Am I a right winger or a left winger?

diaverde08-AmericanKilljoy 2009/06/12 08:45:28
Right wing Nut Job!
Left wing loony
Screw the political spectrum
Anarchy
I support Gay Rights, but I lean pro-life. ( think it should be left up to states)
I support the 2nd Amendment.
I oppose big government spending.
I strongly believe in the concept of Federalism, in which most of the power is held by individuals and state governments, but a strong central government exists to protect and unite all states as one nation.
I support free speech.
I strongly oppose violence as a means of change, but I admire some acts of civil disobedience.
I support some environmental regulations especially in the form of property rights. I am not an ecologist, so I'm not going into the issue of Global Warming and whether it is real, but I do think there should be some laws that protect water purity and food safety.
I believe in separation of Church and state.
I can see how Welfare can be used to help those in poverty, but I don't think it should be used as a lifestyle.

• Zorro 2009/06/12 16:44:24
    Screw the political spectrum
    Zorro
    +2
    These are just labels designed to polarize us and elicit a certain reaction. I am neither right nor left, democrat nor republican.

• RONALD ROUNDY 2011/05/08 19:09:32
    Right wing Nut Job!
    RONALD ROUNDY
  • Joe 2009/08/13 03:21:48
    Anarchy
    Joe
    +1
    The only true independance.
  • TheDogWalker~In Ayn Rand I ... 2009/06/12 22:22:55
    Screw the political spectrum
    TheDogWalker~In Ayn Rand I Trust
    This World's Smallest Political Quiz might help clear things up. You sound almost libertarian, but not quite.

http://www.theadvocates.org/q...
  • Selfish 2009/06/12 20:06:42
    Screw the political spectrum
    Selfish
    +1
    You need not to group yourself according to the standards of others if you are an individual who thinks for himself and needs no guidance of what to think from others
  • Congrats Obama! 2009/06/12 19:50:22 (edited)
    Screw the political spectrum
    Congrats Obama!
    +1
    You are in the sound and and older respected tradition of what was once called, "Liberal Republicans". They hail from the Northeast, particularly New York. The late Jacob Javits of New York used that label for himself. Your own descriptions show you are a thinker that can work to solve issues with all parties......unlike the radical Rethugulan Obstructionists in DC who cant work with anyone.
  • Zorro 2009/06/12 16:44:24
    Screw the political spectrum
    Zorro
    +2
  • The Bantam Seditioner 2009/06/12 16:10:12
    Screw the political spectrum
    The Bantam Seditioner
    +2
    Right Vs. Left is a vast oversimplification, and I can't believe the media still uses it. The real political spectrum is a double-axis square or diamond.

spectrum vast oversimplification media real political spectrum double-axis square diamond
  • Crazy IMP 2009/06/12 15:05:50
    Screw the political spectrum
    Crazy IMP
    +1
    wtf are you talking about? i have no clue what you are talking about.
  • (kimberly). 2009/06/12 15:01:45
    Screw the political spectrum
    (kimberly).
    +1
    WTF R U TALKING ABOUT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!...
  • sky blue pink - American 2009/06/12 13:18:32
    Screw the political spectrum
    sky blue pink - American
    +1
    I really don't care. It doesn't make up who you are as a person.
  • EFG 2009/06/12 09:19:11

2014/12/23 03:07:34