A Nation In Upheaval

snell/GOD & COUNTRY-zero cliques 2012/08/07 23:09:42

Opinion counts. However,.....pls no name calling, provocative or inciteful harassment of fellow SH's.....

*Blog raves appreciatedted ;-)

Sometimes the Minority IS Enough

By / 7August 2012

Even those of us who love God n' Country can get discouraged. Actually, it’s because
we love God and country that we DO occasionally get discouraged. Our vision
for America is pretty tall; but all around us, on almost every cultural
front, things are looking pretty low these days. However, as Jim Hodges reminds us
below, all through history it has often been a numerically unimpressive,
but still devoted, minority that has led the way to breakthrough and
civilizational transformation; some good, some bad, but transformation
nonetheless. I’ve been told only approximately 1/3 of the colonists
actively supported the American Revolution – and look how that turned
out! Take heart, folks. Feeling outmatched? You’re in good company
historically …

This past month we celebrated America’s birthday. The holiday was
July 4, 1776. Will our 236th be happy or something else?

Some would say that the
use of the term, ‘American exceptionalism’ is arrogance, still others would
believe the idea of a declining America is disheartening. Here are some questions:

1. Does our birthday this past month signal a season when our
nation’s spiritual, moral, economic, and cultural decline begins a turn
around FOR the good of our nation?

2. Does it signal a
spiritual awakening which includes but goes beyond patriotism?

3. Could we
begin to see the decline of an Era which began in the radical '60's that
has propelled our nation headlong into Sharia Law, Radical Islam, Gay-rights, Socialism, Marxism, Anti-capitalism, abortion,
and Keynesian economics?

4. Could the Biblical world-view our founding fathers embraced begin to ascend
once again?

The Issue before us: does America pivot this year or not?

Question Closed

• Jack Sprat 2012/08/07 23:30:07
    Jack Sprat
    +16
    One way or another it will pivot, real question is it left or right, up or continued down.

I don't really know. So many stupid people on the left will cheat anyway the can to keep the "free cheese" coming.......

"Useful Idiots" as Uncle Joe called them.

obama walking on water

• ☆stillthe12c☆ 2012/08/09 06:26:33
    ☆stillthe12c☆
    I really did not feel to much about celebrating with what I see going on in America. A socialist running our country and has not intention in improving it but tearing it down. People that support him and applauding him blindly.
  • CFlyJuice 2012/08/08 18:55:32
    CFlyJuice
    +3
    Does America pivot this year or not?

I believe it truly does... in short: It takes a Carter to get a Reagan.

While Mitt might not be Reagan incarnate, I think he will be a great President.

The fact is, America HAS woken up from the Obama hangover.

Don't fool yourselves, there will be a landslide in November. People have seen once again, the destructive poison that is liberalism.

Not being satisfied with 4.6% unemployment and 52 straight months of job creation under Bush, a majority fell into a funk over the Iraq war. They believed Pelosi and the rest of the scum that they would take care Iraq and THEN everything would be perfect.. Iraq and the economy would be the same... PERFECT.

BUT, their plan was to move for their "social justice" platform and couldn't care less about the war (Even Obama withdrew the troops in 2011 on the date agreed to by BUSH).

When they saw what their DISASTROUS policies did to the economy, they pointed the ever willing media to blame everything on Bush. The DEMOCRATS slush funds Fannie & Freddie were about to tank the economy so they put the pedal to the metal on all the sub-prime mortgages to make sure they could take the White House.

When Obama's poll #'s went below McCain's for the first time, they rolled out the top scum-bags. Harry Reid a...

Does America pivot this year or not?

When Obama's poll #'s went below McCain's for the first time, they rolled out the top scum-bags. Harry Reid and Chuck Schumer. Up-Chuck ( a NY Senator!) told the "press" that the CALIFORNIA bank, Indie Mac, was about to go under. The next day, OF COURSE they started a run on the bank and low and behold, Indie Mac collapsed. Then it was Reid's turn. He came out and said that "ONE MAJOR INSURANCE COMPANY" was about to go bankrupt. So since Harry didn't say which one was in trouble, ALL THE INSURANCE STOCKS TANKED THE NEXT DAY. They tanked the economy, blamed it on Bush and the GOP and continued their rein of terror on the private sector for 2 more years.

