86 Percent of Romney Coverage Is Negative: Are Most Media Outlets Biased in Favor of Obama?

Daryl 2012/08/03 19:00:00

WASHINGTONTIMES.COM reports:
Media bias has gone from bad to ridiculous. During Mitt Romney's overseas visit earlier this week, 86 percent of the coverage on ABC, CBS and NBC "emphasized Romney's perceived gaffes," according to a content analysis of 21 major news stories by the Media Research Center, which also compared Mr. Romney's trip to a similar excursion made by President Obama in 2008.

romney

Read More: http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/inside-politic...

• Daryl 2012/08/03 19:01:00
    Daryl
    +22
    The left-wing media bias is obvious. It's a miracle any Republican is ever elected.

liberal media bias

• DuncanONeil 2012/08/11 01:06:20
    DuncanONeil
    Of course! And they have been since 2007. At best they are just a bunch of chickens, at worst shills.
  • Will Advocate of PHAET 2012/08/10 21:33:55
    Will Advocate of  PHAET
  • DJPanicDC 2012/08/10 11:21:22
    DJPanicDC
    There just isn't much good to say about Romney (I also doubt 86% unless you admit FOX is not news)
  • zbacku DJPanicDC 2012/08/10 21:08:23
    zbacku
    I guess the good news is that we are still close to 9% unemployment, have increased the National debt by close to $6 Trillion, and Obama is about to declare himself Dictator.
  • DJPanicDC zbacku 2012/08/11 03:27:46
    DJPanicDC
    lol Dictator? If he was even strong enough to stand up to Bohner the cuts would be gone, and things would be headed up. He can barely dictate a letter
  • ☆stillthe12c☆ 2012/08/09 06:28:32
    ☆stillthe12c☆
    +1
    Is there room for doubt!
  • Freeranger 2012/08/07 22:02:36
    Freeranger
    +1
    Seriously.....I can't do anything else but laugh at this one. Who doesn't get the answer?
  • dallas Freeranger 2012/08/10 00:01:57
  • Freeranger dallas 2012/08/10 17:55:36
    Freeranger
    I could cut and paste as well I suppose......we've all done so to whatever degree, not that it's necessarily a bad thing in finding someone more articulate than ourselves to bolster our position.

I'll make it simple here. I'm unmoved.
  • dallas Freeranger 2012/08/10 18:14:42
  • Freeranger dallas 2012/08/10 19:34:40
    Freeranger
    Yeah.....meanwhile, we're to cave to special interest minority groups who would, like a cancer, cut away what's left of the moral fabric of our nation?

No thanks...and this conservative, who happens to believe in the promises of God and the total revelency of scripture, will leave you with one word.

"Discernment".......discernment in all things.
  • dallas Freeranger 2012/08/10 19:46:08 (edited)
  • Freeranger dallas 2012/08/10 20:01:38
    Freeranger
    +1
    FIRST----let me state that you should kinda step back and chill it brother. Your confrontational demeanor isn't winning you any converts.

SECONDLY----I'll worry about my position in life and the things that I find relevant and important within it, and you should do the same. Btw, YOUR position is no more important, nor relevant than my own or anyone else's on this website. It's "opinion driven"......therefore----no right or wrong answers. More people, primarily those arrogant members, should understand that principle.

THIRDLY---having served my nation TWICE in uniform, I don't feel the need to justify my positions in life. I raised my hand to protect ALL Americans against ALL enemies, both foreign and domestic, thereby executing, more forcefully than most keyboard tough guys on this paltry site, the truest principles of our founding fathers in upholding the principles of my nation....

Take your beef elsewhere. Standing firm on my own beliefs.
  • dallas Freeranger 2012/08/10 20:14:49
  • Freeranger dallas 2012/08/10 20:45:49
    Freeranger
    +1
    I don't think you understand....

At this juncture, you're embarrassing yourself This retort is immature on multiple levels.
    I'm not moved by your plea. I'm very comfortable with my position, which I'm welcomed to. Yet, more to the point, I'm not, nor have I been since you first rapped on my door, interested in your diatribe. You showed up on my doormat. I did not show up on yours. Your opinion, while stated, means nothing to me. You're clearly full of yourself and you don't like the fact that you're being summarily dismissed.
    I get that......you should too.

