"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government" Edward Abbey

Misfit 2010/01/14 10:37:29
American patriots, you may or may not agree with what I am about to say. This is not the time for reservation or political correctness. What lies before us is a grave concern to freedom. Because of what you chance to lose by remaining silent, silence shouldn't even be an option. I feel that if I don't voice my opinion for fear of ridicule, that in itself constitutes treason toward my country, the very country that I hold dearly. It's normal for you to want to close your eyes to the truth and pretend that nothings wrong, in this I suppose you find some kind of security or hope. But is this the action of free women and men that value liberty? Is our desire to feel secure so powerful as to have us ignore everything that is happening around us? As for myself, no matter the fear or hopelessness that I may feel, I prefer to know the truth so that I may prepare for it. I have only one way to know what path to take in my life and thats from my personal experience. I have no way of knowing what the future holds except by looking at what has happened in the past. And looking at the past, I'd like to know what our government has done for us in the last 40 years that justifies us in closing our eyes. Is it the eliquint words in which the politicians speak? Is it the childlike ignorance and innocent demeaner of George Bush as he shredded our Constitution? Don't allow yourself to be betrayed by smiles and charm. Ask yourself, do we allow the Constitution to be trampled on simply because we trust the intentions of men with smiles and smooth words? Is it neccisary that we have a police state, unconstitutional searches, Americans on watchlists, weapons bans, illegal wire tapping and military allowed on our streets? Is this neccisary to control the masses? Has the average American shown themselves to be such a threat that these liberties must be encroached on for our own safety? Don't fool yourselves patriots, these are the actions of a government asserting its power over the people, turning you into a subject instead of a free man. This is the last step to a tyrannical government. I ask you, what is the purpose of hundreds of unconstitutional laws if not to slowly condition us into submission? Can anyone justify stripping a law abiding citizen of their liberties? Have the American people threatened the government or themselves so much as to warrant the actions that are being taken against them? NO! The stripping of rights by a government without the consent of those governed is simple enslavement! What are we to do to secure our freedoms? We argue to the very courts that place those shackles on our freedoms? Cause we've tried that for years. Is there any other way for us to regain our freedom? Contact our congressmen, write our senators, petition the courts, we try every avenue that is possible yet it all feels in vain. Should we just give up our rights and become humble servents? What rights do we allow the government to intrude on that we have not already? At what point do we draw a line in the sand? We have and we will continue to do everything in our power to find peaceful resolution. I do fear however, that if we are ever to truely be free again, there may be a time when we're going to have to stand up and fight! They tell us that we stand no chance against such a powerful government, but when will we ever fair a better chance? Will it be in a year? In five years? Will it be after the government bans assault rifles permanantly? Perhaps after they disarm us altogether? Do we fight for our freedoms with petitions and inaction until the government has us bound to their rule? Patriots, we are not overpowered. If we unite under one banner for our freedom and fight for our children's liberty and the defense of the Constitution our resolve is invensable to any standing army. They might be able to take the very breath from our lungs, but they can never rip the freedoms from our souls! Over the past 100 years the government has succeeded in continuously stripping one freedom after the next from us. Are we not less free to live our lives today without government intrusion than we have ever been in our history? The government will never give you more freedom than you are willing to fight for. There is no retreat but in submission and inslavery. The chains have already been forged. Are you going to allow your children and grandchildren to bear those chains? Are you going to stand idlely by and cry out for peace while the government wages war on your freedoms? Is your life so precious or your safety so paramount that you would allow yourself to wear the shackles that are bound by the very government that was instated by the people? I don't know what course of action you plan on taking in this, but I can tell you for myself, give me liberty or give me death!

This was written by Marine Sgt Charles Dyer. It shows how easily the documents of our founding fathers can be adapted to what is going on in our nation today. Sgt Dyer is correct, where is the common sense of the American people now?

• Irember911 2010/01/15 16:24:00
    Irember911
    +7
    The real problem is education. The progressives are in charge of the schools and have all but thrown out our history lessons, the contitution, the pledge and anything else that would give our Children pride in their country, We need to get these people out of office and Return to reading writing and arithmitic, IN ENGLISH.

