Read you own comments, please?
  • Bastion "Abe" 2011/10/25 18:25:34 (edited)
    Bastion
    My comments:

"It's not just a home bible study - the Frommes had turned their home into a church, violating zoning laws: ""The Fromm case further involves regular meetings on Sunday mornings and Thursday afternoons with up to 50 persons, with impacts on the residential neighborhood on street access and parking," she wrote."

No, you CAN'T have a theocracy. Sorry; welcome to America."

So, again; What accusation?

OOOPS! Blocked. Well, sorry if you can't deal.
  • "Abe" Bastion 2011/10/26 00:36:56
    "Abe"
    You're "hopeless". Again - I do NOT live in "America". I live in "The United States" (see the front cover of "The Constitution of The United States"} (if you even have one)~~!

You 'talk" like a "progressive politician", - "zoning laws", "probably had a BIG sign on the front of their house saying "The FROMME NON - DENOMINATIONAL CHURCH (or some such, huh?), 50 people in their house (bet there's "parties" in that area with more people than that on Friday nights, huh?, "residential neighborhood.

IMHO, you are the "intolerant" one. Get lost~~!!
  • John Storz 2011/10/06 18:23:57
    John Storz
    +1
    Meh, all religions have it coming, 'cept maybe the Jews...
  • "Abe" John Storz 2011/10/06 20:26:17
    "Abe"
    Whatever?????????????
  • jabroniman 2011/10/06 17:23:36 (edited)
    jabroniman
    +2
    Christians deserve all the harassment they get and more. No other group has meddled in the affairs of people in the name of their ridiculous beliefs that Christians. Eff em!
  • John Storz jabroniman 2011/10/06 18:21:41
    John Storz
    +1
    Muslims are doing a hell of a job catching up, though...
  • jabroniman John Storz 2011/10/06 18:44:37
    jabroniman
    +1
    That they are, which is a reason I think organized religion as we know it needs to vastly change or go away all together.
  • John Storz jabroniman 2011/10/06 18:48:01
    John Storz
    +1
    agreed
  • Jacob John Storz 2011/11/03 17:35:41
    Jacob
    Yeah, like all the murders, church desecration and Coptic slaughter in Egypt.
  • "Abe" jabroniman 2011/10/06 20:28:01 (edited)
  • JustMe 2011/10/06 05:36:41
    JustMe
    +2
    Its about time they get a taste of what they put so many other groups through. I have nothing against people believing and having their thoughts, but its when they start trying to force it onto others and judging and trying to indoctrinate others that I begin to have a problem. George Carlin said it best with his commandment: Thou salt keep thy religion to thy self.

I guess its the second half of the scripture, Do unto others as you would have them do unto you coming back to haunt them
  • "Abe" JustMe 2011/10/06 20:31:40
    "Abe"
    All "agnostic, aetheist", ot otherwise "wacko" answers - so far. Why am I surprised? NOT~~!!
  • Jacob JustMe 2011/11/03 17:37:47
  • Maxine 2011/10/06 04:25:36
    Maxine
    +1
    This is too scary--whose idea is this? Has the goverment and our elected officials forgotten God? Have we non-christians representating us? There used to be a minister next door that would hold Bible study and also across the street. No one said a word. They would sing very loud--but it was nice. The minister across the street took too many parking places.
  • seathan... Maxine 2011/10/06 05:22:25
    seathanaich
    +1
    "No one said a word."

