Actress Jessica Alba asks voters to pledge allegiance to Obama

jt 2012/09/20 14:01:49

The Obama campaign has launched its “For All” campaign, encouraging supporters to take pictures of themselves with their hands on their hearts and a note explaining why they support President Obama.

Actress Jessica Alba uses the Pledge of Allegiance as an example of the campaign in an email to supporters.

“Growing up, my classmates and I started every day with a ritual: We’d stand up, put our right hand over our hearts, and say the Pledge of Allegiance,” explains Alba. “To me, that gesture was a promise. A promise to be involved and engaged in this country’s future. A promise to work for liberty and justice — and for affordable education, health care, and equality — for all.”

Alba joins Hollywood actresses Natalie Portman and Scarlett Johansson by photographing herself with her hand on her heart pledging to vote for Obama.

“That’s why all across the country, people like you and I are proudly writing down our reasons for getting involved, and then taking the pledge — to vote.”

Obama campaign staffers have also begun posting photos of themselves with the pledge.

“Make sure you’re ready to vote this fall,” Alba writes. “Putting your hand over your heart is making a promise. Casting your ballot is keeping it.”

A fwd article: -jt

http://washingtonexaminer.com/actress-jessica-alba-asks-voter...

• Suzie 2012/09/20 15:12:16
    What a joke
    Suzie
    +6
    She must be smoking crack! What is this, I pledge allegiance to vote for Obama. What the Hell!

• Dzeeng 2012/09/25 07:47:46
    What a joke
    Dzeeng
  • Todayisgoingtobegreat 2012/09/22 14:40:17
    What a joke
    Todayisgoingtobegreat
    I am not a fan of "celebs" saying vote this way. What a joke she has become.
  • Erok 2012/09/21 10:04:05
    What a joke
    Erok
    What a douche....
  • Jdogg 2012/09/21 05:04:19
    What a joke
    Jdogg
    Good for her
  • airplanespaceship 2012/09/21 03:50:40
  • Jackie 2012/09/21 03:15:25 (edited)
    What a joke
    Jackie
    What a disgraceful pathetic utterance. These people are so sick......................Cer... lacking brain cells. We are to have allegence to our flag the symbol of our country. Thereby allegence to our country.. Not any one man. Surely not a pathetic excuse for a man like Obama. This stuff is the product of mental illness.
  • themadhare ~IJM 2012/09/21 02:10:59
    What a joke
    themadhare ~IJM
  • Tin Man 2012/09/21 02:09:17
    What a joke
    Tin Man
    +2
    I pledge allegiance to the U.S. Constitution and the United States for which it stands. factionalist politicians who gain power and corrupt this do not deserve allegiance. Obama certainly doesn't for so many of his actions. Only those which are constitutional.
  • Paige 2012/09/21 01:29:43
    What a joke
    Paige
    What a dipstick. I pledge allegiance to the flag
  • Patriot Unit 2012/09/21 01:28:22
    What a joke
    Patriot Unit
    I just lost my dinner, I would never Pledge Allegiance to any President or Person in this country. They did that for Hitler. She does have it right about the Pledge of Allegiance. And it still means the same thin. It does not mean that any of us should Pledge Our Allegiance to Obama or anybody else.
  • beachbum 2012/09/20 23:30:34
    What a joke
    beachbum
    What an ego!!!!!!!!!

calvin and hobbs laughing
  • ciaomarsha 2012/09/20 21:52:56
    ciaomarsha
    love him....
  • Kirby 2012/09/20 21:37:45
    What a joke
    Kirby
    I'd rather pledge allegiance to my dog!
  • Kronan_1 2012/09/20 21:05:22
    What a joke
    Kronan_1
  • Gordon 2012/09/20 20:53:54
    What a joke
    Gordon
    +1
    I'll support Obama to the gallows after taxpayers tar and feather his sorry butt for treason. ill support obama gallows taxpayers tar feather butt treason
  • *K'eim*h3reg' *Peh2u *Meg' 2012/09/20 20:53:12
    What a joke
    *K'eim*h3reg' *Peh2u *Meg'
    I don't even pledge to the flag, so why in the heck would I do it to a man? This is emperor worship. These people are sick in the head. Brainwashed from youth and now spewing the filth that was so long locked up inside of them.
  • heirsoftheking 2012/09/20 20:46:32 (edited)
    What a joke
    heirsoftheking
    +3
    HEY ALBA!!! I pledge allegiance to the FLAG!!!

American flag [...]
  • Stix 2012/09/20 19:16:37
    What a joke
    Stix
    +2
    Liberals are just that liberal...government first.
  • Trader1 is kerbonkin' 2012/09/20 19:12:30
    What a joke
    Trader1 is kerbonkin'
    +3
    Wow! Anyone up for Hitler II?

obama is setting himself up to be the world's next dictator and Alba and her like are his enablers.
  • ProVega 2012/09/20 19:12:11 (edited)
    ProVega
    Good girl. She is on the right track.

