Aiyana Jones, 7-Year-Old Shot And Killed By Police: Should The Cop Get Time?

MrsGerardWayyy 2010/05/17 17:45:14
The cop that killed 7-year-old Aiyana Jones should get time in prison.
The Detroit cop that killed Aiyana Jones should not get time in prison.
Aiyana Jones...
Aiyana Jones is the 7-year-old girl who was shot and killed in her sleep during a raid on a Detroit house. Detroit City Council says it is a launching an independent investigation on the police officer that killed the girl.

According to a police report, Aiyana was killed after Detroit police stormed a house looking for a murder suspect. The first officer who entered the house had a struggle with the girl's grandmother, causing his gun to go off. Aiyana, who was sleeping on the sofa, was shot in the head. Should the officer who shot Aiyana get time in prison?

• Beth 2010/05/18 16:15:12
    Beth
    +4
    I don't think the officer should get time in prison...Why was the grandmother resisting or struggling with the officer? I hope SHE feels that it is her fault...People are so stupid, I swear!

• sheabutter 2010/06/10 17:16:48
    sheabutter
    that's so sad that a police officer would kill her, but if she was a threat... i guess that's his job, but, i bet if her reasoned with her alittle more then, she would have cooperated.. i mean she's 7 years old, get a grip, kids change their minds easier than others and we all know that..
  • Spider20 2010/05/29 07:16:42
    Aiyana Jones...
    Spider20
    For those who live outside of Michigan....not long before this incident, 5 Detroit officers were shot with 1 killed in the attempt to arrest a criminal in a home. That incident may well have had some effect on this tragedy. That said, the police came to arrest a known suspect in another serious crime, and any struggle only made things worse and opened the door for this kind of thing to happen.
  • Bieber Fever 2010/05/25 00:56:03
    Bieber Fever
    hekl ya he sholud
  • -Jenti- 2010/05/24 02:51:41
    -Jenti-
    HOW COULD HE DO THAT AND NOT FEEL GUILTY!?
  • onebad 2010/05/22 10:22:42
  • Samantha 2010/05/18 20:34:23
    Aiyana Jones...
    Samantha
    Well it was a "mistake" but anyway they are a cop they wont put them in jail.
  • hyrulien 2010/05/18 17:29:55
    Aiyana Jones...
    hyrulien
    I believe it is mainly the grandmothers fault because she resisted arrest. I also believe the officer did not have enough control of his firearm to use it correctly. And therefore I would strip him of his badge and hold him responsible for the girls funeral. Doing those two things would insure he could never have another accident and also that the girl got a fare burial.
  • Patrici... hyrulien 2010/05/19 05:02:35
    PatriciaPearlPrinkey
    +4
    befor u reply why dont u find the whole story out .HOPE YOU FEEL LIKE A ASS >THE GRANDMAL DID NOTHING BUT TRY TO HELP HER GRANDDOUGHTER CAUSE SHE WAS ON FIRE THEN HER BABY GETS SHOT.THE POLICE LIED TO TRY AND COVER UP FOR THERE SELF.THE GUN SHOT CAME INTO A HOME FROM THE PORCH . THEY NEW THERE WHERE CHILDREN THERE.I FEEL THE OFFICER SHOULD PAY HE TOOK A INACENT CHILD LIFE .
  • -Jenti- Patrici... 2010/05/24 02:53:14
    -Jenti-
    EXACTLY!!
  • hyrulien Patrici... 2010/05/25 14:10:39 (edited)
    hyrulien
    ? give me a link that says the kid was on fire???

