8 Of 10 Doctors May Resign Due To Obama Care

snell/GOD & COUNTRY-zero cliques 2012/07/12 04:21:54
IF YOU LEFT A COMMENT: PLS. RAVE THE BLOG - THX ;-)
doctors quittingThe Doctor Patient Medical Association
conducted a survey of doctors across the country. The survey took
place from April 18 through May 22 of this year and was conducted on
line and by fax. Of the 30,000 fax numbers of doctors in active
clinical practices, 16,227 doctors successfully received the faxed
survey. Of these, only 699 physicians completed the survey either by
fax or going on line.

The results of those that responded indicated an overwhelming belief
that Obamacare will be a complete disaster and that many of them are
seriously considering leaving their medical practices because of it.
Here are some of the statistics gathered from the survey:

• 90% say the medical system is on the WRONG TRACK
  • 83% say they are thinking about QUITTING
  • 61% say the system challenges their ETHICS
  • 85% say the patient-physician relationship is in a TAILSPIN
  • 65% say GOVERNMENT INVOLVEMENT is most to blame for current problems
  • 72% say individual insurance mandate will NOT result in improved access care
  • 49% say they will STOP accepting Medicaid patients
  • 74% say they will STOP ACCEPTING Medicare patients, or leave Medicare completely
  • 52% say they would rather treat some Medicaid/Medicare patient for FREE
  • 57% give the AMA a FAILING GRADE representing them
  • 1 out of 3 doctors is HESITANT to voice their opinion
  • 2 out of 3 say they are JUST SQUEAKING BY OR IN THE RED financially
  • 95% say private practice is losing out to CORPORATE MEDICINE
  • 80% say DOCTORS/MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS are most likely to help solve things
  • 70% say REDUCING GOVERNMENT would be single best fix.

When you combine all of the responses from the doctors that took time
to fill out the survey, it says that they want the government out of
medical profession and that Obamacare will not work. Therefore, 83% say
that they are thinking about quitting their medical practices. They
don’t want to be told by the government how to treat their patients and
they don’t want to have to wade through mountains of paperwork the
government will require.

Three quarters of them say that they will stop taking Medicaid
patients because of Obamacare. The program, supported by the U.S.
Supreme Court calls for extending the number of people that will fall
under Medicaid coverage, but if 3 of every 4 doctors quit accepting
Medicaid patients, it won’t matter how much the coverage is extended as
there won’t be any doctors to treat them.

It also shows that the majority of doctors in private practices are
barely surviving financially and that they feel that under all of the
demands and restrictions of Obamacare that there is no way for them to
avoid losing money. This is the reason so many of them are considering
the option of walking away from their practices.

If this survey is any indication of what is coming with the
implementation of Obamacare, it spells out the complete collapse of the
medical industry in America. The only places where anyone will be able
to receive treatment will be in corporate medical facilities, which
means longer waiting to get in to see the doctor and longer waiting for
any testing, surgeries and or other procedures.

Chances are you will never see the same doctor twice which means that
none of them will be familiar with your health and any medical
conditions. This impersonal form of medicine increases the likelihood
of missed diagnosis, wrong treatments, wrong prescriptions, and more
malpractice issues. We will no longer be patients with names and real
lives as we’ll just be a number to the government run doctors.

The saddest and most discouraging aspect of this survey is that even
if you shoved it in the face of Barack Obama and Nancy Pelosi, it
wouldn’t change their minds on anything. With those two continually
telling lies about what Obamacare really is, the truth won’t matter to
them until it becomes history, and even then they’ll blame others and
point their fingers at someone else. Unless we can get a Republican
president and Senate in November’s election, the medical world in
America will collapse and take the nation down with it.

Read more: http://godfatherpolitics.com/6095/8-of-every-10-doctors-think...