Of course not. If they had, they would have been subjected to hatred within their community which takes many forms: discrimination, property damage, boycotting of their business (if they ran one), bullying of their children, etc, etc.
  • "Abe" seathan... 2011/10/06 20:34:50
    "Abe"
    Dumb@ss Canadian - what do you care? You don't live here. Go away.
  • Maxine seathan... 2011/10/09 22:37:06
    Maxine
    Wow--and they say America is free? When I read or hear something it makes me wonder why?
  • "Abe" Maxine 2011/10/10 00:16:37
    "Abe"
    HUH?
  • "Abe" Maxine 2011/10/06 20:33:28
    "Abe"
    Not sure about the minister~~!! :)
  • Dum Luk 2011/10/06 04:04:20
    Dum Luk
    +4
    If it were happening to Muslims, the Christians would be cheering it as a wonderful thing.
  • BattleB... Dum Luk 2011/10/06 04:08:02
    BattleBattlerBenji (PHAET)
    How true ^_^
  • "Abe" BattleB... 2011/10/06 20:37:33
    "Abe"
    You don't live here, either. Bye.
  • "Abe" Dum Luk 2011/10/06 20:36:13
    "Abe"
    Hummph - what a profile. LWNJ - Troll. Go away, also.
  • seathanaich 2011/10/06 04:02:36
    seathanaich
    +5
    The whining of Christians about the PRIVELEGES they are now losing is similar to the whining that men did when women won the RIGHT to be treated as equal humans.

The whining of Christians about the PRIVELEGES they are now losing is similar to the whining that whites did when blacks won the RIGHT to be treated as equal humans.

The whining of Christians about the PRIVELEGES they are now losing is similar to the whining that heterosexuals are still doing as homosexuals win the RIGHT to be treated as equal humans.

And so on. Priveleges and rights are two very different things. Priveleges come at the expense of the rights of other people.
  • JustMe seathan... 2011/10/06 05:17:19
    JustMe
    +1
    Well said
  • andrew 2011/10/06 03:44:08
    andrew
    +1
    soda head is a bad place to talk about christianity. some are able to quote a verse or two of the bible - but have no understanding of god and what it means to be a believer. you are courageous for setting this up.
  • "Abe" andrew 2011/10/06 20:39:52
    "Abe"
    I guess - thanks. Seems all "non-Christian" responses. Typical. No Chritians willing to STAND UP and be heard??
  • Maxine "Abe" 2011/10/09 22:53:37
    Maxine
    +1
    I am covered by the blood of Jesus--He died for you and for me. He is my Savior, My life and my Best friend. Without Him--I am nothing--with Him I have everything. I love Him and worship--but I DO NOT force my beliefs on any one. We live in America where there is freedom of religion.
  • "Abe" Maxine 2011/10/10 00:19:03
    "Abe"
    So am I , dear Maxine. I don't force my beliefs on anyone, either. Just telling it like I see it. Take it or leave it - matters not to me - most times.
  • 8mariedawn6 2011/10/06 02:26:34
    8mariedawn6
    +1
    Lord I come to you and ask you to please be with these people and all the rest of us .give us the strength to deal with such crazy things that you have warned us about.Please help us to win this fight over Bible study in the home.I ask this in Jesus name.Amen. blessing
  • "Abe" 8maried... 2011/10/06 20:40:30
  • Maxine 8maried... 2011/10/09 22:50:39
    Maxine
    +1
    I love this I am Irish. Thanks for sharing. God bless,
  • "Abe" Maxine 2011/10/10 00:41:21
    "Abe"
    Amen.
  • Razoreye001 2011/10/06 01:52:37 (edited)
    Razoreye001
    +3
    Yeah you have freedom of religion but I have freedom to laugh at crackpot Delusions that have no solid basis in reality. You shouldn't discriminate first and then complain about being discriminated against after people realize you are ignorant.
  • seathan... Razorey... 2011/10/06 04:06:51
    seathanaich
    Calling them "theories" is unecessarily deferential. Religious beliefs are not "theories", they are religious beliefs, and calling them theories confuses uneducated people into thinking that "theory" means "crazy idea I thought up". This is a problem, and leads to them saying silly things like "evolution is only a theory". If you want to criticise religion successfully, it's important to use the word "theory" properly in discussions about religion. Cheers.
  • Razorey... seathan... 2011/10/06 22:00:44
    Razoreye001
    true I should have used the word delusion instead.

2014/10/20 08:27:10