Ancient Kingdoms of Africa - Berber Kingdom of Morocco

Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET 2012/09/27 01:22:08
I Knew
I Didn't Know That, Interesting

Tuareg People

Rif People

Kayble People

Haratin People

Ishelhiyen (Shluh) People

Beraber People

Shawia People

• Philo-Publius 2012/09/27 02:08:21
    I Didn't Know That, Interesting
    Philo-Publius
    +5
    I'm going to watch the video, but when I looked at the photos showing the range of variation in these African peoples, I couldn't believe it: These are all races, from what looks like Northern European to Eurasian and Asian to every conceivable nuance of African.

Are all these people truly indigenous to the African continent? In other words, 'full-blooded' African, if we can speak in such terms? With no outside admixture?

I am really fascinated now, because all these phenotypes -- we're told -- arose outside of Africa, as a result of, or in response to, different environments.

• no no 2013/12/13 14:16:37 (edited)
    I Knew
    no no
    +1
    Thanks...refreshing to see more enlightening post on SH
  • Chibi Guru Z 2013/12/08 00:23:49
    I Didn't Know That, Interesting
    Chibi Guru Z
    +1
    Fascinating. Thanks very much! The photos are absolutely marvelous.
  • Latti I... Chibi G... 2013/12/08 00:25:39
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +1
    ^_^

Thanks for stopping by Chibi.
  • Chibi G... Latti I... 2013/12/08 00:35:41
    Chibi Guru Z
    +1
    Always a pleasure. History and culture are rich and rewarding fields of study.
  • Michael McFascist 2012/09/28 05:17:58
    I Knew
    Michael McFascist
    +1
    At least some of it...the Berbers, and the Tuaregs specifically...the names of these others are unfamiliar to me...beautiful faces though.
  • mk, Smartass Oracle 2012/09/27 16:47:27
  • Chris- Demon of the PHAET 2012/09/27 08:03:15
    I Didn't Know That, Interesting
    Chris- Demon of the PHAET
    +2
    Another interesting post!

I love the pictures you included. Especially the 2nd one down. :-)
  • Philo-Publius 2012/09/27 02:08:21
    I Didn't Know That, Interesting
    Philo-Publius
    +5

• Latti I... Philo-P... 2012/09/27 02:16:35 (edited)
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +4
    I'm extremely interested in this as well Philo.

Yes; Asiatic Africans:

http://forum.bodybuildingpro.... extremely philo asiatic africans httpforum bodybuildingpro asiatic africans asiatic africans extremely philo asiatic africans httpforum bodybuildingpro afro asiatic people

From what I gathered Philo is that the latter admixture came when Europeans arrived. I still have to look into even more, because this spreads from North Africa into the Mediterranean and part of Indo-European countries.
  • Latti I... Philo-P... 2012/09/27 02:44:32 (edited)
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +3
    Also the whole Negroid and Caucasian terms seems to be too simplistic in my opinion. When looking at every continent and the countries with in them, you can see the gradual differences between them.

Take Asia for example:

South Asian countries have people of darker complexions.

North Asia

Southern European Countries:

Northern:

Take Asia for example:

south asian people south asian people south asian people south asian tribes south asian tribes south asian tribes
    countries gradual differences asia south asian countries people darker complexions

North Asia

north asian people north asian people north asian people north asian people

Southern European Countries:

southern European people southern European people southern European people southern European people southern European people

Northern:

northern European people northern European people countries people darker complexions north asia southern european countries northern
  • Philo-P... Latti I... 2012/09/27 02:58:28
    Philo-Publius
    +3
    I agree the terms are overly simplistic. It does look then like much of the variety in African phenotypes can be attributed to later migrations and minglings. I've read websites where it has been claimed that all the later, non-black races/ethnicities were contained in the original African one from the beginning, and their modern appearances can be attributed strictly to segregation of alleles among what eventually became isolated populations.

A little different than what we're taught, and it may be completely wrong, completely right, or partially right. I know that dog breeds, for example, which are much, much more extreme with respect to phenotype, are not thought to have come into their present forms at all due to mutations, but rather their appearances are attributable solely to this same type of isolation and recombination of genes/traits via artificial selection.
  • Latti I... Philo-P... 2012/09/27 16:22:30
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +1
    Did you finish watching the video Philo, and if so, what are your thoughts on it?
  • Philo-P... Latti I... 2012/09/27 19:25:34
    Philo-Publius
    +1
    I finished it last night after my bath. And, well, it sure seems as though Africa has been a crossroads of cultures, and has been for a long time into humanity's past. These particular cultures I was not aware of, and those temples (Islamic) and the architecture in several of those buildings are among the most awe-inspiring I've ever seen -- the bath house, too, though badly in ruins... the fortified towers...

We were not taught anything about Africa in (my 99.999% white) grade school, and almost nothing about it in (my 99.7% white) high school. It was as if it didn't exist.

(It apparently exists, I see! lol) :)
  • Latti I... Philo-P... 2012/09/27 19:35:03
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +1
    lol I'm glad you enjoyed it Philo; I have a lot more coming. BBC have done one on West Africa like Nigeria for example, Nubia, Ethiopia, Zulu nation, and so on.

• no no Latti I... 2013/12/14 15:48:34
    no no
    The two terms, or should I say, labels are artificially constructed and promulgated concepts beginning in the 17th and 18th centuries by Europeans who ventured out and discovered other worlds so to speak and then decided to classify and assign labels but with the intent to make sure that they were at the top of the great chain that they were creating. based on physical appearance. So Caucasian came from the Caucasus Mountains where they thought that the 'farest' of whites lived. Big blunder. Has no scientific validity whatever. The admixture of indigenous Africans existed long before the Europeans invaded. The biological concept of race is artificial based on making those who chose the concepts and assigned the labels....THE CHOSEN ONES.
    You find this with the inventors of the one god concept. it would be folly for a people to invent and assign a concept and not make themselves the CHOSEN ones.
  • ☆Snapefangirl☆ 2012/09/27 01:40:36
    I Didn't Know That, Interesting
    ☆Snapefangirl☆
    +1
    Those pictures are lovely.
  • Tunnel Vision 2012/09/27 01:23:56
    I Didn't Know That, Interesting
    Tunnel Vision
    +4
    Beautiful Moorish peoples.

2014/07/28 12:29:36