"All Black People" Asked To Leave Wal-Mart: Should The Store Be Held Responsible?

La Saria 2010/03/17 19:31:53
Yes. Wal-Mart obviously had no safeguards to ensure that people wouldn't be able to say whatever they wanted to a crowd.
No. This was the act of a random person, and Wal-Mart can't patrol everything 24/7.
I think Wal-Mart...
Black customers at a South Jersey Wal-Mart were asked to leave the store through an overhead announcement. Shoppers and employees alike were shocked when an unidentified man used the PA system and calmly announced: "Attention Wal-Mart customers: All black people leave the store now." Many complained to store management and notified police of the event, and an apology over the PA system was made. Wal-Mart officials are now looking at security tapes to identify the man and have said that they are working to make sure this "unacceptable" incident never happens again. Two customers that were in the store during the announcement were so outraged that they are now boycotting the store. Do you think Wal-Mart should be responsible for the actions of a random nut-job?

• Jackie 2010/03/18 03:08:39 (edited)
    No. This was the act of a random person, and Wal-Mart can't patrol everything...
    Jackie
    +16
    NO, but I'm sure someone will see this as their winning lottery ticket and sue Walmart for the "pain and suffering" they went through because they were "offended" for being told to leave the store by some NUT JOB who got a hold of the PA system. Freeloaders of any race are usually the ones "offended" and money seems to ease their pain and suffering.

• thinkaboutit 2010/03/18 20:34:57
    thinkaboutit
    +2
    they should definetly figure out who said it and punish them. other than that its kinda funny. but no i dont think its wal marts fault and the one wanting to boycott wal mart shoud go right ahead that way they wont be in my way next time im there.
  • Franklin 2010/03/18 20:34:02
    Franklin
    +2
    ...its a kids prank , if they find the guy he should be told not to do it again or he will be baned from walmart ...as far as every one els get the F-over it ! Grown up losers if this had a dramatic affect on you then you have no business going out in public , fact is we don't even know who did this yet odds are it was a black teen ager pulling a dumb prank ...in fact I am willing to bet it was a black youth as they would be far more likely to say what was said than a white youth
  • coffee man Franklin 2010/03/18 21:18:27
    coffee man
    LOL, Why is that? Because Black kids are more likely to be socially disruptive than nice white kids?
  • Franklin coffee man 2010/03/19 13:25:32
    Franklin
    +1
    Hell NO , because white kids would pause and consider the consequences of the non politically correct nature of the statement ...the implications would not be evident to a person of color .
    Short story , so I was driving threw an all black community with a friend/co worker in the truck with me (Black guy named Darrel ) he decided it would be funny to pick up the mike for the PA and yell at a group of young blacks “ You N-word-ers go get a job “ ...and then duck his head down so that all they saw was me when they looked at the tuck ! ...I stopped the truck and said if you don't pick your head up and wave at those young men right now I am going to make you walk ...to that he sat straight up and said “hell no not in this neighborhood” . The implications of what seams “wrong” to a white guy and to a black man highlighted in that incident struck me as funny (but informative)...If I was going to pull the prank that was pulled here at a walmart I would probably say “ attention all shoppers all white people must immediately leave the store” just because it seams more “funny” to me
  • mowerman-back to bust libs 2010/03/18 20:27:23
    mowerman-back to bust libs
    +1
    Please people grow up and take some personal responsibility. The nanny state goverment nor Wal-Mart can protect you and your feelings all the time.
  • Franklin mowerma... 2010/03/19 13:26:15
    Franklin
    +1
    ...but I want someone to protect my feelings...LOL
  • mowerma... Franklin 2010/03/19 13:28:05
    mowerman-back to bust libs
    LOL
  • Franklin mowerma... 2010/03/19 14:19:48
    Franklin
    +1
    O sorry I forgot I am a white man so according to most people I don't have any “feelings”
  • mowerma... Franklin 2010/03/19 20:39:26
    mowerman-back to bust libs
    +1
    Oh thats right lol
  • nails 2010/03/18 20:21:41 (edited)
    nails
    +1
    Kinda reminds me of the Sweeten girl who kidnapped her own kid flew to Florida,
    blamed two black people for kidnapping her and her child .I'm still waiting for one
    black complaint.------Still waiting. Oh I see,they dont think she has any money to be had so,that was OK.
  • rightside 2010/03/18 20:18:34
    rightside
    +1
    No, but some duoof will decide to sue over this.
    I've seen PA systems just waiting to have some child pick them up and say something on them. They can't be manned all the time.
    Wal mart can't be held responsible for this and the ding dong that wants to boycott the store is an idiot.
  • Isma'ila (God has heard)! 2010/03/18 20:18:24
    Isma'ila (God has heard)!
    +1
    The person who said it should be punished!
    +1
    Punish the nutjob who said i t!
  • GOODBYE SODAHEAD 2010/03/18 20:06:31
    GOODBYE SODAHEAD
    +2
    Just because some sick SOB grabs the PA, it doesn't make the store responsible for what was said. No more so than if he had said "FREE TVs FOR EVERYONE"!
  • ⟢ℂas℮y⟣ 2010/03/18 19:59:21
  • None 2010/03/18 19:53:04
    None
    +1
    Considering the way these things seem to shake out...I would wait to see just who didi this. They have it on vid...so we ought to know soon.
  • mojo 2010/03/18 19:52:41
    mojo
    It's wrong but for me it's the idiot that did the offending that should be made pay the price. Give people an inch and they will take a mile but what you have to also remember is where there is blame there is a claim. To be truthful that idiot is nothing but a sick bastard there is nothing funny here at all punish him.
  • LEAHCIM368~POTL~RWAC... 2010/03/18 19:52:13
    LEAHCIM368~POTL~RWAC...
    +1
    Give me a break, Held responsible for what? What are they going to do if they identify him..Did he break any laws...? Being a moron is not a crime!
  • gumybare69 2010/03/18 19:50:36
    gumybare69
    NO.
  • Cathy 2010/03/18 19:48:36
    I think Wal-Mart...
    Cathy
    I think that Wal-mart need to find out first if the person who made this comment over their PA system was one of their employees. If it was one of their employees....they need to fired that person because it could hurt their business, especially with African Americans who do a lot of shopping at the many Walmarts. I kind of think that it was one of their employees because their PA system isn't opened to the public for use.
  • Franklin Cathy 2010/03/18 20:29:40
    Franklin
    +2
    ...not true I have used the PA at walmart to find help when I don't feel like looking around for an employee
  • Cathy Franklin 2010/03/21 18:04:25
    Cathy
    Sorry, but the Walmart where I go, the PA system cannot be used by the public, only by their employees.
  • Spiryt Henderson 2010/03/18 19:38:15
    Yes. Wal-Mart obviously had no safeguards to ensure that people wouldn't be a...
    Spiryt Henderson
    +1
    Yes, they need to have better control over their equipment so as not to cause an embarrassment to their establishment. Let someone get on the PA system and yell out: ATTENTION WALMART SHOPPERS, ALL JEWS NEED TO LEAVE THE STORE IN A SINGLE FILE LINE.