• Jesse Birch 2012/02/20 12:56:18
    Jesse Birch
    +1
    I agree with my brother patriot, when you begin to speak of "getting rid" of the current who has amended our constitution all but out of existstance you get put on a "watch list"! Something needs to be done! We at. Not radicals of the right but simple hard working Americans who are tired of seeing everything we work for slip out our grasp. I am tired of watching my daughter get frustrated and deppresse
  • TheWiseElf 2012/01/02 01:02:01
    TheWiseElf
    +1
    Yesterday's signing of the NDAA makes this even worse.
  • richie 2010/01/16 02:56:16
  • a 2010/01/15 21:54:23
  • rwayne72160 2010/01/15 21:41:21
    rwayne72160
    +1
    Well said, I couldn't agree more.
  • morning40oz~mad as hell 2010/01/15 19:45:25
    morning40oz~mad as hell
    +3
    I wonder where the common sense and the bravery of the American people have been for decades. The majority of this public talks a good game about love of country, freedom, liberty, and the land of the brave, but the inaction of this public proves their words nothing but an idealistic sentiment rather than a way of life. Think we're free? Absolutely not. And, no, comparison to the freedom of other countries doesn't cut it, but is a lame rationalization. What will it take for this public to finally draw a line in the sand and stand by it? This public has witnessed the decline of our country, the corruption and bastardization of what was once a Constitutional Republic traded for what has become a Socialist country, for decades, with a barely audible whimper. Only since it has become painfully obvious(except to those of us who have been screaming for decades) has this public even considered the option that we are NOT what we believe ourselves to be. Land of the brave? What a joke!!! We have allowed the terrorists to win by trading liberty for a false sense of security. Is it really living if you're not free? Not to me, it isn't. I would rather die, proud and free, by the terrorists than to painfully watch our country turn into the Third Reich as this public has welcomed since the advent of the Patriot Act.

Give me liberty of give me death? I say yes and, unlike the majority of this public, I actually mean it.
  • hook morning... 2010/01/15 19:53:28
    hook
    +3
    i do!!
  • Rikki morning... 2010/01/15 20:36:44
    Rikki
    +2
    Americans have been asleep for a long time now. We have allowed this to happen by our own complacency and laziness. But, you are witnessing a massive awakening! People are rallying together now for their rights. I urge you to have faith in your fellow Americans. It's true that some people will become dependent upon the government for food, jobs, healthcare, etc... and will be afraid to stand up to them. There will be those who are afraid to take a stand for whatever reasons, but there will also be those who know what has to be done and will not stand idly by and watch their while their freedoms are stripped from them and their great nation destroyed. Our hope lies within these individuals. Sometimes the greatest armies are those which are small yet determined. The Battle of the Alamo is a reminder of that. Also, I was reminded today of a Bible passage in which the Lord said to Gideon, "“You have too many men for me to deliver Midian into their hands. In order that Israel may not boast against me that her own strength has saved her, announce now to the people, ‘Anyone who trembles with fear may turn back and leave Mount Gilead.’”
    Judges 7: 2-3

Patience isn't a virtue of mine, but I know that there is a time for everything. It is extremely frustrating to watch what is happeni...

Judges 7: 2-3

Patience isn't a virtue of mine, but I know that there is a time for everything. It is extremely frustrating to watch what is happening but if we act prematurely and without a plan, we will surely fail. Failure cannot be an option at this point.

