Am l a horrible person for being a liberal?

The Aging Yankee Liberal Douche 2012/12/14 04:55:33
Related Topics: Horrible, Liberal, Political
Somebody actually told me this. I dont see how your political beliefs have anything to do with the person you are. In my opinion thats a very ignorant statement.

• Wesloco 2012/12/25 16:39:42
    Wesloco
    +1
    I used to be a lot less liberal myself and actually voted for both for Bush 1, Bob Dole, Bush 2, two times and John McCain. As a matter of fact, before my most recent vote for Barack Obama, I hadn't voted democrat since Walter Mondale against the gipper in '84 but my god, who in their right mind could support the nuts who hae taken reign of the conservative movement today?

• Red 2012/12/25 02:59:59 (edited)
  • lucky 2012/12/17 14:32:32
    lucky
    +1
    Just for being a liberal... no. I dont know you personally though so I cant say whether you are a horrible person or not.

Ignore the loons that try to force you into a box, as Dr. Seuss once said.. " Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
  • Alexander T Steward 2012/12/16 22:09:58
    +1
    Foolish ideas, giving undeserving people things the don't deserve, and spending money they don't have does not make liberals horrible, they just have a lack of common sense.
  • Kezzi Morris 2012/12/16 12:26:22
    Kezzi Morris
    +1
    No you are not
  • JwonGalt 2012/12/16 07:17:54
    JwonGalt
    +1
    You will ALWAYS be condemned for being who you are by one person or another.

And I applaud you for acknowledging who you are, just stop caring about they think about yourself, and everything will be fine.