I'm certain the opinion would be different. That is disgraceful and personally I think a public apology is in order. Its 2010 people.
  • coffee man Spiryt ... 2010/03/18 19:49:49
    coffee man
    I would think a public apology would be a no brainer, I don't think they should be punished though.
  • Franklin Spiryt ... 2010/03/18 20:28:43
    Franklin
    +1
    Well your right if he had said Jews or “white people” the reaction would have been different...no one would be pissing and moaning about it ! And they would not use it as an excuse to NOT WORK + be a thug for the next few months....LOL ...I bet your opinion will change when they find its a young black man that made the announcement
  • coffee man Franklin 2010/03/18 20:46:13
    coffee man
    don't kid yourself. If they said all white people need to leave the store there would be just as much of a stink.
  • Franklin coffee man 2010/03/19 13:30:54
    Franklin
    Not kidding...in fact I am considering trying it this after noon just because I know for a fact no one will give a crap...fact is 30 years ago when I moved into this very house a cross was burned in my front yard and you know what ? It was no big deal to anyone ! It was a bit of a big deal to me having to worry about what kind of people would run over my mail box , shoot out my yard lights (9 times) and burn a cross in my front yard (twice) ...but because I am white it was “no big deal” to the sheriff and just what they called “harmless vandalism” LOL
  • Spiryt ... Franklin 2010/03/18 22:33:58
    Spiryt Henderson
    i think we both know your statement is false about if it was said about jewish people
  • Franklin Spiryt ... 2010/03/19 13:33:08
    Franklin
    I really do want to test this one! Because I have seen hate crimes against synagogue go with out so much as a mention on the news but if a church in a black neighborhood gets robed its a “hate crime” (until it turns out to be local kids who committed the robbery then its a non-crime all together because they are poor and black)
  • Spiryt ... Franklin 2010/03/19 19:38:44
    Spiryt Henderson
    I don't have that experience at all, and I'm certain you don't either.
  • Franklin Spiryt ... 2010/03/20 04:19:59
    Franklin
    Actually I have many experiences , I did have a cross burned in my front yard as a teenager , I have been to places where my white skin can get me killed , and I have had a truck I was driving shot over my skin color ...I come from a very small town that was way behind the times back in the 70's when we moved here , but I moved on to be a soldier and travel the world after that I worked as a garbage man and have traveled all over this country ...I have lived everything you will ever “talk about” when it comes to “Race relations” ...at this point you will go hyper racist and shout YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE TO BE BLACK at me and your own blinding self imposed ignorance will keep you from realizing that all other races can say exactly the same thing to you RE: you don't know what its like to be yellow-white- etc and all of your comments on what its like to be me are assumptions you can't know but you paint pictures of how much better others have it than you do ...and based on those assumptions you feel your race should be treated “differently” than others ....wow how does that ever lead to equality ? LOL
  • Spiryt ... Franklin 2010/03/20 06:42:43
    Spiryt Henderson
    No race has the monopoly on ignorance, black folks can be just as racist as white folks, any display of it all is unacceptable, period. It should be dealt with in a proper manner. Every race has to deal with the ignorance another race has for it. This incident centered around black people. It would be dispicable if it happened to any race, prolly definitely overlooked if someone said: all white people leave the store. Matter of fact it wouldn't have even made the news LOL, would have been laughable if it did, to let the truth be told.
  • LEAHCIM... Spiryt ... 2010/03/18 20:36:04
    LEAHCIM368~POTL~RWAC...
    +1
    Your little, leave in a single file line statement is not lost on me...There is no comparison needed..It was a stupid thing to say by a dumbass moron...THey already apologized..Its not the end of the world, its over move on!
  • Spiryt ... LEAHCIM... 2010/03/18 22:35:58
    Spiryt Henderson
    "its over move on!"

