America is being invaded. What say you....?

krayzrick 2010/06/09 12:06:43
By OLIVIA TORRES and CHRISTOPHER SHERMAN, Associated Press Writers Olivia Torres And Christopher Sherman, Associated Press Writers – 1 hr 22 mins ago

CIUDAD JUAREZ, Mexico – Mexicans are seething over the second death of a countryman at the hands of U.S. Border Patrol agents in two weeks, an incident near downtown El Paso that is threatening to escalate tensions over migrant issues.

U.S. authorities said Tuesday a Border Patrol agent was defending himself and colleagues when he fatally shot the 15-year-old as officers came under a barrage of big stones while trying to detain illegal immigrants on the U.S. side of the Rio Grande.

About 30 relatives and friends gathered late Tuesday to mourn Sergio Adrian Hernandez Huereka, whose shooting Monday evening came along the border with Texas. He died on the Mexican side of the river.

"Damn them! Damn them!" sobbed Rosario Hernandez, sister of the dead teenager, at a wake in the family's two-room adobe house on the outskirts of Ciudad Juarez.

Preliminary reports on the incident indicated that U.S. officers on bicycle patrol "were assaulted with rocks by an unknown number of people," Border Patrol Special Operations Supervisor Ramiro Cordero said Tuesday.

"During the assault at least one agent discharged his firearm," he said. "The agent is currently on administrative leave. A thorough, multi-agency investigation is currently ongoing."

The shooting happened beneath a railroad bridge linking the two nations, and late Tuesday night a banner appeared on the bridge that said in English: "U.S. Border Patrol we worry about the violence in Mex and murders and now you. Viva Mexico!"

Less than two weeks ago, Mexican migrant Anastasio Hernandez, 32, died after a Customs and Border Protection officer shocked him with a stun gun at the San Ysidro border crossing that separates San Diego and Tijuana, Mexico. The San Diego medical examiner's office ruled that death a homicide.

Mexican President Felipe Calderon said Tuesday that his government "will use all resources available to protect the rights of Mexican migrants."

The government "reiterates its rejection to the disproportionate use of force on the part on U.S. authorities on the border with Mexico," the president added in a statement.

On an unpaved street, gathered around Hernandez's gray metal casket, the teen's family called for justice.

"There is a God, so why would I want vengeance if no one will return him to me. They killed my little boy and the only thing I ask is for the law" to be applied, said the boy's father, Jesus Hernandez.

His mother was less hopeful. "May God forgive them because I know nothing will happen" to them, Maria Guadalupe Huereka said.

Above the casket was a photo of the youth wearing his soccer uniform and his junior high school grade cards, which showed A's and B's.

His mother said he was a good student who never got in trouble. He was the youngest of five children, played on two soccer teams and had just finished junior high school, she said.

The case took a testy turn when U.S. and Mexican officials traded suggestions of misconduct in the incident.

Arturo Sandoval, a spokesman for the Chihuahua state Attorney General's office, said a spent .40-caliber shell casing was found near the body — raising the question of whether the fatal shot was fired inside Mexico, although he did not explicitly make that allegation. That would violate the rules for Border Patrol agents, who are supposed to stay on the U.S. side of the border.

A U.S. official, meanwhile, said video shows the Border Patrol agent did not enter Mexico.

The official, who agreed to discuss the matter only if not quoted by name, said the video also shows what seem to be four Mexican law enforcement officers driving to the edge of the dry but muddy bed of the Rio Grande, walking across to the U.S. side, picking up an undetermined object and returning to Mexico near the area where the boy's body was. Like their U.S. counterparts, Mexican law officers are not authorized to cross the border without permission.

According to the FBI, Border Patrol agents were responding to a group of suspected illegal immigrants being smuggled into the U.S. near the Paso Del Norte bridge, across from Ciudad Juarez around 6:30 p.m. Monday.

One suspected illegal immigrant was detained on the levee on the U.S. side, the FBI said in a statement. Another Border Patrol agent arrived on the concrete bank where the now-dry, 33-foot (10-meter) wide Rio Grande is, and detained a second person. Other suspects ran back into Mexico and began throwing rocks, the FBI said.

At least one rock came from behind the agent, who was kneeling beside a suspected illegal immigrant whom he had prone on the ground, FBI spokeswoman Andrea Simmons said.

The agent told the rock throwers to stop and back off, but they continued. The agent fired his weapon several times, hitting one who later died, said the FBI, which is leading the investigation because it involved an assault on a federal officer. The agent was not injured, Simmons said.

Chihuahua state officials released a statement demanding a full investigation into the death.

The boy was shot once near the eye, Sandoval said. Authorities were still investigating the bullet's trajectory, he said.

