According to this. . . . .are you considered the ENEMY?

Drue-AFCL 2013/11/12 16:47:49
Related Topics: 500, Image, Images, SodaHead

• MisterOriginal 2013/12/12 07:47:58
    Yes I am
    MisterOriginal
    I bought an "In God We Trust" license plate.
  • joshBigBoss 2013/11/18 22:28:48
    Yes I am
    joshBigBoss
    You are basically considered a threat if you have a mind of your own and a backbone.
    If you aren't considered a threat by the standards proposed here, then you are a sell out coward.
  • Christine/Rest in peace Pet... 2013/11/17 04:26:46
    Yes I am
    Christine/Rest in peace Peter Br
    +1
    I love our constitution and I am opposed to the carbon tax so I guess that makes me a bad guy. Ironic, a few years ago people who appreciated the constitution were considered knowledgeable and loving our country was normal not the reverse. And as far as the carbon tax, that went around congress, and is something that hurts our country without much evidence that it will solve anything.
  • MikeWon 2013/11/16 05:32:39
  • Jim 2013/11/13 18:46:29
    Yes I am
    Jim
    +1
    I'm not a vet but if you read that list of things that makes you an enemy of the state I qualify more than adequately. In fact it looks like I've been the enemy all my life as well and I'm in NO way ashamed of it.
  • LeroyRogers 2013/11/13 17:36:18
    Yes I am
    LeroyRogers
    +2
    and proud of it!!

u s air force
  • Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of ... 2013/11/13 14:32:08
    No I am one of them
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
  • EllЕ 2013/11/13 13:04:03
    EllЕ
    +1
    "Alternative Media" is an enemy, because they don't follow interpretations of mass media?
    What about freedom?
  • becky obryan 2013/11/13 12:42:01
    becky obryan
    +2
    I'm not in the military, however, I do believe in the Constitution and my Inalienable rights.
  • joe keeney 2013/11/13 12:25:20
    Yes I am
    joe keeney
    +2
    Bingo.
    Yes I am
    +4
    It has been clear from the get-go of this administration ..
    that those of us who served in Uniform (Military Service)
    were the ones they considered their /enemy/ ...
    (sigh .. just .. sigh ... )

This is because we BELIEVE in and HONOR our OATH ..
    to the CONSTITUTION of the USA ..
  • Kaleokualoha 2013/11/13 09:35:09 (edited)
    Kaleokualoha
    Your post is a hoax. The subject report is over FOUR years old, and NEVER said anyone is the enemy. Your blog would have more credibility if you posted SOURCES for such claims!

[QUOTE]
    Conservatives Decry Homeland Security Report on “Rightwing” Extremism

By Caitlin Taylor
    Apr 15, 2009 9:45am

Yesterday, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich tweeted that "The person who drafted the outrageous homeland security memo smearing veterans and conservatives should be fired."

Gingrich was referring to this report prepared by the Department of Homeland Security’s Extremism and Radicalization Branch, Homeland Environment Threat Analysis Division, and coordinated with the FBI.

As Fox News has reported, DHS also issued a study of the threat of leftwing extremists (read it HERE.) But the report on the rightwing extremists is the one attracting heat in the conservative bloggosphere, from Gingrich, Michelle Malkin, Powerline, and elsewhere.

The report states that while DHS "has no specific information that domestic rightwing terrorists are currently planning acts of violence…rightwing extremists may be gaining new recruits by playing on their fears about several emergent issues."

DHS defines "rightwing" as "broadly divided into those groups, movements, and adherents that are primarily hate-oriented (base...

[QUOTE]

By Caitlin Taylor
    Apr 15, 2009 9:45am

DHS defines "rightwing" as "broadly divided into those groups, movements, and adherents that are primarily hate-oriented (based on hatred of particular religious, racial or ethnic groups), and those that are mainly antigovernment, rejecting federal authority in favor of state or local authority, or rejecting government authority entirely. It may include groups and individuals that are dedicated to a single issue, such as opposition to abortion or immigration."

The "emergent issues," the DHS report states, include both "the election of the first African American president" and "a prolonged economic downturn—including real estate foreclosures, unemployment, and an inability to obtain credit," which DHS says "present unique drivers for rightwing radicalization and recruitment."

