A serious question for women!

Gracie - Proud Conservative 2012/04/08 20:01:18
As a women I am seriously perplexed about what is going on in the heads of other women. We're women and we're strong, right? We don't need a man to take care of us or to tell us what to do, right? We can take care of ourselves and our families? I see women say that a mother can raise a child with no father and they'll turn out just fine! I see women wanting to fight about these things and to say otherwise is backwards and ridiculous.

BUT, suddenly women are saying that they need government or they won't be able to make the right decisions about their health or get their own birth control without forcing someone else to give it to them for free? They want everyone else out of their uterus but they need the entire government in it? The women that say this consider themselves PROGRESSIVE?

I say that Progressive and Liberal women are giving women a bad name. I think they are setting our gender back 200 years. If you can't take care of yourself maybe you shouldn't be a mother? If you need government to supply everything for you and your family all you've done is replace the traditional husband and father with GOVERNMENT?

I know what my fellow Conservative women think. They think they can take care of themselves and even include a husband and father. They don't need to exclude them, they just hopefully will find a good one.

So, ladies....which is it.....enabled or helpless?

• Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪ 2012/04/08 20:08:31
    Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪
    +77
    We are enabled.

Liberal females are hopeless. (helpless) they want to blame everything on someone else like BO. They want to use sex as a hobby they need to pay for it, one way or the other. Progressing straight to socialism.

• Gracie ... Teri- O... 2012/04/11 02:22:59
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +1
    Thank you!
  • JULIE 2012/04/11 01:26:41
    JULIE
    +4
    We do take care of our selves when we pay our health insurance premiums & we expect that to cover birth control, since its much more cost effective than paying for a pregnancy and birth. Besides so many policies pay for Viagra
    Maybe it's women like you that want to set our gender back 200 years.
  • JULIE JULIE 2012/04/11 01:32:27
  • Gracie ... JULIE 2012/04/11 02:28:29
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +3
    They could use some bras. My husband found out when we went to South Beach that bikini tops serve a definite purpose.
  • JULIE Gracie ... 2012/04/12 01:35:45
    JULIE
    +2
    I think this was in the burn your bra day. lol
  • my2cents JULIE 2012/04/11 04:46:32
    my2cents
    +2
    Is that a young Gloria S?
  • JULIE my2cents 2012/04/12 01:36:01
  • my2cents JULIE 2012/04/13 21:42:47
    my2cents
    +2
    Amazed I recognized her.
  • JULIE my2cents 2012/04/18 01:24:29
  • LOU JULIE 2012/04/13 05:48:17
  • Sissy JULIE 2012/04/13 11:43:30
    Sissy
    +1
    Love that Julie!!
  • Gracie ... JULIE 2012/04/11 02:27:18
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +2
    When did healthcare insurance become an all inclusive everyday pay for everything deal? What you're talking about has no insurance component whatsoever. You're saying that you want healthcare coverage, not insurance. I've had insurance coverage since I was 17, a long time ago, and it never paid for birth control....EVER! The same policies that don't pay for birth control also don't pay for Viagra. That's the one repeated myth here, that they all pay for Viagra...it's just not so.

I'm not sure what you consider an advancement to women because it sure isn't what I'm hearing from you.
  • my2cents Gracie ... 2012/04/11 06:24:58 (edited)
    my2cents
    +3
    Oh yes they do--ED is listed as a MEDICAL CONDITION (ha!) all insurance companies pay for Viagra and Cialis and such, always have.

Many insurance companies cover Viagra and not birth control, still do:

Erections get insurance: why not the pill?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/stor...

And this was 10 years ago!

And insurance companies will cover Viagra but not hearing aids:

http://technorati.com/women/a...

