74% of Americans Support Voter ID Laws: Do You?

Daryl 2012/08/14 21:00:00
BREITBART.COM reports:
One of the left's sillier temper tantrums is the fight against Voter ID laws. The law simply requires that a voter present a photo ID at the polling place, as a means to verify they are who they say they are. It is almost impossible to navigate daily life without a photo ID, yet the left argues that this burden is uniquely onerous. In their worldview, a person should be able to walk into the voting place, state a name and then vote without any verification the person is, in fact, that name. Fortunately, the American people loudly disagree.
walk voting vote verification person fortunately american people loudly disagree

Read More: http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/08/14...

• Maddog 2012/08/14 21:36:57
    Maddog
    +25
    I have to assume that those opposed to voter I.D. Laws merely wish to abet voter fraud, and are probably Democrats. It's their favorite tactic for stealing elections and has the tacit approval of the criminal attorney general Eric Holder.

tactic stealing elections tacit approval criminal attorney general eric holder

• shawn.r.christiansen 2012/09/01 12:26:34 (edited)
    shawn.r.christiansen
    How can anyone be against showing valid identification in order to vote? You have to show your id in so many situations in life and every citizen either already has one or can get one from the dmv. Voting is so important and the legitimacy of elections must be protected. Liberals try to block voter id laws for one reason: the want people to be able to commit voter fraud like ACORN did in 2008.
    http://www.americanthinker.co...
  • MrsB 2012/08/29 20:43:09
    MrsB
    I'm really not understanding why people fight this ...
  • libaretardstoo 2012/08/29 17:52:54
    libaretardstoo
    +1
    I see no problem at all with verifying that A) the voter is who he/she says he/she is. Further, that B) it would be nice to verify whether they're registered as ____________ as they've suggested.

I see no harm nor indecency in such laws or such expectations, the law or perceived law merely to verily the person attempting to vote, standing in front of the volunteer is who he/she says they are.

Everyone knows there is tremendous problem in our country with illegal immigration and with Muslim Brotherhood and others.

It's important to at least give the perception that Heir Barrack Josef Obama Stalin is being lawful before he miscounts the tally in his favor.
    .
  • JayRevolution 2012/08/29 17:37:26
    JayRevolution
  • Donald Eric Kesler 2012/08/29 14:24:08
    Donald Eric Kesler
    I am opposed to all laws for which a need has not been clearly demonstrated.
  • shawn.r... Donald ... 2012/09/01 12:28:35
    shawn.r.christiansen
    +1
    If that's true you must not be an Obama supporter. Liberals love new laws and bigger government.
  • Donald ... shawn.r... 2012/09/01 17:48:11
    Donald Eric Kesler
    It has been my observation that both liberals and conservatives love new laws and big government. Try persuading a conservative to cut the bloated U.S. military budget. Try explaining to a conservative how their is no empirical data to justify the implementation of unconstitutional laws requiring the drug testing welfare recipients.

The state has an obligation to present evidence, demonstrating the existence of a genuine need, prior to being granted even more power and authority. In this instance, the state has wholly failed to prove the existence of a problem.
  • Resp 2012/08/29 04:18:41
    Resp
    I need ID for a driver's license, an ID to buy beer, and and ID to get into a bar.

Voting is more important than all of that. If one can get to a Voting Station then one can get to DMV for a photo ID.

They just want "undocumented Democrats".
  • Kozman 2012/08/28 03:39:01
    Kozman
    It's simply a NO-BRAINER... I mean come on. The same people that bitch
    about it, show there ID to buy booze. The simple fact that you need an ID
    for almost everything in life. Voting, show an ID. It's a NO-BRAINER...
  • bye 2012/08/28 02:34:27
    bye
    +1
    What is the big deal? You have to show ID to buy liquor, drink it and drive (not at the same time) get cigarettes, and write checks!!!!! So come on it's the lamest thing unless Democrats really want dead people and illegals to vote!
  • MsDianna 2012/08/27 22:49:11
    MsDianna
    yes I have to have a photo ID to cash a check, open a bank account, go to the doctor, go to the militarycommissary so many things to keep us safe
  • Food Stamp Papa (Phart) 2012/08/25 17:57:27
    Food Stamp Papa (Phart)
    would you look at that? most sodahead people support voter ID! 831%-175%
  • HAZL_EYZ 2012/08/23 18:23:12
    HAZL_EYZ
    i have at least one person that has stolen my identity in the past.. it's my ONE vote and I WANT IT
  • Navajogirl 2012/08/21 14:34:54
    Navajogirl
  • Chris 2012/08/20 04:52:49 (edited)
    Chris
    +3
    Between 2000-2010 there has only been 13 cases of voter fraud.

