76% of small-business owners view Obama's economic policies negatively. Will the economy ever significantly improve as long as Obama is in office?

KoAm 2012/04/19 23:44:41
http://www.mrc.org/articles/small-businesses-worried-about-de...

Small Businesses Worried about Debt,
Obamacare, Says Chamber Study

Policies promoted by news media are major
cause for concern among small business owners.

The media keep saying that the economy
is
recovering,
that austerity
( NOT debt) is a problem, and that the
arguments against Obamacare are “weak.

But
many of this nation’s job creators completely disagree. Small business
owners
are still nervous about hiring, and concerned about federal debt and
regulations (especially the administration’s health care law).

According to the U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s
Small
Business
Outlook
Survey
(Q1), released on April 16, 83 percent of
small business owners think the U.S. economy is “off on the wrong
track.”
Seventy-six percent also disapprove of President Obama’s handling of the
economy, in contrast to the mainstream media. None of the three
broadcast
evening news programs mentioned the survey that night.

The media have spun bad economic
news
or given it little
coverage
in order to shield the Obama
administration. NBC even used an outdated poll that showed Obama’s
overall
approval ratings at 47
percent
on Dec. 27, 2011, even though they had
dipped slightly in a newer poll.

A large majority, 73 percent, of the small business owners
said the business climate has “worsened” in the past two years. The same
number
said federal regulations on small businesses were “unreasonable.” In
contrast,
reporters and anchors call
for
or
support
calls
for
regulation
all the time: food regulation,
environmental regulation, financial regulation and more.

Of course, Obama’s mammoth health care law is probably the
biggest regulation passed under his presidency. The media have favored
Obamacare. After the Supreme Court took up the case regarding the
individual
health insurance mandate, The New York Times headline read: “A
Health
Law
At
Risk
Gives
Insurers
Pause.”
The Times quoted nine different people
who argued a defeat of Obamacare would hurt U.S. health care, and only
one who
thought such a decision would be good.

Both CNN and a blog on The New York Times have called the
view that an individual mandate for health insurance is unconstitutional
weak.”

Once again, the mainstream media take a very different view
than small business owners. A huge number, 72 percent, of those owners
agreed
with the statement: “The recent healthcare law makes it much harder for
my
business to hire more employees.”

What do small businesses say would help them right now?
Majorities said that more certainty would be beneficial. So would
Washington
getting “out of the way.”

• wicked soda boy 2012/04/19 23:57:36
    No, it won't. He's in his 4th year in office. If it hasn't significantly im...
    wicked soda boy
    +8
    It's not just the lack of improvement in the past 3 years. It's the concerns over Obama's unfinished, and stated objectives, which will continue to cause fear and uncertainty for small business owners who are afraid to invest in equipment, and afraid to hire additional workers.

• Charles R. Anderson 2012/04/20 23:27:38
    Charles R. Anderson
    +1
    Obama is completely wrongheaded on the economy, on business, on health care, on unions, on the environment, and on energy. If re-elected, he will try to do even more harm to our standard of living, since he will no longer be concerned about being re-elected. He has hurt my small business and many other small business owners I encounter believe he has hurt their businesses. He is anti-management and anti-business owners, unless they contribute heavily to his campaign fund. He is easily bought, if you have enough money. Few small business owners do and many are too ethical to work with this evil man.
  • compufreek 2012/04/20 18:32:16
    compufreek
    +1
    This guy has NO CLUE what he is doing or he does and really doesn't care!!!!!!!!!!
  • engineer 2012/04/20 17:32:22
    Yes, it will. Hope and change. Hope and change. Let me be clear -- hope an...
    engineer
    If the GOP ever cooperates or are voted outy of office. Get rid of the obstuctionist GOP
  • compufreek engineer 2012/04/20 18:33:19
    compufreek
    I think Clinton had to deal with an all republican congress and he passed his agenda!!
  • Charles... engineer 2012/04/20 23:21:25
    Charles R. Anderson
    I wish the GOP did a much better job of obstructing socialism so we as free individuals could exercise our freedom of association to cooperate voluntarily with others in the private sector to pursue our self-chosen values without government obstruction. Unfortunately, many GOP politicians are bought off by the socialists, which is why the Red States get more harmful government money than is extracted from them by taxes as Blue State politicians buy them off and government continues to grow inexorably and unsustainably.
  • Kat ♪ ~ ♪ 2012/04/20 14:57:16
    Kat ♪ ~ ♪
    This administration is doing more to harm businesses large and small than any other I've ever seen. I'm not spending a bunch of money until after he's gone, I was going to hire an employee for the summer, might not even do that.
  • Red Branch 2012/04/20 14:17:45
    Not sure.
    Red Branch
    +1
    The Economy will not improve as long as he is President.
    If he gets enough policy changes, it will never improve, which is what he wants.
  • l 2012/04/20 14:15:38
    l
    +1
    The cost of living is so high now that the average family has no money left over at the end of the month to support small buisness. It's all going out to the oil companies,health insurance companies ,drug companies etc. Greed got us here and 4 years later it looks like nothing has changed. I try to do my bit when I can, by buying my prescription drugs from a family owned pharmacy and buying my gasoline from Sunoco...
  • Torchmanner ~PWCM~JLA 2012/04/20 13:53:04
    Torchmanner ~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    No. And he is STILL trying to kill the economy with new regulations against oil drilling!