And yes, I meant to click No, -_-
  • SteveMarine- JLA 2012/12/16 05:32:31
    SteveMarine- JLA
    +1
    Horrible person? Hard to say. But you follow some rather rough beliefs....more gov control...more spending...less americans with job....more illegal aliens with our jobs...some of the things you support are horrible. But to say your horrible just because of your views is a bit harsh with even knowing you. But as a general rule I find what liberal people believe in very disgusting. Just my opinion. Have a great holiday though. Put aside political b.s and just enjoy life.
  • Harley Squiggles the God \(... 2012/12/16 05:19:21
    Harley Squiggles the God \(#o#)/
    +2
    No way. You're not wrong for what you believe in. :)
  • HatinOnHaters ;~} 2012/12/16 05:06:38
    HatinOnHaters ;~}
    +2
    It doesn't make you a horrible person, it just means you believe in horrible ideas ewwwww
  • sneekyfoot 2012/12/16 03:27:12
    sneekyfoot
    +1
    you must be a horrible person to please your dead relatives
  • The Agi... sneekyfoot 2012/12/16 03:38:53
    The Aging Yankee Liberal Douche
    +1
    whats that supposed to mean
  • sneekyfoot The Agi... 2012/12/16 03:45:41
    sneekyfoot
    +1
    I somtimes make statements that I dont understand in the hopes someone else might ?
  • Robby Jay 2012/12/16 00:00:50
    Robby Jay
    +3
    Your entitled to your own beliefs, screw what others say.
  • Laura 2012/12/15 17:42:41
    Laura
    +1
    Liberals are concerned about the good for ALL PEOPLE.. We believe that individuals should be able to make decisions for themselves. We believe that ALL individuals should have the same rights. We do not except prejudice. We believe in the importance of the separation of church and state, as there have been wars and people killed in the name of religion.
  • SteveMa... Laura 2012/12/16 05:28:36
    SteveMarine- JLA
    Ive only seen libs more concerned with getting rapists and murderers off free....and more spending and more government control. Not what I would call more rights by adding more gov control.
  • L1 2012/12/15 13:55:39
    L1
    +1
    What counts are your actions overall, your political beliefs alone don't make you a horrible person. Don't worry.
  • MsDianna 2012/12/15 13:27:38
    MsDianna
    +1
    no it just depends on what you're being liberal about. we all have our opinions on what we believe and how to act. We still live in America and we still have the right to be different but we just have to be vigilant and alert so we'll be able to keep those freedoms in the coming years. but we are not horrible people for being different.
  • JustMe 2012/12/15 11:08:48
  • rightside 2012/12/15 03:53:44
    rightside
    +2
    You didn't give any other options on answers. I don't know you. How would I know what kind of person you are.
    If you believe in socialism and abortion and homosexuality, we probably wouldn't get along as well as we could.
    If you're looking for affirmation, you won't find it here.
  • Laura rightside 2012/12/15 17:35:50
    Laura
    +3
    NO ONE BELIEVES in abortion,...........we believe in the right of an individual to make that choice for themselves. Homosexuality is not an individual choice.....why would anyone choose to be a homosexual, when it is a difficult life due to the prejudice?? They are born as homosexuals, just as you might be heterosexual.. Do you think that medicare and social security are not a form of socialism?.
  • rightside Laura 2012/12/15 19:12:02
    rightside
    Of course you believe in abortion. What? The baby just goes away because you wish it so?
    If you want to be homosexual, fine. But don't MAKE me participate in the celebration. I believe it to be a sin and shouldn't be fined for not accepting it.
    I pay into SS, so therefore it is not entitlement.
  • Haole Laura 2012/12/16 11:13:07
    Haole
    Conservatives believe in individual rights but know that if everybody is paying for something it becomes thier business. Most conservatives aren't as anti- abortion as you might think we generally just believe that that's a choice between a family (mother AND father) and a doctor, and that tax dollars shouldn't be paying for it. The rights that liberals believe in is the right to have the government pay for everything. When the government pays for it...it's thier choice. Don't you think that if EVERYBODY is paying for your health that EVERYBODY has a stake in your health? And if everyone has a stake in it what stops the government from telling you that you have to be healthy? Doesn't it become the concern of the taxpayers (ultimately elected government representatives) to make sure that you aren't wasting "the peoples" money by consuming too many calories? or excersisng too little? or engaging in unhealthy habits (like smoking etc.) If they are paying for your health don't you think they have the right to tell you exactly how to live??? Also what happens to something that everyone owns? What happens is that NOBODY owns it and it goes to hell like everything else that society owns. The more the government runs things the more we all suffer. I use the example of health care but...
    Conservatives believe in individual rights but know that if everybody is paying for something it becomes thier business. Most conservatives aren't as anti- abortion as you might think we generally just believe that that's a choice between a family (mother AND father) and a doctor, and that tax dollars shouldn't be paying for it. The rights that liberals believe in is the right to have the government pay for everything. When the government pays for it...it's thier choice. Don't you think that if EVERYBODY is paying for your health that EVERYBODY has a stake in your health? And if everyone has a stake in it what stops the government from telling you that you have to be healthy? Doesn't it become the concern of the taxpayers (ultimately elected government representatives) to make sure that you aren't wasting "the peoples" money by consuming too many calories? or excersisng too little? or engaging in unhealthy habits (like smoking etc.) If they are paying for your health don't you think they have the right to tell you exactly how to live??? Also what happens to something that everyone owns? What happens is that NOBODY owns it and it goes to hell like everything else that society owns. The more the government runs things the more we all suffer. I use the example of health care but think about it. If you (as a taxpayer) are paying for something don't you think you should get a voice in how that money is spent? Do you actually get a voice??? no what you get is an elected official that is supposed to act as your voice (but typically acts only in thier own best interest regardless of party). frankly liberal philosophy seems like it overlooks the obvious in so many ways.
  • The Agi... rightside 2012/12/15 17:37:54
    The Aging Yankee Liberal Douche
    +1
    well someone said i was simply for being a liberal.
  • rightside The Agi... 2012/12/15 19:10:03
    rightside
    I'm sorry. That wasn't very nice.
    Merry Christmas!
  • Haole The Agi... 2012/12/16 11:25:07
    Haole
    A liberal AND a yankees fan?! hmmmm lets just say that we could find grounds on which to disagree. If you care that you might be evil you probably aren't. Happy Holidays
  • mrk5panzer 2012/12/15 01:17:50
    mrk5panzer
    +2
    Lost maybe but not horrible, that title belongs to the super libs like Obama and his band of thieves.
  • sammy.richard.71 2012/12/15 00:36:54
    sammy.richard.71
    +2
    If you are a liberal because YOU choose to be then NO not at all but if someone is brainwashing you and your just going along with other people because they are then maybe you should get your facts right(: but good for you for actually caring about politics and educating yourself!^.^
  • burningsnowman 2012/12/14 23:30:55 (edited)
    burningsnowman
    +2
    Few aren't. Even most US "conservatives" are economic liberals ('free markets'), classical liberals, libertarians, etc. I'm not though.
  • NarcolepticGoat 2012/12/14 23:19:18
    NarcolepticGoat
    +3
    Don't let silly people get you down
  • SK-pro impeachment 2012/12/14 22:42:42
    SK-pro impeachment
    +6
    Don't know if you are horrible (depends on your views on abortion i would say) but probably misguided, indoctrinated, or just plain ignorant which is usually by choice when it comes to liberals. you all have the same access to the same recourse as we do but it's all in how you choose to filter or process facts.
  • burning... SK-pro ... 2012/12/14 23:54:41 (edited)
    burningsnowman
    +1
    The problem is that it's hard finding a genuine Conservative POV in Western countries. Almost everything you hear now is basically Cultural Marxism/PC. Even classical liberals (libertarians/"small government" types) or liberals against importing people from cultures hostile to liberalism (muslim countries etc.) gets attacked as "far right."
  • mama sew,gung ho 2012/12/14 22:36:26
    mama sew,gung ho
    +2
    Yes,you're a horribly good person who has always had the God given good sense to think for yourself,and never,never apologize for it!"That's just horrible!" LOL
  • Mel the Witch POTL PWCM~JLA 2012/12/14 22:26:54
    Mel the Witch POTL PWCM~JLA
    +6
    Why Yes you are,,,,,Anymore questions?
  • Dagon 2012/12/14 22:15:35
  • KCurtis 2012/12/14 22:13:37
    KCurtis
    +8
    and more importantly one of the dumb masses.
  • Mel the... KCurtis 2012/12/14 22:27:16
    Mel the Witch POTL PWCM~JLA
    +6
    Agree!!
  • Farnsworth 2012/12/14 22:05:47
    Farnsworth
    +8
    no, not at all. Just F'n stupid
  • Mel the... Farnsworth 2012/12/14 22:27:59
    Mel the Witch POTL PWCM~JLA
    +5
    Good News Every One he's officially a dumb ass
  • Hirnungah Mancandy 2012/12/14 20:59:56 (edited)
    Hirnungah Mancandy
    +2
    From what I've seen Liberals think Conservatives are wrong . Conservatives think Liberals are going to destroy civilized life as they know it . That's why i don't discuss politics .

2014/08/28 11:39:23