Alabama pastors conference invites only ‘white Christians’

Samantha 2012/07/05 17:48:33

A group of pastors in Alabama says that they are not racist even though only “white Christians” were invited to their three-day conference, which will include a cross burning and be attended by Ku Klux Klan (KKK) members.

Residents in Guin, Alabama became outraged earlier this week after they noticed flyers posted around the town that read, “Annual Pastors Conference All White Christians Invited.” The groups Christian Identity Ministries and the Church of God’s Chosen told WIAT that they just didn’t have the “facilities” to accommodate non-whites.

“We’re seldom ever have been invited to black Muslim events and we never have been invited to NAACP events and we never have been invited to join Jewish synagogues events and stuff,” Christian Identity Ministries Pastor William J. Collier explained.

[Take note of how Collier attempts to justify his racism by claiming that anyone who criticizes him is racist. It's more twisted conservative logic.] “It has nothing whatsoever to do with any kind of racism or hate or anything like that,” he added. “And anybody who would brand it as that would be a racist and a hater themselves, you know.”

Read More: http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/07/05/alabama-past...

• A Founding Father 2012/07/05 20:07:36
    A Founding Father
    Hey, after all "they is jest doin whut Bamans' been doin since "tha war". You just have to realize that most hillbilly religious zealots have walked across the line of sanity and wander in fields of their own making. So, let them "party on" until sleep overtakes them.
  • Evil 1 2012/07/05 18:22:59
    Evil 1
    Sadly it is pathetic but their actions fall under the constitution. From indications they are a minority within the community and hopefully they will realize it and move on. But I truly doubt it as organizations such as these as well as the KKK, Skinheads and New Black Panthers know exactly how to operate and be protected by the constitution.
  • warkitten 2012/07/05 18:21:13
    warkitten
    Lol holy hillbilly...is that one tooth or two?
  • Aurora 2012/07/05 18:12:43
    Aurora
    NABJ Protocol Broken With Campaign-Style Speech

Valerie Jarrett, senior adviser to President Obama, broke with protocol and delivered a campaign-style speech to the National Association of Black Journalists in New Orleans Saturday night as the association's annual awards banquet got underway.
    http://mije.org/richardprince...

I am not buying your racist rant today liberal.
  • RogerCoppock 2012/07/05 18:06:16 (edited)
    RogerCoppock
    "We’re seldom ever have been invited to black Muslim events [ . . . ]"

I've been invited to a Black Muslim event. In fact, I was a gust of honor. They were celebrating John Brown Day. Two of my relatives fought with John Brown. One gave his life,

• Mrs. Kathy Arch 2012/07/05 18:01:37
    Mrs. Kathy Arch
    I don't see it as any worse than a group of African American Pastors inviting only other African-Americans.
  • Samantha Mrs. Ka... 2012/07/05 18:03:21
    Samantha
    It might be helpful if you could cite a source that for that actually occurring. Your crude attempt to justify white racism instead of denouncing it doesn't speak highly of your character or, more accurately, the lack thereof.
  • Mrs. Ka... Samantha 2012/07/05 18:07:11
    Mrs. Kathy Arch
    +2
    Your complete lack of ability to have a civil discussion without branding everyone that disagrees with you as a racist tells me that you do not have the maturity required for me to continue in your discussion. Have a nice day.

2014/08/21 20:55:13