ACLU sends demand letters to Florida and several other states to end single-sex sports and other programs in colleges on down to elementary schools. Do you think it would be fair to force girls to compete on an even basis to play basketball, etc.?

tncdel 2012/06/01 03:16:34
See report here:
http://townhall.com/columnists/robertknight/2012/05/31/boys_a...

How many college girls do you think could make a college basketball team, let alone play football, or be the best shot putter, or run the fastest track times, etc., etc.?

• tncdel 2012/06/01 03:23:10
    NO, I don't think it would be fair [tell us why not].
    tncdel
    +12
    No doubt the ACLU will soon also sue beauty pageants telling them men must be allowed to compete as well. :)~

• littlebuffalo55TBA 2012/06/13 09:16:26
    littlebuffalo55TBA
    This is just another example of a silly organization that has at the end of the day lost any credibility it ever had!
  • Somkey the Hores 2012/06/11 07:32:03 (edited)
    Somkey the Hores
    Screw the ACLU. Females do NOT need to be into EVERYTHING males are doing. Gawd, we have to be able to get away from them SOMEWHERE.
    Besides, if I was playing Defensive Tackle vs a female QB, I'd knock her into next year without even trying. At ANY level.
  • Confederate 2012/06/08 19:08:45
    Confederate
    that would be pointless every sport i played had a female in it Foorball she was a great kcker I might add. Wrestlrt went went to national had 3 females on our team. I cannot think of a single sport that both genders are not allowed to play .
  • The One 2012/06/08 04:54:47
    The One
    If you have to give an answer to this then you chewed on the lead based paint window sill a little to much when you were younger!!!
  • zbacku 2012/06/06 18:16:14
    zbacku
    +2
    There would be a whole lot of losing on the girl's end. Maybe not in chess.
  • rknothead 2012/06/06 12:53:04
    rknothead
    +3
    We are different when it comes to sexes and thank God for that. So what's with the ACLU? I think they need to get some new leadership in that organization....seems to be loaded with far left progressives who always know what's best for all the rest of us.
  • Somkey ... rknothead 2012/06/11 07:35:52
  • Aqua Surf BTO-t-BCRA-F 2012/06/06 02:08:56
    Aqua Surf BTO-t-BCRA-F
    +3
    Truth trumps political correctness every time. Boys and girls do not have equal strength and capabilities to play on the same team or even the same games. Duh! Does the ACLU have nothing better to do than make fools of themselves yet again?
  • Somkey ... Aqua Su... 2012/06/11 07:37:35
    Somkey the Hores
    +1
    Females would be disproportionately injured OR (The REAL reason) standards and requirements would have to be lowered.
  • beachbum 2012/06/03 20:59:43
    beachbum
    +4
    Stupid.
  • American Reformed 2012/06/03 20:57:57
    American Reformed
    +2
    I don't believe this will be good for women's sports in general. Upper high school level and beyond men have a distinct advantage of women. I don't have a problem with a woman for example that wants to play football. But if her playing football means there will be no women's basketball, softball, volleyball, field hockey, golf, etc. (all of which the men would have an advantage) then I say no let women's sports exist.

Blessings Upon You
  • lark 2012/06/02 04:02:36
    lark
    +2
    They are such asses
    +2
    ACLMEUW is full of idiots
  • America... Mike 2012/06/06 14:16:58
    American☆Atheist
    I don't know who they are but the ACLU is good.
  • Mike America... 2012/06/06 15:27:08
    +1
    Good for what ? At one time they were, now all they do is impede justice, and the law
  • Ozzyboy 2012/06/01 20:48:32
    Ozzyboy
    +3
    Most girls wouldn't want to play games where they could be seriously hurt by big bruisers. Didn't they try that in wrestling? I don't remember that it turned out so well.
    +3
    The ACLU has been involved in some rediculous causes lately and this is another one of them.
  • cents-less 2012/06/01 17:06:04
    cents-less
    +3
    I don't think it would be fair. Most people have probably read the writings against these. (weight, skill, body size etc).
    I play in a friendly co-ed league and do you know how embarrassing it is for a 225 male to knock a 100 pound catcher on her butt? It was an accident & she was OK but my teammate still tried to slow down/move so he wouldn't hurt her, which meant he was playing at 100% to win.
  • frank 2012/06/01 17:05:45
    frank
    +2
    The ACLU is nothing more than a group of Anti-Americans who hate God, as far as I am concerned they can go to H*ll
  • BIG BAD JOHN R. 2012/06/01 17:02:31
    BIG BAD JOHN R.
    +2
    Girls and Boys have different physical and mental bodies.
  • gracious43 2012/06/01 16:52:56
    YES, I think that would be fair to girls [explain why].
    gracious43
    +4
    I'm talking to more and more young women on SH that honestly believe that women are just as strong as men. This has been a lie fed to them since they were school-children, and with affirmative action, and women's studies, political correctness and whatnot, they have seen no evidence to disbelieve it.