umm, calm down... i was just answering the post.
  • LEAHCIM... Spiryt ... 2010/03/19 13:46:30 (edited)
    LEAHCIM368~POTL~RWAC...
    Really, do ya think comparing this stupid incident to the HOLOCAUST is just answering the post PATHETIC...I am tired of this shit...YOU THINK BLACK PEOPLE HAVE CORNERED THE MARKET ON PAIN AND SUFFERING...GIVE ME A BREAK....NOTHING COMPARES TO THE HOLOCAUST PERIOD...THAT WAS GENOCIDE PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!!!
  • Spiryt ... LEAHCIM... 2010/03/19 18:46:28
    Spiryt Henderson
    I'm not comparing it to the Holocaust. I'm comparing if this was said about Jews, Walmart would be closed.
  • ExfleetSailorRet2006 2010/03/18 19:26:06
    ExfleetSailorRet2006
    If you talking "legally" responsible with all that is implied, absolutely not...although I'm assuming the access to microphones hooked up to the general PA system is controlled and someone merely failed to lock a door or left it otherwise unsecured. It was a lapse with no real harm done and certainly a "fix" will follow.
  • jay 2010/03/18 19:23:51
    jay
    Yes, black people must now do to Wal-Mart what they did to Los Angeles after the Rodney King verdict and what they have done after anything they didn't like happened to a black person.

There are times when just plain old looting is not enough.

Burn, baby, burn.
  • coffee man jay 2010/03/18 19:32:36
    coffee man
    +1
    wow, two nut jobs said they aren't going to shop there and you say "they" should do what "they" did after Rodney King?
    and you probably don't understand why people call you a racist.
  • jay coffee man 2010/03/18 20:17:52
    jay
    Nobody has called me a racist unless they themselves are a racist and they are trying to point fngers away from themselves. .

But I'm calling YOU a racist, and would gladly do so to your face, because that's exactly what you are.

2014/09/22 16:21:56