And so it begins> Reality Check! Obama Supporters Shocked, Angry at New Tax Increases (SUCKAS!!)

SK-pro scramnesty 2013/01/07 20:27:48

By Joseph Curl

Sunday, January 6, 2013

ANALYSIS/OPINION:

Sometimes, watching a Democrat learn something is wonderful, like seeing the family dog finally sit and stay at your command.

With President Obama back in office and his life-saving “fiscal cliff” bill jammed through Congress, the new year has brought a surprising turn of events for his sycophantic supporters.

“What happened that my Social Security withholding’s in my paycheck just went up?” a poster wrote on the liberal site DemocraticUnderground.com. “My paycheck just went down by an amount that I don’t feel comfortable with. I guarantee this decrease is gonna’ hurt me more than the increase in income taxes will hurt those making over 400 grand. What happened?”

Shocker. Democrats who supported the president’s re-election just had NO idea that his steadfast pledge to raise taxes meant that he was really going to raise taxes. They thought he planned to just hit those filthy “1 percenters,” you know, the ones who earned fortunes through their inventiveness and hard work. They thought the free ride would continue forever.

So this week, as taxes went up for millions of Americans — which Republicans predicted throughout the campaign would happen — it was fun to watch the agoggery of the left.

“I know to expect between $93 and $94 less in my paycheck on the 15th,” wrote the ironically named “RomneyLies.”

“My boyfriend has had a lot of expenses and is feeling squeezed right now, and having his paycheck shrink really didn’t help,” wrote “DemocratToTheEnd.”

“BlueIndyBlue” added: “Many of my friends didn’t realize it, either. Our payroll department didn’t do a good job of explaining the coming changes.”

So let’s explain something to our ill-informed Democratic friends. In 2009, Mr. Obama enacted a “holiday” on the payroll tax deduction from employees’ paychecks, dropping the rate from 6.2 percent to 4.2 percent. But like the holidays, the drop ended, and like New Year’s, the revelers woke up the next morning with a massive hangover and a pounding head.

“Bake,” who may have been trolling the site, jumped into the thread posted Friday. “My paycheck just went down. So did my wife’s. This hurts us. But everybody says it’s a good thing, so I guess we just suck it up and get used to it. I call it a tax increase on the middle class. I wonder what they call it. Somebody on this thread called it a ‘premium.’ Nope. It’s a tax, and it just went up.”

Some in the thread argued that the new tax — or the end of the “holiday,” which makes it a new tax — wouldn’t really amount to much. One calculated it would cost about $86 a month for most people. “Honeycombe8,” though, said that amount is nothing to sneeze at.

“$86 a month is a lot. That would pay for … Groceries for a week, as someone said. More than what I pay for parking every month, after my employer’s contribution to that. A new computer after a year. A new quality pair of shoes … every month. Months of my copay for my hormones. A new thick coat (on sale or at discount place). It would pay for what I spend on my dogs every month … food, vitamins, treats.”

The Twittersphere was even funnier.

“Really, how am I ever supposed to pay off my student loans if my already small paycheck keeps getting smaller? Help a sister out, Obama,” wrote “Meet Virginia.” “Nancy Thongkham” was much more furious. “F***ing Obama! F*** you! This taking out more taxes s*** better f***ing help me out!! Very upset to see my paycheck less today!”

“_Alex™” sounded bummed. “Obama I did not vote for you so you can take away alot of money from my checks.” Christian Dixon seemed crestfallen. “I’m starting to regret voting for Obama.” But “Dave” got his dander up over the tax hike: “Obama is the biggest f***ing liar in the world. Why the f*** did I vote for him”?

Of course, dozens of posters on DemocraticUnderground sought to blame it all (as usual) on President George W. Bush. “Your taxes went up because the leaders need to dig us out of this criminal deficit hole we are in which has been caused because taxes were too low during the Bush years. Everyone has to help by spreading the wealth around a little. Power to the correct people!” posted “Orinoco.”

But in fact, it was Mr. Obama who enacted the “holiday,” and, to be clear, the tax cut that he pushed throughout the campaign — remember? 98 percent of Americans will get a cut under his plan? — was really the extension of the Bush tax suts. Thus, it was Mr. Obama who raised taxes on millions of Americans, not Mr. Bush.

How many Americans? The nonpartisan Tax Policy Center in Washington put the total at 77.1 percent of all wage earners. In fact, “More than 80 percent of households with incomes between $50,000 and $200,000 would pay higher taxes. Among the households facing higher taxes, the average increase would be $1,635, the policy center said,” according to a Bloomberg News article. Hilariously, the tax burden will rise more for someone making $30,000 a year (1.7 percent) than it does for someone earning $500,000 annually (1.3 percent).

A whole new wave of Obama supporters still don’t even know: They’ll get their first 2013 paychecks on the 15th of the month. So when you’re shooting the breeze in the lunchroom with your grumbling co-workers on the 16th, just ask them, “Who’d you vote for in November?” When they say Mr. Obama, just tell them: “Well, you got what you voted for. You did know he was going to raise taxes, right?”

