A solid DC tipster has alerted me there is a stealth operative in Janet Incompetano's office trying to take away Sheriff's ability to arrest people. Do you agree with this?

KCurtis 2013/02/03 15:56:36
Folks I just can't make this sh!t up. This has apparently been an effort started by Crazy Uncle, Joe Biden's son Beau Biden who just happens to be the Delaware Attorney General.

I did some fact checking and sure enough found:

Delaware Attorney General Beau Biden, son of Vice President Joe Biden, sending out mandates to commissioners informing them that their sheriffs no longer have arrest powers. In an opinion released Feb. 24, State Solicitor L.W. Lewis said that neither the state nor the common law grants arrest powers to the county sheriffs.

It would appear that Lewis is a little confused. The office of
sheriff was created more than a century before the official founding of
the United States. Delaware’s first sheriff took office in 1669.

Christopher tells AFP that the two administrations prior to his—as
far back as 2000—began to notice a reduction in funding and the chipping
away of powers of the office in general.

Now my deputies and I have been relieved of all arrest powers and can’t even make a traffic stop,” he said. “Delaware has only three counties. . . The other two sheriffs . . . will not stand up with me” to prevent the elimination of county law enforcement, he said.

http://www.setyoufreenews.com/2012/04/09/delawares-biden-take...

According to my source this has given Big Sis Napolitano an idea on a national level too. Seems to be an outright power play since Sheriff's Office controls State and County Gun Permitting and many have come forward saying they will not enforce a federal Gun Control bill.

• KCurtis 2013/02/03 15:57:20 (edited)
    No I don't agree with this!
    KCurtis
    +22
    gun toting napolitano
    Guns seem to be the Government enemies, unless they're theirs.

• uninformedluddite 2013/02/28 03:35:46
    No I don't agree with this!
    uninformedluddite
    +1
    Many Sheriff's nationwide are threatening to protect the citizens in their jurisdictions from blatant unconstitutional federal overreach. The idea that the statists cannot do what they want terrifies them so they will try to legislate the threat away.
  • Mj PINKYFINGERDOWN 2013/02/26 00:23:02 (edited)
  • boatergirl 2013/02/09 19:55:55
    No I don't agree with this!
    boatergirl
    Here we go again with the " I answer to Obama Only attitude ". Shes a Huge Lefty Socialist Twit !!!!!!!!
  • lady_c5_loadmaster 2013/02/09 17:44:33
    Sure what do we need COPS for anyway?
    lady_c5_loadmaster
    They are trying to find a way around the Supreme Court Ruling from the Clinton era when they ruled in favor of Sherrif Mack and against the Brady gun law. Local sherrif's have the authority to protect their citizens from the feds. Obama does not like this.
  • DreamwalkerJB 2013/02/06 06:00:44 (edited)
    No I don't agree with this!
    DreamwalkerJB
    +1
    There are at least two sides to every story and often even more. As I understand the situation, the role of county sheriffs in Delaware, has been for at least the past 80 years, quite different than the role of sheriffs in most (perhaps all) other states.

The sheriffs offices of the 3 counties in Delaware have acted as process servers, and the agents of sheriff sales for the county. As the website for the Sussex County Delaware Sheriffs Office puts it: "This office serves papers for the courts and holds Sheriff's sales for non-payment of taxes, mortgage foreclosures plus all other court orders." http://www.sussexcountyde.gov...

However, the recently elected (in 2010) new sheriff of Sussex County, Jeff Christopher (a retired police officer from Maryland - not in Delaware), who served under the previous sheriff for 7 years has decided to take on an expanded role and began to make unauthorized traffic stops, respond to state police calls not issued to the sheriffs department, making arrests without affording the suspect his Constitutional rights, resulting in having the charges dismissed by a judge because of the errant arrest. The previous sheriff also tried the same thing and encountered similar resistence on the same legal grounds. Sheriff Christopher is pushing the issu...

However, the recently elected (in 2010) new sheriff of Sussex County, Jeff Christopher (a retired police officer from Maryland - not in Delaware), who served under the previous sheriff for 7 years has decided to take on an expanded role and began to make unauthorized traffic stops, respond to state police calls not issued to the sheriffs department, making arrests without affording the suspect his Constitutional rights, resulting in having the charges dismissed by a judge because of the errant arrest. The previous sheriff also tried the same thing and encountered similar resistence on the same legal grounds. Sheriff Christopher is pushing the issue again.

The unauthorized expansion of his duties has also resulted in his getting behind on his other duties including a backlog on sheriff's sales several months deep. So in response to his actions and claim of authority not afforded the office of sherrif in that state for at least 80 years, the Attorney General of Delaware (who happens to be Joe Biden's son) has informed Sheriff Christopher that his office of sherrif is not afforded by the State Constitution any powers of arrest beyond those afforded to any US citizen.

