According to New Poll Results on Marriage Equality: Isn't it Time to Finally Move Forward?

PetrifiedElephantPoop 2011/05/20 22:17:40

• Looking4Marine 2011/05/21 03:27:40
    Looking4Marine
    +1
    marriage should be givin to everybody no matter who they love as long as thay are in love that is all that matters
  • randy 2011/05/20 23:02:42
    randy
    Many, many (probably not majority) gays are apathetic. They could be convinced 1st.
  • Petrifi... randy 2011/05/21 04:53:30
    PetrifiedElephantPoop
    Maybe you should poll them and see where they fall...before making dumb statements about them? I am pretty sure that apathy has nothing to do with marriage equality rights.
  • randy Petrifi... 2011/05/21 10:59:18
    randy
    How is an observation a dumb statement?
  • Petrifi... randy 2011/05/22 05:27:45
    PetrifiedElephantPoop
    It looks like an observation without a basis in fact.....or better known as an untruth. All my friends like the idea of marriage equality...even if they are not planning on getting married.
  • randy Petrifi... 2011/05/22 10:00:08
    randy
    So just because all of your friends like the idea of marriage, means that apathy doesn't exist? WTH does that mean? Did you ever consider that you being in Pensacola and I am in San Diego that we might know different people? Having different opinions? Sounds to me like you are calling me a liar for knowing people that don't fit into your stereotype! I seriously doubt they are a majority, but there sure are a lot of them.
    If you didn't want an opposing opinion or thought, why did you ask the question on an opinion sight? I'll probably get blocked for saying this, but it seems like a lot of people on this site only want to be re-affirmed of their own opinion. Just because your friends want Gay marriage, doesn't mean that EVERYONE does, not even in the gay community, where many (I didn't say most, before you put words in my mouth) could care less.
  • Petrifi... randy 2011/05/23 10:13:39
    PetrifiedElephantPoop
    you used the term "many," which I take to mean a majority have this "apathy" you seem to be talking about. I happen to be gay and I don't have one gay friend who is apathetic towards marriage equality....why would someone not want equal rights? Why would I block you? You and I have conversations like this all the time. I respect your opinions...and lotsa times you bring ideas to the table that are interesting and worth discussing.

The purpose of the poll was to expose the hypocrisy of the right in saying what they think Americans stand for....and after 2010 they have over reached. I think their long held positions on social issues are beginning to become a liability...and no longer will they be able to use the gay boogie man to their electoral benefit.
  • randy Petrifi... 2011/05/23 11:01:54
    randy
    There are "many" minorities..... I would say that gay people are a minority, but there are many. I don't understand what the government, i/e lawmakers, need to have anything to do with it. Marriage is actually something it never should have been involved in. I believe it involves 2 things. Collecting taxes to pay for never ending wars, TARP, Stimulus etc.
    And to distract us from the fact that both parties are guilty of the same policies that got us into the mess we are in. Government should not be sticking it's nose where it doesn't belong (marriage). In this case, it is to collect taxes to pay for other places it stuck it's nose where it doesn't belong.
  • Petrifi... randy 2011/05/23 15:24:40
    PetrifiedElephantPoop
    +1
    So you aren't a big fan of DOMA and you'd like the equal protection clause of the 14th amendment upheld. I am proud of you.
  • randy Petrifi... 2011/05/23 17:38:16
    randy
    Having said that, I do know several gay people who are apathetic about it and some that also believe it is all about tax rates.........

2014/07/24 12:22:53