Algore's "Current TV" going the way of Air America?

RJ~PWCM~JLA 2012/02/06 18:12:16
Oh no, I'll be so upset if Current TV goes away, it's my favorite channel!
Good riddance to bad rubbish
What's Current TV?
Other
Hey, anybody remember Air America, the radio "network" with the crazy lineup of left-wing loony tunes hosts? It struggled to get by for a few years, and then went kaput!

Well now it looks like Algore's "Current TV" cable channel is following in Air America's footsteps, according to a Newsweek article appearing on The Daily Beast website:

Al Gore's Desperate Bid to Keep Keith Olbermann—and Save Current TV

The article magnanimously describes the channel as "scrappy" and "struggling to catch on". What they really meant to say was "crappy" and "one foot in the grave".

It conveys how, in a desperate bid to save the channel, Algore "begged" Keith Olbermann (remember him?) not to go.

OMG! Any time you find yourself begging a two-bit hack like Olbermann to save your ass, that's a good sign that your ass ain't worth saving!

But wait! Undaunted, Algore is in the process of "remaking" the channel as the "anti-Fox". And who knows? With Olbermann as the anchor, and other luminary hosts like Cenk Uygur (?) and the "governor who ate Michigan", Jennifer Granholm, they may soon be matching Fox's 10,000,000 nightly viewers.

Ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Read More: http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2012/02/05/i...

• Roni McCall 2013/08/16 12:34:30
    Roni McCall
    I've never seen an ad for current tv,i just happened apon it during a Bob Marely documentary. Not docudrama,there's too much of that on the other 'educational' channels-discovery,history,TLC- . i'LL ADMIT,MILLER IS ANNOYING, who wants to watch a radio show anyway?
  • vis_viva 2012/03/07 00:34:53
    Other
    vis_viva
    Air America helped launch several independent liberal radio programs that are now standing on their own without a needing a network behind them. Before Air America there was no liberal radio now there is. So if Current TV does the same thing that would be great.
  • RJ~PWCM... vis_viva 2012/03/07 03:25:37
    RJ~PWCM~JLA
    Oh really. Care to name those liberal programs?

We'll put them in a poll and see if anybody's ever heard of them, LOL!
  • vis_viva RJ~PWCM... 2012/03/07 04:07:33
    vis_viva
    Stephanie Miller, Ed Schultz, Thom Hartmann, Randi Rhodes, Rachel Maddow was on Air America early in her career so that worked out well for her.
  • RJ~PWCM... vis_viva 2012/03/07 12:08:40
    RJ~PWCM~JLA
    Maddow & Schultz are on MSNBC. They wre unheard of before that.

The others? As I said, nobody ever heard of them.

And check out this headline, lol!

'Progressive' Talk Host Stephanie Miller Blames Liberal Radio Struggles on Station Owners
    http://newsbusters.org/blogs/...

Your own gal says "liberal radio struggles".
  • vis_viva RJ~PWCM... 2012/03/08 03:01:33
    vis_viva
    They are on less stations than conservatives. The one thing they DON'T struggle with is ratings in the markets in which they are. And what do you think GOT Rachel Maddow and Ed Schultz their TV programs? Air America disappeared years ago but liberal radio continues and WILL continue for the foreseeable future.

Air America spawned a next generation. No matter what you think about it; it was an odd way to start liberal radio out. For conservatives it didn't start with a network, it grew. Air America was a way to start with a "bang" but had to deal with trying to sustain an entire network. It burned out. Liberal Talk did not. If the same happened to Current TV that would be fine. My point is 100% valid.
  • RJ~PWCM... vis_viva 2012/03/08 03:28:02
    RJ~PWCM~JLA
    Air America failed because virtually nobody listened to it. I tried, but it was unlistenable. Just a bunch of left-wing nutters cursing and screaming their juvenile heads off.
  • vis_viva RJ~PWCM... 2012/03/08 19:38:39
    vis_viva
    And yet enough people listened to some of the shows to launch several independent shows and careers. Even though the network failed it WAS a springboard. If the same were true of a TV station, though the investors in the station might not be happy, liberals such as myself would still consider that a plus.
  • Dandydon 2012/02/07 03:26:35
    What's Current TV?
    Dandydon
    +2
    Never heard of it........
  • WannaBeRSC the Contrarian SOB 2012/02/06 23:25:48
    What's Current TV?
    WannaBeRSC the Contrarian SOB
    +3
    ManBearPig had a tv channel? News to me.
  • keeper 2012/02/06 21:36:54
    Good riddance to bad rubbish
    keeper
  • Demonic Rat Hunter 2012/02/06 18:57:17
    What's Current TV?
    Demonic Rat Hunter
    +4
    Now if we were only able to ask "Who is Al Gore (algae) and Keith Olberwoman".
  • Murph 2012/02/06 18:54:20 (edited)
    What's Current TV?
    Murph
    +3
    I can't find it anywhere. I googled Current TV and I got a link that sent me to another link and Current TV disappeared.
  • Dogzebra~PWCM~JLA 2012/02/06 18:45:10
    Other
    Dogzebra~PWCM~JLA
    +4
    I believe their best bet is for everyone to come over to SodaHead land, and make a vast amount of friends. What a happier world we would have.
  • MichaelJ 2012/02/06 18:41:01
    What's Current TV?
    MichaelJ
    +4
    Well I'm glad I read this story. I wondered what had happened to Kieth Olbermann. I didn't know what area of the country he lived in so I've been looking for him at various gas stations and fast food restuarants. I consider it a stretch for someone like him to even be an assitant manager of say a Dairy Queen. It was surprising to find that he was still able to get someone to employ him on TV. Of course it HAD to be Algore!
  • Reichstolz 2012/02/06 18:31:09
    What's Current TV?
    Reichstolz
    +5
    never heard of it.
  • Karen E 2012/02/06 18:25:24
    Good riddance to bad rubbish
    Karen E
    +5
    lmao, now if ole fat al will go away...
  • millermedia 2012/02/06 18:17:58
    millermedia

2014/07/31 02:32:20