74% of Americans Support Voter ID Laws: Do You?

Daryl 2012/08/14 21:00:00
BREITBART.COM reports:
One of the left's sillier temper tantrums is the fight against Voter ID laws. The law simply requires that a voter present a photo ID at the polling place, as a means to verify they are who they say they are. It is almost impossible to navigate daily life without a photo ID, yet the left argues that this burden is uniquely onerous. In their worldview, a person should be able to walk into the voting place, state a name and then vote without any verification the person is, in fact, that name. Fortunately, the American people loudly disagree.
walk voting vote verification person fortunately american people loudly disagree

Read More: http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/08/14...

• Maddog 2012/08/14 21:36:57
    Maddog
    +25
    I have to assume that those opposed to voter I.D. Laws merely wish to abet voter fraud, and are probably Democrats. It's their favorite tactic for stealing elections and has the tacit approval of the criminal attorney general Eric Holder.

tactic stealing elections tacit approval criminal attorney general eric holder

• Bill ~PWCM~JLA 2012/08/17 11:11:31
    Bill ~PWCM~JLA
    +5
    I had to show an ID the other day to buy a mattress. Granted, I opened a store credit line to get a $100 discount.

Look... there is only one reason that voter ID is being fought. The liberals want to cheat at the voting booth. Plain and simple. It's the only way they can win and they know it.
  • Dar 2012/08/17 10:33:51
    Dar
    +2
    How the hell expecting a person to produce a valid picture ID wrong. State by state, I believe voter ID laws will prevail, despite the efforts of Liberals.
  • T A 2012/08/17 10:21:10
    T A
    +2
    I chose no because there was no "who cares" option.

If you want to roll in their mud then prepare to obey their rules. There's no shortage of them.

The real question is why vote? Do you need these people for whom you are voting? Even if you really trust the people for whom you vote, is it worth the risk of being ruled by "the other guys"?

12 years ago democrats voted for their guy and wound up being ruled for 8 years by a guy they hated. Why? 4 years ago, the republicans did the same. Why? Why would anyone choose others to rule over them and why would they just accept having someone they hate and distrust take their money and tell them what to do? That's insane. Is that how you handle the rest of your life? Of course not. Would you give such power to your neighbor? If not, why would you give it to strangers?

What have we gotten? Over a decade of war with both of the last guys saying they were for peace only to wage war in 5 countries and threaten two more. Bank bailouts and auto bailouts. Medicare part D and Obamacare. Patriot Acts I and II, NDAA, Guantanamo Bay (still open) and the TSA. The continuing drug war and more government approved drugs in the schools. Government is a real success...if you happen to be in it.

And regardless of what party you...

And regardless of what party you support, look at what these evil, narcissistic a-holes do in office; lie, cheat, steal and murder. Yet people keep voting cause sure...this next guy's gonna fix it? Cheeseandcrackers, it's a damned hamster wheel of evil. It's time to get off of it.
  • JAA T A 2012/08/17 19:03:51 (edited)
    JAA
    +2
    Why are you even living in the USA. You sound like someone who would be just as happy (or sad) in communist China. In fact, why don't you just kill yourself, as there doesn't seem to be any reason for you to live?

"Cheeseandcrackers, it's a damned hamster wheel of evil. It's time to get off of it." Why don't you, then?
  • T A JAA 2012/08/18 05:39:14
    T A
    I see context and understanding elude you...as well as a cogent argument. What a shame.
  • JAA T A 2012/08/18 11:24:42 (edited)
    JAA
    Can't answer my questions? That figures. I can give you a very good cogent argument, but you pretty much summed up the whole mess, lol Your post above sounds like the rantings of an individual who would be willing to enter a school auditorium or movie theater & shoot everyone.

Anyway, why don't you just stay at home on election day, start packing, & move yourself to the mountains in another state. Your state is irrevocably "blue", anyway, so you're right in the point that your vote won't mean a thing & your state has gone bankrupt, economically & morally, so there's no hope for it. The only thing that can help California now is for the San Andreas fault to finally drop the state into the ocean.
  • T A JAA 2012/08/21 01:01:59
    T A
    Your questions seem rhetorical and rather juvenile. As for violence, you're the one advocating it, whereas, I didn't even mention it. In fact, you seem to have a great lust for others deaths. Not content with desiring my own you wish for millions more to accompany me.

