"All Black People" Asked To Leave Wal-Mart: Should The Store Be Held Responsible?

La Saria 2010/03/17 19:31:53
Yes. Wal-Mart obviously had no safeguards to ensure that people wouldn't be able to say whatever they wanted to a crowd.
No. This was the act of a random person, and Wal-Mart can't patrol everything 24/7.
I think Wal-Mart...
Black customers at a South Jersey Wal-Mart were asked to leave the store through an overhead announcement. Shoppers and employees alike were shocked when an unidentified man used the PA system and calmly announced: "Attention Wal-Mart customers: All black people leave the store now." Many complained to store management and notified police of the event, and an apology over the PA system was made. Wal-Mart officials are now looking at security tapes to identify the man and have said that they are working to make sure this "unacceptable" incident never happens again. Two customers that were in the store during the announcement were so outraged that they are now boycotting the store. Do you think Wal-Mart should be responsible for the actions of a random nut-job?

• Jackie 2010/03/18 03:08:39 (edited)
    No. This was the act of a random person, and Wal-Mart can't patrol everything...
    Jackie
    +16
    NO, but I'm sure someone will see this as their winning lottery ticket and sue Walmart for the "pain and suffering" they went through because they were "offended" for being told to leave the store by some NUT JOB who got a hold of the PA system. Freeloaders of any race are usually the ones "offended" and money seems to ease their pain and suffering.

• The Big Taboo [AKA Phuck No... 2010/03/18 00:38:54
    The Big Taboo [AKA Phuck Norris]
    +5
    There is no reason to prepare for the eventuality of a random individual using their store intercom to make an offensive statement audible to the whole store. Seriously, what are the odds? They apologized and that's all the more they can do.
  • rhstarr 2010/03/18 00:29:05
    I think Wal-Mart...
    rhstarr
    +1
    Well I dont know.... I mean this is not the first time someone has gotten on the PA system. They have phones placed in areas of the stores. And anyone can get on them.. They dont have any kind of pass codes. So maybe if they put a pass code on the phone systems then they wont have this problem.
  • lasurfgrl 2010/03/17 23:37:50
    lasurfgrl
    +2
    It is not walmarts fault. Anyone can use those phones. Look, the media is responsible for most of the crap that happens today because they manipulating everyone. They put in office whom THEY want. THEY only allow you to hear the candidate THEY want in office. THEY have become the advertisers for whom they want the public to hire, fire, or to love. But make no mistake, the media are all a bunch of liars and manipulators. So if someone is upset & says something stupid like that bigot said, it is because the media is pushing on the public what THEY want. Many people are complaining that all you see on T.V. are blacks & gays. This is not my words or voice, only what many many people are complaining to me about. They feel as though our choices in a government that is supposed to be free has been absconded from us through the media. They know bad stuff about someone & yet they don't tell if THEY want him in office. If THEY have an agenda to push such as the gay life style being normal, they put them on the tube on every channel on every program on every hour. What worries me is this: So many have complained that I am worried a big uprising of hatred is going to start and it will be worse than the Rodney King riots.
  • blackmoon 2010/03/17 23:32:03
    I think Wal-Mart...
    blackmoon
    +1
    WHAT????? dont matter what color u are the money is still green
  • Mr Big 2010/03/17 22:38:17
  • Jackie Mr Big 2010/03/18 03:17:15
    Jackie
    +2
    LOL I love it :) ..."safeguards against the unsafe use of a PA system" too funny!!!! Next our government will go after people laughing at an off color bad joke. Hey I'm Irish and Italian and I laugh at those jokes against my heritage.
  • coffee man Jackie 2010/03/18 19:35:53
    coffee man
    don't you think they should have safeguards in the first place? Kind of like if someone picked up the PA system and started screaming "FIRE!!"?
  • Mr Big coffee man 2010/04/03 04:35:13
    Mr Big
    Yes, indeed...put the microphone in a safe. Safeguards. Somebody need to safeguard your ass from posting idiotic remarks.
  • Jackie coffee man 2010/04/07 05:24:10
    Jackie
    It's not the same as screaming FIRE over a PA system. Now we want the government to "safeguard" us to use our common sense. Hey, If some nitwit yelled into a PA system that all Italian/Irish must leave Walmart right now...I'd laugh and know it was a prank...I'm not over sensitive as to what my ancestors went through with their discrimination when coming to our country."Irish need not apply". As the joke goes...a lot of Italian immigrants luggage that read TO NY, meant Tony to the processing of Italian immigrants, thus a lot of Tony's in our country lol .My Irish and Italian grandparents who came over on the boat overcame their "discrimination" that they faced when coming to America by proving themselves to be hardworking LEGAL immigrants who wanted to be AMERICANS and therefor acted like Americans. My Italian grandparents always spoke ENGLISH in front of us kids, and I never knew they spoke fluent Italian until I took Italian in HS....because as my dad told me his parents were PROUD TO BE AMERICANS and wanted to be considered Americans, so they purposefully lost their accent. Now the loons want us to embrace others from foreign country's to embrace THEIR culture and language, instead of THEM embracing ours.
  • beachgeek Jackie 2010/03/19 01:04:04
    beachgeek
    hey don't be surprised if they try an indict whomever did it on hate crimes charges....
  • Jackie beachgeek 2010/04/07 05:46:51
    Jackie
    Oh I'm sure someone shopping that day in Walmar who didn't even hear it(but now does) will sue because they were supposedly "offended" by it. A lawyer who uses the race card to defend a client and those who hire such a lawyer for being "offended" are now the equivalent of hitting the lottery. You can get a million for being offended these days for a comment, and the lawyer gets $300,000 in defending that you were offended by a sticks and stones comment?:
  • coffee man Mr Big 2010/03/18 19:34:46
    coffee man
    easy killer, it looks like there is only one person blowing things out of proportion here.
  • Mr Big coffee man 2010/04/03 04:37:53
    Mr Big
    I am a passionate man... :-)
    Killer...I like it. I think I'll change my name.
  • Smokey 2010/03/17 22:21:29
    Smokey
    +5
    No, I don't think Wal-Mart should be held responsible... but I wished he would have announced for all ILLEGAL immigrants to leave the store... then maybe I wouldn't have to wait in line longer. :)
  • rhstarr Smokey 2010/03/18 00:31:10
    rhstarr
    LOL.... that is true.
  • beachgeek Smokey 2010/03/19 01:02:42
    beachgeek
    +1
    Smokey you crack me up my friend LOL!! that was hilarious and I am feelin your pain too... maybe it should have been, "Attention, Wal Mart shoppers, would all illegal aliens please leave the store and exit our country as well. Thank you for shopping with your local Wal Mart and have a nice day"