Since he is contesting that assertion with a law suit, which by the way the other two county sherrifs in Delaware do not support, the State Assembly has introduced a bill to clearly state that the Office of County Sheriff does not have legal arrest authority. The other county officials in Sussex County concurr.

Therefore Christopher is taking his case to the press in other states and to the internet in hopes of garnering public support.

Some websites that express this other side of the story are:

http://www.wboc.com/story/172...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

http://www.delawareliberal.ne...
  • illinoyed 2013/02/05 22:09:29 (edited)
    No I don't agree with this!
    illinoyed
    +1
    "A solid DC tipster?" LOL!

OF COURSE you can make this sh*t up. You just did!
  • KCurtis illinoyed 2013/02/05 23:07:18 (edited)
    KCurtis
    Bye Bye LNZ
  • Dreamwa... illinoyed 2013/02/06 06:09:26 (edited)
    DreamwalkerJB
    +1
    Who knows what the truth is, it certainly is being spread thin with all the claims and inaccurate comments being bandyed about across the world wide web, especially on fringe websites.
  • illinoyed Dreamwa... 2013/02/06 06:57:35 (edited)
    illinoyed
    Anything that uses an anonymous "source" or "tipster" is more often than not made up. There's no accountability, people can make up whatever they want on the internet.

This fits the format of a chain email. They are easy to recognize, they all use the same formula. I've been seeing them for years.
  • Dreamwa... illinoyed 2013/02/06 07:57:43
    DreamwalkerJB
    +1
    Well at any rate, the info about the Sheriff in Delaware and the conflict with Beau Biden is at least true even if it is only one side of a more complex story.
  • Allan 2013/02/05 16:35:05
    Sure what do we need COPS for anyway?
    Allan
    Cops are glorified paper pushers, and tax collectors. Nothing more.
  • Dreamwa... Allan 2013/02/06 06:10:55
    DreamwalkerJB
    +1
    According to the State of Delaware, County Sheriffs are not exactly "cops".
  • illinoyed Allan 2013/02/06 06:58:54 (edited)
    illinoyed
    Remember that the next time you need one. Call 911 and ask for a "glorified paper pusher" or "tax collector".
  • james2013 2013/02/05 03:04:02
    No I don't agree with this!
    james2013
    +2
    It's going to take a large number of law enforcement men to stand to oppose this government's usurpation of power from them and the people. If my guess is right, we'll probably be facing United Nation Blue Hat military in the United States before this mess is settled.
  • seadog6608PWCM 2013/02/05 02:12:54
  • Spy Master 2013/02/05 00:22:48
    No I don't agree with this!
    Spy Master
    +2
    if this is true..I am not surprised; if it's not; it's only a short time till it does
  • dasimon1 2013/02/05 00:04:29
    No I don't agree with this!
    dasimon1
    +2
    Apparently there are scumbags everywhere and if we leave these scumbags alone they will run rampant upon the earth and i think if they come for the gun they deserve to see how well they shoot first hand up close and personal if you get my drift!~!
  • sbtbill 2013/02/05 00:01:26
    No I don't agree with this!
    sbtbill
    +2
    What is the source? I do not find this believable.
  • Frank 2013/02/04 20:01:58
    No I don't agree with this!
    Frank
    +3
    For four years I've told everyone, and posted everywhere that as soon as the dictator in charge got re-elected he would try to take Americans guns. Was I wrong..........NO......... Only a fool would give up his guns, and trust the current regime. What's bad is those who voted for the dictator will suffer like everyone else if he's successful.......
  • illinoyed Frank 2013/02/06 07:01:00
    illinoyed
    Yes, you are wrong. Obama hasn't taken anyone's guns.
  • Frank illinoyed 2013/02/07 00:24:05
    Frank
    +1
    He will try and try again....
  • socokid 2013/02/04 19:41:40
    Sure what do we need COPS for anyway?
    socokid
    +3
    Childish answers to choose from, aside...

I pick: This isn't true.

Another non-story crafted into one by the paranoid extremists.
  • WankerBait 2013/02/04 19:38:59 (edited)
    Sure what do we need COPS for anyway?
    WankerBait
    +6
    Well 1st, your poll is crap! That being said, you may want to get a new source for your information that's not purely propaganda...

