Another Obama employee-"The rich have an obligation to pay more taxes!".....will this constant harping finally grate on Americans Nerves? What say you?

Space Invader 2012/04/13 01:26:45
‘FAIRNESS’: LABOR SEC SAYS ‘MILLIONAIRES & BILLIONAIRES‘ HAVE AN ’OBLIGATION’ TO PAY MORE TAXES
Speaking at Al Sharpton’s annual convention of the National Action Network in Washington, D.C., on Thursday, Labor Secretary Hilda Solis told her audience that “millionaires and billionaires” have “an obligation” to pay more in taxes.
(Related: Solis decorates Labor Dept. with activist images, including marching with Al Sharpton)
“It’s about fairness,” Secretary Solis said while explaining President Obama’s re-election platform.“It’s about fairness in the workplace; it’s about fairness in education; and it’s about fairness in terms of what services are provided by government. And if we can’t have say-so in that, then this isn’t the dream that all of us have aspired to be a part of.”
“If people aren’t paying their taxes, those that can afford it, the billionaires and millionaires — even the folks as you’ve heard yesterday that were in the White House that agreed to pay more. They want to pay more because they know it’s their obligation!” she added:

Solis spoke of her own experiences growing up as a first generation American and said that her parents were “seeking the American dream for their children.” She touted Labor Department programs that help veterans, minority women, and the long-term unemployed while criticizing Republicans for wanting to reduce the safety net.
She also spoke about President Obama’s policies, saying that they’re intended to help everyone.
“And I know how are economy can come back and I realize that all of us have our own way of making a difference in this country. And I know that the president believes that,” she said.

“That’s why he’s putting forward an agenda that says he wants to see an America, an America that helps every single one of us. Not those that are privileged, not those that can afford fancy lawyers and lobbyists but people, everyday people.”
“An America, as he says it, that is built to last for every single one of us and our children and our grandchildren,” she added.
The Labor Secretary continued:
President Obama has said that in the face of our challenges we’re going to have to answer a central question as a country: can we succeed as a country where a shrinking number of people do increasingly well while a growing number struggle to get by?
Or are we better off when everyone gets a fair shot and everyone does their fair share and everyone plays by the same rules?
That is what is at the heart of this national debate that the president has brought us into –and the other side of the aisle — because this is where we know we have to go. We have to have this discussion.
[...]
So I want to ask you if you’re going to help us march again. I want to ask you if you’re going to help us organize and I want to make sure that we’re accountable and that we are out there and that we not just fire ourselves up, you know, get excited, but I mean that we give it all that we got.
“We’re better off when everyone gets a fair shot,” she said.

• NPC 2012/04/13 01:32:52
    We are sick of it!!
    NPC
    +4
    Barack's continued chirping about Class Warfare and Redistribution of Income is very boring political rhetoric

• gary 2012/04/13 08:59:59
  • Dagon 2012/04/13 07:40:19
  • CUDDLY BUT STILL CRABBY 2012/04/13 05:23:20
    We are sick of it!!
    CUDDLY BUT STILL CRABBY
    +2
    Straight out from the Alinsky playbook.

Used to be we had Presidents that were pro-American and cheerleaders for all and everything AMERICAN.

Not anymore. And people DEFINITELY are noticing.

shut up obama
  • jtjustice 2012/04/13 03:11:15
    jtjustice
    +3
    Let's do this - ALL you fricken progressive socialist who earn more than the obama $250K pay 30% immediately - you are so hell bent with the you are not paying enough comments you need to step or shut-up...

All of the millionaire progressive swine who would NOT get a free pass on the obama socialist train will also need to pony up 30%...listen to the swine sequel from the pain of their own words - love it...
  • VoteOut 2012/04/13 02:08:43
    VoteOut
    +3
    Millionaires and billionaires do pay more taxes
  • CUDDLY ... VoteOut 2012/04/13 05:24:16
    CUDDLY BUT STILL CRABBY
    +3
    Why yes. They do. But rarely is that mentioned in the MSM. If ever.
  • Dale 2012/04/13 01:38:42 (edited)
    Dale
    +3
    What is fair? How much do you want to take from someone's hard earned, or maybe not so hard earned money? What is the cut-off amount? What is the base amount? How much should someone sitting on the couch pay? How much should second, third, or more generation welfare pay? If one has no skin in the game or a politician, it is very easy to spend(read tax) someone else's money. Although I am not in the highest tax bracket, I do pay taxes and ask myself, "If they tax the 'rich' a bit more, where will it end?" And I answer myself, "It ain't gonna' be with the 'rich' and you can believe that."
  • Space I... Dale 2012/04/13 10:56:06
  • Dale Space I... 2012/04/13 15:09:16
    Dale
    +1
    How very true is our Incumbent with his income redistribution.
    We are sick of it!!
    +3
    We could take every penny of their money and come nowhere close to paying down on the debt.
  • Mark In Irvine 2012/04/13 01:35:34
    Mark In Irvine
    why should the mega-rich pay taxes on their income at a lower rate than us working stiffs?
  • jtjustice Mark In... 2012/04/13 03:15:25
    jtjustice
    +1
    DULLARD - they do not pay less...you amongst others who suffer from terminal stupidity cannot seem to figure out the difference between a payroll tax income and dividends from investments...

Please go back to school, educate yourself at a Conservative school not socialist marxist colleges of the communist...Learn the difference and maybe you too can be rich some day - Nah, silly me, won't happen...
  • Mark In... jtjustice 2012/04/13 03:19:28
    Mark In Irvine
    you must be forgetting that the lower rates for investment income are the result of investor lobbying ... oh and by the way - flagged for obnoxiousness or hate speech or cyber-bullying or something ...
  • Mark In... Mark In... 2012/04/13 03:19:49
    Mark In Irvine
    hateful conduct
  • jtjustice Mark In... 2012/04/13 03:28:27
    jtjustice
    Flagged - LOL, bring it on...

Yes, lobbies for BOTH parties are guilty so get your facts correct before you spew more fecal matter...
  • Mark In... jtjustice 2012/04/13 03:43:49
    Mark In Irvine
    who's talking about the parties? certainly not me ... pay attention injustice ...
  • NPC 2012/04/13 01:32:52
    We are sick of it!!
    NPC
    +4
  • ὤTṻnde΄ӂ 2012/04/13 01:32:15
  • jtjustice ὤTṻnde΄ӂ 2012/04/13 03:18:31
    jtjustice
    Lets test your LIES...

I bet you do not pay between 28-35% for if you did, that means you would make upwards of $265K a year - do you make that kind of money...

Secondly, those who do not pay taxes are investors into a business like your heros from GE who made billions and paid - wait for it, wait for it - ZERO taxes...of course that fair because they are socialist swine like obama...

God you fricken people are dullards...
  • Space Invader 2012/04/13 01:27:32
    We are sick of it!!
    Space Invader
    +4
    Enough already you commies!! STFU!!!

2014/11/23 08:57:03