ACLU giving kindergarten kids book touting homosexual life-styles without parents' approval or permission. Do kindergarten kids need to know that some adults engage in sex with the same sex?

tncdel 2012/07/01 17:40:36

• Steve King 2012/07/13 14:27:58
    NO [tell us why you think not].
    Steve King
    What happened to allowing our kids to be innocent?

As someone who was molested as a child, you never get your innocence back.
  • Denny 2012/07/08 18:13:00
    YES, kindergarten kids should know about homosexual sex [explain why you thin...
    Denny
    The question is wrong. The book does not teach about "homosexual sex", just that there are such people as homosexuals. Looks like 96% of you will believe just about anything.
  • Hot Wheels 2012/07/05 17:56:26
    NO [tell us why you think not].
    Hot Wheels
    Kids do not need to know that. Just because they are children.
  • Maria 2012/07/05 17:09:04
    NO [tell us why you think not].
    Maria
    it is not their job to input in child's head...the parent's responsibility to do their job..
  • DM Twin 2012/07/05 13:59:01
    NO [tell us why you think not].
    DM Twin
    I guess It's Time to storm the schools and take out what the Liberals are doing to our children....Be careful what you wish for libbies....

On a personal note . If I had a child in kindergarten...age 5....and I found out the school decided for ME what sexual material was suitable for MY 5 year old....THERE WOULD BE A LOT OF LIBERAL ASSHATS ON THE WAY TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM..
  • ZeldaFan13 2012/07/04 05:49:09
    NO [tell us why you think not].
    ZeldaFan13
    Wow! >.> They're teaching about SEX!? Hell NO! That is NOT something kids that age should learn about! And I'm talkin about Gay AND Straight SEX! Teaching kids to accept and respect LGBT People, yes... But explaining them the sexual concept of it!? Hell No! >.<
  • MICHELLE 2012/07/03 07:05:21
    NO [tell us why you think not].
    MICHELLE
    I JUST BELIEVE PARENTS SHOULD RAISE THEIR CHILDREN, AND SOME BELIEVE ITS UNNATURAL THATS THEIR BELIEVE, IF SOME PARENTS WANT TO TEACH ITS NORMAL, THEN THATS THEIR RIGHTS AS PARENTS, DOESNT BELONG IN GOVERMENT OR SCHOOLS.....WEATHER IN KINDERGARTEN OR HIGHER GRADE, ITS NOT THE SCHOOLS JOB..
  • gvc 2012/07/02 08:11:49
    NO [tell us why you think not].
    gvc
    Furthermore, I would be mopping up the floor with anyone who gave that kind of material to my child.
  • Dee 2012/07/02 06:56:11
    NO [tell us why you think not].
    Dee
    Can't the kids just be kids? At least until they are curious enough to ask about sex and can understand what is being told to them. And even in that case, the information should come from the parents and not school.
  • TheTruth1313 2012/07/02 06:46:28
    NO [tell us why you think not].
    TheTruth1313
    As much as I am not a hater, kindergarten is still a little too early to be getting into these things. Let the children be children a little while longer at least.
  • Ken 2012/07/02 04:43:31 (edited)
    NO [tell us why you think not].
    Is our society that degenerate.
  • jimrthy... Ken 2012/07/03 14:35:29
    jimrthy BN-0
    It's humanity "that digenerate [sic]".

Personally, I consider bad grammar much worse than accepting that some people have different basic urges than others.
  • Stryder 2012/07/02 03:17:03
    NO [tell us why you think not].
    Stryder
    Nope. No brainwashing here, people. Move along.
  • Jack 2012/07/02 02:27:15
    NO [tell us why you think not].
    Jack
    +1
    No way! The more kids are taught that being queer is wrong, the less likely they are to try it! Who the hell wants a queer kid on their hands?!?
  • jimrthy... Jack 2012/07/03 14:33:27
    jimrthy BN-0
    Typical ignorant BS.

The more they're taught it's wrong, the longer they'll repress and hide and be miserable about it.