I can sleep good tonight with a smile in my heart now LOL!! TY
  • fairiefang -annoying fashio... 2010/03/17 22:03:54
    I think Wal-Mart...
    fairiefang -annoying fashion snobs everywhere-
    +3
    As much as I despise Wal-Mart and want them to be shut down...

I don't think the store should be blamed on some idiot. This jerk could have done that anywhere.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if this was some disgruntled employee trying to get the company in trouble...knowing how wonderfully Wal-Mart is known for treating their employees...
  • Mr Big fairief... 2010/03/17 23:40:44
    Mr Big
    Yea, I just HATE those low prices. Shut 'em down!
  • fairief... Mr Big 2010/03/17 23:47:52
    +2
    The low prices are due to the fact that they don't pay their employees well at all! Plus, those employees are treated like dirt!

The president or CEO or whatever of Wal-Mart gave an interview once where he bluntly stated that he really doesn't care about his employees and will keep paying them little as long as he keeps making good money for himself. I wanted to punch him!
  • Miss An... fairief... 2010/03/18 19:35:57
    Miss Andrist
    +1
    Factor in how they screw the suppliers, too.
  • Mr Big Miss An... 2010/04/03 04:39:12
    Mr Big
    How so? Please enlighten.
  • Miss An... Mr Big 2010/04/05 02:54:36
    Miss Andrist
    The little guy trying to get his product into the market goes to Walmart, and Walmart says. " Yeah, sure, we'll buy x amount of units from you....but your cost to us is too high, so cut us a deal on the overall cost, and then we'll sell in our stores."
    The little guy cuts his manufacturer cost ( not big companies, of course...I mean the really little guys), and ends up either cutting corners on his product or going to HS suppliers and doing the same thing. Meanwhile, Walmart sells the product at a higher mark up to maximize profit, and they come out the big winner.
  • Mr Big fairief... 2010/04/03 04:33:58
    Mr Big
    I've never run into an unhappy employee at a Wal-Mart. Any employee I've posed the question "do you like working hear" to has said yes. As for your second statement about the interview, post a link. Otherwise, I have to say BULLSHIT.
  • fairief... Mr Big 2010/04/03 16:00:44
    I'll try to find a link. I saw it on tv so hopefully someone posted it on youtube or something. It was years ago so it will take me awhile to find it.
  • Captain Sticky 2010/03/17 21:54:11
    Captain Sticky
    It's all part of a French plot. Maybe we should nuke Paris?
  • Mr Big Captain... 2010/04/03 04:39:30
    Mr Big
    +1
    I knew it. Damned surrender monkeys!
  • GoddessMother 2010/03/17 21:51:36
    GoddessMother
    Some idiot thought he would be funny and somehow this is Wal-Mart's fault? Sounds like an adolesant prank. Not something even worth worrying about. Not any different as far as I am concerned than if he would have said "all fat people".
  • sweetguy45 2010/03/17 21:41:26 (edited)
    sweetguy45
    I think the whole issue is absurd, 1st of all why should anybody leave the store just because it is announced over the P.A. system, unless it is an emergency and the Manager does make the announcment. 2nd why should anybody be (offended) just because somebody makes a stupid statement, Has our entire nation been reduced to children that get offended by ther slightest remark a stipid bully makes, or are we as a nation of people more intelligent than to get offended and overlook the statement. I think it should be the latter. Racial idiots are going to say stupid things just to aggrivate and offend you, this is a well known fact. Don't lower your intelligence standards to their level and show that you are offended. Let it go, and ignore their statement and show these people that their stupid statements made to you as intelligent American shopper don't bother you. Don't leave the store just because you were told to by a stupid racist.Show these stupid people that you are better than they are.Don't allow racism to live, let racism die and people will get over it.
