A Letter in Support of Chick-fil-A

millermedia 2012/07/30 22:41:04
I support Chick-fil-a
I am confused about my morals concerning marriage in America

A Letter in Support of Chick-fil-A

Liberals v Companies That Operate With Christian Family Values

letter support chick-fil-a liberals companies operate christian family values

We hereby declare our support for the executives, franchise owners and more than 61,000 employees of Chick-fil-A for their Christian business practices, as well as their stated support for biblical values, which is to say traditional American family values.

The restaurant chain is under assault for remarks made by CEO Dan Cathy, who said, "We are very much supportive of the family -- the biblical definition of the family unit. We are a family-owned business, a family-led business ... and we give God thanks for that."

The mayors of some of America's largest cities, including Boston, Chicago and San Francisco, have made known their objection to Christian businesses, and they made clear their intent to make it difficult for Chick-fil-A to operate in their cities.

Typical of those objections was this proclamation by Chicago's Rahm Emanuel: "Chick-fil-A values are not Chicago values." (Apparently, Chicago values include becoming the murder capital of the nation, while hosting Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan, the Christian-hating race baiter who, ironically, opposes same-sex marriage.)

In response, we, the undersigned, declare our support for any business that operates with Christian values. Accordingly we also declare a boycott against tourism or business conventions any city that declares its opposition to such Christian owned and operated businesses.

To sign this letter online, link to http://patriotpost.us/archives/petitions/20

• TruBluTopaz 2012/07/30 22:44:50
    I support Chick-fil-a
    TruBluTopaz
    +13
    My three kids have all worked for ChikFilA. My oldest son is now a manager. His general manager and ten year employee of the company happens to be gay. It never comes up as a topic. They have all gotten scholarships. They have all learned managerial skills. The food is listed as among the healthiest fast food offerings and their locations are clean and their employees courteous. What purpose would it serve to be rude and make teenaged cashiers cry? What sense does it make to go on a liberal rant and then buy twenty bucks of food? This is just another liberal smokescreen, just like the hype over Romney's Olympics comments #WhatWillBeTheNextObamaSmokeS...

• eliosc 2012/07/30 22:50:00
    I support Chick-fil-a
    eliosc
    +5
    See you tomorrow, I am taking my family there. See ya...
  • TuringsChild 2012/07/30 22:48:28
    I support Chick-fil-a
    TuringsChild
    +6
    I asked at my local Chick-fil-A when I stopped by for a chicken sandwich. They said that business HAD been up lately.

And I live in CA. XD
  • gvc 2012/07/30 22:47:20
    I support Chick-fil-a
    gvc
    +6
    I support Chick Fil A and will be in line Wednesday to show my support for the Company, and their right to believe in and support Biblical values.
  • lonewolf 2012/07/30 22:46:55
    I support Chick-fil-a
    lonewolf
    +7
    he has the right to run his company as he see's fit. i support his FREEDOM to do so. not everyone does or will support gay rights and its his choice. its time for people to move on and let it rest.
  • Bozette lonewolf 2012/07/30 23:59:12
    Bozette
    +3
    Yes, it is.
  • lonewolf Bozette 2012/07/31 14:26:35
  • Lydecho Rain (Лидия) 2012/07/30 22:45:19 (edited)
    Lydecho Rain (Лидия)
  • Hippygirl Lydecho... 2012/07/31 02:02:38
    Hippygirl
    +1
    Lol have to love those family values the idiots think they have.
  • millerm... Hippygirl 2012/07/31 02:57:31
    millermedia
    +1
    So sad that you don't have any.
  • Hippygirl millerm... 2012/07/31 21:38:05 (edited)
    Hippygirl
    How would you know? Oh wait you don't because you don't know me. My values just don't include discrimination of a whole group of people because of who they are. Its pitiful that you think yourself so righteous that your values should govern how others live there life when it really is not your business.
  • TruBluTopaz 2012/07/30 22:44:50
    I support Chick-fil-a
    TruBluTopaz
    +13
  • captain... TruBluT... 2012/07/30 23:46:47
    captainquiggle
    +2
    If it never comes up as a topic, how do you know he's gay??

And, how does your son feel about that general manager wanting to have a marriage? How does your son feel, knowing that the CEO of his company doesn't believe that general manager should have the same rights as everyone else?

I'm dying to know.
  • TruBluT... captain... 2012/08/01 01:10:32
    TruBluTopaz
    My son invited him to dinner and he said he was bringing his partner. There was no problem.
  • captain... TruBluT... 2012/08/01 01:15:29
    captainquiggle
    And, how does he feel about them wanting to get married? How does he feel about the CEO wanting to deny your dinner guests that right?

