8 Reasons that Conservatives or Liberals are NOT Likely to Vote For Libertarian Gary Johnson. RAVE If You AGREE.
I recently read that Libertarian Gary Johnson has sued to be a part of the Presidential Debates. So I decided to find out what he was all about. I found that his policies are all over the map and has little chance of getting even 1% of the vote.
Here are 8 reasons that I found that neigh many Liberals OR Consevatives are likely to Vote for Gary Johnson.
Gary Johnson IS Pro-Choice
1. He is an avid pro-choice supporter, and in fact supports a woman's so-called right to choose all the way up until "fetal viability" is reached....that can be as late as 7 months! Ron Paul is avidly Pro-Life and these two positions are incompatible.
Gary Johnson DOES NOT Support the 2nd Amendment
2. When it comes to gun rights, his stance is simply that "gun laws are ineffective" and that it is an effective crime deterrent when criminals don't know who else is carrying guns. He even makes the statement that "We're ALLOWED to bear arms" because we are free society. REALLY? We are ALLOWED to bear them, or did he forget that the 2nd Amendment guarantees our RIGHT to bear them. I have seen no statement from him anywhere that talks about the 2nd Amendment specifically being written to protect us from tyranny. That was the primary reason, yet Mr. Johnson seems oblivious to this fact.
Gary Johnson DOES NOT Support the Libertarian Platform
3. In June, 2011 he declared that he really is a "Classical Liberal", but others prefer the term "Libertarian". That's interesting.
Gary Johnson DOES NOT support Border Security
4. In reference to border control, he stated we should just "Open the Borders - the flood of Mexicans will result in more taxpayers". He fully supported the job killing NAFTA and admitted that although New Mexico lost a lot of jobs "we're talking about those jobs which New Mexicans generally didn't want anyway". Really? I wonder if there are a number of New Mexicans who might take issue with that.
Gary Johnson SUPPORTS Federally Funded Health Care
5. He supports more Federal Funding for rural Health Services.
He wants to RAISE taxes on 99% of Americans
6. He supported: Replacing the payroll tax with a Fair Tax and/or eliminating the IRS while implementing a 23% sales tax across the board.
Gary Johnson SUPPORTS Affirmative Action
7. He favors the federal REQUIREMENT of hiring more women and minorities.
Gary Johnson DOES NOT support Foreign Aid including Israel.
8. States that the U.S. should provide No Foreign Aid to other countries, unless it "protects U.S. interests". He doesn't clarify who gets to decide whether or not it is in the U.S. interest or any perimeters at all. Isn't all Foreign Aid that is currently shelled out under the guise of "protecting U.S. interests".
See Votes by State
News & Politics