A History Lesson for Conservatives, Racism is Alive in America.

mich52 2012/04/09 03:17:32

We've all seen it and most of us understand it that racism is alive and well in our Country... Many people, mostly Conservatives like to use "party labels" when discussing race. Why? To shift the blame.. One distrubing aspect of Racism is the use of caricatures or symbols..
Maybe it because people are ignorant (I'd hope that's the reason) but the use of racist symbols on this site is appaling... So here is a short history for our friends on the Right....

http://www.authentichistory.c...

A hateful association between Blacks and monkeys or apes was yet another way that the antebellum South justified slavery. Blacks were considered by some Whites to be more simian than human, and therefore had no self-evident rights, including freedom. After the Civil War, the emancipation of slaves, and passage of the 13th, 14th, and 15 amendments to the Constitution, White bigots used the association to justify Jim Crow laws, and the use of violence, such as the lynching of Blacks who challenged or threatened the status quo.

Anti-Irish racism in Victorian Britain and 19th century United States included the stereotyping of the Irish as alcoholics, and implications that they monopolised certain (usually low-paying) job markets.[citation needed] They were often called “white Negroes." Throughout Britain and the U.S., newspaper illustrations and hand drawings depicted a prehistoric "ape-like image" of Irish faces to bolster evolutionary racist claims that the Irish people were an "inferior race" as compared to Anglo-Saxons.[10]

Similar to other immigrant populations, they were sometimes accused of cronyism and subjected to misrepresentations of their religious and cultural beliefs. The Irish were labelled as practising Pagans and in that time (19th century), anyone not being a "Christian" in a traditional British sense was deemed "immoral" and "demonic". Catholics were particularly singled out, and indigenous folkloric and mythological beliefs and customs were ridiculed.[11

racist pic

racism pic

Read More: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Irish_racism

• The Thinking Woman 2012/04/09 05:55:56
    The Thinking Woman
    +4
    Thank you, Mitch, this really needed to be said although the racist here will deny it. It doesn't take long to see that racism is alive and thriving on this website and that is so sad. How pathetic a person is that he has to falsely judge another on the basis of their skin color, their sex or their sexual preference. Bigotry and racism is the worst things a person can be and they are so easy to spot on SH. Thank goodness this is not a good representation of America.

• deahados 2012/09/15 23:29:02
    deahados
    +2
    You nailed it they shift blame and use deplorable caricatures to feel better than. Many blacks and whites are ignorant frankly. Whites depict Blacks as monkeys or apes as tactics to demonstrate their superiority. Unfortunately, many blacks did not teach this propensity to do so to the next generation. Interesting today how the Irish perpetrate the same tactic once used on them. The victim becomes the victimizer, which begs the question, do men, and women need a dog to kick? No matter, your point is accurate, racism is alive and well.
  • Paul 2012/04/09 18:03:28
    Paul
    +1
    Most the time, as I see it, conservatives have nothing, so they resort to blame shifting or presenting very limited info to make a point of something that doesn't always hold true. I believe as society gets larger and more complex, conservatives are pulling away from the dark side on the right, and are forced to accept what used to be considered "liberal ideals." Whatever conservatives want to think about what they call "Obamacare," it was basically written by Romney, who will more than likely be their candidate. I believe that type of differences is contributing to the division within the GOP.
    traditionally, conservatives have more of the bigots and hypocrites on their side than do the liberals, but as it becomes increasingly more evident due to the age of electronics, conservatives have to redefine themselves with words like "constitutionalist" or "patriotism," as if liberals aren't also these things. They want to dispose of any old ideas about themselves that are considered politically incorrect.
    Things in this country are changing, although the change is coming slower to some. As far as this post, yes, racism is alive in America, and although it's unfortunate, I don't see it going away any time soon.
  • Contarded Guru Chickenhawk 2012/04/09 14:11:29
  • wtxwoman Contard... 2013/03/23 17:14:06
    wtxwoman
    +1
    I agree with you!
  • Ira 2012/04/09 12:04:51
    Ira
    +1
    If you do not belong to the group in power or majority, you are extremely likely to act in a racist manner towards those outside your group. Works with color, culture, religion, sexual orientation, in infinitum.
  • mich52 Ira 2012/04/09 15:49:39
  • wtxwoman Ira 2013/03/23 17:21:14
    wtxwoman
    You do not have to belong to group in power to be racist. I have experienced several types of discrimination in my lifetime and I am an old White Southern woman. I moved to WTX almost 30 years ago and, believe me, the Hispanics here are as racist (which is really impossible since Hispanic is not a race, but an ethnicity) as any White I have ever met. My late husband and I lost so-called friends in both groups when we married. He was Hispanic. I believe it is natural for people to think whatever group they are born into is the best. It is human nature, but you have to overcome that to be a good neighbor, friend, coworker or person in general.
  • C. C. Rider 2012/04/09 11:53:28
    C. C. Rider
    +1
    There are two places to go to see racism as it was in the 1930's, Shead and Sanford, FL. To any one who has not been there I ask you to take a current newspaper with you. Trust me, you will be checking the date of that paper over and over not believing you really are NOT in the 1930's.
  • deahados C. C. R... 2012/09/15 23:43:06
    deahados
    +3
    Your Sanford experience is very limited, this town is a bedroom community of Orlando with crazy black wealth. I know, I live there and know many Sanford residents who are not steppin fetchin.
  • C. C. R... C. C. R... 2012/09/16 14:23:43
    C. C. Rider
    I do not answer to fake profiles. Sanford is not how you describe it at all. You do not live there if that is your answer.
  • Maynard 2012/04/09 11:52:29
    Maynard
    WARNING,