I'm really dying to know.
  • TruBluT... captain... 2012/08/01 02:50:53
    TruBluTopaz
    My son's attitude is pretty much like mine, private lives are private. I don't care what ANYONE does in their private lives. That's why they are called private. But it's no cause to be rude or insulting. Live and let live.
  • captain... TruBluT... 2012/08/01 12:42:42
    captainquiggle
    So, why shouldn't they get the right to marry? Live and let live, right? It's a private matter on their part and they should be allowed to marry.

What's so hard about understanding that? Nothing. Why don't you want to understand that? Because you aren't as comfortable with it as you'd like to be.
  • TruBluT... captain... 2012/08/01 16:08:25
    TruBluTopaz
    I have no problem with civil unions giving them the same essential rights and privileges. But it's not marriage.
  • captain... TruBluT... 2012/08/01 16:28:57
    captainquiggle
    Why can't it be marriage? Why must it be "separate but equal?"

Call it by any other name and it's still Marriage, so why not just cut to the chase?
  • TruBluT... captain... 2012/08/01 16:52:14
    TruBluTopaz
    Sorry. It isn't.
  • captain... TruBluT... 2012/08/01 17:45:08
    captainquiggle
    When you have nothing to draw on to defend an argument, that's pretty much when you lose the argument.

Enjoy your unwarranted certainty that gay marriage isn't marriage.
  • TruBluT... captain... 2012/08/01 22:25:19
    TruBluTopaz
    Do two people of the same sex produce offspring on their own? That's one of the functions of marriage.
  • captain... TruBluT... 2012/08/01 22:46:35
    captainquiggle
    That's not the sole function of marriage. If so, then marrying impotent man and barren women should be illegal.

Next argument?
  • Elaine ... TruBluT... 2012/07/31 00:36:58
    Elaine Magliacane
    +3
    Did you know the comments WERE not even ABOUT gay marriage, it was an interview on FATHER's day and he was talking about too many children being raised in FATHERLESS homes. NOTHING was said about Gays AT ALL! The media just wanted to ATTACK someone with Christian values... and they chose the President of Chick-fil-A... Democrats and their liberal lapdogs are DISGUSTING!
  • Mel Elaine ... 2012/07/31 00:52:33
    Mel
    What's disgusting are christians who hate. I wonder what jesus would do?
  • American☆Atheist 2012/07/30 22:44:50
    American☆Atheist
    +5
    You homophobes are disgusting.
  • Lydecho... America... 2012/07/30 22:50:04
  • Turings... America... 2012/07/30 22:51:00
    TuringsChild
    +4
    News flash. So are heterophobes.
  • Zuggi Turings... 2012/07/30 22:57:33
    Zuggi
    +3
    i.e. your imagination
  • America... Turings... 2012/07/30 22:58:08
    American☆Atheist
    +3
    LOL, who is hetrophobic? The people who want gays to be able to marry?
  • Turings... America... 2012/07/30 23:12:05
    TuringsChild
    +5
    The people who can't STAND the fact that other people find homosexuality repugnant.
  • America... Turings... 2012/07/31 00:35:29
    American☆Atheist
    +3
    That is not hetrophobic at all, it is anti-homophobic.
  • Turings... America... 2012/07/31 00:40:51
    TuringsChild
    +2
    Since there's no such word as 'homophobic', other than as a hate-word used by gay activists, it follows that heterophobic would be the logical obverse of that. Sorry if you missed the irony.
    "Homo" = man
    "phobic"= fear
    "Homophobic" = fear of man. Logically, therefore, your term makes no sense unless you're a turkey.
  • America... Turings... 2012/07/31 01:41:25
    American☆Atheist
    +2
    The "homo" part is short for "homosexual"
  • Hippygirl America... 2012/07/31 02:06:47
    Hippygirl
    +2
    Careful now if you try and get him to use his brain it might just explode.
  • America... Hippygirl 2012/08/01 20:52:27
    American☆Atheist
    What brain?
  • Turings... America... 2012/08/01 01:11:12
    TuringsChild
    You want to play THAT game? Fine. You're a heterosexualphobic. Because logic and consistency now mean nothing. Your Brave New World full of NewSpeak will get more and more confusing the longer you play games with words.
  • America... Turings... 2012/08/01 20:52:46
    American☆Atheist
    I am not against strait rights, I am strait.
  • Drummerboy America... 2012/07/30 23:02:34
  • America... Drummerboy 2012/07/31 00:35:51
    American☆Atheist
    +1
    Standing up to gay rights = homophobia
  • Drummerboy America... 2012/07/31 07:20:42

2014/10/23 02:26:02