An Entirely Reasonable Decision

JaguarSocialist 2012/06/30 00:54:03
http://www.winningprogressive.org/

There were two main arguments for the constitutionality of the healthcare law: The Commerce Clause of the Constitution, and the constitutional right of the Congress to levy taxes. Both of these clauses are part of Article 1, section 8 of the Constitution, which enumerates the powers of Congress. Most of the discussion preceding the decision was about regulation of commerce, which seemed to me and, I think, many others, to be not such a good idea — both as a practical argument, given the nature of the Supreme Court, and even, perhaps, as an unhealthy extension of the powers of Congress.

Justice Roberts, on the other hand, quoting a beautiful phrase from a previous case (Hooper v California) wrote in the majority opinion:

Because “every reasonable construction must be resorted to, in order to save a statute from unconstitutionality,” Hooper v. California, 155 U. S. 648, the question is whether it is “fairly possible” to interpret the mandate as imposing such a tax…”

I really like the idea that the highest court must assume, by default, that a statute is constitutional, and should always be on the lookout for a way to recognize it as such. If that is truly Roberts position, there is hope that he may turn out to be, on balance, an excellent Chief Justice. Now if only he would change his mind on Citizens United…

• Evil 1 2012/06/30 01:59:25
    Evil 1
    Obama himself said Obamacare is not a tax:

He first states it at 1:08 on this video. Just more proof Obama is a liar and a hypocrite.
  • JaguarS... Evil 1 2012/07/01 15:23:11
    JaguarSocialist
    Damn, more conservative whining. Would you like some cheese with that whine?
  • Evil 1 JaguarS... 2012/07/01 15:31:08 (edited)
    Evil 1
    Since when is presenting facts whining? Oh i forgot when the facts and truth don't coincide with the liberal/progressive BS or proves they're lying (which is 99.9% of the time) and/or showcases their hypocrisies the liberals state it's whining. LOL Hey don't despair you can still blame Bush or call me a racist! You liberal/progressives are so predictable as well as pathetic.
  • JaguarS... Evil 1 2012/07/01 15:39:24 (edited)
    JaguarSocialist
    It's conservative who, in the current political environment, reject facts, science and reason. When you exhibit racism, I'll call you racist and, frankly, be correct in doing so. Enjoy being a socialist which is exactly what you are!
  • Evil 1 JaguarS... 2012/07/01 15:43:50
    Evil 1
    +1
    Like I said, you liberals are so predictable as well as pathetic. We can always depend on your providing an ample amount of BS (as you just did) along with a large dose of childish, ridiculous drivel. Thanks for not proving me wrong.
  • JaguarS... Evil 1 2012/07/01 23:01:12 (edited)
    JaguarSocialist
    You were proven wrong the day you were born.

Rabid far-right conservatives are the type of unintelligent termites one finds currently infesting political/social networking web sites. You have undeveloped critical thinking skills. I'm guessing the last critical thinking you accomplished occurred when your mommy asked you to choose what flavor of Pop Tart you wanted for breakfast.

You provide never ending comedy by posting, at political/social networking web sites, excerpts of Republican and tea party propaganda, written by a corporate lobbyist, and falsely believing you've made some political point when, in reality, what you've accomplished is proving you haven't developed beyond posting pabulum.

It's hilarious to watch conservative talking head ideologues sitting behind their corporate-provided desks reading 'news' provided by corporate-owned media sources like Fox News and regurgitating it on a social networking site. More comic relief is provided by conservatives when they claim to have any inkling of the plight of the poor and working class of the world. Driving by people living on the streets as you make your way to a home in the suburbs doesn't give you any insight into the plight of the America's poor or those who struggle to earn enough to pay bills or provi...

It's hilarious to watch conservative talking head ideologues sitting behind their corporate-provided desks reading 'news' provided by corporate-owned media sources like Fox News and regurgitating it on a social networking site. More comic relief is provided by conservatives when they claim to have any inkling of the plight of the poor and working class of the world. Driving by people living on the streets as you make your way to a home in the suburbs doesn't give you any insight into the plight of the America's poor or those who struggle to earn enough to pay bills or provide for the future.

In any political discussion, you're as useless as a pair of panties on Ann Coulter who is, not surprising, Rupert Murdoch's corporate media whore. Your ability to post any comment related to a political/social issue is extremely limited by the fact you haven't developed word skills beyond trying to figure out how to make words from your alphabet soup.

Next, I suspect you to tell me, rather childlike, how many guns you have. Frankly, I don't care how many times you, on a daily basis, play with yourself and, in the process of ejaculating all over yourself, cry out "me like gun...me like gun...me like gun..." Posting stupidity related to weaponry on any political/social networking site is akin to posting threats. That you and your ilk resort to this tactic proves, beyond a shadow of a doubt, you have serious issues related to masculinity. Furthermore, it's evidence you're cerebrally challenged.

With me, you're out of your league and no amount of asinine slogans you hear from Fox News will ever place you in my league. As I and others work for a better America wherein the poor, minorities and the working class will have a voice, rabid modern-day conservatism will be thrown into the dustbin of history. You've outlived whatever usefulness you think you had. To state is more bluntly, you're a dinosaur who is quickly becoming extinct and, therefore, you're irrelevant in any discussion related to the future of this country or the people who live in it.
  • Evil 1 JaguarS... 2012/07/01 23:12:27 (edited)
    Evil 1
    +1
    And you make no sense to anyone but yourself with your drivel and you have proven beyond a doubt that you don't count in any way, shape or form. As I previously stated you liberals are so predictable as well as pathetic and true to form you have showcased these facts. Now you have taken your ridiculous idiocy and ignorance to a new level and deserve the following.......

A Hole Award

Display it with pride as you have definately earned it with your ignorance, stupidity and childishness. Congratulations!!
  • JaguarS... Evil 1 2012/07/01 23:16:23
  • Evil 1 JaguarS... 2012/07/01 23:19:52 (edited)
    Evil 1
    +1
    Like I said. Congratulations and proudly display your award as you have earned it and rightfully deserve it. And with that ridiculous response have solidified the fact that it is yours beyond any doubt.
  • Gray Parks Evil 1 2012/08/16 20:46:46
  • Evil 1 Gray Parks 2012/08/16 20:48:45
    Evil 1
    +1
    I would leave off the 'educated'.
  • Gray Parks Evil 1 2012/08/16 20:51:26
  • Evil 1 Gray Parks 2012/08/16 20:54:05
    Evil 1
    +1
    Glad to give you a chuckle.

2014/07/24 15:30:56