Allen West tirade: Wasserman Schultz 'vile...despicable...not a Lady'

KCurtis 2011/07/20 02:24:28

Florida GOP Congressman Allen West this afternoon dispatched a scathing personal email to Democratic National Committee Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz, calling her "vile, unprofessional ,and despicable," "a coward," "characterless," and "not a Lady," and demanding that she "shut the heck up."

Wasserman Schultz, in whose neighboring South Florida district West lives, provoked his tirade with remarks after he left the House floor today, in which she responded -- without naming him -- to the Tea Party freshman's support for "Cut, Cap, and Balance" legislation to raise the debt ceiling.

"The gentleman from Florida. who represents thousands of Medicare beneficiaries, as do I, is supportive of this plan that would increase costs for Medicare beneficiaries, unbelievable from a Member from South Florida," Wasserman Schultz said, saying the legislation "slashes Medicaid and critical investments essential to winning the future in favor of protecting tax breaks for Big Oil, millionaires, and companies who ship American jobs overseas."

Her criticism of the legislation -- more or less what most Democrats are saying today -- provoked a furious response. West copied members of House Republican and Democratic leadership on the email, as well as his chief-of-staff, Jonathan Blyth.

The full email:http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0711/Allen_West_tirade...

Editorial:
Debbie Wasserman Schultz is exactly the kind of Democrat that sucks off the teet of the elderly to gain votes with smoke and mirrors while supporting plans that continue to leach off the American Family. Americans know the full impact of Medicare Cuts because they are the basis for Obamacare, take from the old people to pay off the poor democratic voters. All I can say to those individuals of all ages from the Wasserman district... You get what you pay for. Liars, thieves, deceptiveness to fool the seniors into the belief that they support them, but when push comes to shove it's quite clear the Wasserman's of the world will stomp on you, throw you aside and devastate your life in favor of the DNC.

• KCurtis 2011/07/20 02:27:34
    KCurtis
    +35
    With Wasserman Schultz the "C" word comes to mind... Cut Cap and Balance has her on the attack. Congrats Congressman West. You got to them. Keep up the good work!

• JULIE Stella ... 2011/07/21 00:21:34
    JULIE
    Fortunately for you about 33 years ago my mother fought along side her for the rights of women, but I guess you just assumed that was Allen West that fought for your rights
  • texasred JULIE 2011/07/21 00:32:58
    texasred
    +2
    Allen West put his life on the line for our freedoms and our nation. I think that trumps your mother and diddly squat wasserman fighting for women's rights.
  • JULIE texasred 2011/07/21 00:41:17
    JULIE
    Then I guess you shouldn't vote this time since woman's rights don't mean anything to you.
    Barefoot & pregers for you.
    Allen West is a good soldier, and that's were he should have stayed.
  • Stryder JULIE 2011/07/21 00:40:11
    Stryder
    +2
    That doesn't make her a good congresswoman.
  • JULIE Stryder 2011/07/21 00:42:18
    JULIE
    Standing up for what the majority of Floridians want Does!
  • Stryder JULIE 2011/07/21 00:51:24 (edited)
    Stryder
    +2
    You keep saying the majority of Floridians. What majority? And where are you getting this from? A HuffPo poll?
  • JULIE Stryder 2011/07/21 01:33:26
  • Stryder JULIE 2011/07/21 06:02:48
    Stryder
    +1
    She's an obnoxious bitch. Thanks for showing this.
  • hooda JULIE 2011/07/21 05:59:14
    hooda
    +1
    You mean abortion rights? We already could vote and work, but I'm sure your mom and the DSW saved the world by taking other people's money and redistributing it to others.
  • JULIE hooda 2011/07/22 01:03:36
    JULIE
    Well you didnt make the same money as men did for the same jobs, Im so sick of you 1 minded people
    Abortion, No one was talking about abortion, Too bad your mother didnt think about it all the time
  • hooda JULIE 2011/07/22 01:23:54
    hooda
    +1
    Women still don't make the same money so it appears your mother and Wasserman fell short of the finish line, like most Libs. Case in point...0bama.
  • Stella ... JULIE 2011/07/21 14:28:48
    Stella Bella
    +2
    I don't assume anything. You assume that because I didn't for Debbie Wasserman that I would automatically vote for Allen West.
  • 56lady☆POTL JLA BTO-t- BCRA... 2011/07/20 20:53:31
    56lady☆POTL JLA BTO-t- BCRA-F's
    +8
    debbie wasserman schultz the new darling of the socialist/communist/marist party!

