Alternative currency in your future?

Temlakos~POTL~PWCM~JLA~☆ 2012/03/24 14:52:37
Will Americans ever use alternative currency in numbers to challenge the
regular currency? News flash: the Greeks turned to alternative currency
last fall, and the Greek government won’t stop them. And some say that
Americans might have to use alternative currency, whether the government likes it or not.

Read More: http://www.conservativenewsandviews.com/2012/03/24...

Yes. The US dollar, the euro, and other fiat currencies are collapsing already.
    +6
    Fiat currencies are "Gentlemen's Agreements." They last only so long as people behave--well, like "gentlemen." They're not--not anymore. We are headed for hyper-inflation, and will have to trade in anything but dollars before too long. And even if we manage to "win" this next election, the Fed has got to go. Alternative currencies are the way forward.

• TuringsChild 2012/03/31 00:08:20
    TuringsChild
    +1
    People are already considering commodities like Tide as an alternative 'currency'.
    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/t...
  • Aqua Surf BTO-t-BCRA-F 2012/03/31 00:03:05
    Aqua Surf BTO-t-BCRA-F
    +1
    We'll see.
  • S. Gompers 2012/03/29 09:40:34
    S. Gompers
    +1
    I already got a sign that says "will work for food".
  • Bocephus 2012/03/26 22:20:25
  • Turings... Bocephus 2012/03/31 00:10:37
    TuringsChild
    +1
    I like the idea, but can't seem to make the thing work on my computer. :p
  • STU~PWCM~JLA~POTL~AFCL 2012/03/26 18:44:56
    STU~PWCM~JLA~POTL~AFCL
    +2
    This is a hard question to answer. There are very few truly sound currencies:

(1) Low budget deficits.
    (2) Zero targeted inflation.
    (3) Property rights respected.
    (4) Low government corruption.
    (5) Self sufficient in energy.

There are actually 4-5 countries that meet the tests, but they are far too small to serve as a world reserve currency.

The best solution to monetization of debt is for nations to amend their Constitutions to allow states and provinces to issue competing hard metal backed currency. While these alternative currencies would probably be small relative to the national currency, they would soar relative to the national currency if the latter is mismanaged, forcing central banks not to inflate. And the state currencies would not cause inflation, because they are backed by precious metal.
  • Mungu 2012/03/26 16:20:22 (edited)
    Mungu
    +2
    Yes you are doomed. It is inevitable. The "western" backed removal of Quadaffi was just an attempt to keep the gold producing countries from moving to a gold standard sooner rather than later. Your system worked as long as there was "honor among thieves". You will not "remove the Feds". You don't have the balls for it. Besides the people are too distracted with bread and circus to move on anything of real purpose.
  • Someone Else 2012/03/25 13:17:59
    Someone Else
    +1
    Cloward &Priven
  • jr 2012/03/25 11:24:25
    jr
    +2
    Fiat currency's are destined for failure. It is the nature of the beast. It is the reason our constitution originally called for a gold backed dollar. It worked fine until corrupt politicians changed it to suit their political agenda
  • Michael Hertel 2012/03/25 08:10:39
    Michael Hertel
    The dollor will not collapse suddenly for a few years yet.
  • The Birdman ~ PWCM~JLA 2012/03/25 03:34:09
    The Birdman ~ PWCM~JLA
    +1
    That's why some states like Utah are trying to return to the Gold standard! I've been into precious metals for quite a while!
  • damnyoumaggot 2012/03/25 02:39:43
    damnyoumaggot
    +2
    digital...marks (marx)....ahem...
  • stevmackey 2012/03/24 22:33:00
    No. "As sound as a dollar" still holds, and will always hold.
    stevmackey
    +1
    The only way to kill it would be to overprint it. Tell Obama to stop printing so much cash. He is creating inflation that has never been seen before. I drink Cafe LA LLAVE. I paid
    $2.75 a pound. bag last year. This year it $8 a pound. If that isn't inflation, what is?
  • Adam 2012/03/24 21:26:13
    Adam
    +1
    It is still savable, but I doubt it will happen.
  • texasred 2012/03/24 20:41:22
    texasred
    +1
    Only if we don't get the NWO Obama administration out of office.
  • Turings... texasred 2012/03/31 00:13:40
    TuringsChild
    +1
    How will the NWO Romney Gingrich or Santorum make anything better?
  • texasred Turings... 2012/03/31 00:29:53
    texasred
    +2
    It will put the NWO on hold until we can get a viable candidate in. I wish Paul was viable... unfortunately, he's not. Maybe, if we can stop Obama this year, we can look forward to a Rand Paul in the near future.
  • doc moto 2012/03/24 20:11:48
    doc moto
    +1
    Diversity is king!
  • Louisa - Enemy of the State 2012/03/24 19:34:16
    Louisa - Enemy of the State
    +1
    I hear a lot about alternative currency on Free Talk Live podcasts.