Jessica Alba
  • Kronan_1 ProVega 2012/09/20 21:09:16
    Kronan_1
    Only if you were riding the Dinosaur Train. Dinosaur train Dinosaur train
  • Catnip 2012/09/20 19:05:48
    What a joke
    Catnip
    +3
    Jessica Alba pledges allegiance to Obama? The last group of people to pledge allegiance to one man were these guys....
    Nazis
  • gaylehelen 2012/09/20 18:31:32
    gaylehelen
    +1
    Celebrities have the right to endorse who they want, but I don't pay any attention and make my own decision.
  • Tennessee3501 2012/09/20 18:10:31
    What a joke
    Tennessee3501
    +4
    This is disgraceful! Let her move to a country run by a dictator where they pledge allegience to him. Syria, anyone? The Sudan?
  • Koma 2012/09/20 18:04:17
    What a joke
    Koma
    +4
    Proof liberalism is a mental disorder.
  • Roberta Richardson 2012/09/20 16:48:46
    What a joke
    Roberta Richardson
    +4
    Is she smoking crack????
  • tdterry... Roberta... 2012/09/20 18:11:48
    tdterry1999
    +2
    I bet Obama gave it to her.
  • Jimbo 2012/09/20 16:43:19
    Jimbo
    +1
    I don't care who people vote for. It's America.
    This not a new idea. Reminds me of a video that was used in his 2008 campaign.
  • John Hall 2012/09/20 16:26:46
  • Scott 2012/09/20 16:17:13
    Scott
    +2
    Before I just liked her for her looks. Now I can like her for both her body and mind.

Obama/Biden 2012!
  • GINGERBREAD 2012/09/20 16:13:54
    What a joke
    GINGERBREAD
    +3
    Let me remind everyone with a little bit of history. When Adolph Hitler came to power in Germany in the mid 30's he had everyone in Germany pledge allegiance to HITLER. Not to the country, to HITLER. It appears that history keeps repeating itself again and again. These people know nothing of history.
  • Koma GINGERB... 2012/09/20 18:07:07
    Koma
    +1
    "I was born in one country, raised in another.
    My father was born in another country.
    I was not his only child.
    He fathered several children with numerous women.

I became very close to my mother, as my father showed no interest in me.
    Although my father deserted me and my mother raised me, I later wrote a book idolizing my father—-not my mother.

Later in life, questions arose over my real name. My birth records were sketchy.
    No one was able to produce a legitimate, reliable birth certificate.

I grew up practicing one faith but converted to Christianity, as it was widely accepted in my new country, but I practiced non-traditional beliefs and didn't follow Christianity, except in the public eye under scrutiny.

I worked and lived among lower-class people as a young adult, disguising myself as someone who really cared about them.
    That was before I decided it was time to get serious about my life and embarked on a new career.

I wrote a book about my struggles growing up.
    It was clear to those who read my memoirs, that I had difficulties accepting that my father abandoned me as a child.

I became active in local politics in my 30's then, with help behind the scenes, I literally burst onto the scene as a candidate for national office in my 40's.

They said I had a golden tongue and could talk anyone...

My father was born in another country.
    I was not his only child.

They said I had a golden tongue and could talk anyone into anything.
    I had a virtually non-existent resume, little work history, and no experience in leading a single organization.
    Yet I was a powerful speaker and citizens were drawn to me, as though I were a magnet and they were small roofing tacks.
    I drew incredibly large crowds during my public appearances.
    This bolstered my ego.

At first, my political campaign focused on my country's foreign policy...
    I was very critical of my country in the last war, and seized every opportunity to bash my country.

But what launched my rise to national prominence were my views on the country's economy.
    I pretended to have a really good plan on how we could do better, and every poor person would be fed and housed for free.

I knew which group was responsible for getting us into this mess.
    It was the free market, banks and corporations.
    I decided to start making citizens hate them and, if they became envious of others who did well, the plan was clinched tight.

I called mine "A People's Campaign."
    That sounded good to all people.

I was the surprise candidate because I emerged from outside the traditional path of politics and was able to gain widespread popular support.
    I knew that, if I merely offered the people 'hope', together we could change our country and the world...
    So, I started to make my speeches sound like they were on behalf of the downtrodden, poor, ignorant to include "persecuted minorities".

My true views were not widely known and I kept them unknown, until after I became my nation's leader.
    I had to carefully guard reality, as anybody could have easily found out what I really believed, if they had simply read my writings and examined those people I associated with.
    I'm glad they didn't.

Then I became the most powerful man in the world.
    And then the world learned the truth.

Who am I?

ADOLPH HITLER

If you were thinking of SOMEONE ELSE, you should be scared, very scared!"
  • Rachel ... Koma 2012/09/20 20:52:51
    Rachel Thomas
    Seem quite similar apart from the fact Hitler was a white supremacist bigot and madman who commited genocide and reduced Europe to ruins.
    What a joke
    +5
    Joke my stinky ass. Alba just lost me as a fan.
  • ElChorizon© 2012/09/20 16:08:50
    What a joke
    ElChorizon©
    +3
    There's a word in Spanish for people like her..PENDEJA!
  • Chris 2012/09/20 15:55:22
    What a joke
    Chris
    +1
    I respect that she takes the time to support a candidate, I just don't understand what good they think Obama has done.
  • Rachel Thomas 2012/09/20 15:41:07
    Rachel Thomas
    +1
    WHy not? Now I know she's not only beautiful,she's intelligent aswell.
  • Camille... Rachel ... 2012/09/20 15:47:41
    Camille Palmer
    +4
    Are YOU STUPID? Oh Sorry, you jujst answered that.
  • Rachel ... Camille... 2012/09/20 16:08:35
    Rachel Thomas
    +1
    Why should I be stupid? How did I answer that? There's nothing wrong with not being a brainless Republican.Why are there so many stupid Republicans? Oh and they're rude aswell.If they don't agree with you they immediately call you stupid.
  • tdterry... Rachel ... 2012/09/20 18:14:49
    tdterry1999
    +2
    You call people a brainless republican,but get mad about being called stupid.YEP you are a true lib.

2014/07/26 07:09:19