How did your parents address what they termed disobedience and rudeness when you were a child? Was it violent?
  • JAA T A 2012/08/21 05:21:37
    JAA
    My last comment stands as written. You've proven my points. Thanks.
  • FlyGalsMom T A 2012/08/19 05:38:25
    FlyGalsMom
    Everytime you DON'T vote~~ YOU HELP to get the sort of ppl you complain about elected~~
  • T A FlyGalsMom 2012/08/21 01:30:12
    T A
    There is no sort of person I want in charge of me other than myself and I have no desire to be in charge of another. In fact, a person with such a desire is one from whom I wish to find myself far away.

If I as an individual do not have the authority to force you to refrain from non-violent activities or to compel you by force to surrender the fruits of your labor to me (what we call theft, robbery or extortion), then I cannot delegate authority I do not have to another individual, especially as that individual also does not have the authority to do so. An aggregation of individuals without the authority to commit those acts also cannot delegate authority they do not have as individuals to others to commit those acts which are impermissible on an individual basis to another. All I may do is control myself and my own property. Control of anything else is a fantasy that is only achievable through violence or the threat of violence.

Those people in office are only there because the people accept them. Not because I don't.

Excerpted from No Treason II by Lysander Spooner: http://lysanderspooner.org/no...

On the contrary, it is to be considered that, without his consent having ever been asked, a [*6] man finds himself environed by a government that he cannot resist; a governme...

