AIDS Rate 50 Times Higher in Homosexual Men: Center for Disease Control. Are Homosexual men sexually irresponsible?

CAPISCE 2012/11/09 13:37:15
YES
no
ATLANTA, Georgia, August 24, 2012 (CDC) - An official with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) announced the CDC's estimate Monday that in the United States AIDS is fifty times more prevalent among men who have sex with men ('MSM') than the rest of the population. Dr. Amy Lansky revealed this statistic during a plenary session at the 2009 HIV Prevention Conference in Atlanta.

The CDC had already revealed last year that approximately 53% of the estimated 56,300 new HIV cases in 2011 were in homosexual men, with the African American population being particularly affected.

The new statistics, however, estimate the prevalence of HIV/AIDS relative to the homosexual population, which allows comparisons to other groups in the wider population. Because of the difficulty of determining the homosexual population, the CDC had to estimate. Based on a variety of national surveys, they based their statistics on the median estimate that homosexual men constitute 4 percent of the overall male population, reports RH Reality Check.

According to Dr. Lansky, then, based on the 4 percent figure, the CDC estimates that in 2011 there were 692.2 new HIV cases per 100,000 homosexual men - or fifty times more cases than the rest of the population.

While merely an approximation, the CDC's announcement confirms previous statistics and studies that indicate vastly disproportionate occurrence of sex-related diseases in homosexuals. According toa February 2011 study, for example, homosexual men with HIV are 90 times more likely to develop anal cancer than the rest of the population.

Earlier this year, as another example, the Centers for Disease Control released a statistical report indicating that homosexual men made up 65 percent of the reported primary and secondary syphilis cases in 2011. A report from the Public Health Agency of Canada in 2006 revealed that 51 percent of people infected with HIV in the country were homosexual men
...

• Philo-Publius 2012/11/09 14:26:50
    no
    Philo-Publius
    +3
    These statistics might be explained as well by the parameters used in (mis)diagnosing the disease. People seem to have this idea that misdiagnoses are extremely rare, that particular symptoms are fairly specific to an illness, and that complete objectivity reigns when medical professionals diagnose illness.

I know AIDS in Africa tends to be diagnosed using a much lower bar than in the West, and that other diseases endemic to Africa have similar symptoms. Quite probably the true AIDS rate in Africa and among homosexual males in the West is lower than is being reported.

• coolguy 2012/12/03 22:50:23
  • deborah sletten 2012/11/10 22:14:58
    YES
    deborah sletten
    +1
    But don't you worry they now have obamacare so everyone gets to pay for their aids bill.
  • thefatguy 2012/11/10 08:18:43
    YES
    thefatguy
    +1
    Duh, is this even a question?
  • Cindy 2012/11/10 02:48:32
    no
    Cindy
    They certainly are not! It's up to the individual paries as in heterosexual people. I don't see the difference in responsiblity.
  • CAPISCE Cindy 2012/11/10 14:13:56
    CAPISCE
    Read the stats from the CDC
  • thefatguy Cindy 2012/11/10 17:11:47
    thefatguy
    +1
    I guess it must be hard to see when you're wearing blinders.
  • CAPISCE thefatguy 2012/11/10 17:12:45
    CAPISCE
    u aint kidding
  • john 2012/11/09 21:18:51
    YES
    john
    +1
    yes...
  • activ1 2012/11/09 18:58:28
    YES
    activ1
    +1
    As much as anybody who has unprotected sex with someone they don't know very well is irresponsible.
  • Amber Fredrick 2012/11/09 18:01:52
    no
    Amber Fredrick
    +2
    How strange that homosexuality is such a common theme with AIDS in America but not in Africa. I'd like to know if the CDC has numbers on irresponsible gay men in Africa.
  • RawRsaurus Amber F... 2012/11/09 23:14:50
    RawRsaurus
    Was about to mention this.
  • thefatguy Amber F... 2012/11/10 17:14:44
    thefatguy
    What I've heard is that Africans tend to use anal sex as birth control since contraceptives are not as readily available. This has resulted in the explosion of HIV/AIDS cases even among heterosexuals couples. I have no evidence to support that but that was what I was told by someone who had been a missionary there.
  • Amber F... thefatguy 2012/11/13 23:36:38
    Amber Fredrick
    That's interesting. You may be right. My point though is when you hear about AIDs awareness in Africa, they show pictures of poor sick women and kids, never ever "hey look at this sick gay man" or "it's the GAY AFRICANS who caused this!"...
  • thefatguy Amber F... 2012/11/14 00:04:03
    thefatguy
    That is because the politically correct media wants heterosexuals to think that HIV/AIDS is just as much a threat to the straight community as it is to the gay community for two reasons: 1) to change the public perception that it is primarily a "gay disease" (which it is, except in Africa), and; 2) so that they can increase donations and funding to cure it.
  • America... Amber F... 2012/11/19 05:27:42
  • CAPISCE America... 2012/11/19 13:48:56
    CAPISCE
    Right, that's the reason, lol
  • America... CAPISCE 2012/11/19 18:16:42
    American☆Atheist
    it is
  • CAPISCE America... 2012/11/19 18:34:06
    CAPISCE
    There is a good reason why Gay men can not donate blood---time to wake up
  • Amber F... CAPISCE 2012/12/17 23:18:17
    Amber Fredrick
    Is this true? How come I didn't know that gay men can't donate blood? ...
  • ScoutLdr 2012/11/09 17:28:51
    YES
    ScoutLdr
    +2
    The male Homosexuals have returned to their pre-AIDS promiscuous ways of unprotected and anonymous sex. Hence the spike in HIV positives and other STD's.
  • uncle remus 2012/11/09 17:25:15
    no
    uncle remus
    +1
    bung hole fury
  • uncle r... uncle r... 2012/11/10 14:31:43
  • moriarty 2012/11/09 16:38:00 (edited)
    YES
    moriarty
    +2
    This isn't news. People have known this since the mid 80's. The problem is bleeding heart liberals and gays with an agenda have manipulated this little fact and have successfully convinced people that this is not true. They have convinced people that non gays contract HIV at an equal rate. As usual, they are liars. Homosexual males are the largest and most prevalent group to contract HIV. I remember I wanted to get an HIV test in the early 90's and i mentioned it to a buddy of mine. He had just had a physical and he stated to me that when he asked his doctor about an HIV test the doctor clearly told him "why do you want one? you sleep with women right? listen, you have to scrape the bottom of the toilet in order to catch that. I am serious. You cannot catch that from your average school girl or hussy at the burger joint. You would have to have sex with a male and scrape the bottom of the toilet."