Sandoval said he couldn't comment on the video reported by the U.S. official because he didn't know anything about it. "I am unaware about those hypotheses," he said.

Sandoval said Mexican investigators were questioning three teenagers who were with the victim at the time of the shooting.

The boy's sister, Rosario, told Associated Press Television News that her brother was playing with several friends and did not plan to cross the border.

"They say that they started firing from over there and suddenly hit him in the head," she said.

The boy's mother said he had gone to eat with his brother, who handles luggage at a border customs office. While there, he met up with a group of friends and they decided to hang out by the river, she said.

"That was his mistake, to have gone to the river," she said in an interview with Mexico's Milenio TV. "That's why they killed him."

Mexico's Foreign Relations Department said its records indicate the number of Mexicans killed or wounded by U.S. immigration authorities rose from five in 2008 to 12 in 2009 to 17 so far this year, which is not half over.

T.J. Bonner, president of the union representing Border Patrol agents, said rock throwing aimed at Border Patrol agents is common and capable of causing serious injury.

"It is a deadly force encounter, one that justifies the use of deadly force," Bonner said.

• Bill in Niantic 2010/06/09 13:39:08
    I think....
    Bill in Niantic
    +10
    Sorry the child rock thrower died.

But if mexicans stayed in their Country and let their Government provide for their needs, the problem would go away.

So unless you want to come to America legally, stay the Fxxk out!

If the Illegals and their wacky President escalate the matter even more, then U.S. troops will have to defend the Border. That is, if we have a President that will uphold his sworn Constitutional Oath.

• dmac 2010/06/24 04:02:44
    I think....
    dmac
    +1
    They have most of our companies in Mexico so where are the unions that are supposed to stand up for the working people--how would they like it if we went down and took jobs with the US companies that moved there, from them. And we also give them billions in aid every yr. so they should go down and have their own revolution war and find out why they aren't building a country like we have. And even though ours leaves a lot to be desired it is our country and the best in the world--so far.
  • krayzrick dmac 2010/06/24 11:11:16
    krayzrick
    +1
    Obammie will fix that....
  • Rogue-Wolf 2010/06/18 01:02:22
    Well...
    Rogue-Wolf
    +2
    I fear that this pot is going into a full boil and it won't take much more to make it boil right the hell over!
  • RichardL.Otten 2010/06/17 07:49:53
    Well...
    RichardL.Otten
    +1
    How is it that Mexicans illegally entering the US or committing assault and battery on a government official are innocent? What law is being followed? High emotions is not a law but an invitation to vigilantism!
    It seems media 'muckrakers' are attempting to create civil unrest. It use to be that inciting a riot was a felony.
  • dee 2010/06/16 19:57:58
    I think....
    dee
    +1
    Mexicans........"stay home and fix your third world, murder infested, country."...
    We have problems of our own.
  • Wilderness 2010/06/16 03:35:21
    I think....
    Wilderness
    +1
    I think it's time to make some 10th amendment decisions.

• krayzrick Wilderness 2010/06/16 10:32:48
    krayzrick
    +1
    I bet that Arizona has 3000 men that would like to be 'deputized', and armed with M14's with scopes.... bet arizona 3000 deputized armed m14s scopes
  • Wilderness Wilderness 2010/06/16 15:22:51
  • krayzrick Wilderness 2010/06/16 23:21:46
    krayzrick
    +3
    We are being led by a bunch of 'gutless' woosies who have not the balls to protect Americans. Why are they still in office?
  • ruralntex 2010/06/15 12:04:24
    I think....
    ruralntex
    +2
    The mom and the dad are going to always profess the innocence of their lil angel, but that video shows that the lil angel was on the US side of the border. The US border patrol has its job to do, and if it is ID-ing your lil angel, and he throws rocks, ya know, they have every right to expect to be able to go home at night too.
  • P-Funk 2010/06/15 05:25:42
    I think....
    P-Funk
    +3
    ... it's tragic that the kid was killed, but the Border Patrol agent has a right to defend himself and rocks are unquestionably deadly weapons. I don't blame anyone who shoots at someone who is attempting to kill him -- and throwing a rock is attempted murder. Period.

It's a shame we don't have a president with the balls to simply say, "If you attempt to harm a US citizen, or you're hanging around people who are trying to harm US citizens, don't be surprised if you get shot."

