Another sign Dems are writing off Obama

Obama Failed Soda Head Chief Opi 2012/06/22 13:42:49

The grown-ups in the Democratic Party are looking beyond what they anticipate will be Barack Obama's single term, and positioning themselves to survive the aftermath. How else to explain the words of "Obama surrogate" Ed Rendell, former governor of Pennsylvania and Chairman of the Democratic National Committee, and Hillary Clinton acolyte? Bill McMorris of the Washington Free Beacon reports:

A top Obama surrogate said the president will not have to worry about a swooning media or crowds overcome by fainting spells in 2012.

"The media and the population saw him as this transformative figure [in 2008]; he was the first serious black candidate, a new, young, promising figure," said former Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell. "People have sobered to that; the newness has faded and people now see him as another practical politician."

Rendell is known for being blunt, a theme he touches on in his new book, A Nation of Wusses, and a trait that has gotten him in hot water on the campaign trail.

Rendell was a passionate supporter of Hillary Clinton in 2008, and is reputed to remain close to both of the Clintons. As I wrote 11 days ago:

Panic is setting in among the people who ran the Democratic Party prior to the miraculous arrival on the scene of Barack Hussein Obama and the perfect storm of events that propelled him into the White House.

These people, starting with Bill Clinton, the master Democratic politician of our era, can read the tea leaves

The Democratic scorpions are sharing a bottle. Couldn't happen to a nicer party.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2012/06/another_sign_dems...

• Andy 2012/06/22 15:05:04
    Yes, Panic is setting in among the people who ran the Democratic Party: Comme...
    Andy
    +9
    The true colors of Obama are finally starting to shine through... and proving him a fraud and liar!! NOBAMA - 2012!!!

• HOMBRE 2012/06/25 00:44:17
    HOMBRE
  • Obama F... HOMBRE 2012/06/25 00:48:48
    Obama Failed Soda Head Chief Opi
    +2
    this country has never had the level of dumbed down, indoctrinated idiots that we now have.
  • HOMBRE Obama F... 2012/06/26 16:34:16
  • Obama F... HOMBRE 2012/06/26 16:38:16
    Obama Failed Soda Head Chief Opi
    +1
    Yup, hard fact about Obama fairer
  • Red 2012/06/23 03:59:25
  • Obama F... Red 2012/06/23 04:31:28
    Obama Failed Soda Head Chief Opi
    +2
    I make my own mind about my vote: that the way it should be. thank for your reply
  • KrSpo 2012/06/22 18:50:25
    Sorry G.O.P wishful thinking, Obama going to win: Comment if you lkie
    KrSpo
    +1
    If the best you have is the profiteer Romney, then you might want to start identifying your 2016 candidate.
  • Debowman KrSpo 2012/06/23 04:52:25
    Debowman
    +2
    Most people's guess will be Mitt running for re election in 2016.
  • Diane Spraggs Yates 2012/06/22 18:16:32
    Diane Spraggs Yates
    +4
    Economy is in a failure and our lives have not improved under Obama but gotten worst His voting 129 times of voting present and being a Community Oranganizers was not a good enough resume' for President !!!!!
  • Obama F... Diane S... 2012/06/22 18:19:05
    Obama Failed Soda Head Chief Opi
    +3
    Yup, Lame stream media, had do there job vetting Obama , we would be, were we are today.
  • Dwight PWCM 2012/06/22 17:54:54
    Not sure: if this mean anything thing: Comment if you like
    Dwight PWCM
    +4
    Not that I care much, but the party of FDR, HST and JFK has been in a downwards spiral since LBJ. The political assination of Barry Goldwater was the opening shot in a war of personal distruction that Democrats have waged on everyone with spine to fight them, and whinned when it was waged against their own.

In recent decades partisanship had deepened as personal attacks have taken precident over policy battles and intellectual debate. And the party most likely to fire the opening shot of each fight, is also the first to claim foul.

It won't hurt my sence of justice to see them go away.
  • Obama F... Dwight ... 2012/06/22 17:59:13
    Obama Failed Soda Head Chief Opi
    +6
    failures of Liberalism that have brought America to the brink of financial failure as the result of its misbegotten belief in Big Government, unsustainable “entitlement” programs, and its penchant for taxing everything
  • Dwight ... Obama F... 2012/06/22 18:12:31
    Dwight PWCM
    +2
    that about covers it.
  • Son Of Anubis™ 2012/06/22 17:16:07
    No: Panic is not setting in among the people who ran the Democratic Party: Co...
    Son Of Anubis™
    +4
    Damn menat to pick Yes...damn SH with moving screens.....

Ayways....couldn't happen to a nicer bunch!
  • Obama F... Son Of ... 2012/06/22 17:32:03 (edited)
    Obama Failed Soda Head Chief Opi
    +6
    damn SH with moving screens, i agree , driving me up the wall
  • chgo 2012/06/22 16:56:23
    chgo
    republicans are dumb. everything they touch they destroy. these are the same morons (63 percent of them) who believe that Saddam Hussein had WMDs when we invaded in 2003, despite even George W. Bush's acknowledgment that he didn't.
    http://andrewsullivan.thedail...
  • tommyg ... chgo 2012/06/22 18:13:19
    tommyg - POTL- PWCM-JLA
    +2
    You stole this from another post! LOL Proud might get pissed.
  • words t... tommyg ... 2012/06/22 18:41:38
  • tommyg ... words t... 2012/06/23 01:41:18
    tommyg - POTL- PWCM-JLA
    +3
    Not funny? I thought it was worth a chuckle.