So....with all that said, let me be clear. You've been allowed to state your position. I've now stated mine. I'm not interested in having further dialogue with you.
  • dallas Freeranger 2012/08/10 20:52:17
  • Freeranger dallas 2012/08/10 21:21:35
    Freeranger
    clapping
    I'm so ecstatic that you're in a happy spot. Now, if you're done entertaining??
  • zbacku Freeranger 2012/08/10 21:13:38
    zbacku
    +1
    Mr. d has embarrassed himself to the point that nothing he says is taken seriously anymore.
  • Freeranger zbacku 2012/08/10 21:23:04
    Freeranger
    +1
    Not sure what that was all about. I guess he doesn't take rejection of his position well?
    Doesn't matter.....just another number with a position like the rest of us. [shruging]
  • dallas Freeranger 2012/08/10 21:28:38
  • dallas zbacku 2012/08/10 21:26:05
  • zbacku dallas 2012/08/10 21:11:34
    zbacku
    I guess you have forgotten that it wasn't until the 60's that the government kicked religion out of the schools, and that the Congress STILL opens up everyday with a prayer.
  • dallas zbacku 2012/08/10 21:22:00
  • zbacku dallas 2012/08/10 21:09:56
    zbacku
    Let's see here, what do we want, a Mormon or a Marxist. No brainer, we surely do not want a Marxist.
  • dallas zbacku 2012/08/10 21:23:52
  • stevegtexas@aol.com 2012/08/07 16:30:58
  • SW 2012/08/07 16:25:48
    SW
    +1
    Sorry but overall the right-wing corporate Media is Horrible to Obama but tiptoes around Romney like he's a princess!

right-wing corporate media horrible obama tiptoes romney princess

http://www.mediaite.com/onlin...

http://www.journalism.org/ana...

http://www.washingtonpost.com...
  • zbacku SW 2012/08/10 21:14:12
  • adeenmckenziekennedy 2012/08/07 16:16:29
    +5
    Only 76% voted yes??? The other 24% of you guys are either asleep or lying to yourselves! The bias of the media in favor of Barack Obama is palpable -- so obvious that only a far-left Obama acolyte would deny it.
  • dallas Ken 2012/08/10 00:12:38 (edited)
  • Ken dallas 2012/08/10 04:56:51 (edited)
    You are comparing apples and oranges. One cable news channel that attempts to have some balance against three broadcast channels and three other cable channels who are in the tank for Obama. Add to that the N.Y. Time, L.A. Times and virtually every major newspaper in America and you have a virtual monopoly of the news media by the left.

Insofar as Christians running America, the Constitution has no such provision. The First Amendment is where the "freedom of religion" clauses are found and it states: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion[known as the "establishment clause], or prohibiting the free exercise thereof [known as the "free exercise clause];. . ." Tell us how you get from that language to your idiotic rant about "No church run United States." No one is saying that any church should run the United States.

Why is it that 96% of blacks voted for Barack Obama, and where in the Constitution does it say that a woman has a right to an abortion? Even the Supreme Court in Roe v. Wade allowed states to put limits on when a woman can have an abortion.
  • dallas Ken 2012/08/10 08:00:58 (edited)
  • Ken dallas 2012/08/10 16:32:50 (edited)
    The evangelicals vote Republican because they are more in agreement with their value-system than the amoral values of the left, and no, the Republican party is not the "Evangelical Party" -- no matter how often you say it, it doesn't make it true. Why is the Republican party over 90% white? I don't know that it is - however the greatest black leaders are all Republicans and/or conservatives - Colin Powell, Allen West, Thomas Sowell, Walter E. Williams, Condi Rice, etc., et al. Great Hispanic leaders like Marco Rubio are also Republicans.

The problem is that the Republicans, the party of Lincoln, the party that did away with slavery, the party that helped LBJ get the Civil Rights Act passed in the 1960s, when Al Gore's father voted against it, have lost the black vote to Democrats who keep promising to fix things that they broke in the first place.

It's the Democrat way, to keep minorities "on the reservation" and voting for them by promising more and more "freebies" that simply keep them dependent upon, and subservient to, the government. Libs/Dems don't really want to change the plight of poor minorities, they want them dependent on government so they can continue to buy their votes with more and more promises.

Why do you think that the Obama Department of Agriculture,...

