A quick reference guide on how to pick out an Obama supporter vs. a Romney supporter:

Gracie - Proud Conservative 2012/07/16 00:52:31
LOL, so true!
Hey, that's not funny!
Romney supporters sign the front of paychecks, and Obama supporters sign the backs.

• natwebb 2012/07/16 05:12:32
    LOL, so true!
    natwebb
    +9
    Romney supporters sign the front of paychecks, and Obama supporters sign the backs of government checks.

• Gracie ... Scott 2012/07/16 01:26:22
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +3
    Sure, but we appreciate the people that sign the fronts, not condemn them and call them names and try to take all their money. Big difference.
  • Scott Gracie ... 2012/07/16 01:31:08
    Scott
    +3
    Well thanks, but I like my employees too.
  • Gracie ... Scott 2012/07/16 01:35:35
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +1
    Good, hope you like the tax increase!
  • Scott Gracie ... 2012/07/16 01:39:56
    Scott
    +3
    You're talking about the guy that has lowered taxes to the point that they are the lowest in over 30 years? But you go right ahead and believe the rightwing talking points, about him having raised taxes. I realize facts mean nothing.
  • Gracie ... Scott 2012/07/16 02:25:49
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +2
    Certainly not by his choice! He's promised nothing but increased taxation and Obamacare is a tax on ALL Americans.

Obama's idea of a tax break is defunding Social Security and Medicare by reducing payroll taxes, the ONLY form of funding for both! Really smart, that brilliant Obama!
  • Scott Gracie ... 2012/07/16 02:33:39
    Scott
    +3
    Only a few of the tax changes in the new health care law will fall on families making under $250,000 a year, or individuals making less than $200,000. The truth is that Obama has lowered taxes for all workers through a 2 percentage point reduction in the Social Security payroll tax that started in 2011 and is scheduled to continue through the end of 2012. The cut is equal to $1,000 this year for a worker making $50,000 a year — or as much as $2,202 to any worker earning at least the maximum taxable level of wages or salary ($110,100 for 2012).

Obama had previously signed a tax cut that benefited nearly all working families and was in effect from 2009 through 2010. The “Making Work Pay” tax credit was part of the stimulus bill he signed shortly after taking office.

That credit was worth a maximum of $400 per person, or $800 for couples during those years. It phased out at higher income levels, and so its benefit went entirely to individuals making less than $95,000 a year, or couples making less than $190,000. The White House figures it went to “95 percent of working families.” And even allowing for those who are retired or unemployed, it benefited more than 75 percent of all individuals and families, working or not, according to the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center.
  • Gracie ... Scott 2012/07/16 02:38:31
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +2
    Okay, you're making my point. How is Medicare and Social Security funded but through payroll taxes? You're cutting funding for both of them!

Making work pay was a Bush tax cut, Obama just extended it!
  • Scott Gracie ... 2012/07/16 03:06:19
    Scott
    +2
    I do agree that there is some concern about the lack of funding for SS. I hope it was just meant as a stimulus in a time of need, but realize it's going to be difficult to take away, when it's due to expire.
  • Gracie ... Scott 2012/07/16 03:12:26
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +2
    I just think it's the worst place possible to cut. Our unfunded liabilities are now 199 trillion, a number we can't even comprehend!

http://www.usdebtclock.org/
  • Red_Horse Scott 2012/07/16 01:46:41
  • Scott Red_Horse 2012/07/16 01:53:13
    Scott
    +4
    Here's 3 things, but I could list dozens more. You can simply google it if you'd like to see the EXTENSIVE list. But once again, don't let facts get in the way of your hatred:

Created White House Task Force on Middle Class Working Families, which aims to expand education and lifelong training opportunities, improve work and family balance, and restore labor standards, including workplace safety. It also lists helping to protect middle-class and working-family incomes and protecting retirement security among its other goals.

Took steps to lower the interest rates on student loans and make college more affordable, and continues to push the Stop the Rate Hike Act of 2012, which would stop the loan percent interest rate from doubling to 6.8 for more than 7 million students and former students with Stafford loans.