"A recent example of the potential violence associated with a rise in rightwing extremism may be found in the shooting deaths of three police officers in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, on 4 April 2009," the report states. "The alleged gunman’s reaction reportedly was influenced by his racist ideology and belief in antigovernment conspiracy theories related to gun confiscations, citizen detention camps, and a Jewish-controlled ‘one world government.’"

Other potential dynamics that could help these groups’ recruitment, the report states, included proposed "imposition of firearms restrictions and weapons bans" and the debate over illegal immigration.

"Over the past five years, various rightwing extremists, including militias and white supremacists, have adopted the immigration issue as a call to action, rallying point, and recruiting tool," the report states. "Debates over appropriate immigration levels and enforcement policy generally fall within the realm of protected political speech under the First Amendment, but in some cases, anti-immigration or strident pro-enforcement fervor has been directed against specific groups and has the potential to turn violent."

The report states concern that returning "veterans possess combat skills and experience that are attractive to rightwing extremists," who may attempt to recruit and radicalize the veterans "in order to exploit their skills and knowledge derived from military training and combat. These skills and knowledge have the potential to boost the capabilities of extremists—including lone wolves or small terrorist cells—to carry out violence. The willingness of a small percentage of military personnel to join extremist groups during the 1990s because they were disgruntled, disillusioned, or suffering from the psychological effects of war is being replicated today."

"After Operation Desert Shield/Storm in 1990-1991, some returning military veterans—including Timothy McVeigh—joined or associated with rightwing extremist groups," the report states. "A prominent civil rights organization reported in 2006 that ‘large numbers of potentially violent neo-Nazis, skinheads, and other white supremacists are now learning the art of warfare in the [U.S.] armed forces. The FBI noted in a 2008 report on the white supremacist movement that some returning military veterans from the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan have joined extremist groups."

Sean Hannity and Dr. James Dobson chatted about this report on Fox News last night, which Hannity interpreted as targeting "people who think maybe we’re not controlling our borders" and "people who have pro-life bumper stickers."

“What do you think of that interpretation, especially coming from a guy that started his political career in the home of an unrepentant terrorist who bombed our Pentagon and Capitol and sat in Reverend Wright’s church for 20 years?” Hannity asked.

Dobson said "there are no Timothy McVeighs out there right now. They’re making a big deal out of something that hasn’t happened and may not happen."
    [END QUOTE http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/p... ]

Once again, the report did NOT say "the people" or veterans or anyone else is "the enemy, contrary to your FALSE headline (The People Are "The Enemy"). It said that rightwing extremists may ATTEMPT to recruit and radicalize the veterans "in order to exploit their skills and knowledge derived from military training and combat.

By no stretch of the imagination does identification of groups that MAY be recruited mean that members of such groups are "the enemy." Such false attribution is a propaganda tactic (e.g., "Protocols Of The Elders Of Zion), and is par for the course in the Conservative Disinformation Network.

"The first duty of a man is the seeking after and the investigation of truth." - Cicero (106 BC - 43 BC)
  • hatter Kaleoku... 2013/11/13 12:52:22
    hatter
    +1
    why would such a degrading document exist. and quit candycoating there controlling ways. its just an excuse to push politics with force.
  • Kaleoku... hatter 2013/11/13 19:35:54
    Kaleokualoha
    The document was written because DHS perceived a risk from right-wing extremists. Isn't that obvious?
  • hatter Kaleoku... 2013/11/15 06:14:00
    hatter
    what about left wing extremists. if communism is so great how come we have thirty million Ethiopian in the US. progress huh.
  • Kaleoku... hatter 2013/11/15 07:24:34
    Kaleokualoha
    "What about left wing extremists"? Thanks for asking!

