78 year old white man assaulted by 6 black youths over?????????? Guess

Birthpangs 2012/04/05 18:00:23

It was six against one.

Six juveniles -- the youngest 11, and the oldest 17 -- nearly boxed in Dallas Watts, a 78-year-old man from East Toledo.

Mr. Watts was on his way home from the nearby Gas Express Mart at Starr Avenue and White Street about 4:45 p.m. Saturday when the boys approached him.

One pointed at Mr. Watts and said, "take him down," the victim recounted in an interview Monday.

Mr. Watts, carrying home two small bags of pork rinds to dole out as treats to his three dachshunds, looked at the youth and said, "Why you picking on me?" Mr. Watts recalled. "Remember Trayvon. Why you picking on me?"

The boy, again, allegedly told his friends to "take him down."

Toledo police charged two children -- the 11-year-old and a 17-year-old -- with robbery, Sgt. Roy Kennedy said.

The boys on Monday were ordered held in detention at the Lucas County Juvenile Justice Center, prosecutor Lori Olender said.

The 17-year-old also faces a felonious assault charge from an unrelated shooting, Ms. Olender said. The teen allegedly shot Mark Bolling, 24, in the 600 block of Leonard Street in East Toledo on March 18.

Mr. Watts said one of the boys delivered a single blow to the back of his head during the incident Saturday, knocking the victim to the ground.

At one point, the victim recalled being lifted from the ground so one of the boys could "drop-kick" him in the chest.

One boy, he said, put his foot on the back of the victim's neck, with another shouting, "Kill him."

While Mr. Watts was down the boys kicked him, over and over, shouting, "[Get] that white [man]. This is for Trayvon ... Trayvon lives, white [man]. Kill that white [man]," according to a police report.

The boys fled when a man shouted at them, according to the report.

Mr. Watts said it's possible the assault was retribution for the death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, who was fatally shot by George Zimmerman, a Neighborhood Watch captain in Sanford, Fla., on Feb. 26. Mr. Zimmerman has said he fired in self-defense and has not been charged with any crime.

For investigators, it's unclear whether the assault was motivated by an attempt to avenge the Martin youth's death or whether Mr. Watts' "Remember Trayvon" message was misinterpreted as threatening or racist.

"It's still up in the air who started the verbal confrontation," Sergeant Kennedy said, adding that stories given by the suspect and the victim conflict and the investigation is ongoing.

When asked about the Trayvon remarks, Mr. Watts said, "All I meant by saying 'remember Trayvon' is to remember what happened to him, don't duplicate it here," suggesting that he was minding his own business as he walked home.

"The only reason I mentioned Trayvon, that was my defense," Mr. Watts said. "Don't pick on me. I am not your enemy."

The assault occurred only a few hours after a peaceful rally, near the Thurgood Marshall Building, 420 E. Manhattan Blvd., to show support for the Martin family.

At his home Monday, Mr. Watts said he has never allowed weapons inside and that when his four children were growing up, they were not allowed to play "cops and robbers, to kill the Indians."

During the Vietnam War, Mr. Watts, who served in the military from 1950 to 1961, refused to let his boys play GI Joes.

There would be no more killing, he said.

But now, Mr. Watts says he plans to buy a gun and obtain a permit to carry it.

"What happened to me … down here on the corner, that changed my perspective on humanity," Mr. Watts said.

• Chanch 2012/04/05 22:08:06
    Where is the outrage? Where is the Press coverage? Where is Jesse Jackson, ...
    Chanch
    +11
    Now if the white guy pulled out his 40 cal and killed a couple of them, I promise Jessie and Al would show up. NAACP, Black Panthers, Obama, And every black sympathizer in the country would show up to put a bounty on the man's life and the left would defend their actions. This seems to be the norm today. They won't be satisfied until there is a MAJPR uprising and thousands die. Something has to change and I'm not talking Obama change. TRUE positive change

• Patric 2012/04/09 16:53:43
    Patric
    +1
    now he will go and get a gun..

better late than never..

black animals, as young as 11 ,,, oh , his single parent mother must be so proud....
  • Chanch Patric 2012/04/10 22:01:17
    Chanch
    +1
    Subject: Where's Al Sharpton, O and Jesse Jackson?

Wake Up White Boy**

The text description is very horrific !!!!

As horrific as this is, it needs to circulate!!!

The animals pictured below car-jacked then raped Christopher Newsom, cut off his penis, set him on fire and fatally shot him several times while they forced his girlfriend, Channon Christian, to watch. An even more cruel fate awaited her!