Sounds like men, doesn't it? They're only interested in screwing women, they don't want to have to LISTEN to them!
  • Gracie ... my2cents 2012/04/11 22:14:25
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    No they don't....my insurance DOES NOT pay for it! One of my co-workers gets them from someone who gets it from the VA because it's EXTREMELY expensive. One pill is as expensive as a month of birth control.

http://www.nytimes.com/1998/0...
  • JULIE Gracie ... 2012/04/12 01:40:44
    JULIE
    +1
    But its OK for tax payers to pay for Viagra for vets?
  • Gracie ... JULIE 2012/04/12 01:55:43
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +1
    Do you want to deny vets Viagra? Maybe they have undergone a bit more stress in their day than you? If I want taxpayer money to go to anyone, it's a veteran not the drug addict with five kids but I guess that's just me!
  • my2cents Gracie ... 2012/04/13 22:12:41
    my2cents
    +1
    Gracie, the article you linked was published in 1998; it's 14 years old! Things have changed, girl.

That insurance companies were covering erectile dysfunction drugs was part of the reason why the Employment Equal Opportunity Commission ruled in 2000 that insurance companies providing prescription coverage had to cover birth control also. The use of Viagra and corresponding ED drugs became so prevalent that in 2005, the US Congress approved removal of coverage for ED drugs from Medicare and Medicaid for budgetary reasons. Some private insurers followed suit, yours is probably one of them.
  • Gracie ... my2cents 2012/04/14 02:04:06
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    Yes, I have federal BC/BS. The story might be old but it's still the same. What you're saying is that BC is covered and so is Viagra? Well, my insurance doesn't cover either. My husband has to take Plavix or he could die, should it be covered at 100%? Of course not.
  • my2cents Gracie ... 2012/04/14 04:45:23
    my2cents
    +1
    I have PRIVATE MARKET BCBS, not federal.

It's so astounding that the people that profess to hate government the most are the ones most firmly latched onto the government teat!

My insurance covers both BC and ED drugs.
  • Gracie ... my2cents 2012/04/14 04:53:35
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    Dear, BC/BS is all private. It's only federal because it doesn't belong to one particular state.
  • my2cents Gracie ... 2012/04/14 05:55:12 (edited)
    my2cents
    +1
    What? Is this a "Gracie-ism"?

You're using the term "federal" incorrectly.

If something is called federal, it's owned or administered by the federal GOVERNMENT. As opposed to private, which isn't.
  • Gracie ... my2cents 2012/04/16 22:20:56
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    Seriously? Federal BC/BS is not owned by the federal government. It's a private plan for federal employees. Nothing like telling me I don't know what I'm talking about when you obviously don't!

http://www.fepblue.org/
  • my2cents Gracie ... 2012/04/19 07:44:46 (edited)
    my2cents
    Like I said, if something is called federal, it's owned OR ADMINISTERED by the federal government. Yours is administered by the fed, they have a contract with BCBS to provide federal government employees with health care.

The fact that you're a federal employee explains why your BCBS plan doesn't cover Viagra. The federal government quit covering ED medications for Medicare and Medicaid in 2005, they followed suit with all their federal workers.

Our employer has a contract with BCBS, but it's different from yours because our employer is not the federal government, it's a private employer.