Teaching acceptance and tolerance will not encourage anyone who isn't already inclined that way.
  • Jack jimrthy... 2012/07/03 21:06:02
    Jack
    Hardly ignorant. If you explain to people that homosexual behaviour is wrong, then most will dismiss it without even considering trying it. No one needs to behave like that. Some just choose to, because they're being told from all directions that it's normal!
  • jimrthy... Jack 2012/08/17 00:44:00
    jimrthy BN-0
    Attraction isn't a choice.

I know several homosexuals who *know* they're wrong or "broken." It just isn't worth trying to tell them this. They desperately want to be "right."

Some of them spend years trying to be "right". It just does not work that way.

I don't know a single gay man who tried to find women attractive and succeeded. I don't know anyone who said "Oh, this is OK...I might as well embrace homosexuality because everyone says it's cool."

It isn't a matter of "wrong or right." It's just the way some people work.
  • MICHELLE jimrthy... 2012/11/28 00:37:47
    MICHELLE
    you know i am so sick of the attitude , repress, and be miserable.their is a lot of things in life that people can be ATTRACTED to..... doesnt mean you HAVE to act on it especialy if it is wrong. same sex sex is wrong.sure i teach my children to be tolerant towards gays, but ill be dammed if they will be indocturmated by the aclu. when two little 1st grade school girls, who are best friends are holding hands skiping to the playground, which IS normal, will be questioning themselves wheather their lesbians or not, or little bobby thinks kissing girls are icky, that maybe he is a homosexual, yea, get them when their young is the agenda people need to wake the hell up...
  • jimrthy... MICHELLE 2012/11/29 04:07:40
    jimrthy BN-0
    I got a chance to spend Thanksgiving with a few friends who had a similar discussion.

One of them went on a mission trip not too long ago.

To a culture where friends just hold hands.

He was boarding his plane to head home, and one of his fellow missionaries commented that "It's awful that this country is so full of gay men!"

I don't find other males attractive. But I just don't understand why other people will call this "wrong."

It doesn't work for me. But why is this a big deal?

If some other guy *does* happen to find other males attractive...it doesn't cost me anything. He likes what he likes, and that makes one more woman (or so) available "on the market."