• Himalayacool 2014/05/27 22:11:05
    Himalayacool
    I just wonder how people look at this in retrospect, since this question was 2012 I see. People need to catch up to what is going on, corporate medicine, lack of continuity of care, never seeing the same doc twice, poor doctor oversight, high insurance premiums and the feeling that the doc has more interest in what the insurance company thinks then your health has made the doc,patient relationship pretty rocky. Perhaps real oversight on care would improve the relationship between doc and patient. As of now malpractice kills so many people and now older folks don't get any compassionate and responsible care. Obama threw Grandma under the bus.
  • Inquisitve Kat 2012/08/10 18:32:55
    Inquisitve Kat
    Hmm... we have nationalised healthcare in Canada... our doctors didn't up and run away.
    I'd imagine a lot of this is hollow threat. Those who do leave, as someone else already pointed out, will be those who are only in it for the money. Are those really the doctors you want?
  • ruthannhausman 2012/07/15 05:27:13
    ruthannhausman
    Scary proposition, isn't it? I hope somebody comes up with something really good to replace Obamacare with Healthcare reforms need to be enacted post haste but that rotten piece of bogus legislation is an abomination, to say the least. It is a vehicle being used by corrupt persons to trick the ignorant people (voters) in this country into thinking they're getting a good deal, rah, rah, rah, and then slowly but surely out comes the purple shaft and we're all screwed royally.

I can't blame the doctors for fleeing but I hope they hang in long enough to see if we can fix things quickly after November '12.
  • lizabeth ruthann... 2012/07/24 17:11:14
    lizabeth
    +3
    Actually someone has come up with something: it's called Romneycare and has been in place for some time in Massachusetts with no problems or death squads occurring.
  • ruthann... lizabeth 2012/07/24 18:43:22
    ruthannhausman
    Guess I'll have to read up on that. Been putting it off for quite some time now. The subject is just too huge and mind-boggling. Oh, well, gotta do it sometime.