I never forgot that. I mean, that was a licensed medical doctor. When I asked my doctor about this he basically said to me "well, I wouldn't have put it in those words, but he's right." political correctness has masked the truth.
  • Todd Parsons 2012/11/09 16:13:07
    YES
    Todd Parsons
    But they say they are such good Christians.. *sigh* Well...I'm sure it's almost over.
  • Philo-Publius 2012/11/09 14:26:50
    no
    Philo-Publius
    +3

• Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪ 2012/11/09 14:19:45
    YES
    Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪
    +1
    My uncle certainly was when he was younger. I'm surprised he didn't get it.
    YES
    +3
    the levels of aids in men in San Francisco is astonishing. to those that dont believe this. think of how many unwed mothers are out there due to men being "irresponsible"
    and you can most likely find that gay men suffer from the same "irresponsible" attitude with their partners . they only bonus they see is , nobody is going home with a bun in the oven LOL
  • SuckerP... Mike 2012/11/10 14:27:19
    SuckerPunch
    Gay men have sword fights with their weiners. They joust with their weiners. And when it is over, they feast on weiners.
  • Mike SuckerP... 2012/11/11 04:13:27
    that is a really over thought out take on this
  • SuckerP... Mike 2012/11/11 08:10:03
    SuckerPunch
    +1
    Thanks for your opinion. Not quite sure what you mean though.
  • SuckerPunch 2012/11/09 14:11:17
    YES
    SuckerPunch
    +3
    That's what happens when a man thrusts his phallus into the rectum of another man, and, in a moment of sublime joy, spreads his infection to another.
  • User Deactivated 2012/11/09 14:09:45
    YES
    User Deactivated
    +2
    The ones that I know are very irresponsible. Even the ones with "significant others" have multiple partners.
  • Peewee ~PWCM~ 2012/11/09 14:06:19
    YES
    Peewee ~PWCM~
    +1
    I think it's a guy thing, men are far more "spontaneous" than women. Gay or straight.
  • thefatguy Peewee ... 2012/11/10 17:20:56
    thefatguy
    +1
    True, but when you have two "spontaneous" partners, the chances of multiple sexual encounters increases. So, gay men are more likely to engage in sex (safely or not) with anonymous partners than are straights, due to nothing more than the fact that it is harder to close the deal with a willing partner as a straight man.
  • Peewee ... thefatguy 2012/11/10 18:07:26
    Peewee ~PWCM~
    +1
    Exactly.
  • joefj2 2012/11/09 14:05:41
    YES
    joefj2
    +2
    You want to play, You got to pay. Every action has a reaction, just because you want to do something, does not make it right. A wise man will concider his ways and choose that which is prudent.
  • Mytstar ~PWCM~JLA 2012/11/09 14:05:28 (edited)
    YES
    Mytstar ~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    I think that a lot of people are irresponsible with their sexual activies....but I feel like the gay community is more so ...you have to wonder... just why is it that gays are the majority of aids patients?? not trying to be nasty about it... but cant help but ask why that is
  • open your mind before your ... 2012/11/09 14:01:55
    no
    open your mind before your mouth
    no they are not
  • Just me ♥ 2012/11/09 13:45:27
    YES
    Just me ♥
    +2
    It appears so, but you have to wonder if b/c of their homosexuality if maybe they get screened by their doctors more frequently for STDs than the rest of the population and how many straight people there are with HIV who don't even know they have it.
  • john Just me ♥ 2012/11/09 21:21:24
    john
    i know i don't have it.....

2014/10/30 17:33:15