Congratulations Congressman Allen West! :)
  • Birthpangs 2011/07/20 20:34:19
  • texasred Birthpangs 2011/07/21 00:33:37
    texasred
    +2
    She's the new reason for birth control.
  • hooda 2011/07/20 20:23:04
    hooda
    +10
    Looks like he nailed it in his typically succinct style. I love the fact that Republicans are standing up to these Democrat bullies; just like Joe Walsh let Chris Matthews have it.

• LisaSmith hooda 2011/07/20 21:14:38
    LisaSmith
    +6
    Joe Walsh gives me a reason to be proud of the fact that I live in Illinois.
  • hooda LisaSmith 2011/07/20 21:43:41
    hooda
    +5
    It looks like we got some real fighters in the new batch of House freshmen, and we are going to need fighters if we want our country back! I was proud of Walsh too!
  • Stryder LisaSmith 2011/07/21 00:41:30 (edited)
    Stryder
    +1
    Amen, Lisa. One of the few.
  • Apache hooda 2011/07/20 21:43:31 (edited)
  • Scott hooda 2011/07/20 23:03:33
    Scott
    +3
    BUY THAT MAN A DRINK !
  • Stryder hooda 2011/07/21 00:46:30
    Stryder
    +2
    Chris got pwned.
  • Scott hooda 2011/07/22 00:00:51
    Scott
    +1
    " THAT " was one funny exchange !
  • heirsoftheking 2011/07/20 19:24:03
    heirsoftheking
    +9
    He's getting right about her not being a lady. She's looking less like a lady, more like a man everyday.
  • Rosie 2011/07/20 19:04:48
    Rosie
    +8
    THE EDITORIAL DESCRIBES HER AND THE DNC PERFECTLY. SHE IS DESPICABLE, DECEITFUL AND UUUU...UUUUGLY.
  • dispatcher 2011/07/20 19:00:53
  • elijahin24 2011/07/20 18:43:36
    elijahin24
    +3
    West was a disgrace to the Army, and now it looks like he's being a disgrace to the House of Representatives too. I'm sure the Baggers are proud though. He's just their style.
  • LisaSmith elijahin24 2011/07/20 18:53:11
    LisaSmith
    +13
    I am so sorry that he is not an effeminate little girly man like Obama. You are right. This bagger is proud. I am proud of his service to our country. I am proud that he saved his mens lives and I am proud that he represents this country as a congressman. His type of man is my style. I like men who are actually men and don't let everyone walk on them. So you think a loud mouthed bitch should just talk to him like he is trash and he should just say yes ma'am?
  • elijahin24 LisaSmith 2011/07/20 20:20:02
    elijahin24
    +2
    No. He's supposed to be a statesman. He's supposed to argue with her usng facts and logic. Not challenge her to a fist fight. Yeah, that's really manly.
    And he wasn't trying to protect his soldiers. He was trying to protect himself. Until he learned that he was the target, he was following protocol and letting his interrogators do their job. He panicked when he learned that he was the target, and abused a prisoner.
    Loyalty, duty, respect, selfless service, honor, integrity, personal courage: these are the Army Values. They pound these into every soldiers head from the moment they arrive at Basic Training. The only one of these he didnt violate (to my knowledge) was loyalty. The man is a self-serving coward, and an embarassment to my uniform.
    You should raise your standard in men.
  • LisaSmith elijahin24 2011/07/20 21:11:18
    LisaSmith
    +6
    You are all over the place with lies and inaccuracies. First of all he did not challenge her to a fist fight. Logic and facts never work with a liberal. I can understand his frustration. He was trying to protect his soldiers even if he was trying to protect himself as well I sure don't have a problem with out soldiers trying to make it out alive. My standards in men are fine. I have a great husband who I love very much and we have a nice life. I am sure Allen Wests wife feels she made a very good choice when she chose her husband. He has done very well by her.

Lt. Col. West did exactly what he did to save the lives of the men under his command. And he’d do it again.

At the hearing kicking him out of the military, West was asked by his defense attorney if he would fire his pistol again under similar circumstances. His reply tells me exactly what kind of man West is.

“If it’s about the lives of my men and their safety, I’d go through hell with a gasoline can.”

If I was under his command, that’s exactly the answer I want to hear from my commander. I want to know without a doubt that the man in charge will do everything in his power to keep me alive in a really crappy situation.

And the politically-correct moron squad in Washington demanded his career be ended as a resul...

And the politically-correct moron squad in Washington demanded his career be ended as a result. It figures. Better that American soldiers be tortured and murdered at the hands of terrorists, than a single terrorist be forced to wet his pants in fear.