The looks on their faces will be priceless.

*bull; Joseph Curl covered the White House and politics for a decade for The Washington Times. He can be reached at jcurl@washingtontimes.com

• princess 2013/01/09 03:52:40
    princess
    +2
    It gives me great satisfaction that their income will be slapped down hard by all the higher taxes to come......they asked for it, they got it, they deserve it.
    Liberal IGNORANCE is a bitch.
  • Shifting Piece 2013/01/08 16:31:46
  • Mark P. 2013/01/08 12:46:29
    Mark P.
    +2
    They are gonna find out how many taxes are buried in that healthcare bill. Now Nancy Piglosi is calling for even higher taxes.
  • Soundstorm 2013/01/08 09:53:08
    Soundstorm
    +1
    There were no winners in this election. Mitt Romney would have only reduced the damage to this nation without really fixing the cause. We're stuck in the same place and Obama's suspension of credibility is played out no matter what you hear from his die hard supporters. Obama voters are still vicious and spiteful which is not the behavior of people who won an election. They'll continue to prattle on about the evil of the rich and demand taxing them more as the solution to our problems. But it's like even they know they're backed into the same corner as the rest of us.
  • ♥☆ ـــاطمةfēmàłėفـــــ☆♥
    So will Romney supporters if he was meant to be president.
  • Cat 2013/01/08 06:04:43
    Cat
    +3
    We tried to warn them, and they said we were hateful racists.
    Welcome to the undercarriage of the bus friends.
  • peggy 2013/01/08 03:08:11
  • KCurtis 2013/01/08 01:21:22
  • Dark Dragon Goddess 2013/01/08 01:15:27
    Dark Dragon Goddess
    +3
    Obama now has "swag" from the extra tax money
  • dubbie 2013/01/08 00:53:27
    dubbie
    +3
    Weird bunch who would vote for four years of that , Typical loons

bending over grabbing ankles
  • Just me ♥ 2013/01/07 23:49:51
    Just me ♥
    +5
    My paycheck on Friday was $200 less than normal...OUCH!
  • SK-pro ... Just me ♥ 2013/01/08 00:08:31
  • Just me ♥ SK-pro ... 2013/01/08 00:18:54
    Just me ♥
    +3
    Yeah, I about fell over when I checked my bank account on Saturday...that's $400 per month and that's just from THAT job. I have another job which I had took time off from during the holdiays so I havent earned a check from them yet this year and I make more money with them...this could be close to $1000 per month for me. My hubby only gets paid once per month so at the end of January, we'll be in for another shock...YIKES!
  • Dark Dr... Just me ♥ 2013/01/08 01:18:19
    Dark Dragon Goddess
    +2
    Damn that's insane!
  • K-ZOOMI... Just me ♥ 2013/01/08 01:19:26
    K-ZOOMI-----0
    +1
    Welcome to Obama's Economy finally!!! HAHAHA!
    Wait till Obamacare kicks in...Paychecks will plummet.
  • sbtbill 2013/01/07 23:10:33
    sbtbill
    +2
    Can we get just one of these threads going. I tired of pointing out the House wrote the extension of the payroll tax holiday out. This is the Republicans fault.
  • Sheηaηi... sbtbill 2013/01/08 00:25:43
    Sheηaηigaηs™
    +3
    Playing the blame game again.. LMAO
  • snipe sbtbill 2013/01/08 02:35:09 (edited)
    snipe
    +2
    You being the Prog/Socialist that you are I would think you would be thrilled by the end of the payroll tax Holiday. But, I guess since you get a chance to blame Republicans for something you're right there squealin' about it. And besides, it's a lot of money and obama needs all the money he can get. You do realize it was a reduction of 2% in the SS tax and cost SS $105 billion in 2011 and who knows by how much this time around. Some on obama's side claim it was coming out of the General fund, no matter who you believe, that's a lot of money needed by obama to pay for "free stuff". No wonder we didn't hear much screamin' from the Leftists and their leader his Highness barack, like we did in 2011, about extending it...he needs the money this time around!!!
  • sbtbill snipe 2013/01/08 06:49:17
    sbtbill
    +1
    Here is a little reality. I run a website called CosmeticsLydia.com. Now if someone buys a tube of lipstick it will last 3 to 6 months. So if I sell a tube to someone making a million dollars that means 4 sales a year. Lets say they like multiple colors. I might make 12 sales a year to that person.

Now if I can get 100 people making $50,000 a year they will likely buy 3 tubes each a year so I'll sell them about about 300 tubes. Guess which one I make the most money on.

So yes I don't care that much about the millionaire, but I do want to see the average person get more money. That is how business works.

I really didn't care that much about the tax increase for the upper 1%, I do care about the 2% point increase to social security because that will cost my customers money and me money. So knowing it would happen I did call my representatives about it. I usually don't bother with that conservative blue dog Obama.