The DHS also reported on left wing extremists (see http://www.foxnews.com/projec... 0.
  • hatter Kaleoku... 2013/11/17 14:23:50
    hatter
    that report was from 2009 so its expired of you ask me. i'll just get on my merry way.bye.
  • Kaleoku... hatter 2013/11/17 22:11:39
    Kaleokualoha
    Thanks for sharing!
  • Space Invader 2013/11/13 09:02:13
    Space Invader
    +2
    more like an enema..it makes them run!!
  • perks-a real PATRIOT 2013/11/13 08:33:40
    Yes I am
    perks-a real PATRIOT
    +3
    Yep, I'm the enemy of these communist bastards!!
  • Stinger61 2013/11/13 07:20:46
    Yes I am
    Stinger61
    +4
    I am a registered Libertarian; according to the DHS I’m an enemy , just by being affiliated with the organization.
  • Gregaj7 2013/11/13 07:12:02
    Yes I am
    +3
    March of 1933 FDR amended by Executive Order the 1917 "Trading With The Enemy Act" and removed the exclusion/exception for "United States citizens".
  • Silverlocust 2013/11/13 06:02:33
    No I am one of them
    Silverlocust
    +2
    Yet another example of fear-mongering cut-and-paste.

The suggestion that the DHS stated that "The people are 'the enemy'" or even that Military Veterans etc. are "the enemy" is, of course, quite false.

As part of their job, the DHS quite rightly researched where violent threats might originate.
    Military veterans for example, were seen as being as possible targets for recruitment because of their skills and knowledge derived from training.
    That's a far cry from all military veterans being seen as "the enemy".

Read the original document without this poster's ridiculous bias here >
    http://www.fas.org/irp/eprint...
  • Kaleoku... Silverl... 2013/11/13 09:39:22 (edited)
    Kaleokualoha
    +1
    Indeed! This is another hoax from the the Conservative Disinformation Network. I have challenged the original blogger to provide verifiable references for this claim.
  • Patrick Henry~PWCM~JL 2013/11/13 05:23:33
    Yes I am
    Patrick Henry~PWCM~JL
    +3
    And I am damned proud to be labeled an enemy of the state!!!
  • soHotsoSmart 2013/11/13 05:18:05
    soHotsoSmart
  • zeldama... soHotso... 2013/11/13 09:31:45
    zeldamaster17
    +1
    Christians, Muslims, you're all nutballs to me, but that doesn't change the fact that America is screwed.
  • Captain-Morgan 2013/11/13 05:07:32
    Yes I am
    Captain-Morgan
    +3
    " COME AND TAKE IT." If being "We The People" means I'm the Enemy? Then Yes, I'm..
  • Jericho 2013/11/13 05:07:05
    Yes I am
    Jericho
    +3
    I would fall under the anti-war, alternative media loving, patriot class
  • clance 2013/11/13 04:11:47
    Yes I am
    clance
    +3
    Pro-2nd Amendment, Believe in a Creator, Conservative, Pro-Life, Constitutionalist (Federalist), support the Tea Party movement, etc... Yup I think that quality's me to be on that list and PROUD of IT!
  • Surly Curmudgen 2013/11/13 04:05:07
    Yes I am
    Surly Curmudgen
    +4
    On at least a dozen points. Not too shabby for a decrepit old man.
  • Freebird 2013/11/13 04:00:29
    Yes I am
    Freebird
    +4
    Yup, I'm "The Enemy" and Islam is a peaceful religion. Go figure.
  • JeffDeWitt 2013/11/13 02:04:42
    Yes I am
    JeffDeWitt
    +5
    Yes I am, and am proud of it!
  • Half-breed 2013/11/13 01:43:29
    Yes I am
    Half-breed
    +6
    ....according to this definition, I'm an outright dissident!
  • kaZappoo 2013/11/13 01:09:27
    Yes I am
    kaZappoo
    +5
    I suppose I am ...

and WONT back down to any tyrannical regime ..

which is what the current factions are aiming at !
  • dave.bost.7 2013/11/13 00:54:46
    Yes I am
    dave.bost.7
    +7
    I have known for years that my country considers me an enemy to be watched.
  • SharkTo... dave.bo... 2013/11/13 01:55:42
    SharkTongueJinn
    What, are you like a gay black feminist or something?
  • dave.bo... SharkTo... 2013/11/13 02:24:05
    dave.bost.7
    +6
    No Im just a fellow with a bit of common sense.
  • ticker 2013/11/13 00:41:39
    Yes I am
    ticker
    +6
    and nervous as hell about what they mean by "takeover of the US."
  • fooley177 2013/11/13 00:26:35
    Yes I am
    fooley177
    +3
    Does being a mental case qualify me?

2014/08/02 02:44:56