Bitcoin is already available. I don't use it but it sounds interesting. Check it out.

http://bitcoin.org/
  • Rebel [SHP] 2012/03/24 18:40:24
    Rebel [SHP]
    +1
    It actually costs more to mint the dollar bill than it's worth! It is falling and this is something we'll be needing to look into in the future.
  • templer003 2012/03/24 18:14:27
    templer003
    +1
    With the current value of the American dollar at somewhere between $.55 and $ .65, the real inflation rate of 8.5% and climbing, the FED printing more money and the present administration along with the other 535 idiots spending as if there is no tomorrow, I must humbly suggest with all possible vigor that you start to put away " hard " money such as copper, gold, silver,
    All the signs are there that our economy can not and is not going to last more than a couple of years unless drastic measures are taken, and so far there is little evidence that Washington has the back bone or balls to make the changes needed.
  • Turings... templer003 2012/03/31 00:15:13
    TuringsChild
    +2
    And lead. Don't forget to hoard lead. bullets
  • Temlako... Turings... 2012/03/31 00:22:24
    +2
    Don't forget that Obama's DHS is hoarding 450 million rounds of .40 cal. ammo and 175 million rounds of .223 cal. rifle ammo.
  • templer003 Temlako... 2012/03/31 00:29:24
    templer003
    +1
    I just heard about this today there is no reason for them to have that kind of ammo other than that they are already planning to use it on the American people...
  • templer003 Turings... 2012/03/31 00:28:20
    templer003
    +1
    Along with food, toilet paper, tooth paste, The TP and Paste can be used as " barter " items..Tis time to think and act like the Boy scouts..BE PREPAIRED..
  • phantom8541 2012/03/24 17:22:43
    phantom8541
    +1
    There really is no currency method that has stood the test of time whether it be clams or paper.
    If we're supposed to have faith in our dollar backed by gold,... we're in deep Bandini because Johnson sold off a lot of our 99.9% and the vaults at Ft. Knox are echo chambers.

Who knows what Kennedy had in the works but the one thing in common all 4 assassinated Presidents had was messin' with the currency.

I use the barter system every chance I get.
  • templer003 phantom... 2012/03/24 18:17:20
    templer003
    +1
    You are somewhat correct, what they all had in commen was that they wanted to do away with a " central " banking system, and it has not been limited to just our presidents, history does show that when ANY ruler attempts to control their peoples money they get killed....
    scary isn't it ??
  • goatman112003 2012/03/24 17:15:45
    goatman112003
    +1
    I noticed a number of years back that near the Canadian border it was common for stuff to be bought using dollars or Canadian dollars as the customers used both forms of currency. Now the present government has blown the crap out of the currency in their socialism-communism stance So yes I see other currencies and I also see gold and silver being used.
  • Matt 2012/03/24 16:35:48
    Matt
    +2
    Barter is gaining popularity and I just heard a story on the news that said people are starting "hour banks" where their time is the exchange premium.
  • Max 2012/03/24 16:24:53
    Max
    +3
    I was reading an article that mentioned the petrodollar and how it is propped up by oil sales. It goes on to mention that several countries around the world are now buying and selling oil in currencies other than the dollar. The alarming part of this article is the headline-claim that Saudi Arabia and China are building a new oil refinery and they may trade in a currency other than the dollar, weakening the dollar. Here's the headline:

Saudi Arabia And China Team Up To Build A Gigantic New Oil Refinery - Is This The Beginning Of The End For The Petrodollar?

http://theeconomiccollapseblo...

As for alternative currency, there's some silver in the dimes made before 1965. You're going to need a bunch of them to come up with $100 worth but...

I understand there is a coin going around called the Bitcoin being used in some circles.
  • krayzrick 2012/03/24 15:53:02
    krayzrick
    +2
    I still use the 'barter' system....sometimes :)
  • cellophane 2012/03/24 15:35:26
    cellophane
    +1
    I've played around a bit (pardon the pun) with BitCoin, but there were so few places that accept it - and that was before someone cracked its encryption.

I would use an alternate currency if it were widely accepted.
  • Wyzard 2012/03/24 15:23:28
    Wyzard
    +1
    I hit no because I'm hopeful....
  • Arizona1950 2012/03/24 15:17:46 (edited)
    Arizona1950
    +2
    I guess it all depends if we have enough time to get a real leader in office ... many predict the collapse will come before though.

Pesident Barack Obama's 2012 budget proposal asks Congress to devote millions of more dollars for a new trade enforcement center and more U.S. inspectors in China. The Obama and his administration are looking to take aim at unfair trade practices abroad to boost U.S. manufacturing and exports as he tries to win over voters and improve the economy in this election year.

Calling the country a "cheater," Romney promises to impose a variety of trade restrictions on China if they don't comply with what he calls intellectual property laws and allow their currency to float freely in foreign exchange markets.

"I'll clamp down on the cheaters" says Romeny, "and China is the worst example" as he unrolled his plan for job creation in Las Vegas.

"If they cheat, there is a price to pay," he added. "I don't want a trade war, but I don't want a trade surrender either."

Yet Paul stands strong and tells us that much like the Smoot-Hawley Tariffs that set off a global trade war and effectively doomed us to ten more years of economic misery, Obama’s decision to enact steep tariffs on Chinese imports could spark a trade war with the single most important trading partner w...

Yet Paul stands strong and tells us that much like the Smoot-Hawley Tariffs that set off a global trade war and effectively doomed us to ten more years of economic misery, Obama’s decision to enact steep tariffs on Chinese imports could spark a trade war with the single most important trading partner we have.

We might not like it because we know we should never have reached this point in our economy. We are here because of our governments bad business choices; but lets be honest with ourselves not only does China manufacture a whole host of products that end up on American store shelves, they are also still buying our Treasury debt." do you wish Obama or Romney to continue to direct America using even more sanctions against a sovereign nation?

Obama vs. Romney - What's the Difference?

If you like Obamacare, then vote for Romney or vote for Obama. It really does not matter. If you support war-mongering then vote for Obama or vote for Romney, it really does not matter. On Mideast policies, it does not matter. On trade, it does not matter.

Other than a small number of social issues like abortion, it simply does not matter.

You know who I support and its NOT the status quo ...
  • KCurtis 2012/03/24 15:13:50 (edited)
    KCurtis
    +5
    gold and silver coins
    I've been collecting these for a long time.
    +6

2014/09/16 13:31:37