Channon Christian was beaten and gang-raped in many ways for four days by all of them, while they took turns urinating on her. They cut off her breasts and put chemicals in her mouth... and then murdered her.

VICTIMS:

PERPS:

Knoxville (WVLT) - The District Attorney General of Knox County announced the list of charges facing now five suspects in the double murderof Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom.

The District Attorney General Randy Nichols is not saying whether or not he will seek the death penalty, but he does say the State will seek conviction for all charges filed in a 24-page indictment from the Knox County Grand Jury.

Lemaricus Davidson, 25 , faces a total of 46 charges.. Letalvis Cobbins, 24 , faces a total of 46 charges. George Thomas, 24 , faces a total of 46 charges. Vanessa Coleman, 18 , faces 40 Tennessee state charges. Eric Boyd, 24, also arrested in conn...

Wake Up White Boy**

VICTIMS:

PERPS:

Lemaricus Davidson, 25 , faces a total of 46 charges.. Letalvis Cobbins, 24 , faces a total of 46 charges. George Thomas, 24 , faces a total of 46 charges. Vanessa Coleman, 18 , faces 40 Tennessee state charges. Eric Boyd, 24, also arrested in connection with the fatal car jacking, only faces federal charges as an accessory after the fact.

SO!!!!! Where's Al Sharpton, O and Jesse Jackson? Are they providing counsel and help to the families of the victims?

Of course not - the victims were white

Why hasn't this received National coverage by the news media like the Duke 'rape' case?

Oh, that's right - the victims were white

Why hasn't the NAACP, ACLU, New York Times etc., called for an investigation?

Must be cause the victims were white

Why hasn't the FBI been called in to investigate this as a hate crime?

Oh, that's right - the victims were white'

So, if a white radio shock jock uses the phrase 'Nappy headed Ho', it gets 2 weeks of constant news coverage.

If two white people are tortured, raped, and murdered by a group of black people, it barely gets a blip in the news.

Pass this around, and maybe, just maybe, it will land in the hands of someone in the media or politics, that has the guts to stand up for the white people!! Or don't because you don't have the guts either!!

This is true. I checked it out:

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/...
  • Patric Chanch 2012/04/10 22:08:51
    Patric
    this is the first I heard / read anything of this.. small wonder , nbc too busy cut and paste the audio of Mr. Zimmerman .
  • Broken 2012/04/07 14:20:57 (edited)
    Broken
    +2
    They should all be charged with Hate Crimes and thrown in jail for 30 years or more! Oh, and they should have to attend 10 years worth of race sensitivity classes. What? You mean they don't even have a curriculum for people who do not have a clue about how to be sensitive to white folks?
  • Lhopital 2012/04/07 14:14:31
    Other
    Lhopital
    +3
    If I had a son, he'd look exactly like this 78 year old man.
  • Birthpangs Lhopital 2012/04/07 14:34:54
  • Cat 1017 2012/04/06 17:44:14
    Other
    Cat 1017
    I'm outraged...But Mr.Watts is alive to tell the story....The youth should be punished and I'm sure they will...Now, what more do you want?...If you want protest, then iniate it.....
  • Birthpangs Cat 1017 2012/04/06 20:50:32
  • SteveMarine- JLA 2012/04/06 14:59:39
    SteveMarine- JLA
    +2
    I agree. I'm sick of how blacks think they can do as they wish... The other day at a publix store a black guy came flying thru the parkin area kinda fast and nearly ran me and my kids over.. I slapped the back window as he drove by he stopped got out started yelling racial comments calling me a egg sucker and cracker... Saying he would kill me and my kids if I touched his car again... I told him he needed to slow his wreckless ass down... He ended up going to jail because he pissed me off ... But that's another example of how they think they can do as they wish....and have no consequence....and I believe that's what obama and all those have made blacks think...blacks think they can rob and kill and Sharpton and the panthers will bail them out....well let em try and mug me it break into my house...I will be the next guy on the news killing a few ... Because i won't be a victim....that goes for whites too or any other race of course.....I won't be robbed by any one .... But I agree....white people are attacked all the time by blacks and there is no outrage..... A local elder woman a while back was robbed....tied up and shot in her head over her 32 inch tv and 40 dollars in cash...by two teenage black kids....the media coverage was a small clip in a local news paper....and 10...
    I agree. I'm sick of how blacks think they can do as they wish... The other day at a publix store a black guy came flying thru the parkin area kinda fast and nearly ran me and my kids over.. I slapped the back window as he drove by he stopped got out started yelling racial comments calling me a egg sucker and cracker... Saying he would kill me and my kids if I touched his car again... I told him he needed to slow his wreckless ass down... He ended up going to jail because he pissed me off ... But that's another example of how they think they can do as they wish....and have no consequence....and I believe that's what obama and all those have made blacks think...blacks think they can rob and kill and Sharpton and the panthers will bail them out....well let em try and mug me it break into my house...I will be the next guy on the news killing a few ... Because i won't be a victim....that goes for whites too or any other race of course.....I won't be robbed by any one .... But I agree....white people are attacked all the time by blacks and there is no outrage..... A local elder woman a while back was robbed....tied up and shot in her head over her 32 inch tv and 40 dollars in cash...by two teenage black kids....the media coverage was a small clip in a local news paper....and 10 mins or less on a local radio station....didn't even make the prime news....I only knew about it because of my job.... Things like this happen all the time...and you never hear about it. I say we need to get the kkk to make big deals out of white people being killed just like sharpton and the panthers...they have black pride days and all that...we outta form a white pride kinda thing....but that would be an outrage also...whites aren't supposed to be proud. It's a backwards world we live in.
  • Birthpangs SteveMa... 2012/04/06 16:03:25
  • bigfoot Birthpangs 2012/04/06 22:24:32
    bigfoot
    your emotions have temporarily taken over your reasoning.Understandable.the anger and frustration you feel is the Same Anger and Frustration shared daily by Black People in America toward the Attacks on their families and Human and Legal Rights for Hundreds of years by the Majority of the American White People in Government and Power.in more thoughtful times I hope all of You will admit to yourselves,that Your refuseal to acknowledge and accept any responsibility for the race problem or attempt to understand and view America though the eyes of Minorities and Women in America is at the ROOT of our problems.truth is the majority of White People believe America with all its power and wealth belongs only to them.this group gets to make all the rules for everyone else to follow.remember with Every Action is A Re-Action.no need to repeat the stories of Slavery,Segregation,etc,other than to remind you History has away of repeating itself.and with the Documented Red Flags of History being practiced by the Right Wing Republicans /Religious Right [voter restrictions,power and wealth over the good of country and people,laws that defy common sense,government and Supreme Court being minipulated by Religion and Legal Restrictions,such as birth control,abortion etc.] you are viewing...
    your emotions have temporarily taken over your reasoning.Understandable.the anger and frustration you feel is the Same Anger and Frustration shared daily by Black People in America toward the Attacks on their families and Human and Legal Rights for Hundreds of years by the Majority of the American White People in Government and Power.in more thoughtful times I hope all of You will admit to yourselves,that Your refuseal to acknowledge and accept any responsibility for the race problem or attempt to understand and view America though the eyes of Minorities and Women in America is at the ROOT of our problems.truth is the majority of White People believe America with all its power and wealth belongs only to them.this group gets to make all the rules for everyone else to follow.remember with Every Action is A Re-Action.no need to repeat the stories of Slavery,Segregation,etc,other than to remind you History has away of repeating itself.and with the Documented Red Flags of History being practiced by the Right Wing Republicans /Religious Right [voter restrictions,power and wealth over the good of country and people,laws that defy common sense,government and Supreme Court being minipulated by Religion and Legal Restrictions,such as birth control,abortion etc.] you are viewing and reacting to the Re-action of Black People and Women to Warning Signs of Injustice.when as intelligent people you should be asking why are people re-acting like this?recall a phrase:first they came for............but it wasn't me.then they came for...........but it wasn't me.then they came for me.but there was no one to come for me.something like that. who are they? your friends of color,Latinoes,wife,daughter,son and then YOU.
  • Birthpangs bigfoot 2012/04/07 02:41:37
  • bigfoot Birthpangs 2012/04/08 01:41:59
    bigfoot
    No! your rationalization of facts and events blind you to the Truth.your opening sentence is total nonsense.you really need to think.I am willing to discuss the subject.however,you are being irrational.I do not live in the ghetto.the majority of my family are well educated and have responsible employment.therefore,I know upclose and personal you are wrong.
  • Birthpangs bigfoot 2012/04/09 00:43:06
  • Sildy bigfoot 2012/04/07 16:33:10
    Sildy
    +1
    If you are going to take the time to answer, please answer intelligently and with references/proof to back up your comments and opinions, other wise it's just a waste of all of our time and your's as I won't finish reading it and won't respond...so feel free to diatribe and flame away....otherwise - read on....

