A Priceless Quote from a confident Muslim Woman

The Qur'an Project 2012/07/24 23:29:57

Nobel Peace Prize winner "Tawakkul Karman," 'The mother of Yemen's revolution,' when asked about her Hijab by journalists and how it is not proportionate with her level of intellect and education, replied:

“Man in early times was almost naked, and as his intellect evolved he started wearing clothes. What I am today and what I’m wearing represents the highest level of thought and civilization that man has achieved, and is not regressive. It’s the removal of clothes again that is a regression back to the ancient times.''

• NPC 2012/07/24 23:33:39
    NPC
    +5
    She is a brainwashed Muslim. She is also a slave to her religion in a man's sharia society.

• Stiffy 2013/04/04 22:16:01
    Stiffy
    Yup, this was in July, now we're in April, I know I'm late but I just had to say something!
    There are people HERE who described Islam as a "cult"?
    What. The.Hell.
    Dudes and dudettes who think this NEED to do A LOT of research as to NOT embarrass themselves FURTHER.
    'Nuf said, I think.
  • ⚥Κόζμω Græme اليا Mongrain
    +1
    Body Dysmorphic Disorder?
  • say what? 2012/07/25 00:19:12
    say what?
    +3
    Her being a brainwashed willing slave I would say it is proportionate to her level of intellect and training. Islam is a cult and anyone that supports or follows it is far from intellectual.
  • The Qur... say what? 2012/07/25 06:17:20
    The Qur'an Project
    Righteousness does not mean for you to turn your faces towards the East and towards the West, but righteousness means one should believe in God (Alone), the Last Day, the angels, the Book and the prophets; and no matter how he loves it, to give his wealth away to near relatives, orphans, the needy, the wayfarer and the beggars, and toward the freeing of captives, and to keep up prayer and pay the welfare tax, and those who keep their word whenever they promise anything; and are patient under strain and hardship and in time of peril Those are the ones who act royally and perform their duty. (The Holy Qur 'an 2:177)
  • Dale 2012/07/24 23:37:43
    Dale
    +4
    So one could infer that wearing a Burka would indicate that one has reached the level of complete and total Elnightnment? What a freckin' crock of absolute male bovine excrement.
  • The Qur... Dale 2012/07/24 23:39:27 (edited)
  • Dale The Qur... 2012/07/24 23:45:04
    Dale
    +3
    Your freckin' point? I asked if she should or would be at a point of enlightnement if she wore a Hajib? And you come back with some obscue bureaucrat from Italy talking about Mary. Did you pull yourself out of that same crock of excrement? If the answer is "Yes" then continue. If the answer is "No" then please have a good night with my wishes for you having a good and pleasent life.
  • The Qur... Dale 2012/07/24 23:48:44
    The Qur'an Project
    Why ARE so many modern British career women converting to Islam?
    http://islam101.net/select-di...
  • Dale The Qur... 2012/07/24 23:56:58
    Dale
    +2
    I see that one) you did not read nor understand what I commented, or two) you really did pull yourself out of the crock of male bovine excrement. I vote for the latter. It is to the point that I can smell it, 'n it ain't a smell like Glade Mountain Spring. But then, what would you care, what? Oh, for the record, I don't give a rip if some bird converts or not. That's her business. Now, if you can't answer my question from above, please don't continue this conversation, conversation to be polite, eh?
  • The Qur... Dale 2012/07/25 00:02:29 (edited)
    The Qur'an Project
    Muslims believe that God gave beauty to all women, but that her beauty is not be seen by the world, as if the women are meat on the shelf to be picked and looked over. When she covers herself she puts herself on a higher level and men will look at her with respect and she is noticed for her intellect , faith ,and personality, not for her beauty. In many societies, especially in the West, women are taught from early childhood that their worth is proportional to their attractiveness and are compelled to follow the male standards of beauty and abstract notions of what is attractive, half realizing that such pursuit is futile and often humiliating . Chastity , modesty, and piety are promoted by the institution of veiling. The hijab in no way prevents a woman from playing her role as an important individual in a society nor does it make her inferior.
  • The Qur... The Qur... 2012/07/25 00:04:20
    The Qur'an Project
    Many of the misconceptions of the Muslim woman in the west, particularly her veil stems from Arab and Muslim countries that have deviated from the true doctrines of Islam, and have " mixed up Islamic principles with pre-Islamic pagan traditions"
  • The Qur... The Qur... 2012/07/25 00:09:22
    The Qur'an Project
    WOMENS LIBERATION THROUGH ISLAM
    http://islam101.net/select-di...
  • Dale The Qur... 2012/07/25 00:09:24
    Dale
    +1
    Good night, good by, and piss off. You are nothing but a shill, unable to understand the question, understand the answer, or understand the problem, Yes, a shill at very best. No further from me, period.
  • The Qur... Dale 2012/07/25 00:10:21
    The Qur'an Project
    K GUD NIGHT!
  • NPC 2012/07/24 23:33:39
    NPC
    +5
  • The Qur... NPC 2012/07/24 23:37:08
    The Qur'an Project
    women in islam ....the western lies
    http://islam101.net/select-di...
  • jeane The Qur... 2012/07/26 01:26:16
    jeane
    WE have SEEN women in islam - a lot! islamis women being beaten islamis women being beaten islamis women being beaten islamis women being beaten

2014/12/22 13:30:22