And another point is his gun malfunctioned because he clearly couldn’t use his weapon. I do not believe he deliberately said I am going to kill this kid and shot it in the head. Like you said it was outside so it made it even more an accident. I once had a 45 caliber pistol go off on me because of a bad pin, missing my friends car by inches. Guns are extremely un predictable sometimes when loaded. But you are correct the officer should be forced to do more than just live with what he has done. Like I said make sure the child gets a nice funeral and possibly some compensation to the family. And he should see some time on manslaughter charges. Will have to let the judge decide my friend.
  • Brad Sy... Patrici... 2010/09/23 02:35:47
    Brad Sylvester
    +1
    You should really learn how to spell before you post things that you know nothing about. walk a mile in a cops shoes
  • Beth 2010/05/18 16:15:12
    Beth
    +4
  • Beth Beth 2010/05/18 16:18:52
    Beth
    +3
    It was a horrible terrible accident, in my opinion. After reading some other responses, yes officers are trained in different situations. However, whenever someone resists an officer, the chances of a mistake is always present. It's not the officer's fault, and I'm sure he/she will have enough of a hard time knowing that it was his gun that caused the child's death. People always want to point the finger in EVERY situation that happens in this world, and it trickles down to all sorts of problems in our country. SUCK IT UP! CRAP HAPPENS....JUST DEAL WITH IT AND MOVE THE *F* ON!
  • Patrici... Beth 2010/05/19 05:12:06
    PatriciaPearlPrinkey
    +3
    YOU DONT KNOW THE STORY U SHOULDNT ASUME ANYTHING.THE POLICE IS AT FAULT ALL THE WAY HOW CAN ANYONE DEAL WITH LOSEN A CHILD And moving on.THAT BABY DIDNT GET TO LIVE HER LIFE AND WHY?????THATS RIGHT THE POLICE TOKK IT AWAY.AND THEY KNEW CHILDREN WAS IN THE HOUSE.YOUR SO WRONG
  • Patrici... Beth 2010/05/19 05:08:15
    PatriciaPearlPrinkey
    +2
    your so wrong the officer had no reason shotting from the porch in the home when he knew there where children in there.The grandmal wasn't strugglen with them.THEY LIED TO PROTECT THERE OWNE ASSES.THERES FOOTAGE THAT TELLS ALL.THE OFFICER SHOULD BE BURNT THEN SHOT LIKE HE DONE TO AIYANA.NOT ALL THE POLICE OFFICERS ARE OUT TO PROTECT US AND THIS SHOWS IT A BABY WAS TAKEN AWAY .
  • chasercat 2010/05/18 08:36:40
    chasercat
    What a cruel and heinous thing to do!He(the officer) should definitely be punished.
  • BillCostello 2010/05/18 00:22:12
    BillCostello
    +1
    Let's see, an unarmed grandmother and a 7 -year-old child and armed police officers.
    The police are trained on the responsibilty of using weapons and are responsible for the outcomes. Although they were chasing a murder suspect, pointing a weapon at a grandmother was unprofessional and the officer should have had better control of his weapon; he knows how to prevent someone from causing it to be fired accidentally.
    These cops were either poorly trained or did not perform according to training.
    Did they need to display deadly force to a grandmother? What was the iminnent danger that justified the use of deadly force? The weight is on the cops to explain why they got so out of control. This is a manslaghter case and shouid be prosecuted. A society has a right to hold the police to a higher standard than pre-teens in war zones with AK-47s. Use of a deadly weapon carries great resposibility.
  • Beth BillCos... 2010/05/18 16:33:55
    Beth
    There are a lot of factors that we all don't know....The media only gives tidbits and the true picture is never really present. However, I see your point about officers beign trained in different situations...BUT...if they came blazing with "POLICE" presence at whatever time of night they were there, the murder suspect they were after could have fled or worse, turned on the officer and killed the officer. It was a tragic accident, very tragic. The grandmother and every other adult in the world should stop being stupid and resisting an officer that, well, carries a gun lol. Let them do their job. Stay out the of the way. I'm certain the officer never intended on any of this to happen and he/she has to live with this every day. But time in prison? Hmm...maybe for the grandmother, not the officer. Joking...but if she hadn't resisted or struggled, none of this would have happened.
  • hyrulien BillCos... 2010/05/18 17:32:56
    hyrulien
    agreed
  • Barbiieh Buchonaah♥ 2010/05/17 23:38:05
    Barbiieh Buchonaah♥
    the police in 1st place if he maybe would of thinked a little he should of seen the girl in the couch and let the girl's grandmother calm down
  • Beth Barbiie... 2010/05/18 16:21:00
    Beth
    +6
    I agree but it could have been too dark to see that or the could have struggled behind the couch and he would not have been able to tell someone at all was sleeping on the couch. There ar so many factors...It'll be interesting to learn all of the details as they unfold, that's for sure. But I think that it's not the officer's fault...I think the grandmother, and others in this world, should not resist or struggle with an officer. I mean, HELLO, officers DO carry guns! lol
  • Barbiie... Beth 2010/05/19 02:46:05
    Barbiieh Buchonaah♥
    well yeah but anyway just cuz they hav a gun dont mean that they have the rights to shoot anyone! ! ! ! right???????
  • Patrici... Barbiie... 2010/05/19 05:16:09
    PatriciaPearlPrinkey
    +1
    RIGHT HELL THEY HAD THE WRONG HOUSE AS WELL
  • Patrici... Beth 2010/05/19 05:15:39
    PatriciaPearlPrinkey
    +3
    HELLO THERE WAS NO STRUGGLE.AND THE OFFICERS KNEW THERE WHERE CHILDREN IN THE HOME.
  • Patrici... Barbiie... 2010/05/19 05:14:26
    PatriciaPearlPrinkey
    +3
    THERE WAS NO STRUGGLE AIYANA WAS SHOT FROM THEM FOR NO REASON.THEY FIRED INTO THE HOUSE RIGHT AFTER THE GERNADE .THE OFFICERS WAS ON THE PORCH WHEN THEY SHOT HER.
  • Barbiie... Patrici... 2010/05/19 21:18:03
    Barbiieh Buchonaah♥
    so are u agreeing with me ?
  • AmericaIsGoingDownhill 2010/05/17 21:12:12
    Aiyana Jones...
    AmericaIsGoingDownhill
    CBS says that the police were looking for a homicide suspect. Either the police went in and tried to neutralize the first person they saw, or the policeman went in and was attacked. Either way, the grandmother and policeman fighting caused the gun to go off. It was a stupid accident that probably could have been avoided if the grandmother had realized that it was the police coming in the front door, if Aiyana had been in her own bed, if the policeman had been just a bit more careful. A million things could have changed the outcome. It's sad, but it was an accident.
  • Beth America... 2010/05/18 16:23:09
    Beth
    +5
    EXACTLY!!! A million "shoulda coulda wouldas"...People have to stop punishing people for accidents. Everyone can learn about this tragic accident (hopefully) and I'm sure the officer feels very terrible for the little girl's death, no matter if it was an accident or not. Anyway, I agree 100% with ya!
  • Patrici... Beth 2010/05/19 05:19:51
    PatriciaPearlPrinkey
    THIS WAS NO ACIDENT.THEY SHOT IN THE HOUSE FROM THE PORCH.WHY THEY WHERE TOLD AND KNEW THERE WHERE CHILDREN IN THE HOME.
  • Patrici... America... 2010/05/19 05:18:27
    PatriciaPearlPrinkey
    +1
    NO THEY DIDNT EVEN GO IN BEFOR THEY SHOT IN THE HOME.THERES FOOTEAGE OF THE INCIDENT.AND WHY DOES AIYANA HALF TO BE IN HER OWNE BED.MY CHILDREN ON THE WEEKEND LOVE TO SLEEP ON THE COUTCH.
  • America... Patrici... 2010/05/19 20:36:06
    AmericaIsGoingDownhill
    I read the CBS article. According to them, the gun went off while the grandmother was fighting the police.