Your diatribe is all over the place, in addition it's just completely inaccurate. If this was true, would there be a black President? How about the numerous black CEO's of large coprortations? How about the many, many black business owners I personally know? How about all the hand outs available to the black community in general? The trillions of dollars given for food, shelter, school and education?
    How about the numerous members of Congress that are black - let's not forget the Black Caucus (hm...I don't remember there being a White Caucus),
    Let's also not forget the numerous assaults against white people perpetrated daily (just look at the prison statistics).
    Do you personally know anyone who was a slave? No, I didn't think so. Segratation was over 40 years ago and has never occured in my life time. Black youth today have only experienced the successes of all the hard fought years to bring about greater equality.

A black youth today has more advantages than I did, easi...

A black youth today has more advantages than I did, easily. Loans and Grants are more accessible for higher education, then there's Affirmative Action, which means all things being equal, the job goes to one person based on their race. If he/she makes a mistake, just pull the race card - it's like a get out of jail free card, but for work. And if they want to be slackers, no problem, just blame it on someone else thats not black.

Now, if they don't take advantage of it, thats on them and shame on the black community for not encouraging the youth better. These kids, acted this way because the parents didnt teach them better.

If you want to run a diatribe, at least back it up with references and not just spew oppinions, that does no one any good and just makes you look ignorant. For example - you bring up voter restrictions - there have never been race restricted voting issues in my life time. If you are referring to ID's - then you're just being ignorant - you need an ID to drive a car, buy cigarrettes, buy alcohol, get government assistance, spend food stamps...so I'm not sure how requiring an ID to vote would disenfranchise the minority from voting...
    And lastly what does birth control and abortion have to do with race? Are you suggesting that only black women have abortions and need birth control???

~ J
  • bigfoot Sildy 2012/04/08 02:28:20
    bigfoot
    you are a perfect example of the Shallow Thinking Ignorant and Stupid.sorry!Ican't help saying it.read your own comment.think this over."a black youth today has more advantages than I did,"if my Afro-American Son wrote with all your privileges of Your education and demonstrated such a total lack of knowledge of history I would be ashamed.You are No Bar of EXCELLENCE TO BE COMPARED TO.All that is,is your False Sense of White Superiority.You and those Who think like You Accuse Everyone Else of Being Wrong Because of Your OWN,I Repeat,Your OWN Lack of Education and Knowledge of Subjects and Facts. consider this.you do not have the Right to make the Rules and Judge.you get to play the game of Life with the rest of us.please you are an embarrassment even to the Klan..do I know anyone,who was a slave?lets see.my family is Afro-American.they have been here since the late 1690's.probably before yours.Segregation?18 years old in Georgia.stood drinking a Coke outside a wooden shack of a store at a railroad stop in Virginia on the way to Georgia,because Black people couldn't drink a Coke in his shack. I will take your advice.I won't waste my time communicating with you.
  • Patric bigfoot 2012/04/09 17:11:10
    Patric
    +1
    waa, waa ,. waa,,,

old story, old worn out tune ..

the black male is the most probable reason for a black male death..

they are killing them selves off, and I am ok with them doing what they do best
  • Sildy bigfoot 2012/04/13 15:15:25
    Sildy
    +1
    What are you rambling about? Give me examples - counter my arguments with something educated and don't bring up things that happened before I was even born.

If you want to talk about oppression, I am not white - I am actually Native American Indian and Irish. My relatives were here long before Europeans and African slaves and were treated brutally and murdered by the millions. Even today the lands that were given back to us are some of the poorest lands and have the highest numbers of poverty.

Calling someone stupid or ignorant usually means you have no real argument, so you are hoping to brow beat the person into not responding. Come back at me with something more intelligent and relevant.

~ J
  • Patric bigfoot 2012/04/09 17:08:49
    Patric
    +1
    yawn,,, 100 year,, bla bla bla..

the slavery thing is old , worn out execuse to rob and kill..

the black have failed society , and a drain on that same society...
  • bpf bigfoot 2012/04/13 04:45:09
    bpf
    +2
    Did you read any history books in your life (truthful ones), 1) In Africa the blacks sold other blacks into slavery way before the evil white man ever got there. 2) When the European started to by the black slave traders sped the business up, provoking one tribe to attack another tribe and giving them the choice slaves to sell 3) America was one of the first countries to end slavery 4) When the slaves were freed they went west like the evil ex-slave masters and murder the native Americans for land and money........................Gee facts are a bitch aren't they? The Native Americans are still treated like slaves in a country that was once theirs alone so cry me a river. Through out history many races were made slaves, only the Native Americans were consider lower than a slave and most tribes were completely wipe off out!
  • Birthpangs bpf 2012/04/13 15:00:29
  • Sildy bpf 2012/04/13 15:17:26
    Sildy
    +1
    Exactly bpf - but of course, I'm sure bigfoot knew all that. And that my ancestors helped the north because of the whole slavery issue...oh wait, he didnt' bother to find out anything he just started rambling with no real focus or supporting of his statements....lol