If Calderon wants to "protect the rights of Mexican migrants" all he has to do is make sure they immigrate LEGALLY at a designated border crossing. It's really that simple, amigo!
  • Cat 2010/06/15 01:24:40
    I think....
    Cat
    +3
    It is so horrible that a child died.....However our government should be enforcing the border police and letting the government of Mexico know we will not tolerate illegals coming over our borders.......
  • Machine 2010/06/13 16:09:02
    I think....
    Machine
    +2
    any Mexican nationals throwing rocks at border patrol should be shot, those rocks they were hurling at the border officer were about the size of a grapefruit. They should be issuing M-4 military rifles to the Border officers with 30 round magazines and full auto capability so they can engage and destroy!
    I think....
    +1
    Illegal immigrants means just that, illegal immigrants.
  • dmac Ken 2010/06/24 03:20:03
    dmac
    +2
    No one seems to understand the meaning of the word "Illegal". I guess all these politicians that should be getting this border closing done, know how the H377 to read.
  • Liam 2010/06/12 21:59:32
    I think....
    Liam
    +2
    It's a shame that a young person had to die. Only twop weeks ago, two U.S. Border patrol; agents were shot and killed at the U.S./ Canadian Border. These agents have to deal with a lot more than "Illegal Immigrants" especially the Drug Cartels.
  • shenendoah 2010/06/12 18:56:40
    Well...
    shenendoah
    +1
    Sorry about the death of this young man and I'm afraid it will get worse. This administration is putting IAs in the cross hairs by his liberal stance on illegal immigration. They are taking this as encouragement to break the law.
  • RICK 2010/06/11 01:15:58
    I think....
    RICK
    +3
    Too bad he died but if he stayed in his country he would still be alive.
  • olylift 2010/06/10 23:12:58
    I think....
    olylift
    +2
    Shouldn't have tried to cross the border, partner.
  • den 2010/06/10 11:09:54
    I think....
    den
    +3
    If they throw rocks at the border patrol- shoot them
  • r_u_fing_serious 2010/06/10 07:41:05 (edited)
    Well...
    r_u_fing_serious
    +2
    it's a damn shame that a mexidiot child with a rock attempting to do harm to an American agent was fataly wounded....boooohooo...wah wah......stay the $&@#! out of the US and these things won't happen. Truth be told, I am very sad that more weren't fataly wounded.......sniff sniff.
  • goatman112003 2010/06/10 04:44:03
    I think....
    goatman112003
    +2
    If one uses deadly force against the Law, then getting a bullet is the price to pay.
  • danaslc 2010/06/10 04:28:39
    I think....
    danaslc
    +4
    More than 26,000 have been murdered by their own countrymen since 2006. I think these illegal's and their country has a permanent hand out for anything free and will use anything to get what they want. When do we go to war with Mexico to stop the invasion? Or are we Mexico?
  • r_u_fin... danaslc 2010/06/10 07:43:01
    r_u_fing_serious
    +3
    Sign me up...I'll go to war...pick me pick me!!
  • ronbo 2010/06/10 04:19:01
    I think....
    ronbo
    +6
    I don,t know all the facts surrounding this incident and I surely wasn,t there but I do know that none of these people were shedding any tears when Arizona rancher Robert Krentz was murdered on his own property by an illegal alien.
  • tootien 2010/06/10 03:57:22
    Well...
    tootien
    +4
    How many Mexicans have been killed or wounded by drug cartels?
  • ronbo tootien 2010/06/10 04:20:38
    ronbo
    +3
    If I were a betting man , I,d bet a hell of a lot more than by the Border Patrol.
  • r_u_fin... tootien 2010/06/10 07:43:37
    r_u_fing_serious
    +1
    Not enough obviously.
  • cowboy 2010/06/10 03:54:28
  • ImageBandit ~ American Patriot 2010/06/10 03:27:39
    I think....
    ImageBandit ~ American Patriot
    +3
    if ya dont wanna die dont throw rocks at an armed policeman - and stay off our borders
  • magmaman 2010/06/10 03:01:06
    I think....
    magmaman
    +4
    by far the worst invasion is from BO and his Goons
  • tncdel 2010/06/10 02:58:16
    I think....
    tncdel
    +4
    We need to stop letting our soldiers be MIS-used to "play World Cop," and to instead BRING THEM HOME to augment the Border Patrol and I.C.E. to defend our country against illegal alien invaders.

To help create jobs for Americans, and to get rid of the illegals sucking the lifeblood out of our country's economy,

1.) Put a bounty out of $5,000 for each illegal alien brought to I.C.E. Our citizens can become employed by the job of getting rid of illegals. Then FINE each illegal $10,000 plus deport costs, leaving the government a net profit of $5,000, without making taxpayers foot the bill for deportation. Then FORCE-work the illegals [on chain gangs, road crews, etc.] to pay off the fines before deporting them. Inasfar as judges have already sentenced our own citizens guilty of crimes to work off fines, so pro-illegals lobbyists couldn't say it would be "unconstitutional." For illegals certainly aren't entitled to be exempt from punishment our own citizens get.