That said, I am with you 100%. I owe it to my son to fight for his future. What kind of parent would I be if I did nothing? What kind of American would I be? Not one who is worthy of my forefather's efforts. I believe it was Emiliano Zapata who stated, "It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees." My rights are given to me solely by my God and are protected by my Guns. I know I am not alone in feeling this way but I (like many others) am biding my time until I am forced to prove it. I pray daily for a peaceable outcome, but I am more than willing to defend myself, my family and my Republic if not!
  • morning... Rikki 2010/01/15 21:00:49
    morning40oz~mad as hell
    +1
    A very long time. I have no faith because I watch, in horror, people continue to believe that there is going to be change so long as they continue voting for either of the monopoly parties, Democrat and Republican, that are guilty of destroying our Republic. The only thing that changes are the faces on Capitol Hill. Legislation passed backs up my claim that neither parties are one of the people. Until people choose to face THAT ugly truth, I see no reason to have faith.
  • Rikki morning... 2010/01/15 21:28:28
    Rikki
    +3
    You are definately correct. BOTH parties are the issue. I think that some people are hoping that they can vote Conservatives into the Republican party but, I think neither party can no longer be trusted.
  • morning... Rikki 2010/01/15 22:34:01
    morning40oz~mad as hell
    +2
    Sadly, I agree. By most I would be considered a conservative. However, my only allegiance is to the US Constitution. I'm a believer that TRUE conservatives and true liberals(not the bastardizations of the labels we have now) who are loyal to the Constitution are needed in order for there to be checks and balances. Thomas Jefferson would have been considered a liberal. He is one of my heroes, along with Samuel Adams and Patrick Henry. These frauds that occupy our government now are insults to both the liberals and conservatives who founded this country.
  • Misfit morning... 2010/01/17 02:03:04
    Misfit
    +1
    Semper Fi
  • Fidelito morning... 2010/01/20 21:49:29
    Fidelito
    +1
    Well, that has been changed to "Give me liberty or give me head". Lol!!!
  • Gina 2010/01/15 19:18:18
    Gina
    We are coming for them.