Typical response of moronic bureaucrats huddled safely in their office towers, isn’t it.

Disgusting. Cowardly. Treasonous, actually. Link to the last part below.

http://christopherdiarmani.co...
  • elijahin24 LisaSmith 2011/07/20 21:48:07
    elijahin24
    I know he would do it again. That's why I don't trust him. All that line about the gasoline can tells you is that he knows how to spin. It doesn't make it real.

Wow, that's some nice cutting and pasting, you've done on this thread. Really impressive. Also I saw a total of 0 credible sources listed here. Perhaps I should list the national enquirer as a source. Or an Oliver Stone movie.
    You bring some facts and logic, and we'll see how well they work on a Liberal. Until then, I'll simply say this: I've seen combat. I've seen what happens when people like Alan West are in charge. They say all the right things to make themselves look good, then they throw their subordinates under the bus. He covered his own ass, and that's all he did.
  • gogleer elijahin24 2011/07/20 22:28:42
    gogleer
    +5
    Here you go I did the work for you , took me about 2 mins. You are a liar , so I doubt anything else you said or will say will be true either . Typical of progressive demoturds, you did not feel the need credit your comments , I noticed , Every comment Lisa made was true .

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

While serving in Taji, Iraq, West received information from an intelligence specialist about a reported plot to ambush him and his men.[11] The alleged plot reportedly involved Yahya Jhodri Hamoodi, a civilian Iraqi police officer.[11] West, who was not responsible for conducting interrogations in Iraq and had never conducted or witnessed one, had his men detain Hamoodi.[11] In the process of detaining Mr. Hamoodi, soldiers testified that Mr. Hamoodi appeared to reach for his weapon and needed to be subdued.[11] Hamoodi was beaten by four soldiers from the 220th Field Artillery Battalion on the head and body.[12] West then fired his pistol near Hamoodi's head,[11] after which Hamoodi provided West with names and information, which Hamoodi later described as "meaningless information induced by fear and pain."[11] At least one of these suspects was arrested as a result, but no plans for attacks or weapons were found.[11] West said "At the time I had to base my decision...

