Administration relaxes restrictions on how counter-terrorism analysts spy on Americans?

~ The Rebel ~ 2012/03/23 06:30:37

Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. is expected on Thursday to sign new guidelines for the National Counter-terrorism Center, which was created in 2004 to foster intelligence sharing and to serve as a clearinghouse for terrorism threats, according to officials.

The guidelines will lengthen to five years — from 180 days — the center’s ability to retain private information about Americans when there is suspicion that they are tied to terrorism, intelligence officials said.

The guidelines are also expected to result in the center making more copies of entire databases and “data-mining them” — using complex algorithms to search for patterns that could indicate a threat — than it currently does.

Read More: http://dancingczars.wordpress.com/2012/03/22/break...

• templer003 2012/03/23 23:48:45
    templer003
    +1
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death.
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
    These truisms by our founders are even more to the point in this day and age when we have a good portion of our nation who have sold their soul on the belief that they are " entitled " to something, and another part who refuse to open their eyes.....
  • Viet Era medic 2012/03/23 18:45:54
    Viet Era medic
    +1
    I did not like the Patriot Act when they started it, Bush's mistake there, i agree. that being said, I'll tell you why. We should not lose any freedoms in protecting our country and ourselves. We have lost freedoms, for that cause, but in the name of stupid political correctness. Kiss my a$$, you don't want to profile? I can't stand flying now because of the chicken-chit TSA and TSO. They would rather harass an older white man like me then to look mostly at the middle eastern folks. The TSO are harassing us and chitting on our freedoms every day by patting us down and x-raying us.
    And the talk about domestic terrorist and myself being called a domestic terrorist because I'm a conservative is bull. It is idiotic to say the least. And now, they can keep that info on file for five years instead of just 180 days... wow, more losses of freedom and privacy. Thanks a lot Holder, you are a terrible POS. You still haven't answered for our deceased Border Patrol agent have you? The law should apply to you also, you POS.
    In case you can't tell, I can't stand anything our government is doing nowadays..
    It won't be long before we are nothing but puppets and the country is run by China and communism.

2014/09/01 07:43:25