LETS REMEMBER EVERYTHING THAT THEY HAVE DONE TO OUR GREAT COUNTRY AND TAKE BACK AMERICA!!

take back america romney
  • snell/G... CFlyJuice 2012/08/08 21:26:14
    snell/GOD & COUNTRY-zero cliques
    +3
    outstanding comment! TU
  • Christopher Kirchen 2012/08/08 14:32:10
    Christopher Kirchen
    "Opinion is welcome, attitude is not" Care to elaborate on what constitutes each?
  • snell/G... Christo... 2012/08/08 21:28:56
    snell/GOD & COUNTRY-zero cliques
    +1
    alot of liberal losers (ie, trollies, Socks, bored kids, etc) hop on and decide to deride, defame, and generally defacate at conservatives on my blogs - thus i request everyone
    behave their nasty A*.........NOW do u understand?
  • Christo... snell/G... 2012/08/08 23:03:40
    Christopher Kirchen
    I do see what you mean, yes; I do remind you, however, that a deeply held opinion can sometimes come out sounding like attitude.
  • snell/G... Christo... 2012/08/09 03:34:19 (edited)
    snell/GOD & COUNTRY-zero cliques
    something i didn't clarify ( i 'assumed' you'd pick up on) is that within the 'irritant' crowd are those particular ppl whose sole aim is to incite, provocate and attack conservatives who do not view life as they do. They're the rude, bitter, bitting, provocative, inciteful, cyber bullying, name callers with CLEAR intent NOT upon simply participating and sharing their view on the blog subject so much as they're in ATTACK mode, surly aggressive, and agitating and are looking for a fight. These are the 'types' that love to hop on my blogs and drop a load.
  • ALPEAUX 2012/08/08 13:36:36
    ALPEAUX
    +4
    Hoping November gets here soon...Alpeaux
  • D D 2012/08/08 10:16:02
  • MR. 2012/08/08 05:24:35 (edited)
    MR.
    +4
    THE NEXT "REFORMATION OF AMERICA" IS COMMING SOON! (ALL IN GODS' TIME AND IN GODS' WAY,... SO GET PREPARED!) prayernetwork.com AND bible.is
  • snell/G... MR. 2012/08/08 21:32:29 (edited)
    snell/GOD & COUNTRY-zero cliques
    +2
    praying hands ....nothing beats prayer - to comfort our souls. The 'plan' is still gonna be in place - but His peace calms our hearts in the heat of the most turbulent storms life throws at us.
  • Mary snell/G... 2012/08/12 01:25:25
    Mary
    +1
    It is our only REAL hope....
  • pumpkin1960 2012/08/08 04:16:14
    pumpkin1960
    +4
    Great post with good points. Thank you Snell for strengthening my hope in a better future.
  • ParkMan 2012/08/08 03:51:30
    ParkMan
    +2
    I believe the strength of our country is that we're a resourceful bunch - always learning, always trying new things. I have every confidence that we'll figure out our mistakes and learn from them.
  • ★Calliope★ 2012/08/08 03:42:46
    ★Calliope★
    +3
    Hope so.

But I think it began with Wilson and only came out of the closet in the 60's.
  • Sherloc... ★Calliope★ 2012/08/08 09:44:19
  • ★Calliope★ Sherloc... 2012/08/08 10:01:52
    ★Calliope★
    +1
    Some folks discount that as mumbo-jumbo. They've done a stellar job at taking religion out of everyday life.

I say forewarned is forearmed!
  • gary Sherloc... 2012/08/08 13:03:56
  • snell/G... Sherloc... 2012/08/08 21:33:36
    snell/GOD & COUNTRY-zero cliques
    great clip - thx for sharing!
  • Mary Sherloc... 2012/08/12 01:42:40
    Mary
    Right again Sherlock!!!
  • deborah sletten 2012/08/08 03:29:40
    deborah sletten
    +4
    It's time to turn off the flow of immigration, remove the plaque at the statue of liberty that says...,'give us your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breath free.' There are 1,000 people per square mile in new jersey. India has 1,000 ppsm or a billion people with the average life expectancy of 28 years of age. An overhaul of values is needed. I could go on!
  • snell/G... deborah... 2012/08/08 03:53:53
    snell/GOD & COUNTRY-zero cliques
    +2
    ...indeed you could - but for what you've shared, you are thanked.
    +6
    I certainly hope we can see a return to traditional values
  • snell/G... wtw 2012/08/08 03:54:29 (edited)
    snell/GOD & COUNTRY-zero cliques
    +6
    sigh) I wouldnt hold my breath - me thinks (those) days have long passed us by......
  • Tee Quake 2012/08/08 02:16:45
    Tee Quake
    +8
    In my estimation, the election, just 91 days away, is the most critical since America's birth in 1776. We will either: vote to become like European-style socialist countries; or, vote that we do not want to fundamentally transform America from a capitalistic, free market economy.

Yet, this economic dichotomy, although certainly the most publicized change, does not begin to address the enormous changes that will occur in the government and the affect that will have on each one of us. We are essentially voting for a huge federal bureaucracy. We are saying goodbye to individual freedom and the idea that anybody who works hard can make it in America; replacing it with the notion that everyone should have everything in equal amounts, regardless of their effort: bare boned "socialism". We are handing the power of the "individual" and the "States" to a virtually all-powerful central authority. We are departing from being a nation with a Constitution delineating rights and responsibilities, and replacing it with contemporary politician's ideas of what the "law of the land" should be at any given point in time.