It will be a good thing for young women to get a come-uppance in this case. I only wish it had happened to the lying feminist man-haters who started this clap-trap in the first place.
  • Dagon 2012/06/01 15:51:48
  • no1badboy56 2012/06/01 15:09:57
    no1badboy56
    +5
    I think they need to tell the ACLU to go pack sand!
  • All American 2012/06/01 13:22:03
    All American
    +4
    Obviously they have too much time on their hands.
  • Elaine Magliacane 2012/06/01 12:01:43
    Elaine Magliacane
    +5
    Oh GOOD GRIEF... college costs kids, parents and taxpayers more than the education they get... this nonsense will just cost even MORE... because a co-ed football team isn't going to happen people...
  • Kat ♪ ~... Elaine ... 2012/06/01 12:24:13
    Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪
    +3
    It could lead to less females involved in sports, I certainly wouldn't be out competing with a bunch of guys twice my size and weight. They are asking for injuries and lawsuits.
  • Bob DiN 2012/06/01 07:14:37
  • TheTruth1313 2012/06/01 07:02:58
    TheTruth1313
    +7
    I guess those clueless ACLU kooks were really feeling their grape-nuts that day, huh?
  • Scream 2012/06/01 06:44:18 (edited)
    Scream
    +2
    Colleges I could understand, if it's a competitive team. And even then, if they don't have a girls team and one girl wants to play, let her go on the guy's team.
    But primary school? No.
  • tncdel Scream 2012/06/01 15:21:10
    tncdel
    +2
    My impression would be the reverse of yours. In elementary school girls generally are closer in size to males. I recall in 5th grade that the tallest student was a girl. But after puberty growth spurts start taking hold, girls become more and more proportionately at a physical size and strength disadvantage. Further, a 90 lb. male elementary school student is a lot less likely to cause a physical injury than a 300 pounder in college.
    +7
    There's a distinct difference
    between the athleticism of a biological female ..
    and a biological male ..
    I do NOT support this ..
    (and I'll go on to say .. that female sports .. should be only for those biologically born female too)
  • Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪ 2012/06/01 03:30:30 (edited)
    Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪
    +7
    Males and females are competitive, but there are genetic differences that would not make it advisable for them to be playing the same sports . Males are generally stronger and more able to get hit harder without damage. I wouldn't want my daughter (if I had one) on a team with males playing sports. I wouldn't want my son playing against girls either. Girls play dirty with males at times. Need to tell the ACLU what to go do with themselves.
  • XZQZQ Kat ♪ ~... 2012/06/01 09:04:45
    XZQZQ
    +1
    When I see girls on the boys' wresting teams now, I wish that was the case 40 years ago when I was a HS wrestler... all that physical contact, bodies rubbing against bodies.... going for the ' pin '...
  • Kat ♪ ~... XZQZQ 2012/06/01 12:20:47
    Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪
    +1
    Funny in a way, but when one of them gets hurt badly or rubbed too much and wants a sexual assault lawsuit who are the schools going to blame? The kids more than likely or their parents for letting their kids be perverts, not the system or people that allowed it in the first place.
  • LADY LIBERTY SILLY WORDSMITH 2012/06/01 03:27:18
    LADY LIBERTY SILLY WORDSMITH
    +9
    NO! PHYSICALLY, I CAN'T COMPETE WITH BOYS!
  • LADY LI... LADY LI... 2012/06/01 03:37:59
    LADY LIBERTY SILLY WORDSMITH
    +6
    A = ANTI-AMERICAN

C = COMMUNIST

L = LIBERAL

U = UNION

ANTI-AMERICAN-COMMUNIST-LIBER...
  • America... LADY LI... 2012/06/06 14:17:42
    American☆Atheist
    Liberal is correct, but prove the rest
  • tncdel 2012/06/01 03:23:10
    tncdel
    +12
  • LADY LI... tncdel 2012/06/01 03:43:37
    LADY LIBERTY SILLY WORDSMITH
    +5
    YOU'RE RIGHT! THERE WAS a TRANSGENDER CONTESTANT in the

A RECENT BEAUTY PAGEANT!
  • Stoner 2012/06/01 03:19:32
    Stoner
    +6
    my way or im taking ball and going home...reminds me of a five year old

2014/09/20 04:05:26