Until there is a reasonable reason to request this law I just don't see the point other than to make it more difficult for some people to vote.
  • Kozman Chris 2012/08/28 03:41:43
    Kozman
    You watch the young turks. Come on. They suck.
  • Chris Kozman 2012/08/28 03:51:42
    Chris
    I watch many news sources. Not just fox news like most repubs.
  • Kozman Chris 2012/08/28 21:06:43
    Kozman
    Very Good. So do I. Take care.
  • shawn.r... Chris 2012/09/01 12:31:52
    shawn.r.christiansen
    +3
    Wow, you are so naive!
  • Chris shawn.r... 2012/09/01 19:17:22
    Chris
    Because I want to see an actual reason for yet another law? Aren't you sick and tired of baseless laws in this country?

• kfallslady 2012/08/20 02:59:15
    kfallslady
    several years ago I had to renew my licence, I had it sence I was 16yrs old, but becayse of all the illegal aliens, I have to come up with so much bs to prove whom I was, everyone should go through the same bs
  • Eh Poli... kfallslady 2012/08/22 06:50:43
    Eh Politico
    +1
    illegals aren't to blame for that one. Personality theft is the reason for those laws.
  • kfallslady Eh Poli... 2012/08/23 00:39:42
    kfallslady
    nope your wrong, it's the mexicans...
  • Eh Poli... kfallslady 2012/08/23 02:28:53
    Eh Politico
    oh. alright then. Care to justify that?
  • kfallslady kfallslady 2012/08/24 02:33:10
    kfallslady
    not really but if you don't like how we operate in the United States, and In God We Trust, move on
  • POPEYE Eh Poli... 2012/09/02 03:38:32
    POPEYE
    Illegal aliens steal most SSNs here is one for you 042-68-4425 !
  • Artist~PWCM~ 2012/08/19 19:34:49
    Artist~PWCM~
    +2
    I've had mine for 38 years, never a problem. Besides, don't you have to have some sort of ID to pick up or cash a welfare or Social Security check?
  • Sissum71*AFCL* 2012/08/19 19:17:59
    Sissum71*AFCL*
    It's common sense...
  • Vipor_GG 2012/08/19 17:21:01
    Vipor_GG
    And always will!
  • tesmith47 2012/08/19 17:05:43
    tesmith47
    +1
    what a non issue! almost half of americans dont even vote at all!!!!!!
    notice who is trying to make this a issue, the same republicans who stole the election for bush!!!
  • Kozman tesmith47 2012/08/28 03:47:42
    Kozman
    Did they steal it for Bush when he was Re elected? Very simple question. Simple
    answer requested. I'll be waiting. You can take your time. Just give an answer.
    Thankyou...
  • ģhøṡτ øώl 2012/08/19 13:55:29
    ģhøṡτ øώl
    +1
    With Identity Theft being such a common problem, absolutely. What I do not understand is why so many are decrying the requirement of ID as racist. I need this explained in detail. I just don't get that point of view, at all. There was an editorial in our local newspaper the other day and this fellow was complaining about having to show ID at the hospital when he went in for surgery, for going into vote for something in his worker's union and a few other things. He called it "blatant hateful racism". I am at a loss of comprehending this. I mean did anyone see a few months ago when that reporter was all set up and ready to vote in the primaries in FOR Eric Holder? That was crazy. Here's the story:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-...
  • Texas Gal 2012/08/19 13:46:34
    Texas Gal
    +3
    I have no problem with presenting a picture I.D. when voting. Just to support that I am who I say I am. If you are a legal and registered U.S. citizen - this should not be a problem. If you are not legal and not registered to where you can acquire a picture I.D., then you don't have a right to cast a vote. I wouldn't expect to be able to go to some other country and be allowed to vote just because I was there. It's that simple.
  • Rob_Hoff 2012/08/19 13:33:56
    Rob_Hoff
    Pointless
  • vinone 2012/08/19 09:29:38
    vinone
    +1
    I have absolutely nothing against it, I have a drivers license and I needed it the first time I voted, why not the extra 15 seconds every time I vote.
  • GrooVy 2012/08/19 06:01:37 (edited)
    GrooVy
    +4
    No! Let's see, first, they didn't ask me so i have to assume that 74% is a Fox news made up number. Did Fox ask you? Second, the actual current case studies showed only 10 cases of voter id fraud out of 300 million people. All newsworthy news sources have sited this voter id law as absolute gibberish! Even the Republicans interviewed said the same thing! [Fox, of course, excluded.] Note: Newsworthy criteria!