Delaware:

Per Title 10, Chapter 21 of the Delaware Code, the Sheriff is an officer of the court. Responsibilities include processing orders of the court system; summoning inquests, jurors, and witnesses for the courts; and, conducting execution sales against personal and real estate property. County Sheriffs and their regular appointed deputies also take into custody unincarcerated persons immediately upon conviction of an imprisonable offense and convey them to the appropriate correctional facility to serve their terms. The County Sheriffs and their deputies do not engage in typical law enforcement, their primary role is to provide enforcement services for the courts. Typical law enforcement, such as the enforcement of motor vehicle laws, investigation of crimes and routine policing patrols are performed by State, County and municipal (Town or City) police forces.

• Drue-AFCL WankerBait 2013/02/04 20:35:01
    Drue-AFCL
    +1
    Her poll is not crap, but your answer. . . . . . . . ?
  • WankerBait Drue-AFCL 2013/02/04 20:52:15
    WankerBait
    +1
    Really? One must agree with irrational, dishonest con-sheeple propaganda, or choose an illogical position. So yeah, the poll is crap.

And yes, I know when truth is presented to the contrary of the conservative inanity it always confounds you cons ...
  • Drue-AFCL WankerBait 2013/02/04 21:00:22
    Drue-AFCL
    +1
    There you go again Wankerbait with the name calling. Why is it that you cannot convey your opinion or POV without resorting to name calling. So childish. . . SMH
  • WankerBait Drue-AFCL 2013/02/04 21:30:54 (edited)
    WankerBait
    +1
    Did I not accurately describe your political association's affinity to misinformation or did I offend by identifying a conservative as a con? I actually did not call anyone a name.

Of course you implying that my factual answer is somehow untruthful and mere crap is well, not childish? Yeah, only in the world of dishonest conservatives ...
  • Drue-AFCL WankerBait 2013/02/04 22:37:15
    Drue-AFCL
    No actually I did not imply what you are implying that I implied. LOL What I was pointing out was that it is childish to resort to name calling when expressing your POV. Especially when the person (me) did nothing to provoke that kind of response! Now do you get it?
  • WankerBait Drue-AFCL 2013/02/04 23:25:15
    WankerBait
    +1
    There's a big heaping of rationalization with that denial.

- You engaged me, with "Her poll is not crap, but your answer. . . . . . . . ?"

Please elaborate ...
  • sbtbill Drue-AFCL 2013/02/05 00:19:03
    sbtbill
    +1
    How is her answer anything but a researched response to a poll that imply s something that is untrue?
  • sbtbill WankerBait 2013/02/05 00:17:06
    sbtbill
    +2
    Interesting, so in Delaware a Sheriff is not a law enforcement office. Wonder if the Sheriff who is complaining read the job description before taking the job.
  • foy49 sbtbill 2013/02/05 01:34:59
    foy49
    +1
    Ya - he was the chief deputy from 2000 - 2007 (without arrest powers), interestingly his predecessor tried the same angle, so this isn't new and has been going on for at least 9 years.
  • TombstoneJim 2013/02/04 18:51:32
    No I don't agree with this!
    TombstoneJim
    +1
    She was a crappy goveneour and a worse fed....
  • Avenged7 2013/02/04 18:46:27
    No I don't agree with this!
    Avenged7
    +1
    Is this more right wing paranoia????
  • mikeyavelli 2013/02/04 18:23:13
    No I don't agree with this!
    mikeyavelli
    +1
    just another attempt at one big federal government. no guns, no sherrif, no state, just obama and his federal officers.
  • harley oldman 2013/02/04 15:37:56
    No I don't agree with this!
    harley oldman
    +1
    NOPE....Although in some cities its getting harder to tell the Police from the Thugs.
  • Lanikai 2013/02/04 15:03:19
    No I don't agree with this!
    +1
    Good luck with that.

This administration and it's minions seem to be all about removing ALL local authority and centralizing everything under the FED only.

Dangerous times for the 53% of us who support the constitution.
  • CAPISCE 2013/02/04 14:02:02
    No I don't agree with this!
    CAPISCE
    +2
    She is just another nut in the long line of BIG GOVERNMENT CONTROL nuts on team Obama.
  • Flash,aka,Mr.Lightning 2013/02/04 12:30:52
    No I don't agree with this!
    Flash,aka,Mr.Lightning
    +3
    Can she be afraid of Arizona's Sheriff Joe? This is a state thing and technically outside the realm of the Feds. So 2 out of 3 Delaware sheriffs want a pay check for doing nothing;-sounds like typical libs to me.
    janet napolitano bull frog
    Bull frog face should leave it alone..........
  • Sav 2013/02/04 12:23:09
    No I don't agree with this!
    Sav
    +2
    democrats got butt kicked by sheriff Richard Mack during Clinton administration, Yet they are presenting their wounded butt on the line, to know what????

2014/10/23 17:15:01