2.) Establish a hot-line paying $500 rewards for anyone who blows the whistle on employers of illegal aliens, and fine the employers $10,000 EACH illegal found working for them plus deport costs. That way taxpayers not only won't have to foot the bill for deport costs, but BOTH the employers and the illegal aliens wi...

2.) Establish a hot-line paying $500 rewards for anyone who blows the whistle on employers of illegal aliens, and fine the employers $10,000 EACH illegal found working for them plus deport costs. That way taxpayers not only won't have to foot the bill for deport costs, but BOTH the employers and the illegal aliens will have to pay it, so that we get back DOUBLE what it costs us to deport them. Crackdown on a few employers of illegals like that, and I bet you will see mass lay-offs of illegals around the country being replaced by our own people.

3.) Establish a hot-line paying $500 each tip for an illegal alien obtaining welfare, food stamps, or any other federal or state services.

4.) Establish a hot-line to report any non-profit agency giving aid to illegal aliens. It is a federal felony CRIME to aid or abet, or to encourage or harbor, illegal aliens.
    See:
    http://www.americanpatrol.com...

5.) Establish a hot-line to report any university or other school harboring illegal aliens, either as students or as employees.
    Dream Act HELL! Prosecute those schools, fining them $10,000 EACH illegal plus deport costs.

6.) Lastly, IMPEACH and PROSECUTE President Obama, and all TRAITORS in Congress trying to give amnesty, "free" college, etc. to FOREIGN NATIONALS HERE ILLEGALLY. For they are not exempt from federal law which says it's a felony CRIME, punishable by 5 years prison and $5,000 fine, to aid or abet, or to encourage or harbor, illegal aliens. Mostly it's Democrats doing that, but some GOP like McCain, Graham, etc. need to be sacrificed along with cleaning out the Dem traitors in order to uphold and enforce the law.
  • dmac tncdel 2010/06/24 03:32:23
    dmac
    +1
    It's not just the migrant illegals they are aiding and abetting. It is the drug cartels and murders and white slavers and rapists, just to name a few. I call it treason in my own mind.
  • krayzrick dmac 2010/06/24 11:11:51
    krayzrick
    +1
    I second that emotion...
  • Keith 2010/06/10 02:41:22
    I think....
    Keith
    +3
    anything any "official" of Mexico says should be considered as lie until proven the truth.

That's a crooked lot of lying vipers and thieves down there and the civilians run a close second for integrity, believing that's just an acceptable way of life.

Do we REALLY want that HERE?

Arm the border guards and let them do their job!
  • jin 2010/06/10 02:08:05
    I think....
    jin
    +3
    we are being invaded from the south and every other direction. Every ethnic group but Europeans are being allowed, or are coming here illegally and deciding they are going to change America. They all like what America has to offer, but think nothing of keeping true to the customs and language from "my country" (not America, but rather where they came from), that the American way is on its way out. These folks will never fight in a war for this country, so we should impose a draft so they will all leave.
  • Therrmos 2010/06/10 01:06:02
    I think....
    Therrmos
    +2
    It's a good start. Throw rocks and die. I have no problem with what the Agents did They went home to their family's and the rock thrower didn't . The Government aught to give out rewards for brining alive boarder jumpers to the CBP Agents for proper disposal, oops I mean proper deportation.
  • red 2010/06/10 00:36:58
    I think....
    red
    +2
    stop trying to sneak into our country and you will not have to worry about us hurting you in any way look at all of them that come here and kill,rape and rob thats a fact so stop them at the border and i will load the guns enough is enough
  • Pele Emerging 2010/06/10 00:15:54
    I think....
    Pele Emerging
    +2
    Ok. Let's provide this scenario: A group of American college frat boys go to Tijuana and get drunk and disorderly. When the local police are called, they throw rocks and pull a few punches. Is anyone surprised if the Mexican authorities use force? Do American Frat boys breaking the law in another country have 'rights' to do as they damned well please? Come on!

"Mexican President Felipe Calderon said Tuesday that his government "will use all resources available to protect the rights of Mexican migrants." "

Isn't that just peachy? WHAT rights do or should those entereing our country illegally and additionally breaking the law violently (throwing rocks at eh border patrol is certainly violence) have? If the situation is reversed, does Calderon protect the rights of Americans in his country who break the law? Or, are those who are rotting in Mexican prisons because they didn't believe that Mexican laws applied to them south of the border figments of the imagination?
  • snkypete 2010/06/10 00:07:32
    Well...
    snkypete
    +2
    I noticed Pres. Calderon used the term "Mexican migrant" rather than "Mexican citizen" just something I noticed. So do they have differing status for differing classes of citizens in Mexico?
    Do the poor not have full citizenship?

2014/10/31 01:49:07