Just 10 cases of voter fraud? 222 million, [222,000,000] people are supposed to have thought this is worth wasting our time talking about? Really? Do the MATH! FoX LIES! Find me 1 court document about even 1 case! More people then the voter fraud number want to see proof of Mitt Romney's claimed 13% tax he allegedly paid. Were are Willard Mitt Romney's actual tax returns? Did they vanish like Dick Chaney's e-mails? Why not have him teach this vanishing act instead of running for office! Is FoX talking about that? No.

This is just another way of Republicans wasting government funds and time to minimize the chance that your average voters show up to vote. Ask yourself why aren't they bragging about Bush? Oh, yeah, because he ruined our economy, created the housing bust, started wars with everyone except Texas, could NOT even find the 1 man [and former business partner] he clai...

This is just another way of Republicans wasting government funds and time to minimize the chance that your average voters show up to vote. Ask yourself why aren't they bragging about Bush? Oh, yeah, because he ruined our economy, created the housing bust, started wars with everyone except Texas, could NOT even find the 1 man [and former business partner] he claimed was responsible and now the little ex-president coward is in hiding! The only time his name was mentioned in this election coverage was when his party, the Republicans and the Republican candidates were saying they did NOT want his endorsement! What a sad legacy to leave behind! Do you really want to repeat that?

If you really want meaningful change in voters laws, change the way votes are counted!

Forget this current system of which key States matter and which States do not count. Count each persons vote as just that, 1 vote! That would be a useful change. Otherwise, don't waste my time talking about just 10 cases of voters who were dishonest. My money still remembers the election that dragged on for 47 days! The whole world called it a fraud. United Nations also asked to see the voter facts. What happened? Bush got an election given to him by his younger brother, Jeb! Do you know what was the greatest achievement of Jeb Bush? Jeb Bush slashed a total of $5.8 million in grants to public libraries, pilot projects for library homework help and web-based high-school texts, and funding for a joint-use library in Tampa. Might that have something to do with the fact that these two Texas yokels could not read and speak at an adult literacy level? What is a "Jeb" anyway? I know what a Jab is. A jab is defined as an overhanded punch. Any idea who John Ellis Bush is? That was this fools real name. I guess that was to hard to spell.

Wow! He could only remember his initials! Let's try Jeb...

Next, George denied the United Nations their request to examine the elections. What happened next you ask? The rest of the world questioned our example of a free election process. Why not talk about that 1 snafu case of 300 million voters defraud? That 1 case happened to be the entire country of America! What is your case? Oh, yeah, you watched FoX and are easily manipulated! Sad, sad, sad...

I am not currently running for president and...

Jel Bunl or John Ellis Bush

did not approve this message. [u c, it is not be ez nuf 4 him 2 read.] =).
  • jules1011 GrooVy 2012/08/19 12:41:48
    jules1011
    +1
    If you are against showing an ID to vote, you must not have one. If you do have an ID, what's the big deal? What's to stop illegal immigrants from voting?
  • tesmith47 jules1011 2012/08/19 17:11:44
    tesmith47
    +2
    there is NO evidence that illegals are voting anywhere, be honest, we all know that this is a effort to keep poor folks and black folks from voting because those groups usually vote democrat.
    all you folks that believe in god should think about what you are doing, your god does not like lying and hypocrisy!
  • Food St... tesmith47 2012/08/25 15:26:36
    Food Stamp Papa (Phart)
    hows that gonna keep them from voying?
  • POPEYE Food St... 2012/09/02 03:42:35
    POPEYE
    learn to spell ! idiot

2014/10/02 02:43:45