I don't feel any sort of physical attraction to my toaster. If people wanted me to and insisted that it were correct...I still wouldn't. It just does not turn me on. I guess I technically *could*...but why?
  • ZeldaFan13 Jack 2012/07/04 05:50:47
    ZeldaFan13
    Umm, this has nothing with telling kids that Homosexuality is right or wrong... o.O It's about teaching kids about the SEXUAL parts of being Gay... >.>
  • Jack ZeldaFan13 2012/07/05 00:35:22
    Jack
    'Umm' you just don't understand my point at all, do you? If we explain from the very outset that these 'people' are sick bastards, who have no place in a decent society, and we make sure the kids understand that fully, then there's no need to describe the mechanics of it to them.
    You know as well as I do that educating kids about that kind of behaviour is only done in order to make them think it's legitimate practice.
  • ZeldaFan13 Jack 2012/07/05 01:42:14
  • Jack ZeldaFan13 2012/07/05 02:03:53
    Jack
    I'm not a bigot. However, I do very much want to spread intolerance and hatred towards people who are doing things that are sick, evil, and disgusting. Why wouldn't I? (By the way, I imitated your 'Umm' in sarcasm, because I felt you'd made yourself look profoundly stupid by using it!)
    Anyway, I've just noticed that I'm actually debating this subject with a child! How ludicrous! You ought to leave the real thinking to grown-ups.
  • ZeldaFan13 Jack 2012/07/05 03:04:19
    ZeldaFan13
    Umm, my generation is more tolerant than yours... so shut up. And there's nothing disgusting about Homosexuality. It's natural and beautiful. And yes you are a bigot becuz you're saying Homosexuality is "disgusting" and "wrong"... When it isn't... -_- And Sexual Orientation is a part of who someone is, so it is bigotry if you're calling them "Disgusting".
  • Jack ZeldaFan13 2012/07/05 03:09:58 (edited)
    Jack
    You're 17 years old. There is not one person your age whose opinion counts for anything. That's why men and women make the rules, and children such as yourself obey them. I've already lowered myself much too far by entering into this conversation, so I'll leave it now, no doubt clearing the way for you to post some schoolyard response about how you 'won'!
  • ZeldaFan13 Jack 2012/07/05 03:34:36
    ZeldaFan13
    Umm, there are adults who agree with me so yea... my opinions do matter.
    NO [tell us why you think not].
    +2
    Just plain stupid, no kindergarten child needs to know a thing about the damn gay agenda, they can keep their abnormal lifestyle to themselves where it belongs.
  • shotgun the 3rd 2012/07/01 23:32:08
    NO [tell us why you think not].
    shotgun the 3rd
    +2
    They shouldn't have it rammed down their throats just like the libbies think religion shouldn't be rammed down their throat. Fair is fair..
  • truthman 2012/07/01 20:32:16
    NO [tell us why you think not].
    truthman
    +2
    Save the kids from the gay agenda. Leave the kids alone and let them be kids.
  • Horace 2012/07/01 20:23:29
    NO [tell us why you think not].
    Horace
    +1
    The way you phrased the question the answer must be no, homosexual sex should not be learned about in the classroom, however the classroom having a discussion (a very age appropriate discussion) about homosexuality in general, particularly if one of the kids in the class has either two mothers or two fathers I don't think that that necessarily has to be off the table.
  • Chief 2012/07/01 20:09:32
    NO [tell us why you think not].
    Chief
    +1
    I first said we were living in a Bizzaro world as a joke, but it would seem that we indeed do.
  • Simmering Frog - PHART 2012/07/01 19:26:40 (edited)
    NO [tell us why you think not].
    Simmering Frog - PHART
    +4
    If an man in a raincoat did the exact same thing on a street corner, he would be arrested. If a group of men in raincoats get together and call themselves the "ACLU" and do the exact same thing, somehow it's legitimized. Wake up America. Where did your common sense go? The ACLU is neither American, civil, pro-liberty, or a union. It's a big ass lie.
  • dustin.oubre 2012/07/01 19:17:39
    NO [tell us why you think not].
    dustin.oubre
    +1
    I don't think anyone has any right to tell any young child about sex, homosexual or heterosexual. But, to be fair, these books the kids receive do not show sex, they only show two men or two women holding hands or smiling with children, showing that same sex couples are really no different than an opposite sex couple. The entire book is about the differing types of families in the US, based on races, classes, religions, and even, yes, sexuality. And, since these books do not depict sex, I don't really think it's such a big deal. And I also don't think you need parent approval to tell children some people have different families.
  • mustangluver 2012/07/01 19:04:47
    NO [tell us why you think not].
    mustangluver
    +2
    I would home school if that was the case. I taught my sons homosexuality was wrong and it worked but they do have gay friends. A friend of my sons for 11 yrs now just came out to him and us. We said we were disappointed but we still love him.
  • truthman mustang... 2012/07/01 20:35:34
    truthman
    +1
    Oh no ! Another one came out!!! Dont you just hate it when they say that. Next thing you know he will be wanting to throw a parade about it.
  • mustang... truthman 2012/07/02 03:27:56
    mustangluver
    Found out tonight that my son told him he cannot deal with it. He is very upset but it is what it is. My son said his friend talks about nothing else but gay stuff.
  • truthman mustang... 2012/07/02 04:39:23
    truthman
    +1
    Im glad your son is moving on.
  • mustang... truthman 2012/07/05 06:19:58
    mustangluver
    It's for the best.
  • jimrthy... mustang... 2012/07/03 14:28:42
    jimrthy BN-0
    That's pathetic.

I can understand how hearing about it constantly can get old. So what? I get tired of listening to my brother talk about sports. I don't love him any less because of it.

A long-time friend shared something deeply personal. He trusted you and your son with a secret that most of society holds in contempt. And your son rejected that friendship and trust over it.

I feel nothing but contempt for him.
  • mustang... jimrthy... 2012/07/05 06:19:25
    mustangluver
    Pathetic? LOL He was making my son uncomfortable as he was getting too graphic..this guy has changed for the worse. Your analogy doesn't fit this situation at all. My son had no problem at first, as he is a live and let live kind of guy as he was brought up, but when it goes off the deep end and you tell the person it has and they keep it up, time to say goodbye. Who the hell are you to have any contempt?

2014/10/25 03:32:18