~ J
  • Patric SteveMa... 2012/04/09 17:07:39
    Patric
    +1
    hmm,, and obomma had the smart aleck remark that all they want is their guns and bible.

well yes, that and left alone from the gangsta society ...
  • LittleMistersMom 2012/04/06 14:58:36
    Other
    LittleMistersMom
    +3
    The hatred needs to stop. Period. Get over yourselves. The entitlement mentality also pisses me off. Who the Hell do you think you are to go out and think you deserve to beat someone up for no reason? How does the violence solve anything. And as for Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, those two have made a mockery out of all they stand for.
  • Hoochie Coochie Man 2012/04/06 14:43:38
    Hoochie Coochie Man
    +3
    No doubt about it be racially motivated but MSM doesn't what that to be covered it does not fit their agenda of racially motivated crime nor is it high profile enough to push a political agenda to benefit the current administration.
  • Elaine Magliacane 2012/04/06 14:21:07
    Elaine Magliacane
    +3
    THank you ERIC HOLDER and OBAMA....it's going to be a LONG, HOT, SUMMER.
  • **Bessie** 2012/04/06 13:56:51
    Other
    **Bessie**
    +5
    All be dead? I don't know.
    I am so disgusted by the hate of these young people, and I do say lock them up and throw away the key. They do not need to be walking amongst society.
  • Birthpangs **Bessie** 2012/04/06 14:02:14
  • **Bessie** Birthpangs 2012/04/06 14:31:16
    **Bessie**
    +4
    I am fortunate to have many friends of all "colors"! My "black friends" have and will defend me as I would defend them. I'm so sick of being judged on the color of skin. I am so fortunate to have friends of all "colors"!

Don't get me wrong...these boys deserve harsh punishment. They made a choice to be animals, not humans.
  • Cat 1017 Birthpangs 2012/04/06 17:49:16 (edited)
    Cat 1017
    How do you know it was taught to them...You are presuming alot...Kids have alot of input BESIDES their parents, and it isn't always postive...Thats like saying the kids that killed at Columbine were acting on what their parents taught them in there homes....Was that taught in the White community?...Your comments are biased and off based....you are stereotyping an entire commmunity based on somekids....ALL black kids don't behave in that manner, JUST like all White kids dont orchestrate mass killings....
  • Birthpangs Cat 1017 2012/04/06 20:53:01
  • Patric Cat 1017 2012/04/09 17:13:15
    Patric
    +1
    seen obomma 's priest ,, the wright guy ..

seen it my self ,

blame some one, and obomma blames Mr. Bush and the gangsta blame white people
  • Cat 1017 Birthpangs 2012/04/06 18:29:13 (edited)
    Cat 1017
    Did I mention you make idiotic claims.....How much time have you spent in the Black community?....None?...Um huh...
  • Patric Cat 1017 2012/04/09 17:15:04
  • Ira 2012/04/06 13:50:38
    Other
    Ira
    +1
    Geezis H! Can you not see the difference here? Perhaps a qupte of your own posting will help:

"Toledo police charged two children -- the 11-year-old and a 17-year-old -- with robbery, Sgt. Roy Kennedy said.

The 17-year-old also faces a felonious assault charge from an unrelated shooting, Ms. Olender said. The teen allegedly shot Mark Bolling, 24, in the 600 block of Leonard Street in East Toledo on March 18"

THERE WAS AN ACTUAL ARREST! This Trayvon incident is about JUSTICE NOT SERVED. My goodness you are way behind the curve on this one.
  • Birthpangs Ira 2012/04/06 13:52:44
  • Cat 1017 Birthpangs 2012/04/06 17:52:45
    Cat 1017
    +1
    HOW would you know what an indivdual wants?...MOST people want justice, or a MORE specific law than STAND your ground, which is TOO broad....
  • Birthpangs Cat 1017 2012/04/06 20:54:32
  • Ira Birthpangs 2012/04/06 18:14:58
    Ira
    +1
    Really? And people rave you for that shallow temerity of yours? What s slick argument you put forth. Why defend a statement you made when you can shut it down with gross confabulations of the psychic type!

You are useless for debate.
  • Cat 1017 Ira 2012/04/06 17:51:05
    Cat 1017
    +1
    Isn't it amazing they missed the ARREST and CHARGES...which is the reason why everyone is outraged about FL, THERE WERE NONE.....

2014/07/30 11:08:04