By the way this has been mentioned all over MSNBC for the last couple months. So in general the left except for Chris Mathews as been talking about it.
  • snipe sbtbill 2013/01/08 17:12:50 (edited)
    snipe
    You do know that the SS tax was 6.2 percent prior to obama's cut of 2%, right? So, are you saying that you're fine with obama raiding the SS fund as long as it means you might, I say might, sell a few more tubes of lipstick? Do you not care about those Seniors that might be hurt so you can make a little more profit? And you do know that the 1%, 2% if you like, will not be hurt one bit by obama's tax increase since they're income is obtained by other means, right?
  • sbtbill snipe 2013/01/09 00:47:12
    sbtbill
    +1
    Yes, I know it was 6.2%. I'd rather that the original version which was a cut in income taxes have been kept. However, I do not think the economy is strong enough to cut income to the average person at this time. People making under $100,000 in most areas have a hard time making ends meet and generally spend everything they get. I am also against cutting government spending at this time.

Since you are going to ask I was neutral on the tax increase on people making over $250,000. That amount isn't all that much in a large city. It is also somewhat negative to increase taxes on anyone in this economy. However, on that specific group I do not think it will have much affect on spending, the economy or the deficit. It'll turn out to be pretty much cosmetic. Probably the only people who will make any money are the accountants. Oh, well I do make most of my money as a bookkeeper.
  • Gordon 2013/01/07 22:56:12
    Gordon
    +5
    The majority (but not all) of Obama supporters most likely don't work an honest job or pay taxes on their prostitution, pimping, or drug dealing. So, they are not paying more for taxes on anything.
  • Sheηaηigaηs™ 2013/01/07 22:22:12
    Sheηaηigaηs™
    +4
    STUPID FOOLED ALL THE STUPID. LMAO!!

liar obama gif liar obama gif liar obama gif
  • observer 2013/01/07 22:01:48
    observer
    +5
    With their low intelligence, they thought that it was someone else who would pay higher taxes, but not themselves. And this is just a beginning. When Obamacare kicks in, there will be another shock for them.
  • Fashion... observer 2013/01/11 00:05:51
    Fashionable60s
    +2
    They also had thought that Obamacare would be free, just like getting a cell phone, or food stamps, etc., etc., and other government giveaways not knowing that there's no free lunch, somebody has to pay for all the benefits. Since only about 50% file their tax returns, we are waiting on how much higher the tax is going to be raised in the near future to fund it. It sounded so fantastic when Obama told them that only the rich will be taxed, now they just found out that they've been lied to since even low middle class people got taxed higher this year.
  • Golden Panther 2013/01/07 22:00:33
    Golden Panther
    +4
    What is more amazing is that not only do these fools vote, they also breed. Wouldn't it be wonderful if only the idiots that voted for the scum bag had their taxes raised...that would be the perfect storm.
  • Christ4... Golden ... 2013/01/07 22:15:17
  • Sheηaηi... Christ4... 2013/01/07 22:23:30
    Sheηaηigaηs™
    +3
    being rich doesn't exclude them.
  • Christ4... Sheηaηi... 2013/01/07 22:29:44
  • Christ4guns 2013/01/07 21:56:26 (edited)
  • SK-pro ... Christ4... 2013/01/07 22:02:52 (edited)
  • Christ4... SK-pro ... 2013/01/07 22:12:52
  • Sheηaηi... Christ4... 2013/01/07 22:26:18
    Sheηaηigaηs™
    +1
    That fat rhino arse pretends that he is a republican and he is not. You guys believe everything, you are so gullible.
  • Christ4... Sheηaηi... 2013/01/07 22:30:49
  • safari 2013/01/07 21:54:31 (edited)
    safari
    +4
    ................................ watching a Democrat learn something is wonderful, like seeing the family dog finally sit and stay at your command...............

bahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaa... Perfect description!

Just wait until they find out they aren't getting FREE HEALTHCARE hehe!

not free health care

hc costs

free hc
  • SickOfBigGov 2013/01/07 21:39:58 (edited)
    SickOfBigGov
    +5
    And there's more where that came from...Wake up call! LOL... I hope you can hear me laughing... wake up call
    The only thing that keeps me sane is knowing that they get it up the butt too!
  • keeper 2013/01/07 21:23:01
    keeper
    +3
    Wow..you mean to say that they believed his lies?
  • TuringsChild 2013/01/07 21:22:35
    TuringsChild
    +6
    Oh, I'm crying for these poor people! And I wrote a special tune JUST for them. It's played on this:
    crying poor people wrote tune played
  • K-ZOOMI-----0 2013/01/07 21:07:16
    K-ZOOMI-----0
    +4
    What the Flying F**K have we been trying to tell them for 4yrs.???
  • Rustie 2013/01/07 21:02:25
    Rustie
    +3
    To quote Jack Black as Po, "Skatoosh"

2014/04/21 02:10:40