On the contrary, it is to be considered that, without his consent having ever been asked, a [*6] man finds himself environed by a government that he cannot resist; a government that forces him to pay money, render service, and forego the exercise of many of his natural rights, under peril of weighty punishments. He sees, too, that other men practise this tyranny over him by the use of the ballot. He sees further that, if he will but use the ballot himself, he has some chance of relieving himself from this tyranny of others, by subjecting them to his own. In short, be finds himself, without his consent, so situated that, if he use the ballot, he may become a master; if he does not use it, he must become a slave. And he has no other alternative than these two. In self-defence, he attempts the former. His case is analogous to that of a man who has been forced into battle, where he must either kill others, or be killed himself. Because, to save his own life in battle, a man attempts to take the lives of his opponents, it is not to be inferred that the battle is one of his own choosing. Neither in contests with the ballot --- which is a mere substitute for a bullet --- because, as his only chance of self-preservation, a man uses a ballot, is it to be inferred that the contest is one into which he voluntarily entered; that he voluntarily set up all his own natural rights, as a stake against those of others, to be lost or won by the mere power of numbers. On the contrary, it is to be considered that, in an exigency, into which he had been forced by others, and in which no other means of self-defence offered, he, as a matter of necessity, used the only one that was left to him.
  • hasher 2012/08/17 10:01:00
    hasher
    +4
    everyone should have some sort of id. you need one nowadays wherever you go. even if you dont drive you can get a state id. you need an id just to buy beer and cigarettes definitely one needed for voting. helps prevent voter fraud.
  • hasher hasher 2012/08/17 10:13:54
    hasher
    +2
    michigan has had voter id laws in place for a long time. i dont see what the big deal is. no id cant vote that simple.
  • Stardust 2012/08/17 06:21:41
  • TheTruth1313 2012/08/17 06:20:15
    TheTruth1313
    +3
    Absolutely!! This shouldn't even be a question. I'm from from the laughable libtard state of Connecticut and, even we, have to show ID when we go to vote.
  • garyt212 2012/08/17 05:45:18
    garyt212
    +2
    If you can't prove that you have the Right to vote then you shouldn't be able to vote! What is so hard to understand about that?
  • DavE 2012/08/17 05:31:49
    DavE
    +1
    And capital punishment for premeditated voting fraud?
    No problem.
  • Dwight PWCM 2012/08/17 04:57:52
    Dwight PWCM
    +3
    Yes I do.
  • DM Twin 2012/08/17 04:37:55
    DM Twin
    +3
    No authentic ID..... NO VOTE......PERIOD......
  • teigan 2012/08/17 04:29:05
    teigan
    +2
    Yes, of course I do. Only those that are eligible to vote should be voting and that is the only way to be sure of it.
  • diane RN 2012/08/17 04:24:17
    diane RN
    +2
    A friend of mine owns a home in Cabo san Lucas. She tells me that in order to vote in Mexico you need an ID with your name, address and a fingerprint! The USA is a joke.
  • NOT14U2 2012/08/17 04:01:18
    NOT14U2
    +1
    depends on which vote is being suppressed!
  • bpf NOT14U2 2012/08/18 03:34:55
    bpf
    The real question is not who is being suppressed but that the real "Legal" voter is being negated by the false voter.
  • jumpboots 187th PIR 2012/08/17 03:52:02
    jumpboots 187th PIR
    +1
    Yes 100%........
  • V~POTL~PWCM~JLA 2012/08/17 03:37:45
    V~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    +4
    Obama won't admit it, but he supports voter ID laws as well. You can't go to an Obama fundraiser without showing a photo ID.
  • Barbara Hasler 2012/08/17 02:55:43
    Barbara Hasler
    +2
    Identifying oneself is proper in order to vote. You have to show photo ID to get into Costco or board an airplane. Forget about all the negative propaganda about the difficulty of getting picture ID. It is simple and does not cost anything at the MVD/
  • les_gvt 2012/08/17 02:39:34
    les_gvt
    +3
    74% of Americans are racist right wing extremist?
  • tommyg - POTL- PWCM-JLA 2012/08/17 02:30:00
    tommyg - POTL- PWCM-JLA
    +3
    I do. I see no relevant reason not to.
  • ☆astac☆~PWCM 2012/08/17 02:28:36
    ☆astac☆~PWCM
    +3
    How else are we going to stop the fraud.
  • Yes
    ☆The Rock☆ * AFCL* The Sheriff!!
    +6
    Why of course, why would I not? Its simple either show your damn ID or you can not vote!
  • Ukie 2012/08/17 02:12:15
    Ukie
    +5
    Absolutely!! voter fraud voter fraud
  • Rogue_Loner 2012/08/17 02:01:44
  • critter171 2012/08/17 01:32:27
    critter171
    +1
    I am fine with id has drivers licenses or non drivers licenses to be allowed to be approve to vote anything its not needed.
  • lcky9 2012/08/17 01:10:36
    lcky9
    +1
    However with the Politicians picking and choosing which laws to enforce do you really think anyone would bother???
  • Gwen 2012/08/17 01:02:19
    Gwen
    +2
    absolutely.
  • Yo'Adrienne..AFCL 2012/08/17 00:34:53
    Yo'Adrienne..AFCL
    +3
    Whaddaymean YES or NO....It's YES. There is only ONE answer....Do the right thing.........
    It has to be YES. To reply NO...is illegal, immoral, and wrong.!
  • garyt212 Yo'Adri... 2012/08/17 05:48:44
  • FranciscoCanales 2012/08/16 23:59:47
    FranciscoCanales
    +2
    Voting fraud is rampant, the Democrats are the ones that promoted this fraud. We must stop this practice of corruption in every State of this Union.
  • critter171 Francis... 2012/08/17 01:33:34
    critter171
    +2
    yup that is why i had to show my id in nh when i went to vote who has a d next to his name. the are saying that id that i said above are enough
  • dave s 2012/08/16 23:50:29
    dave  s
    +2
    of course I do. it seems an easy way to further validate our election process
  • Bureauc 0Bamao 2012/08/16 23:16:46
    Bureauc 0Bamao
    +4
    The 26% in opposition no doubt includes the 1.8 million dead people still on the voter rolls.
    A growing number since eric holder refuses to fulfill the the Justice Dept's obligation to purge voter rolls.

2014/09/30 09:53:13