But I thought people were joking that Romneycare was a blueprint for Obamacare (or vice versa, whatever). Are there simply some similarities here and there or is that true? I was of the opinion that the hidden taxes and price hikes were strictly Obama's baby. True or false?
  • Rick 2012/07/14 14:55:49
    Rick
    Good! Then maybe we cah finally get somthing done about nixing this garbage legislation when the PEOPLE go after the Politicians! And the "POS" O'Commie
  • redhorse29 2012/07/14 06:29:55
    redhorse29
    All talk. These are the wealthy medicos that said they hated Medicare yet got rich on the tax payer's dime.
  • lizabeth redhorse29 2012/07/24 17:23:17
    lizabeth
    +1
    And not very accurate talk at that. The headline announces 8 out of 10 doctors to quit over obamacare. You have to read down to realize that the survey only reports on only 699 out of a possible 16227 respondents: that's 3.6 % of the doctors surveyed are thinking of resigning over Obama/Romneycare.
  • Mean Mommy 2012/07/14 04:06:46
    Mean Mommy
    I do not want government in anything, much less my private medical records. If this obamacare goes through government will be able to see your records, all of your records, I know shhhhh, they wont tell anyone (I hope no one really believes this, there will be an OOPs time and time again)! Government is already to big and this is definetly one place they have NO BUSINESS!
  • lizabeth Mean Mommy 2012/07/24 17:24:43
    lizabeth
    +1
    So you'd rather have some private equity trying to profit off your illness instead?
  • ruthann... lizabeth 2012/07/24 18:55:15
    ruthannhausman
    Not a question of the profiting, Lizabeth. It's the opening of the pathway for total government intrusion into our lives. You are aware that Obamacare is preparing to put into place total access to all of our -- yours and mine -- medical information and financial information so that they can "more effectively manage" healthcare. And with the input of the informational requirements and administrative nightmare, thousands more openings in -- you got it -- the IRS are being announced. The IRS has already screwed more individuals with their complacency and incompetency on an overall basis. Can hardly wait until they get to go into my personal bank account to make sure my bill is paid for my healthcare. Read the fine print on those provisions, hon. It'll scare the crap out of you, I assure you. And if you think I'm full of you-know-what, allow me to tell you how I got to the poverty state that I am currently in.
  • ♥dreamer-leigh♥ 2012/07/14 01:35:07
    ♥dreamer-leigh♥
    +1
    Obama care is nothing than a bill passed under our noses loaded with more pork..it will be more expensive, the care will be less as well as many doctors giving up their practices, rather than have government tell them who can have what care and when..another type of death squad but more subtle.
  • pumpkin1960 2012/07/14 01:21:25
    pumpkin1960
    So glad you are here to spread this info. Any way we can get this news out is important. I have been hearing this for 4 years, Geart work Snell.
  • ღ♥ღ ℒea ღ♥ღ 2012/07/14 01:04:47
    ღ♥ღ ℒea ღ♥ღ
    +1
    like I said before, it's going to be a watered-down system that is overregulated. The 99% is who is going to suffer with this health care. It's not going to be Obama and if anyone thinks he will be on government health care, you're crazy.
  • MR. 2012/07/13 21:35:54 (edited)
    MR.
    THE BIGGEST SWINDLE IN HISTORY! *(WOW! AREN'T YOU PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN LIKE BARACK AND MICHELLE?)
  • 4570GOVT 2012/07/13 19:28:09
    4570GOVT
    +1
    ObamaCare is " DESIGNED " to Bankrupt Doctors & Hospitals ! It ROBS Medicare of $500 Billion Dollars ( in order to bankrupt Medicare ) . IF allowed to go into effect in 2014 , medicine ( as you know it ) will never again be the same !
    If you have ever been to a FREE CLINIC before , you already know what a trip to the doctor will be like . EVERYBODY has an 8:00 AM appointment . You bring a good book with you and SIT ! You " MAY " be seen by a doctor befor 5:00 PM and YOU MAY NOT ! If not , you come back in the next morning at 8:00 AM and WAIT AGAIN !
    There WILL BE a shortage of doctors because MOST will quit !
  • jrci1 2012/07/13 18:44:01 (edited)
    jrci1
    +2
    Doctor's are just mad they can't fatten their pocket's no more come on u know its messed up when u go to the hospital and get charged $50 for an aspirin that would cost u 10 cents and they probably get free as sample's so i glad obama care is coming

Hospital stay is an expensive prospect, no matter what the reason behind it. The average cost of hospital room, board, and care is about $4,350 per night. A 5-day stay, the average time spent in a hospital for most patients, is $24,000. The exact cost of your stay will depend on time, the type of treatment, and the level of monitoring and care required. The more serious the illness, the more expensive the stay will become. And this is crazy
  • 4570GOVT jrci1 2012/07/13 19:31:35
    4570GOVT
    The Main Reason hospitals are so expensive is They Do So Much For FREE . People use the Emergency Room for " COLDS " !
  • jrci1 4570GOVT 2012/07/13 19:54:26
    jrci1
    +1
    they dont do that for free they still bill u and one way or another it effect ur life and they are covered on their losses
  • 4570GOVT jrci1 2012/07/13 20:00:24
    4570GOVT
    Does the poor really care if it ruins their credit ? At the End Of The Day ..... IT IS A LOSS and not covered . All they are left holding is debt over the head of somebody who can never repay it .
  • jrci1 4570GOVT 2012/07/13 20:12:44
    jrci1
    +1
    but it a nice tax brake for them and they have insurance their self to cover alot of the loss
    come on u think their not going to make their money back get real u sound like a true die hard republican with no open mind of ur own
  • ღ♥ღ ℒea... jrci1 2012/07/14 01:18:38
    ღ♥ღ ℒea ღ♥ღ
    +1
    sounds like you have been drinking the Kool-Aid. When people do not pay, it is a loss and guess who picks up the tab? We do.
  • jrci1 ღ♥ღ ℒea... 2012/07/14 02:38:32
    jrci1
    +3
    even so most people would be able to pay it back if they didn't over charge u smoking on something the bill also is go to bring down the cost on ur private insurance company to so get real it coming and no one can stop it now the bill has past hahahahahahaha
  • ღ♥ღ ℒea... jrci1 2012/07/14 04:15:07
    ღ♥ღ ℒea ღ♥ღ
    +1
    most people would be able to pay 30,000? Plus the added tax? Really?

