A lot of young children's disappearances and accidents happen because of the parents' poor judgement. Do you agree or not?

FairLady 2012/07/22 03:04:33
I witnessed so many young kids riding a bike by themselves, without parents with them both times - during day time, and when was getting dark (after 9 pm).

I saw one girl about 12 yeas old, just yesterday night, not only riding her bike but talking on her cell phone while riding. It's a clear invitation to the bad accident, at least. Her attention was much impaired. I was shocked.

Well, may be I'm overreacting? Want to hear your opinion. happy

• Don Leuty 2012/07/22 05:08:03
    I agree with you about parents
    Don Leuty
    +3
    In today's conditions, the parents of these children were taking a serious gamble. Cell phones and vehicles don't mix for children or adults.

• ElynnKy 2012/07/22 19:56:37
    I am not sure what to say, really.
    ElynnKy
    +1
    All accidents happen because of poor judgement and the fact that we simply don't have total control over our lives.
  • FairLady ElynnKy 2012/07/22 22:09:24
    FairLady
    I hear you. :) Thank you for your comment.
  • Don Leuty 2012/07/22 05:08:03
    I agree with you about parents
    Don Leuty
    +3
  • FairLady Don Leuty 2012/07/22 15:38:02
    FairLady
    +3
    I agree with you. Thank you for your comment, D.L.
  • wutever 2012/07/22 04:38:40
    I somewhat agree with you
    wutever
    +2
    Kids get hurt, we try to keep that from happening, but sometimes it happens. Allthough just about everytime i drive down my street, there are young kids just out and about, as young as 4.
  • FairLady wutever 2012/07/22 15:39:59 (edited)
    FairLady
    +2
    Are they playing far away from their house?? You probably have no way of knowing, ah?
    Do you think it's dangerous to be outside w/o parents at this age?? ,

Thank you for your comment. ;)
  • wutever FairLady 2012/07/22 17:16:35
    wutever
    +1
    I think it is becuase they are out in the street and people speed down that street. I never see any adults out.
  • FairLady wutever 2012/07/22 17:37:31
    FairLady
    Oh gosh... not good.
  • Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪ 2012/07/22 03:59:38
    I agree with you about parents
    Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪
    +2
    A lot don't know where they are or who they are with. By the time they realize there's a problem it's too late.
  • FairLady Kat ♪ ~... 2012/07/22 15:42:37 (edited)
    FairLady
    +2
    I agree. I thought I was overreacting, but perhaps better be safe (sometimes overprotecting) than sorry and crying my eyes out from the sorrow of the abducted child.

I appreciate your comment. :) Have a great day.
  • Dwight 2012/07/22 03:24:01
    I somewhat agree with you
    Dwight
    +3
    I don't pay that much attention to how other people parent. I can say that my 13 year old gets mad as hell that she can't hang with frioends, alone, at the mall. or ride her bike two streets over without me watching and demanding she call when she's ready to come home so I can meet her.

As a kid, we could spend all day out in a large forrested area, but I don't trust people anymore. And i could care less if she hates my guts when she's older and leaves my house, because she'll have to be alive to do that.
  • FairLady Dwight 2012/07/22 03:31:43 (edited)
    FairLady
    +3
    Very good point, Dwight. I like your attitude. Well, let me tell you this... may be to be with a few more friends makes it not as dangerous in this age, as to be totally alone, but I also believe if a kidnapper decides to kidnap one of the girls it's unlikely that the other ones can prevent it.
  • Dwight FairLady 2012/07/22 03:44:29
    Dwight
    +3
    and she is a pretty (if stuborn) blond as well. said to be a real target for child kidnapers.

Scares hell out of me sometimes.
  • FairLady Dwight 2012/07/22 15:45:58
    FairLady
    +2
    I can well understand your concern. Thank you, Dwight.
  • Treasure ♥ijm♥ 2012/07/22 03:18:18
    I agree with you about parents
    Treasure ♥ijm♥
    +3
    These two young girls in the picture above lived about 15 miles from me. Our whole community has been so upset by this....
  • FairLady Treasur... 2012/07/22 03:22:18
    FairLady
    +3
    OMG.. at what circumstances did they disappear?
  • Treasur... FairLady 2012/07/22 03:26:47
    Treasure ♥ijm♥
    +3
    They were out riding their bikes....they found the bikes now and suspect that they were abducted. It was mentioned on our news that one of the girls parents were involved in drugs and that it could be drug related. I have been praying for them but it doesn't look good. They are only 8 and 10 yrs old. :(
  • FairLady Treasur... 2012/07/22 03:34:38
    FairLady
    +3
    OMG Treasure, how very sad. :((
  • Treasur... FairLady 2012/07/22 03:47:37
    Treasure ♥ijm♥
    +3
    Yes, it is so sad....I just hope they find out soon what has happened to them for sure....and if by some miracle...that they are ok. My heart aches for those little girls. They interviewed one of the moms on the news and she didn't shed a tear or get emotional or anything. I would be a basket case.
  • FairLady Treasur... 2012/07/22 15:48:25
    FairLady
    +3
    Oy... how disgusting to realize that a mother is unemotional about losing her child. This is the worst, ever. Makes me think may be her mother has committed an evil act herself?
  • Treasur... FairLady 2012/07/22 17:13:02
    Treasure ♥ijm♥
    +1
    I know! I couldn't believe it! She had all her make up on and acted happy to be on tv....she did say that her and husband had been investigated. She acted like she didn't care. It was heart wrenching. I would be bawling my eyes out pleading for someone to find my children!
  • stevmackey 2012/07/22 03:09:29
    I agree with you about parents
    stevmackey
    +3
    Young kids can wander into trouble if not supervised.
  • FairLady stevmackey 2012/07/22 03:23:37
    FairLady
    +2
    I say definitely! Parents give them too much freedom. The young kids, most of them- 99% have a poor judgement.
  • Jo 2012/07/22 03:08:15
    I completely disagree with you
    Jo
    +1
    its not possible to be with a child 24/7, and if it were, that child would grow up to be extremely maladjusted,to say nothing of disturbed, which mean that thier chances of being a happy, successful, productive, functioning member of society are nil.
  • FairLady Jo 2012/07/22 03:25:43 (edited)
    FairLady
    +2
    So you think you can give them a lot freedom??? I don't think parents supervision will make them maladjusted, especially when it gets dark outside. . I think it's an invitation for a bad accident.
  • Jo FairLady 2012/07/22 23:16:37
    Jo
    did I say that? I simply said "its not possible to be with a child 24/7" and it isnt. Period. And YES, a child whose parent is up their ass 24/7 until they are 21 will most definetly be maladjusted, and will NEVER develop any independence of thier own, which is the mark of a successful adult.
  • Kat ♪ ~... Jo 2012/07/22 04:03:54
    Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪
    +1
    Not entirely true, and not for all kids. They don't need to be nannied their whole lives, but they do need to be safe and they aren't always looking out for their own best interests. Parents or caregivers have an obligation to keep them safe, it's much more difficult now than when my son was little, but I knew where he was 24/7 and he's normal and works for me.
  • Jo Kat ♪ ~... 2012/07/22 23:18:47 (edited)
    Jo
    knowing where they are is NOT the same thing; your child can be playing in the back yard (a fenced in yard, at that) with you 10 feet away and be snatched. you would have to be in the same room with your child 24/7 in order to in ensure complete safety at all times, and thats not only not possible, but a recipe for disaster. So either, way, its a crap shoot.

2014/11/23 14:54:30