  • Maine Guy 2010/03/17 20:52:20
    I think Wal-Mart...
    Maine Guy
    Wal-Mart has alot to answer for. wal-mart wal-mart alot answer
    +3
    First of all I really like Wal Mart. I shop there practically everyday. I even wanted to work there. The point is Wal mart should not be blamed for this incident. Dont get me wrong being racist is a very bad thing and it is a shame that some people still discriminate. People are all the same no matter what. The man was not even an employee so why get mad at Wal mart? He should be sued and arrested. People need to stop discriminating.
  • Dude 2010/03/17 20:35:39
    Dude
    +2
    In all the years up till now this has not happened. I'm sure the store doesn't want to turn away anybodies money. So i'm sure they don't support it and I don't see any negligence in not having a security guard for the intercom.
  • Dude Dude 2010/03/17 20:40:11
    Dude
    I just remembered. There is a Walmart near me that was doing their daytime announcements only in Spanish. What do you all think of that?
  • Holls Dude 2010/03/17 21:11:57
    Holls
    Um Well I Don't Discriminate Against Anyone... But When You Move Her You Should Learn Some Of The Language. I Would Love To Learn Another Language But I Can't Understand People... I Just Think It Would Be A Good Idea To Learn The Language Before You Movie To Another Country That Doesn't Speak English
  • sc1670 Dude 2010/03/21 19:32:53
  • ImSoMad 2010/03/17 20:18:20
    ImSoMad
    No, they can't be held responsible for some random weirdo. But it is pretty funny. They should have asked for all who aren't smiling to leave walmart! Have you ever been in walmart, and seen very many people smile? No!!! everyone is always so unhappy walking around. "Attention Walmart shoppers......Will all UNHAPPY patrons please leave the premises!!!!"
  • ὤTṻnde΄ӂ 2010/03/17 20:10:46
    ὤTṻnde΄ӂ
    +1
    I remember when a very creative group of seniors were able to tap into the PA system at school and proceeded to have an audio from one of Adam Sandler's movies. It was kinda' R-rated, but absolutely hilarious. I don't know if the administration ever found out who it was but I love it when funny, non-destructive activities are done by some students. (This is off topic, but the senior class one year went all over the district and stole "For Sale" signs from homes that were for sale. They put up hundreds of "For Sale" signs all over campus. Hilarious, real estate companies weren't too thrilled, though.)
    No, WalMart, or any company, can't be held responsible for someone breaking into the PA system.
  • jerrbear 2010/03/17 20:03:16
    I think Wal-Mart...
    jerrbear
    I'm surprised walmarts don't get more bomb threats.
  • lonewolf 2010/03/17 19:51:16
    lonewolf
    +1
    lmao. its kind funny. but i'm sure someone will turn it into more then what it was.
  • Yutt 2010/03/17 19:38:34
    Yutt
    +1
    Hahaha wow that is actually pretty funny Wal-Mart shouldn't be held responsible for that though not there fault someone was trying to be funny.
  • Angela 2010/03/17 19:37:32
    Angela
    +2
    LoL.. people do crazy things.. and if a lawsuit of some sorts comes out of this.. I won't be surprised. American dream to pursue a lawsuit and win.

2014/07/31 23:59:43