I never said she had to be in her own bed. I said if she had been, it could have been prevented.
  • usagirl2007 2010/05/17 20:26:49
    Aiyana Jones...
    usagirl2007
    They should have identified themselves before going in that way the conflict could've been avoided
  • Patrici... usagirl... 2010/05/19 05:21:07
    PatriciaPearlPrinkey
    NO CONFLICT THEY SHOT IN THE HOUSE BEFOR GOING IN.THE CONFLICTION NEVER HAPPEN THEY LIED TO COVER THERE OWNE ASSES
  • santa6642 2010/05/17 20:17:30
    santa6642
    The grand mother created the problem and caused the fire arm to discharge.
  • Beth santa6642 2010/05/18 16:24:57
    Beth
    +4
    I agree 100%. People have to stop resisting and struggling with officers. I mean, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that officers carry GUNS! Jeez....
  • Patrici... Beth 2010/05/19 05:22:19
    PatriciaPearlPrinkey
    THERE WAS NO STRUGGLE.JUST POLICE LIEN TO COVER THERE OWNE ASSES
  • Patrici... santa6642 2010/05/19 05:21:43
    PatriciaPearlPrinkey
    NO SHE DIDNT BEFOR YOU POST SOMETHING LIKE THIS KNOW THE STORY .
  • WankerBait 2010/05/17 19:30:26
    Aiyana Jones...
    WankerBait
    Struggle with her grandmother??? Why?
    Did the Police identify themselves before entering the house and bursting off a round? If not, they all should be procecuted...
  • America... WankerBait 2010/05/17 21:12:49
    AmericaIsGoingDownhill
    They had a no-knock warrant, according to CBS.
  • Patrici... America... 2010/05/19 05:24:51
    PatriciaPearlPrinkey
    ya for wrong home

2014/07/23 12:00:33