It appears that many Americans are buying into the "free stuff" illusion, despite the fact that prior socialist societies have eventually devolved to the point in which "the ...

It appears that many Americans are buying into the "free stuff" illusion, despite the fact that prior socialist societies have eventually devolved to the point in which "the same" became synonymous with "subsistence" - what is the least that a person needs to subside. Ironically, the other striking change that will occur, is the division into a small, very wealthy, exceedingly powerful, "ruling class" and the "under classes" - where everyone else winds-up.

Finally, some of the wealthiest, most powerful people in the world, are staunchly supporting “Globalism” - one government having ultimate authority over the “globe”. A strong, sovereign, United States, has been an enormous stumbling block, hindering the Globalist’s dream of a “New World Order”. Should America voluntarily transform itself into a socialist, tyrannical society, the next step into a global socialist tyranny is almost assured.

We, as a nation, are heading for an extremely un-American port in this economic storm. America’s current economic woes will eventually pass. However, fundamentally transforming America will be a change that lasts for lifetimes.
  • snell/G... Tee Quake 2012/08/08 02:21:07
    snell/GOD & COUNTRY-zero cliques
    +7
    its always the weakest link in a society which 'buys in' or 'sells out' (depending) first. The down and out, without, needy, and last but certainly NOT least the lazy. We've been in the throes birthing of Socialism now for decades - now what were experiencing is the end RESULT - and it ain't pretty!
  • Tee Quake snell/G... 2012/08/08 02:38:58
    Tee Quake
    +7
    Hi Snell, another monsterous, great poll. I pray to the Lord that we succeed.
  • snell/G... Tee Quake 2012/08/08 03:59:23
    snell/GOD & COUNTRY-zero cliques
    +4
    TU Tee
  • wtw Tee Quake 2012/08/08 02:40:47
    +6
    Indeed it will be our downfall like all socialist societies!
  • D D Tee Quake 2012/08/08 10:07:39
  • Torchmanner ~PWCM~JLA 2012/08/08 02:10:00
    Torchmanner ~PWCM~JLA
    +8
    I certainly hope so. How can people in this country vote for someone who says this:
  • snell/G... Torchma... 2012/08/08 02:23:19 (edited)
    snell/GOD & COUNTRY-zero cliques
    +5
    He said 'that' before his inauguration - and 'the' ppl still voted him in. just goes to show a government OF the ppl, FOR the ppl, and BY the ppl is a 'democracy' not a Republic by the Constitution which this once great nation was founded upon. Thus:
    O'bama.
  • Space Invader 2012/08/08 01:46:27
    Space Invader
    +11
    I think not...something bad is at the doorstop..I hope I'm wrong...
  • wtw Space I... 2012/08/08 02:41:50
    +8
    I think you are right!
  • snell/G... Space I... 2012/08/08 03:29:52
    snell/GOD & COUNTRY-zero cliques
    +6
    ....i tend to agree with you. we sure can't say we weren't warned.
  • Firefly 2012/08/08 01:46:18
    Firefly
    +10
    I think we have been in the throes of decline for quite some time ~

The liberalisms have been responsible for that, and our Unity, as a Nation has faltered...

Because of that deline, though, our proud citizens have been prompted to speak up

and take a stand against the radical extremes that have been 'imposed' upon us,

and, sadly, BY us, as we are now awake to the devastation we have allowed.

This brings forth our somewhat slumbering spiritualism, and patriotism ~

I see it as a sign of encouragement, that our Nation will rise, proudly

and fiercely as well, and refuse to allow it to decline again...

Therefore, I find a bit of peace in that, and push past

the bits and pieces of 'threat' that still linger ~

We've been around for too long, and

been through too much to give in

now, I know that for sure :0 )

Thanks for this post, snell,

I needed it, and others

need it too, i'm sure !

uncle sam you rock
  • jumpboots 187th PIR 2012/08/08 01:41:11
    jumpboots 187th PIR
    +10
    Maybe if Romney picks General Petraeus it just might start a firestorm,that the Lame Stream Media and their lies, are not going to be able to put out,and their darling obama might just get his!A$$ burnt....... ggg
  • bob'45 2012/08/08 01:38:10
    bob'45
    +14
    The time is fast approaching when the voters will be asked to choose the future direction of this country. If the voters choose to remain on the path we're presently on, the country is doomed for sure. Another four years of the present REGIME and we can call each other COMRADE. Failure to turn the country around is simply not an option. country on the wrong track cartoons
  • jumpboo... bob'45 2012/08/08 01:46:24
    jumpboots 187th PIR
    +13
    This is why the people who support a 3rd party candidate,should think it over. We can't afford to thorw vote away to someone that hasn't a chance of winning..
  • wtw jumpboo... 2012/08/08 02:42:43
    +7
    Not sure they are thinking clearly!

2014/10/24 07:16:20