And it was true. nugget and I went back and forth on it earlier today.
    +4
    Go figure.
  • Obama F... Ken 2012/06/22 17:36:15
    Obama Failed Soda Head Chief Opi
    +4
    What ever works!
  • Bob, the reasonable one 2012/06/22 16:06:07
    Bob, the reasonable one
    +3
    I wouldn't call it panic, I would call it very concerned!!!
  • Obama F... Bob, th... 2012/06/22 17:34:32 (edited)
    Obama Failed Soda Head Chief Opi
    +3
    Now there, Hope and change, i can believe in, lol
  • cmdrbnd007 2012/06/22 15:19:44
    cmdrbnd007
    +7
    Let's face it, the economy still sucks, unemployment is still too high, it looks as if we might be heading into another recession, after the latest G20 meeting the Obama looks like he's completely out of touch and ill-informed. None of these things are good for Obama and he and his people are going around trying to tell us that things are better. Just remember what Carville said, "It's the economy, Stupid."
  • Obama F... cmdrbnd007 2012/06/22 17:33:46
    Obama Failed Soda Head Chief Opi
    +6
    Obama has proven to be such a horror as President that people will draw a lesson from it. But there are just too many people who will still vote for him
  • cmdrbnd007 Obama F... 2012/06/23 13:09:23
    cmdrbnd007
    +2
    And that's what scares me.
  • Live Free Or Die 2012/06/22 15:17:56
    Live Free Or Die
    +1
    Our radio stations, especially the A.M. ones are flooded with Right Wing talk radio. I call it hate radio and propaganda. That's all it is. The Republicans always use dishonest tactics to smear their opponents. I call them the party of UGLY. Anything they are for, I'm dead set against.

I don't know if Obama will win, but I think he should win.
  • Bob, th... Live Fr... 2012/06/22 16:05:18
    Bob, the reasonable one
    +7
    That's the problem with the Left....other dissenting opinions they want to label as Hate Speech. The LW had Air America and they resorted to violent rhetoric all the time, yet the true belivers from the Left didn't see anything hateful in their rhetoric....whereas LWingers have to interpret "outrage" from Conservative speakers. They came up with the theory of "coded words" which they insist truly reflected what was actually written or spoke.

If you believe that the Left is the fount of truth, then there is the pity. It also displays a mind that has been closed and eyes that are blinded.
  • words t... Bob, th... 2012/06/22 18:44:56
  • Live Fr... Bob, th... 2012/06/22 18:59:19
    Live Free Or Die
    It's not dissenting opinions that are hateful, but lies and omissions. To say that the Democratic Party is writing off Obama is to say that all those Democratic voters are being written off too. If that isn't hate, what is? But hey, if you tell a lie often enough it becomes the truth, right?
  • Bob, th... Live Fr... 2012/06/22 19:20:50
    Bob, the reasonable one
    +2
    The man they are talking about in this article is a long-time Democrat Ed Rendell....he's been working the trenches for the Dems for decades..no one has more street cred about the Dem machine than him...

Omissions and deflections are the handiwork of both extreme elements of both parties...to think that only one party is the fount of truth is wrong-headed..for every outrage you can list from the Repubs...I can list two outrages coming from the Left...just sayin. It's up to you to be discerning and not condone the outrages when they come from your party...
  • Live Fr... Bob, th... 2012/06/22 19:52:18
    Live Free Or Die
    +1
    I don't see the Democrats and the left making the claim that Romney is being written off by the Republican party based on something a Democrat said that doesn't necessarily in and of itself represent how he feels about the President. I've seen Fox do that with Clinton's statements as well, just twist them and leave things he's said otherwise that were positive out of it.

Now if you can show me some left wing extremist making these claims, it isn't mainstream like the claims being made by the Republicans, that we are writing President off. I can assure that most Democrats are not going to be voting for Romney and most of us do not intend to stay home, either.
  • Bob, th... Live Fr... 2012/06/22 20:06:37
    Bob, the reasonable one
    +2
    No? Really? I could provide all kinds of examples of Dems criticizing Romney because he isn't conservative enough for the Republican party..that's a common mantra at MSNBC

Another common thing for LW talking heads is to show clips of Romney flip flopping on issues yet they don't report Obama's flip flopping on issues..we are supposed to forget what Obama had said as a senator, or what he has said on the campaign trail, what he said just the year before...
  • Live Fr... Bob, th... 2012/06/22 20:38:03
    Live Free Or Die
    +1
    That's not what I asked you. Where did the LW make the claim that the Republican party has written Romney off?
  • Bob, th... Live Fr... 2012/06/22 23:21:21
  • Live Fr... Bob, th... 2012/06/23 00:08:53
    Live Free Or Die
    I don't see this as untruthful in the way the Right has characterized the Democratic party as having written the President off and/or leaving out by omission or lying about anything specifically about him. All this says to me is that Republicans don't agree with all of Romney and Ryan's plans and maybe some religious bias suspected of evangelicals. Michael Steele countered it well and I tend to agree with how he countered both.
  • Debowman Live Fr... 2012/06/23 05:07:30
    Debowman
    +2
    However it seems you forget that this is a Democrat writing off the President, not a right wing anything. The right didn't characterize this, the left did, however somehow you flipped the script and said the right then turned this into a arguement on what the right was doing, never once acknowledging that this is the left making the statements. Can we say truly blinded
  • Live Fr... Debowman 2012/06/23 05:22:59
    Live Free Or Die
    Not quite, the article itself is an attack on the Democrats. Romney is not a favorite, but Republicans will stick with him just like we'll stick with Obama. See you in November.
  • Debowman Live Fr... 2012/06/23 05:35:52
    Debowman
    +2
    Yup. I'll be the one celebrating
  • Live Fr... Debowman 2012/06/23 05:38:17
    Live Free Or Die
    Whatever.

2014/08/30 00:34:39