• rickster Gina 2013/02/05 05:16:51
    rickster
    +2
    This video saddens me. It's so full of untruths. I hardly know where to begin. First off, the TARP was done under Bush. I understand anger at the government for letting the banks do what they did. that is natural and I feel that way also. With the private sector of our economy collapsed with no credit available, why shouldn't the government prop it up with stimulus, which we've done for years and I bet you didn't complain? Should they have done nothing and let the unemployment rate go up and up? And when it comes to raising your taxes, they were in fact cut as part of that stimulus. I could go on and on. Please wake up. I don't know how you're forming your opinions, but you may want to read or listen to some more credible sources of news, and skip the talk radio, Beck or FOX , if that's where it's coming from. Thanks.
  • govlastpeoplefirst 2010/01/15 17:37:51
    govlastpeoplefirst
    +4
    I am watching the upcoming elections. only 21% of this nation is liberal, an overwhelming amount of Americans now consider themselves conservatives. I still hold out faith this country has truly woken up to the corruption of mass government.
  • ray govlast... 2010/01/15 22:02:22
    ray
    +2
    They have not woken, it is our duty now to scream the warning. To shake the deniers and the complacent out of their stupor. To raise every voice in a chorus of outrage at the crimes committed by congress and courts. It is not to late, but the hour grows close
  • govlast... ray 2010/01/17 16:40:21
    govlastpeoplefirst
    I agree 101%. I see every where I go. 2010 is the year for America to Wake UP. Get back to our core principles and the US Constitution. If our elected officials refuse to read and follow the Constitution which they take an oath to protect, vote them out.
  • ray govlast... 2010/01/17 16:55:52
    ray
    +1
    Things have been festering in the shadows for decades, growing like a cancer while we were distracted. We were led to believe we could do nothing, that "they" would protect us. For every Lobbyist who gave a bribe, there was a politician who accepted it. There is still time to reclaim America, but , I fear for the country if we do not act in the coming 2010 election. We need a wholesale house cleaning this fall as a beginning.
  • govlast... ray 2010/01/17 19:51:01
    govlastpeoplefirst
    If the Mass election is won by S. Brown, this may be the start of saving our country. But I hope it the rep.s don't think b/c he won a few elections, they have a pass. They should have changed in 2006 when they lost so badly.
  • ray govlast... 2010/01/17 23:03:09
    ray
    +1
    Agreed, I don't really see this as a party issue. Rather a return to our roots for Individual liberty and overall reduction in government. The next three years are vital if America is to survive.
  • govlast... ray 2010/01/18 14:29:47
    govlastpeoplefirst
    +1
    The parties in this country are broken and corrupt. They think of their power before the people. I look to candidates to be humble, who will get out to the people and stick to the policies that will abide by the Constitution and lessen Government. I'm done trusting a "party" to pick a candidate and just "pulling the lever".
  • ray govlast... 2010/01/18 17:41:04
    ray
    +1
    you are so correct, for every bribe there was someone willing to take it.
  • Misfit govlast... 2010/01/19 02:48:31
    Misfit
    +1
    Exactly. And this is a problem that has been happening for YEARS.
  • govlast... Misfit 2010/01/19 17:35:28
    govlastpeoplefirst
    Did you see MSNBC last night Chris Matthews - basically telling voters in Mass to cheat, having Rahm call in about 213 million voter favors or a fix? "he can get that many up there, can't he" quest, "sure he can, and he better". ED Show "I would vote 10 time to keep these bastards out". Later that day he apologized by saying he meant to say "I meant to say I would vote 20 times, we all know in Mass they have not voter ID" hint hint. What the heck.
  • Misfit govlast... 2010/01/20 01:45:31
    Misfit
    +1
    I didn't see it when it first aired, but I have seen the video online. And that is the mindset of these people.
  • govlast... Misfit 2010/01/20 03:46:48
    govlastpeoplefirst
    Sick.
  • Kane Fernau 2010/01/15 16:52:03
    Kane Fernau
    +3
    I remember the left whining about Bush stopping the election, proclaiming marshal law and making himself the Dictator. Other than the Patriot Act how did Bush shred the Constitution? How many Americans were incarcerated by laws of the Patriot Act? I'm not a fan of the Patriot Act but I felt safer from terror attacks under Bush than I do now!
  • Misfit Kane Fe... 2010/01/17 02:11:42
    Misfit
    And in fact, we were safer from terrorist attack under Bush, but mostly because he didn't travel the world telling them that they were right and America was wrong. Maybe we weren't truely safer but visibly we were because we were visibly a stronger nation at that time. But Bush, Clinton, Bush Sr, Regan, etc... all have had the same socialist agenda. In fact, even back in 1954 during the Red Scare, our government attempted to disuade communism from entering America, partially by adding the term "under god" into the Pledge of Alliegence. But by doing so they opened the door to the communist rationalle by making the entire nation pledge alliegence to the same god. This is much older and much more sinister than just Bush, Obama, etc....
  • Kane Fe... Misfit 2010/01/17 02:26:43
    Kane Fernau
    +1
    The Progressive movement in the US goes as far back as Teddy Roosevelt!
  • Irember911 2010/01/15 16:24:00
    Irember911
    +7
  • Racefish 2010/01/15 15:47:29
    Racefish
    +3
    I had to go back through and edit for grammar and spelling to make it readable. The question;
    "Is it the childlike ignorance and innocent demeaner of George Bush as he shredded our Constitution?" seems like he doesn't have a good grasp on how long this has been going on, nor how the Obama administration is subverting the Constitution even more.
    The piece is written with passion and I have to say his heart is in the right place. We need people to be as passionate as he is.
    Semper Fi Charles. Never give up hope.
  • Misfit Racefish 2010/01/17 02:12:47
    Misfit
    This was written, I believe, before Obama actually took office.
  • Racefish Misfit 2010/01/17 15:11:39
    Racefish
    +1
    This all started with the Wilson administration.
  • bluejacket 2010/01/15 15:07:48
    bluejacket
    +3
    I hope it never comes to taking arms against the gov't, but, I would prefer death to living as the gov't slave, and milking cow.
  • rwayne7... bluejacket 2010/01/15 21:45:28
    rwayne72160
    +2
    It happened before. And I agree wholeheartedly with those who wanted their independence in 1861. We're just an inch away from needing to fight for our independence again though.
  • jimiwhitten 2010/01/15 15:05:00 (edited)
    jimiwhitten
    +3
    I think this administration's plan is economic enslavement - I bet money that by the 2012 election, more than half of voters (Legal and not) draw a check from the fed!
  • ray jimiwhi... 2010/01/17 23:27:12
    ray
    The goal of the ****ist, is to collapse the government, no matter the cost, then to rebuild as they see fit. This is the purpose of army of czars I'm afraid, to be a shadow government when the economy collapses, to replace the congress and the courts. We must not allow this to come to pass.
  • USAF Vet Dan 2010/01/15 15:04:26
  • dee USAF Ve... 2010/01/15 18:52:12
    dee
    +3
    Ya make me proud, USAF!!

2014/10/24 19:50:35