Why do you think that the Obama Department of Agriculture, with a record number of Americans on Food Stamps (AKA "Snap") is still giving $650,000 grants to community organizing groups that sign up even more? Only one correct answer here, dallas, and that's so they can have even more voters dependent upon the federal government come this November!
  • dallas Ken 2012/08/10 16:51:57
  • Ken dallas 2012/08/10 23:37:30
    The KKK came directly from the Democratic Party, so don't try to tie them to the conservative movement. The conservative movement is about smaller government, in accord with what the founders established in the Constitution, and it began largely with Barry Goldwater in the 1960s -- he was no racist! Racism has nothing to do with conservatism and everything to do with its roots being directly in the Progressive Wing of the Democratic Party. Your first Progressive Democratic President, Woodrow Wilson, was a racist who segregated the military and the government civil service

"Several historians have described Wilson's policies as racist, and some also describe Wilson personally as a racist. (Turner-Sadler, Joanne (2009). African American History: An Introduction; Feagin, Joe R. (2006). Systemic Racism: A Theory of Oppression. CRC Press. pp. 162. -- . "Wilson, who loved to tell racist “darky” jokes about black Americans, placed outspoken segregationists in his cabinet and viewed racial “segregation as a rational, scientific policy.”)

Wilson and his administration expanded racial segregation in the military and government work force. Wilson's cabinet officials, with the president's blessing, proceeded to establish official segregation in most federal government offices – in so...

Wilson and his administration expanded racial segregation in the military and government work force. Wilson's cabinet officials, with the president's blessing, proceeded to establish official segregation in most federal government offices – in some departments for the first time since 1863. (Wolgemuth, Kathleen L. (April 1959). "Woodrow Wilson and Federal Segregation". The Journal of Negro History (Association for the Study of African-American Life and History, Inc.) 158–173) New facilities were designed to keep the races working there separated. Historian Eric Foner says, "Wilson's administration imposed full racial segregation in Washington and hounded from office considerable numbers of black federal employees."

Another liberal/progressive "heroine" was Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, who favored eugenics to get rid of the "colored" races --- many other early "progressives" also supported eugenics, and the abortion on demand that Democrats favor has resulted in de facto genocide of Blacks in America. Since Roe v. Wade in 1973, an estimated 16 millions black babies have been aborted, all with the support of liberal Democrats, including our current president -- so don't tell me how racist conservatives are and how kind and caring liberal Democrats are - you've got it backwards! http://blackgenocide.org/blac...
  • dallas Ken 2012/08/11 05:52:40 (edited)
  • Ken dallas 2012/08/11 19:13:46
    Spin it as much as you want, the KKK has nothing to do with the conservative movement, nothing at all. It is now, and always has been, Democrats who keep the colored races in subservience. Not one of their "projects" has worked - federal housing promptly turned into slums, while democrats like Obama's top adviser, Valerie Jarrett, profited by running them into the ground while taking federal funds to "manage" them. AFDC made literal serfs of both white and minority women, keeping them from working by paying them more for each out-of-wedlock baby they gave birth to, but not allowing them to work on pain of losing the money.

You can lie and lie and lie all you want; you can ignore the history of the segregation imposed by a progressive Democrat president, and ignore the support that progressives have given to eugenics, ignore the support that liberals/progressives have given to the genocide of black babies that's been going on since 1973, but you cannot change the facts and you cannot change history - the "Christian Right" and conservatives in general have nothing whatsoever to do with the KKK, and unlike the left, they never endorsed any of the policies the KKK now follows.
  • dallas Ken 2012/08/11 19:21:11
  • Ken dallas 2012/08/11 19:45:29 (edited)
    You seem to be very focused on keeping your head up your a$$ when it comes to reality. Do you really believe that LBJ's "Great Society" did anything for minorities? It's been all down-hill for minorities since they began receiving government handouts.

Read Thomas Sowell and Walter Williams some time - you will learn that before the liberal Democrats started "helping" minorities, blacks had a lower unemployment rate than whites (that went by the wayside because another liberal support group, unions, wanted minimum wage laws to force employers to hire them instead of equally qualified blacks); you would also learn that the great majority of black babies were born in two family homes, whereas today around 75% are not! You can keep on fooling yourself, lying to yourself, and generally deluding yourself, or you can inform yourself and realize that you are clinging to a failed system.
    http://ecx.images-amazon.com/...

BTW, the "YOU BETCHA" bullsh!t is getting very stale.

2014/10/30 19:10:06