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

While serving in Taji, Iraq, West received information from an intelligence specialist about a reported plot to ambush him and his men.[11] The alleged plot reportedly involved Yahya Jhodri Hamoodi, a civilian Iraqi police officer.[11] West, who was not responsible for conducting interrogations in Iraq and had never conducted or witnessed one, had his men detain Hamoodi.[11] In the process of detaining Mr. Hamoodi, soldiers testified that Mr. Hamoodi appeared to reach for his weapon and needed to be subdued.[11] Hamoodi was beaten by four soldiers from the 220th Field Artillery Battalion on the head and body.[12] West then fired his pistol near Hamoodi's head,[11] after which Hamoodi provided West with names and information, which Hamoodi later described as "meaningless information induced by fear and pain."[11] At least one of these suspects was arrested as a result, but no plans for attacks or weapons were found.[11] West said "At the time I had to base my decision on the intelligence I received. It's possible that I was wrong about Mr. Hamoodi."[11]
    West was charged with violating articles 128 (assault) and 134 (general article) of the Uniform Code of Military Justice. During a hearing held as part of an Article 32 investigation in November 2003, West stated, "I know the method I used was not right, but I wanted to take care of my soldiers."[12] The charges were ultimately referred to an Article 15 proceeding rather than court-martial, at which West was fined $5,000.[11] LTC West accepted the judgment and retired with full benefits in the summer of 2004. Asked if he would act differently under similar circumstances again, West testified, "If it's about the lives of my soldiers at stake, I'd go through hell with a gasoline can."[13] After Lieutenant Colonel West was relieved of his command, an interpreter employed by a private contractor said that without his presence the region he previously oversaw "became more dangerous and chaotic".[11]
  • elijahin24 gogleer 2011/07/21 00:07:06
    elijahin24
    Is this supposed to bolster your case? He fired his sidearm next to the mans head. He had his thugs (yes they are thugs. I won't call them soldiers either) beat the hell out of this guy. He saw that he was a target, and though he had never so much as WITNESSED an interrogation, he took over this one. And I don't give a damn what the interpreter said: The ends don't justify the means. If we don't have a standard of behavior that is higher than that of our enemies, by what right do we consider ourselves the good guys?
  • gogleer elijahin24 2011/07/21 02:24:57
    gogleer
    +1
    My case requires no bolstering , the facts are there in that paragraph . Also I saw a total of 0 credible sources listed in your dribble .The ends don't justify the means , unless you are progressive “ right”
    West was fined $5,000.[11] for protecting Himself , His SOILDERS ,and His COUNTRY
    West accepted the judgment and retired with full benefits in the summer of 2004. This for the thinking impaired would mean , He left the military HONORABLY, unlike your lies and rhetoric that would have left people thinking otherwise
    “And I don't give a damn what the interpreter said “ that is plain to see but you go through all the trouble of spreading lies about someone you know nothing about , a situation you know nothing about , simply because you didn’t like that someone likes Lieutenant Colonel West and appreciates his service .
    Why don’t you and the GIRL SCOUTS go fight our wars for us, maybe you could give the enemy some cookies and it will all be alright .
    You look jealous
  • elijahin24 gogleer 2011/07/21 02:49:50
    elijahin24
    He was allowed to retire. That's it. If the Army was ok with what he had done, He'd have been allowed to continue to serve. I'm not jealous. I'm proud of my service. There isn't any part of my service that I need to apologize or make excuses for.
    Do you know the difference between a warrior, and a soldier? A warrior fights, indiscriminately. His job is simply to win. A soldier exercises discipline, temperance, even mercy. West practiced none of that.
    I'm going to ignore your girl-scout statement because it's idiotic, and I doubt that you've spent one minute in a military uniform.
  • gogleer elijahin24 2011/07/21 13:25:32
    gogleer
    +1
    The military allowed him to retire , there fore he must have made a judgment call the military could find no fault in . electing to retire after an investigation of his conduct during the interrogation of a detainee in Taji, Iraq.[6]
    Electing - decide to do something : make a decision to do something ,
    This would mean he had other options .
    In one of your previous lies , you state that West and his men beat an unarmed detainee , yet in the report it states that “ soldiers testified that Mr. Hamoodi appeared to reach for his weapon and needed to be subdued“. How is that unarmed . These soldiers obviously did what they thought they had to do . Maybe they twisted the rules ( a little ) , maybe not , but someone like you should appreciate that , with your mentality , lies , and twisting of the facts I’m sure twisting the rules and truths is a daily occurrence for you .
    As for me , no never served in the military , was never a need in the late 70’s and 80’s when I was of an appropriate age . My father fought , 3 years in Vietnam , my grandfather fought in Korean War , my ancestors fought in the Civil War and the Revolutionary War .My grandmother is Cherokee , my family has been fighting since the beginning of this country’s existence . You are weak , like o-blunder and that wea...
    This would mean he had other options .
    As for me , no never served in the military , was never a need in the late 70’s and 80’s when I was of an appropriate age . My father fought , 3 years in Vietnam , my grandfather fought in Korean War , my ancestors fought in the Civil War and the Revolutionary War .My grandmother is Cherokee , my family has been fighting since the beginning of this country’s existence . You are weak , like o-blunder and that weakness is what emboldens our enemies . If left to weak-minded people like you this country will be destroyed , ahhh hell would have never existed . I am a working tax-payer and voter for over 30 years . Your ideology has crippled our country , our soldiers and you make us weak in the eye’s of our enemies . You , Kerry and Jane Hanoi Fonda can eat crow , Thank You for vacating your seat in the military as to make room for a Real Soldier .
  • elijahin24 gogleer 2011/07/23 02:13:30
    elijahin24
    Clearly you don't know how the military works. If they "allow" you to retire, what they mean is "you will NOT wear our uniform anymore. You can either retire, or we will dishonorably discharge you. How much trouble are you going to be for us?" It's kinda like when the president tells someone to resign or be fired. He was in an interrogation room. he had no weapon. what was he gonna do, choke someone with his shirt? Just because someone said it, doesn't make it true, and just because you disagree with me, and prefer to believe facts not in evidence, doesn't make me a liar. This man is a disgrace to my uniform, and now to the United States Congress. Support him all you want. I'm done with you.
  • KCurtis elijahin24 2011/07/23 02:34:01
    KCurtis
    What are you talking about, as my father would say you talk like you have a paper a$$hole. The army or any of the military branches will not pay retirement to any serviceman who would be dishonorably discharged. They don't allow anyone to retire and collect who has done a crime that would qualified to be removed from service. Get down to earth and stop throwing your rhetoric around when you have nothing to back it up.
  • elijahin24 KCurtis 2011/07/23 03:03:15
    elijahin24
    Ollie North retired. You really wanna make this case?
  • KCurtis elijahin24 2011/07/23 03:21:15
    KCurtis
    The Senate restored his retirement brainiac, the Marine Corps took it away. Do you really think you have something to call a leg there?

2014/10/25 08:55:03