Instituted mortgage relief for families in danger of losing their homes through no fault of their own. Recently, long-term mortgage rates have fallen to the lowest they have been since the 1950's, helping to drive a modest recovery in the housing market.
  • Red_Horse Scott 2012/07/16 01:59:18
  • Gracie ... Scott 2012/07/16 02:27:35
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +3
    He cut payroll taxes the only form of funding for Social Security and Medicare! Sorry, granny, no check for you this month but the President saved a family a couple of dollars! How bright!
  • Scott Gracie ... 2012/07/16 02:40:54
    Scott
    +1
    It doesn't really matter what he does. The simple fact is that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. For everything good, there's something bad. You, and the rest of the rightwingers, will always find the bad. If he solved world hunger, you'd say he's discriminating against fat people. He can do no right in your eyes.
  • Gracie ... Scott 2012/07/16 02:42:45
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +2
    Yeah, that's it, we just don't like him because he's superhuman! Redistribution of wealth is evil.
  • words t... Scott 2012/08/23 13:36:16
    words to live by
    +1
    How is someone who is buying a home, not responsible for making their payments? You said, 'through no fault of their own'. If I recall, it was Obama who made it easier to get a loan, on a home, they couldn't afford to buy in the first place....we both know what happened when the bubble burst....
  • Gracie ... Red_Horse 2012/07/16 02:26:22
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +3
    He's cut the only taxes that fund Social Security and Medicare!
  • Red_Horse Gracie ... 2012/07/16 02:31:07
  • John Hall Scott 2012/07/16 11:47:30
    John Hall
    +2
    Maybe the question should have been of people who lean left or right who receives more welfare and that would be the left . Also are you ready to pay more taxes and pay the fine or penalty for not having insurance for your employees .
  • rightside 2012/07/16 00:59:06
    LOL, so true!
    rightside
    +4
    1. I voted for a Democrat because I believe oil companies’ profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene, but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% isn’t.

2. I voted for a Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.

3. I voted for a Democrat because Freedom of Speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it.

4. I voted for a Democrat because I’m way too irresponsible to own a gun, and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers, rapists, thugs, and thieves.

5. I voted for a Democrat because I believe that people who can’t tell us if it will rain on Friday can tell us that the polar ice caps will disappear in ten years because of Global Warming if I don’t start driving a Prius or a Chevy Volt.

6. I voted for a Democrat because I’m not concerned about millions of babies being aborted so long as we keep all death row inmates alive.

7. I voted for a Democrat because I think illegal aliens have a right to free health care, education, and Social Security benefits.

8. I voted for a Democrat because I believe that business should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as the Democra...

8. I voted for a Democrat because I believe that business should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as the Democrats see fit.

9. I voted for a Democrat because I believe liberal judges need to rewrite the Constitution regularly to suit some fringe folks who would never get their agendas past the voters.

10. I voted for a Democrat because I think that it’s better to pay billions to people who hate us for their oil, but not drill for our own because it might upset some useless endangered beetle, gopher, or fish.

11. I voted for a Democrat because while we live in the greatest, most wonderful country in the world, I was promised “HOPE AND CHANGE.”

12. I voted for a Democrat because my head is so firmly buried in the sand that it’s unlikely that I’ll ever have another point of view.
  • Gracie ... rightside 2012/07/16 01:05:23
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +2
    It's an alternate universe where they reside! LOL!
  • rightside Gracie ... 2012/07/16 03:31:38
    rightside
    +1
    Exactly!
  • sbtbill rightside 2012/07/16 02:52:49
    sbtbill
    +1
    Can't think of a single Democrat who would agree with you points.
  • rightside sbtbill 2012/07/16 03:32:30
    rightside
    +2
    What? you live in a box? california is going broke supporting all of them. bama doesn't want anybody checking on papers. Where you been?
  • Kat ♪ ~... sbtbill 2012/07/16 12:08:45
    Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪
    +2
    Then why do you keep voting for the crap?
  • words t... rightside 2012/07/16 23:11:54
  • Cognito22 2012/07/16 00:58:54
    LOL, so true!
    Cognito22
  • belle 2012/07/16 00:58:05
    LOL, so true!
    belle
    +5
    So true someone has to have money so there are jobs for paychecks, plus taxes being paid to allow all the welfare checks that go our monthly.
  • Beccy 2012/07/16 00:57:39
    Hey, that's not funny!
    +4
    Have you seen the 1% video floating around on SH. It's a good one.
  • Gracie ... Beccy 2012/07/16 01:06:13
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +1
    I don't think so.
  • Beccy Gracie ... 2012/07/18 03:14:54
    it''s great
  • words to live by 2012/07/16 00:55:32
    LOL, so true!
    words to live by
    +4
    That would make a great bumper sticker. Imagine the money one could make in the next 4 months!
  • Gracie ... words t... 2012/07/16 01:06:39
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +2
    Such an entrepreneur! That's what makes America GREAT!
  • Captain Kirk~POTL 2012/07/16 00:55:14
    LOL, so true!
    Captain Kirk~POTL
    +6
    Facts are facts!!
    LOL, so true!
    +7
    LOL - good one

2014/09/03 02:42:33