I find it interesting that you are so anti-federal government yet you are a FEDERAL EMPLOYEE. Just so you're aware, Republicans want to cut back on your pay and benefits and pension, they say what you get is too much and is bankrupting states. Are you a member of a federal union?
  • JULIE Gracie ... 2012/04/12 01:37:20
    JULIE
    Are you really standing up for the insurance company's?
  • Gracie ... JULIE 2012/04/12 01:58:19
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +1
    I really would like government to butt out of all private business. The free market really does work when it's free. We haven't seen it in my lifetime. Our insurance is only tied to our employment because of FDR and wage controls. Funny how government screws something up and them comes in and claims to fix it. How gullible are you?
  • Teri- O... JULIE 2012/04/11 03:13:07
    Teri- Oregon
    +3
    than demand it of your insurance companies not your politicians.
  • JULIE Teri- O... 2012/04/12 01:38:20
    JULIE
    +1
    Politicians are so wrapped up with the insurance companies, that is the only way to go about it. Look at who funds these politicians
  • Teri- O... JULIE 2012/04/12 03:34:42
    Teri- Oregon
    +1
    no, it's not. If enough people boycott an insrance company trust me they will change. And there are insurance companies out there that do pay for birthcontrol
  • Sir Bud. 2012/04/10 23:17:21
    Sir Bud.
    +5
    Of course talking of "taking care" instead of support,equal rights and solidarity is a Conservative issue and with comments like"If you can't take care of yourself maybe you shouldn't be a mother?"it's obvious who would rather go back not 200,but almost four hundred years back to the good old days of the Pilgrim FATHERS.
  • Gracie ... Sir Bud. 2012/04/10 23:20:35
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +2
    Are we talking about "equal rights" or just more "special rights"? You find that a women that can't take care of herself to be a candidate for motherhood? Gee, I think that kind of thinking is another example of Progressive regressivism.
  • Sir Bud. Gracie ... 2012/04/10 23:49:30
    Sir Bud.
    +5
    LOL amazing..."a candidate for motherhood".. and you talk of the liberals going back 200 years!?.You guys obviously believe women are second class brainless dimwits otherwise you wouldn't turn Equal Rights and Opportunities for women into Special Rights for women and support women to be punished by the state for being women.
  • Gracie ... Sir Bud. 2012/04/11 02:29:52
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +2
    No, apparently that's what you believe. A woman that can't even pay $9 for birth control isn't on a upward trend! LOL!
  • Sir Bud. Gracie ... 2012/04/11 02:41:50
    Sir Bud.
    +4
    Oh right,I forgot,a woman has to work at home and go to work or ask her master for some cash-me bad.
  • my2cents Gracie ... 2012/04/11 06:39:09
    my2cents
    +3
    Neither is Mr. Limpy who can't pay for his own Viagra. LOL!
  • JULIE Gracie ... 2012/04/12 01:42:18
    JULIE
    Are you buying birth control pills at the dollar store?
  • Sir Bud. Gracie ... 2012/04/11 00:14:03
    Sir Bud.
    +6
    CONservatives are waging total war against women and their rights all across America,pushing bills that require women to take invasive and non-invasive ultrasounds before getting an abortion,bills that increase abortion waiting times,allowing employers to kick women out for using contraception while other bills demanding women to tell their employers what they use contraception for.And the Reps had opposed women serving in the military,opposed equal pay for equal work and stated that women should have to get permission from men to get an abortion.Obviously CONS have a deep hatred for the rights of women and are fighting to take those rights away from them.

CONservatism simply wants to take an axe to women’s rights in an effort to make women subservient to men!.So of course "Equal Rights" are gonna be "Special Rights"for that lot puritanical sexists where women obviously shouldn’t have a say in anything! And YOU talk of Liberals going backwards!!?:LMAO.
  • Gracie ... Sir Bud. 2012/04/11 02:31:44
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +2
    All you dividers need to understand that we are individuals, not groups. Show me your women and I'll show you women looking for something for free. Real women like men and look like women.
  • Sir Bud. Gracie ... 2012/04/11 02:44:58 (edited)
    Sir Bud.
    +4
    I know,my my how right you are Gracie dear!.
    Stepford wives
    In 2008, nearly 40 million people in the United States lived with incomes below the poverty level.More than 15 million of those were women aged 18 and older, accounting for 13.0 percent of the adult female population. In comparison, 9.6 percent of adult men lived in poverty.
    http://mchb.hrsa.gov/whusa10/...
  • my2cents Sir Bud. 2012/04/11 06:41:28
    my2cents
    +4
    Wow, Gracie is even defining what "real" women are for us now.

She should join the Taiban, she can be one of those women who turn in other women for disobeying men.
  • Sir Bud. my2cents 2012/04/11 13:42:37
    Sir Bud.
    +3
    Oh yeah,thats typical and I dont respond to that dribble anymore since ages.With statements like that,such people automatically include themselves,so she is of course a real woman and those women who have a different opinion are not real!.I never met an unreal woman personally!.lol.

2014/10/20 22:57:44