Do you have a job? Do you have insurance? Or are you one of these that sucks off everyone else and laughs about it?
  • jrci1 ღ♥ღ ℒea... 2012/07/14 04:52:16
    jrci1
    +3
    ur dumb read what i wrote before you comment again and no if its any of ur business i have a good job but i do think every one should have heath care and not every one can have a rich daddy like u yea i said it u sound like a trust found kid plus ur from texas bush so i know u are a republican just remember ur boy bush messed over this country big time so get of ur high horse and get over it because its coming
  • ღ♥ღ ℒea... jrci1 2012/07/14 05:09:59
    ღ♥ღ ℒea ღ♥ღ
    +1
    don't call me dumb. If you'd actually use something called punctuation your posts might make a bit more sense.

I don't have a rich dad, do you?

I am from Texas, proud of it. I am conservative, proud of it. Lastly, I'm not on a high horse so take your rhetoric somewhere else.

Obama is running this country in the ground but let me guess... you don't see it?
  • jrci1 ღ♥ღ ℒea... 2012/07/14 05:32:05
    jrci1
    lol im done replying to u having people fight ur battle now that is funny
  • ღ♥ღ ℒea... jrci1 2012/07/14 21:25:24
    ღ♥ღ ℒea ღ♥ღ
    +1
    you were being a jerk, he was not fighting my battle... just noticing your ugly tone.
  • jrci1 ღ♥ღ ℒea... 2012/07/14 21:30:44
    jrci1
    oh u 2 need to just stop crying me a river everything will be ok
    funny crying
  • ☆The Ro... jrci1 2012/07/15 05:23:05
  • jrci1 ☆The Ro... 2012/07/15 07:03:24
  • ☆The Ro... jrci1 2012/07/15 07:05:42
    ☆The Rock☆ * AFCL* The Sheriff!!
    Nice try but no cigar! I don't support that Progressive doucebag either!!!
  • jrci1 ☆The Ro... 2012/07/15 07:12:57
    jrci1
    lol
  • ☆The Ro... jrci1 2012/07/15 07:15:07
    ☆The Rock☆ * AFCL* The Sheriff!!
    LOL so you support the Communist idiot Obama?
  • ღ♥ღ ℒea... jrci1 2012/07/15 07:51:00
    ღ♥ღ ℒea ღ♥ღ
    no river for you. I just gave you good advice about punctuation. Take it or leave it.
  • ☆The Ro... jrci1 2012/07/14 05:15:18
    ☆The Rock☆ * AFCL* The Sheriff!!
    +1
    Dude, your writing skills sucks and you back off my friend or deal with me!
  • jrci1 ☆The Ro... 2012/07/14 05:30:40
    jrci1
    its my opinion and she a big girl she dont need u to fight her battle so u back off
  • ☆The Ro... jrci1 2012/07/14 05:39:48
    ☆The Rock☆ * AFCL* The Sheriff!!
    Not going to do it! You called her dumb and yes Lea is well qualified to kick your ass in a debate!! She doesn't need me at all with your weak ass!!
  • jrci1 ☆The Ro... 2012/07/14 05:54:11
    jrci1
    +1
    dude grow up and act your age 40 year old guy thats still in to wwe like a kid and i am alot bigger then u think so dont think u can intimidate me u 40 year old virgin
    40 year old virgin
  • ☆The Ro... jrci1 2012/07/14 09:14:05
    ☆The Rock☆ * AFCL* The Sheriff!!
    +1
    LOL far from a virgin, Punk! Don't let your mouth overrun your canary ass!! don t let your alliagator mouth overrrun your canary ass

2014/10/22 00:00:43