What he is doing is intentional!
  • Artist~PWCM~ 2012/04/20 13:27:41
    Artist~PWCM~
    +5
    No, just no...
  • pizzaman7 2012/04/20 13:27:11
    pizzaman7
    +4
    We all know the Demacrooks are anti-business and at war with the US Chamber of commerce. Their redistribution of wealth, poor energy policies, lack of accountability and responsibility, and promotion of unionized labor are not condusive to a prosperous free enterprise economy. We are seeing the results and it won't get any better !

1. I voted Democrat because I believe oil companies' profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene, but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% isn't.

2. I voted Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.

3. I voted Democrat because Freedom of Speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it.

4. I voted Democrat because I'm way too irresponsible to own a gun, and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers and thieves.

5. I voted Democrat because I believe that people who can't tell us if it will rain on Friday can tell us that the polar ice caps will melt away in ten years if I don't start driving a Prius.

6. I voted Democrat because I'm not concerned about millions of babies
    being aborted so long as we keep all death row inmates alive.

7. I voted Democrat because I think illegal aliens have a right to free health care, education, and So...

7. I voted Democrat because I think illegal aliens have a right to free health care, education, and Social Security benefits, and we should take away the social security from those who paid into it.

8. I voted Democrat because I believe that business should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as the Democrats see fit.

9. I voted Democrat because I believe liberal judges need to rewrite the
    Constitution every few days to suit some fringe kooks who would never get their agendas past the voters.

10.. I voted Democrat because I think that it's better to pay billions to people who hate us for their oil, but not drill our own because it might upset some endangered beetle, gopher or fish.

11. I voted Democrat because while we live in the greatest, most wonderful country in the world, I was promised "HOPE AND CHANGE".

12. I voted Democrat because my head is so firmly planted up my butt, it's unlikely that I'll never have another point.
  • Torchma... pizzaman7 2012/04/20 13:49:15
    Torchmanner ~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    That's the truth. They really believe that.
  • Mark Howard 2012/04/20 11:26:02
    Mark Howard
    +4
    Hes an absolute idiot
  • truthman 2012/04/20 07:58:27
    truthman
    +4
    Nobody knows what to do. Big taxes are coming next January, Healthcare is off the charts. Gas is high. Shovel ready jobs ? We need to start digging that big ditch from Canada and put some shovels to work and get the oil before China gets it. Obama has got to go. It seems every week a new drama plays out. Im sick of it. WTF !!!! We have got to get somebody in there that knows business and thats Romney. I dont care if he is a Mormon. .
  • TheTruth1313 2012/04/20 06:12:05
    TheTruth1313
    +5
    Obama has done more to screw up the economy in just 4 years then any other president has done in 1 or 2 complete terms. It is time to kick this lying socialist traitor Obama the hell out of office. Make the pledge!!
  • BackWoodsMike 2012/04/20 00:54:34
    BackWoodsMike
    +6
    Signs like this will be posted and displayed on the windows and doors of Businesses all across the United States.

notice1
  • BlueMax372 2012/04/20 00:22:46
    BlueMax372
    +5
    The day after he's diselected, the economy will begin to improve.
  • darcie lamar 2012/04/20 00:20:45
    darcie lamar
    +6
    As a small business owner I can say most of my associates simply don't trust Obama. Obama has been very disrespectful of the Chamber of Commerce and doesn't understand how hard small business owners work. He wants to make Americans victims rather than giving people opportunity to create wealth with our talents and will to succeed.It's all about control for the dems.
  • truthman darcie ... 2012/04/20 08:01:49
    truthman
    +4
    Thats his problem. He knows nothing about business.
  • Red Branch truthman 2012/04/20 14:20:49
    Red Branch
    +3
    As far as the libs are concerned, he knows all he needs to know: How To Kill Business.
  • Kat ♪ ~ ♪ truthman 2012/04/20 15:03:20
  • truthman Kat ♪ ~ ♪ 2012/04/21 08:46:09
    truthman
    +1
    that was AWESOME !
  • Kat ♪ ~ ♪ truthman 2012/04/21 14:29:37
    Kat ♪ ~ ♪
    A friend e-mailed it to me yesterday, just had to share.
  • RTHTGakaRoland 2012/04/20 00:07:03
    RTHTGakaRoland
  • wicked soda boy 2012/04/19 23:57:36
    wicked soda boy
    +8
  • truthman wicked ... 2012/04/20 08:03:24
    truthman
    +5
    He has the nation in limbo.

2014/12/20 11:38:51