Sick pictures above posted by DEMOCRAT LIBERAL WRITER.

OFFENDED?

I am,

Are you?

If YES, you are CONSERVATIVE and want to SLAP THE WRITER.

If NO, you are liberal and will AGREE with the writer.

I will now read posts to see if I am right.
  • mich52 Maynard 2012/04/09 15:47:42 (edited)
  • Maynard mich52 2012/04/10 11:31:44
    Maynard
    Only liberals post these things,

Then you blame us?

PROJECTION DEFINED.

LAIR DEFINED

BRAINWASHED DEFINED

BEYOND HELP DEFINED

CAN'T BE REASONED WITH DEFINED

and last,

RACIST DEFINED
  • mich52 Maynard 2012/04/10 12:30:52
  • Maynard mich52 2012/04/11 11:43:49
  • mich52 Maynard 2012/04/11 14:33:03
  • Maynard mich52 2012/04/12 10:59:32
    Maynard
    VVVVeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrppp...
  • Paul Maynard 2012/04/09 18:10:16
    Paul
    +2
    I do believe the pictures are inappropiate is the point. Read all the posts you want, that's why they're there. Try and learn something.
  • Paul Paul 2012/04/09 18:13:09
    Paul
    +1
    there are plenty of us that if you want to slap anyone, bring it on if you think you can
  • mich52 Paul 2012/04/09 21:42:17
  • Maynard Paul 2012/04/10 11:32:23
  • rustyshackelford 2012/04/09 06:11:30
    The Thinking Woman
    +4
  • Maynard The Thi... 2012/04/09 11:54:19
    Maynard
    The only RACIST is the writer.

HE posted RACIST pictures.

You are a liberal and YOU just agreed with a RACIST PICTURE.

Racist Hater DEFINED.
  • mich52 Maynard 2012/04/09 15:51:25
  • DutchHe... mich52 2012/04/10 12:40:19
    DutchHeretic Native non-American
    +1
    and dumb
  • mich52 The Thi... 2012/04/09 15:52:45
  • The Thi... mich52 2012/04/10 02:57:28
    The Thinking Woman
    +1
    I know sweetie, and I agree. Thank you for the support I really do appreciate it. They love denying the truth don't they?
  • mich52 The Thi... 2012/04/10 12:32:09
  • JanHopkins 2012/04/09 04:45:48
    JanHopkins
    +2
    Speak gently to your neighbors.
  • Kevin 2012/04/09 03:59:11
  • Bali 2012/04/09 03:46:09
    Bali
    +1
    gee thanks, now back to the drawing board. nice outfit by the way, is it pleather or plastic?

2014/10/23 00:55:52